Archer Renewed Season 8 9 10 FX

Archer Renewed for Seasons 8, 9 and 10

I spy some very satisfied Archer fans: FX has renewed the animated series for three more seasons, the network announced Tuesday.

Former spook Archer, Lana the rest of the gang will be back in early 2017 with an eight-episode Season 8. Two more eight-episode seasons will follow. The network also agreed to a new, overall production deal with Floyd County Productions, which produces the series.

“We can’t say enough about what Adam [Reed], Matt [Thompson] and the entire Archer team at Floyd County have done to keep this series so insanely funny and vital through seven seasons,” Nick Grad, co-president of original programming at FX Networks and FX productions, said via statement. “The move to Los Angeles this past season as private detectives was just the latest twist in Archer’s legendary exploits, and the next three seasons will to be just as amazing and unpredictable. We are thrilled to continue making great TV with our friends and colleagues at Floyd County.”

1. ScrubsGuy says:

*jaw drop* Even with those diminishing ratings? And also *****SPOILER ALERT******, was the LA season a dream?

2. David4 says:

Yeah baby!

3. El S Boy says:

Heel YEAH !!!

4. Kansas Blutbad says:

Lana is the hottest cartoon since Jessica Rabbit! Woo Hoo!

5. Mark says:

8 episodes per season? So, really less than 2 and a half seasons, spread out over three years.

• Rob Horine says:

I’d rather have 8 episodes of Archer than 22 of Modern Family.

• Lacy says:

That was so what I was thinking. First there was 13 episodes and then 10 this season and now 8 ? Archer deserves way more than 8, i hope they are an hour long then. Don’t get me wrong I am so happy for more but talk about short changing the fans

• BillyBobJohnson says:

As the seasons pile up, they have to pay everyone more money, or they have to cut out some of the voice actors. So, do you want 13 episodes without some of the key players or 8 episodes with everyone?

6. 8 episodes a season that’s it Cheapskates ..LAME bet the DVD price wont be lowered FAIL

7. eddie willers says:

Christian Slater is the happiest of all.

8. Rob Horine says:

Maybe they’re prepping a spinoff with the two LA detectives featured last season? Dietrich and Harris, LAPD!

9. nabocane says:

13 episodes, down to 10 this season, now 8 episodes each the next three seasons. Really? We can’t expect 13 ideas from you per year? It’s not like we’re Brits, after all.

I can’t believe FX fell for your act. And this is the network that wouldn’t give Jim Jefferies and his brilliant, innovative show more than two seasons? Mentally-lazy buffoons.

• NM says:

It’s probably more about money issues, which is why the number of episodes decreased. I was surprised to even see it renewed given it’s ratings to be honest.

10. James says:

Best news I heard all month

11. Katherine Delain says:

But will Sterling be alive…? ;)

Maybe he’ll be in a coma and wake up at the end of season 8.

12. albertj15 says:

I really enjoy this show, I wish there would be more then 8 episode’s. I even enjoy the reruns.

13. popeye013 says:

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!

14. Sheryl says:

YAYAYAY!!! A lot of people are complaining about Season 7 but people were complaining about S5 too when it first came out but it’s one of my favorites. Fact is this is one of the best teams on TV (writers, animators, actors, REED, Everyone) and I am so, so happy.

Also, Katherine was spot on!

15. Louis says:

Great News,
    Now tell me why they went from 13 episodes to 10.. to 8???
    thats barely enough time to get a good story line going.. and of corse i dont care about the fact they charge the same for 8 that they did for 13… But it seems im not the only one that wants there to be more episodes…
    Hint Hint Hint…

16. JessiJo says:

Archer is one of my all time favorite TV shows but I don’t understand why the hell FX ordered 13 episodes for current 2016 season, then only did 10 – or why they only ordered 8 for the nxt 3 seasons. Ratings must have nothing to do with it or they would either order more epi’s if ratings were great – or renew it one yr at a time if ratings were slipping. So WTF? Guess we have to take what we can get.

17. JessiJo says:

Oh I just read someone’s comment abt why only 8 epi’s – but why wld the cost of an animated show w voice over actors cost more than reg show w reg actors? Oh well, mute point,