You're the Worst Samira Wiley

TVLine Items: OITNB Star Treats Worst, CW and Hulu Part Ways and More

Having been through the worst on Orange Is the New Black, Samira Wiley is uniquely prepared for her next gig, You’re the Worst.

The actress will recur on Season 3 of the FXX comedy as Gretchen’s therapist, Justina, per The Hollywood Reporter.

The counselor is said to have the unique ability to cut through her patient’s layers of crap. But, though she’s a great analyst, she’s still very much trying to figure out her own life, including what to do about her unambitious boyfriend.

You’re the Worst returns Aug. 31 at 10/9c.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Good news: The CW and Netflix are nearing a deal that would make the netlet’s shows available to stream less than two weeks after each season ends, our sister site Variety reports. Bad news: The CW’s agreement with Hulu is coming to an end, meaning recent episodes will only be available to stream in-season on CWTV.cm and VOD.

* Showtime has made the Ray Donovan Season 4 premiere (airing June 26) available early via YouTube, SHO.com and SVOD platforms.

* Broadway’s top musical artists will appear on Maya & Marty this Tuesday (NBC, 10/9c) to perform “What the World Needs Now Is Love” in support of the LGBT community of Orlando, Fla.

* TMZ and TMZ Live have been renewed through the 2019-20 season on Fox Television Stations, per Deadline.

1. wgsecretary says:

Not cool CW! NOT COOL! I watch almost all of the CW shows and I don’t have cable. Streaming through their website on my laptop is not ideal since I’d rather stream to my Smart TV on Hulu!

• Marcie says:

Get an HDMI cable on amazon for about $3 and connect your computer to your TV. Voila! Netflix and other streaming on TV

• wgsecretary says:

I have an HDMI cable. I used it some before I got my smart tv, but I didn’t like it. I tend to work or browse online while the TV is on. I have a Smart TV and already can stream Netflix and Hulu and other things directly on the TV. It’s the main reason I broke down and got a Smart TV. I didn’t like having to use the cable. I could do it of course, but it’s the principle of the matter. I’m paying for HULU and now I won’t be able to watch most of the shows I follow on Hulu. If The CW would improve their app and make it available to devices like Roku and Smart TVs, then it wouldn’t be as big of a deal. But, as far as I know, they only have their website and an app for mobile devices. Of course, I could figure something out. But, it’s annoying to have to. Entering the deal with Netflix shouldn’t mean that Hulu has to end.

2. rahajicho says:

The only reason I got a Hulu account is beacuse the CW app and website are Terrible. The video always crashes and when you try to skip to where you left off, it forces you to rewatch all of the commercials.

3. JC1 says:

I am not happy about Hulu not having CW shows anymore. I watch everything streaming, and CW’s player is awful. :( Or it was last I used it – I watch everything I can on Hulu these days. I really hope they’ve fixed some of the problems with it.

4. AJ says:

agree with everyone else… CW streaming site sucks. My local cable doesn’t even broadcast CW in HD. It was main reason I got Hulu Plus. Hope CW improves their streaming.

5. Chaosrainz says:

The CW app is awful. Without Hulu, I may not be able to watch. 😢
    This is going to seriously affect my viewing during the season. If I have to wait until it the season ends to watch, I may just forget it.

6. Reba42 says:

I’d be a grump about the CW thing, but 1/2 a season behind on iZombie, so I guess VOD it is.

7. herman1959 says:

I’m in agreement, the CW breaking up with hulu is going to be BAD. I don’t see myself available to watch 4 Berlanti shows (Supergirl,The Flash, Arrow, and Legends) live at 8 PM every week. Plus, when they did that time travel thing, it was good to know that I could watch an episode again on hulu if I hadn’t gotten it all the first time. I will make sure to see Supergirl and The Flash, but I’ll only catch the other two shows during crossover week.

8. Emor says:

My question is why is the CW app the ONLY broadcast one without chromecast ability?? CBS can, and they own half of CW. What gives????

9. Megs says:

CW not realizing that millennials for sure subscribe to commercial free Hulu… But also know how to illegally download.

10. Mac says:

I’m alright with the CW/Hulu break-up.The potential new Netlflix deal is still much better than the reports we were getting earlier this year that they were going to pull their content from all streaming sites in favor of forming their own.

11. I just calculated that I will waste about 60 hours of my life on commercials next season watching my nine CW shows on VOD instead of Hulu Plus no commercials. And Frequency and No Tomorrow just dropped to the bottom of my new shows to try out list.