Fall TV Preview
The CW Fall Premiere Dates

The CW Fall Premiere Dates: Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, TVD and More

The CW is the third broadcaster to announce its Fall TV premiere plan (following NBC and Fox), and The Flash is first out of the gate on Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 8/7c, leading into the launch of new dramedy No Tomorrow. As if the post-Flash timeslot didn’t already guarantee No Tomorrow a generous sampling, the network will encore the pilot after the Season 2 premiere of Supergirl on Oct. 10 (bumping the return of Jane the Virgin until Oct. 17).

The CW’s new Vampire Diaries/Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Friday combo, meanwhile, rounds out the network’s fall rollout on Oct. 21.All told, The CW’s premiere dates look like this; new shows in CAPS.

Tuesday, Oct. 4
8 pm The Flash
9 pm NO TOMORROW

Wednesday, Oct. 5
8 pm Arrow
9 pm FREQUENCY

Thursday, Oct. 6
8 pm iHeartRadio Music Festival — Night 1

Friday, Oct. 7
8 pm iHeartRadio Music Festival — Night 2

Monday, Oct. 10
8 pm Supergirl
9 pm No Tomorrow (special encore)

Thursday, Oct. 13
8 pm DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
9 pm Supernatural

Monday, Oct. 17
9 pm Jane the Virgin

Friday, Oct. 21
8 pm The Vampire Diaries
9 pm Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

On tap for midseason: Returning series The Originals, iZombie, The 100 and Reign, as well as new entry Riverdale.

1. Ash says:

Will Legends of Tomorrow still be a limited series of 13-16 episodes like its first or will it have a full episode order? A little thrown off by it premiering during the fall instead of winter.

• John036 says:

I think Berlanti said in an interview that Legends won’t get a full season because of how expensive it is to produce. I expect fifteen/sixteen episodes similar to last year.

2. Isaac Sarton says:

It’s good to see them start off with Flash since that finale had more of an impact and could show how Supergirl might fit in.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Can’t wait to see the Fall calendar to see where all my shows end up. That’s like my bible :-)

4. Carol C says:

Darn, I have to wait so long for my iZombie fix! At least Jane is back sooner.

5. Courtney Smith says:

October 17 for Jane the Virgin…so far :(

6. Gerald says:

Supernatural on the move again. Not loving the Legends as a lead in. But I will manage. Looking forward to iZombie later in the year.

7. Phun says:

Great news! October 10 for Supergirl! Yeah!! Much better than waiting until October 26, when it premiered in 2015.

• Kevin In CT says:

I’m just happy it got renewed, I’m not really a big fan of the comic book TV & movie stuff but I really like this show. Really enjoy all of the characters.

8. Carla Krae says:

Still mad about The Originals delay.

9. Goldenvibefan says:

Yay, don’t have to wait long for Frequency!! Excited for more Peyton on my tv screen :D

10. Annie says:

I would be mad about the 100 premiere date being so far off again but maybe if there’s a long hiatus the petty and spiteful people who threatened to leave the fandom will actually leave us and we can have some peace…

11. Bill says:

Did anyone ever say if Legends is a full season or 16 like this season

• johnhelvete says:

Hopefully at TCAs in July Pedowitz will unveil how The CW plans to get all 15 series on the air and also the number of episodes, LOT is not the only show that is a question mark when it comes to number of episodes.

• jimmy woo says:

It was only half a season last year because, it started mid-season.

• Sarah says:

Or, it started mid-season because they only filmed half a season’s worth of episodes.

• John036 says:

Or they were given a half of season order because how expensive it is. Google it, it’s not a secret that LoT is a very expensive series for the CW

• Vince says:

Oh expensive Supergirl got 22 episode order. Stop with this BS!

• Jake says:

Or, they were given a half-season order because no one could predict how well it would do.

• John036 says:

When was it confirmed that Supergirl got 22 episodes? The first season only got 20 episodes, and that was a combination of underwhelming ratings and high production costs. The show (LoT) is expensive for the CW, numerous sites have stated this (there was even a rumor that the show wouldn’t get a second season because of how expensive it is to produce). And they didn’t know how well the show would be? Lol, c’mon dude. The show used already established characters in the channel’s highest rating franchise. Legends of Tomorrow was guaranteed to at least have high ratings for the first couple of episodes. If they weren’t so sure how the show would do, then why did it get 16 episodes ordered, and not the usual 13 episodes like other first season midseason show (iZombie, The 100) on the CW?

• Vince says:

Supergirl’s filming dates are on Vancouver’s filming commission’s site. Filming from July 25th to April 26th, 2017. It’s 22. Could even get stretched to 23 if it gets Flash-like ratings on CW.
            Legends got 16 because it was a midseason show. Had it been ready for Fall, it would’ve been 22. 4 casts are gone. It’s cheaper now.

12. Brigid says:

FINALLY! Something good on Thursday nights!!! I’m so happy Supernatural and Legends are on Thursdays, as I had nothing to watch on that night until mid season last year.

• Eva Veverka says:

I am just bummed that I have to wait until late October.

I think LoT is a better fit for Supernatural because I watch them both; True story: when I dvr I get the last few minutes of the show before so I would get a few minutes of Arrow. He was sitting there and I was doing something and he watched the last few minutes of Arrow and turned to me and said, Don’t even try to sneak this one into our viewing schedule. He was serious. We weren’t watching Arrow and now we won’t (he thought the acting was really off the wall. And we both LIKE John Barrowman.)

I don’t know how LoT will fare without “Snark, defiler of ATMs” in the cast. He was just a well-written, well-acted character.

• Eva Veverka says:

BTW, the HE is my husband. I don’t know ‘why’ I think I am famous enough so everybody would know that.

Husband thought Arrow had a stupid premise and he just ragged on the acting. All for three minutes of end-of-show palaver/premise. He was very definite on that.

13. October is going to be a good month for comic geeks and yay SUPERNATURAL season 12

14. Shaun says:

October premieres?!Bleh!Even Fox and ABC beginning in Sept I think.

• CW has started thier season in Oct for 3-4 years now to limit breaks and avoid getting lost in other network premires.Pedowitz said that when they started in early Sept,people left to check out other networks premires.

• Eva Veverka says:

That actually makes sense to me.

• Angelique Cleveland says:

I agree with you Brandy and Eva! And on the flip side, if someone has started watching a September-premier show on any other network (whether it’s new, or maybe just new-to-them), and they just can’t get into it, then just a few weeks later, here comes the CW line-up. Headlining older fan-favorites, and a whole slue of comic book heroes, way too tempting to pass up.

Just my opinion, but I think Pedowitz has done an amazing job so far, and you can really see how the CW is growing/changing under his supervision. Personally, I much rather wait a few more weeks for SHOW (Supernatural – Season 12, Baby! – My OneTrueLove! ;p) to premier, than to have to wait 6-8 weeks in-between airings during winter and spring hiatus (Hellatus!)… :D

• They’ve donee this for 3-4 seasons now to limit breaks and stop people from leaving to check out other networks premires

15. Johnny says:

…AND, CBS is making everyone pay to catch up on the first season…without any plans to release it (w/o paying) on Netflix, Amazon or Hulu.

• Jake M. says:

I bought it through xbox, I don’t regret it. I wasn’t able to watch past episode 8 when it aired, but I marathon’d it last week and enjoyed the series. Hopefully the move to the CW will help iron out some of the issues I had with it though. I’m happy they got the rights to actually cast a superman. One of my biggest complaints with season 1 was how they kept referencing him but couldn’t show him.

16. Rendezvous says:

I think i acutally might be done with arrow this time around…

17. Bufford Gordon says:

It’s a shame Tom Welling wasn’t chosen to play Superman on “Supergirl.” He is older than the actor they chose. Tom still has his looks but with wisps of gray hair…but ya know…since the Batman vs Superman movie featured an older Batman, Tom wouldn’t be a bad choice for Bruce Wayne.

18. Joey Padron says:

Excited for new seasons of The Flash, Arrow, LOT, and Supergirl.

19. alistaircrane says:

Does anyone know which Canadian network will be airing No Tomorrow? We don’t get the CW here. Thanks!

20. is Supergirl the 10th or the 17th? I read somewhere else they were staggering the superhero shows over three weeks.

21. John036 says:

Lol I got to love how they have to do encores of No Tomorrow because it looks so bad.
    If The CW gives full season orders to their new shows, iZombie, The 100, and Riverdale (which numerous sites say is great, and they’re holding it to midsession is ridiculous to me). Crazy Ex will probably only get 13 episodes (and its airing in the fall because then it’ll be fresher on Golden Globes voters minds) and the Originals will take over in Jan/Feb. Reign will probably get a similar run to Containment.

22. Carrie says:

It’s gonna be a long wait until October for new “Flash,” “Supergirl” and “Supernatural,” and an even longer wait for “iZombie.” *sigh*

23. mc says:

The Jane + Crazy Ex and TVD + Originals pairings still made more sense than this lineup. I don’t know.

• John036 says:

Right!? I think they should’ve paired Supergirl with The Flash, and kept Crazy Ex on Mondays (still keeping the highly probably smaller episode count, as I expect 13 episodes this season), or even put No Tomorrow following Jane the Virgin, and save Crazy Ex for midseason (although, like I stated earlier on this thread they are probably airing Crazy Ex in the fall because then it’ll be fresher for the Golden Globes).
      The one thing I just can’t get over, is putting Riverdale in midseason when it takes place in the fall. I hate when shows are like that.

24. Michelle says:

It’s too bad Arrow is still on. IZombie should take its place

25. Andi Nichols says:

I am astonished that they are not promoting the fact that Supernatural the longest running show -is better than ever- The guys are great- and the acting has gotten even better- They have the longest fan base I am sure- The show is so good- and the fans are so into the series- Please acknowledge the series- and give credit where credit is due- please and thank you

• Eva Veverka says:

They did not have any Supernatural scenes in the CW’s Watch our Fall shows commercial and that ticked me off.
      I think that THEY think that the SPN fans will always find it.
      I just wish they would have three arcs (kind of like Walking Dead has two): 2 sets of 8 episodes and 1 7-episode to finish the year out because every year the breaks for Christmas and Easter get harder and harder to take.
      They manage to leave us on a ‘tense’ note for the Christmas hiatus so why not another arc of 8 episodes with time off?
      Anybody else think that’s a good idea?

26. mary gagnon says:

Dish has not been able to get back the channel cw(9) for months in my area! I don’t want to miss my shows this fall! Is there going to be a different channel added if the company cant recover this channel?

27. Art Carney says:

I find myself watching a lot of youtube these days. Old show and home made shows are often better than the crap we having to put up with these days

28. Amira Mearns says:

Guess I’m not watching this channel until mid season.

29. jahdia says:

OMG I CANNOT WAIT FOR ALL THE SHOWS BUT ECSPECIALLY IZOMBIE , JANE THE VIRGIN, SUPERNATURAL, AND THE FLASH BUT DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE ALL THE SHOWS.IM SAD I HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY IZOMBIE BUT I BET IT IS GOING TO BE WORTH IT.

30. Dorina Babineaux says:

Why did the CW leave Hulu, that is the only way I can watch all the CW shows. I have satelite and they don’t offer the CW network.

31. Ashley says:

Reign is the best show ever it has everything drama,romance,and fear…… I honestly can’t wait until season 4 is on I love that show

32. leon says: