BrainDead Ratings

Ratings: BrainDead Drops, So You Think You Can Dance Hits New Lows

CBS’ BrainDead this Monday drew 3.4 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating, dropping 26 and 29 percent from its soft debut and placing a distance third in the 10 o’clock hour. Suddenly I am skeptical about the summertime dramedy’s four-season plan.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

NBC | Ninja Warrior (6.3 mil/1.8) ticked down, Spartan (4.6 mil/1.5) was steady.

FOX | So You Think You Can Dance (3.2 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth while Houdini & Doyle (1.8 mil/0.4) was flat, both at series lows.

THE CW | Reign (1 mil/0.3) ticked up with its finale, while Whose Line (1.1 mil/0.3) was steady.

ABC | The Bachelorette (7 mil/2.0) matched its most recent tally, leading the night in both measures. Mistresses (3 mil/0.8) was also steady.

1. i gave it three episodes look like i may be right

2. JBC says:

I am not surprised about Brain Dead. It is too stupid! Unfortunately a wonderful cast is wasted in this one. I usually give a show at least a couple of viewings, but this one I only needed one and done.

3. Wtll says:

BrainDead is one of the worst shows ever put on television.

4. Bwhit says:

I might be alone here, but I feel like Braindead maybe should have been on a streaming platform or cable instead of CBS. It just isn’t the type of show they normally do. I mean I’m enjoying it, but it may be too out there for that network.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m actually enjoying it also. Probably because it is “out there”. And I’m not watching it expecting it to be anything other than what it is, silly and ridiculous. The girl locked in the bathroom last night cracked me up.

• Bwhit says:

Me too! Plus her brother almost getting infected made me laugh because of the mistress…. I’m taking it for what it is, campy summer fun programming.

• wrstlgirl says:

Oh god, that bed scene was hilarious!! Wouldn’t hurt my feelings if CBS moved it to Saturday nights. Right now it’s up against Mistresses and The Fosters both of which I love so I record those and watch Braindead in another room. I was hoping I wouldn’t like it, lol!!!

• Bwhit says:

My summer viewing is really light so I have no conflicts on Mondays. I know it’s up against some established shows so I’m not hopeful about its future. It’s a shame because the cast is really good.

• Patrick says:

This is the type of show meant to be binged.

• Bwhit says:

Yes! I could totally see it on Amazon Prime or Netflix as a binge. I think it’s one that needs to be viewed a few episodes at a time.

5. EJ says:

CBS should just pull the plug already. This is big time karma for the Kings after the way they condescended and lied regarding the Margulies-Panjabi fiasco,

6. The Kaibosh says:

gulp

7. Marie says:

I like unusual shows, but BrainDead is idiotic. I couldn’t make it all the way through the episode.

8. dan says:

I enjoyed episode two of Brain Dead better than the premiere. With that said, it is still quirky and odd. Not sure if they’re going for comedy or campy, but I’m finding humor in some ridiculous things. I’ll stick with it for now because I like the cast and I’m intrigued by how the storyline will unfold. I also loved the musical “previously on” at the beginning of the show! I wouldn’t be surprised, however, if CBS moves it to a less competitive night and puts reruns of something else on instead.

9. Fluffybutter says:

Cancel “SYTYCD.” Michael Slezak even isn’t watching the show anymore.

It’s time to tell Nigel Lythgoe, Jason Derulo, Paula Abdul, and Cat Deely to take a long walk down a short pier.

• Temperance says:

SYTYCD has been – and can be again – great. Doing a kids version is simply unwatchable. I made it five minutes and turned the channel.

10. ndixit says:

Well, at least from the sound of it, each season of BrainDead would be its own individual entity. So at least this story should be completed in the event of its likely cancellation. I am enjoying BrainDead but it’s a bit too out there for CBS.

11. meg says:

I think I made the right decision last week after watching the first episode of Brain Dead to delete the timer for future episodes. Thought the cast and pedigree would make it good, but I lost interest about 1/4 way through the episode. Not surprised others did too.

12. Mr. Smith says:

BrainDead had a great premise, but sadly (and surprisingly), the writing is horrible. Great cast, but terrible writing. So surprised.

13. David4 says:

I thought Brain Dead is what we call the people who thought little kids on SYTYCD was a good idea?

14. HAP says:

Who would have imagined that a show that has folks behind it like the Kings and Ridley Scott, and an excellent cast, would end up getting no love from the public.

If this had been a fall show, it would be toast. But, since it’s a 13 episode summer show, it will probably run through 13.

15. ScottJ says:

With those numbers it looks like Brain Dead won’t ever get any sort of resolution. So its pointless wasting any more time watching it.

16. I think you should put the GOOD Wife BACK ON. This Brain Dead is not worth my time

17. Melissa Bliss says:

Well Duh! If you change the date & time that it comes on from week to week you are going to lose viewership- only way I found next episode was by going to shows website. People are lazy & most won’t go through the hassle.

18. Mary says:

I enjoy Braindead…..very different…and entertaining. Smart and cleverly done.

19. Kathleen says:

I’m sorry but Brain Dead is a great show. It is a parody on what it feels like in the political landscape right now. Mixed with a little funny sci-fi and you have Brain Dead. It’s funny, well written and different from any other show on TV. How many more procedural crime dramas and reality shows do we need to be subjected to? Give it a chance CBS.