Orphan Black Renewed Season 5 Final Episodes

Orphan Black Renewed for Fifth and Final Season by BBC America

The culmination of Clone Club is on the calendar: Orphan Black will end after an upcoming fifth season, BBC America announced Thursday.

The 10-episode Season 5 will air sometime in 2017.

“We are excited to deliver an epic conclusion to the tale of Sarah and her clone sisters,” co-creators John Fawcett and Graeme Manson said via statement. “The past four seasons have been a phenomenal adventure, and we are eternally grateful to our loyal fans who have loved the twists and thrills of our weird little show. We are thankful to our partners at Temple Street, and to BBC AMERICA and Space for their support and giving us the opportunity to end on a high.”

Sarah Barnett, president of BBC America, added: “Orphan Black is a thrilling, genre-bending ride that has captured our fans’ imaginations and hearts like no other show. Our genius team of actors, writers and producers have, time after time, taken us to a place of awe, delight and utter shock and surprise. Tatiana [Maslany] has been and continues to be a complete revelation, hers is one of the most remarkable performances on television, and she is joined by an extraordinary cast. We can’t wait to take our incredibly passionate audience on one final gobsmacking clone adventure.”

Season 4’s finale will air tonight at 10/9c.

Have thoughts on Orphan Black‘s upcoming end? Hit the comments, sestras!

1. Sarah says:

I truly feel Tatiana Maslany has delivered a performance of a lifetime. It’s going to go down as a classic.

While I’m sad to see it go, i think 5 seasons is the perfect amount.
    And i want to see Tatiana Maslany EVERYWHERE after this ends. What a talent.

• Drew says:

Tat really should have a couple of Emmy awards by now. It’s sad she’s been overlooked for the first couple of seasons but I was happy to see she was finally nominated. Now she just needs to take one home!

• canadian ninja says:

Emmy awards are for the dying television establishment. If they gave one to Tatiana it would only be them grasping for relevance.

Not winning an Emmy puts her in just fine company. Her performances remain the same – brilliant fun either way.

• Ugonna Wosu says:

I agree with your last sentence. I was saying to myself that now she can take on more roles! I’m excited for that!

2. Cris says:

What !!!! omg omg :(

3. sam says:

I’m so glad to hear this, it’s nice it can have a final season to get the story told instead of dragging stuff out for seasons and seasons. Let’s hope it can compare to this current season!

4. Ron says:

I’m conflicted about this news. Orphan Black has continued to be excellent (and I have no reason to believe next season won’t), and I’m all for shows going out on a high note. HOWEVER, I just love this show so much, and I’m not sure I can only handle having 11 more episodes (counting tonight’s season finale) of it. So, I mean, I want it to go out on a high note, but I also want it to stay around because I can’t get enough…

5. Ian says:

I’m actually overjoyed with the fact they have the restraint to end the show on a strong five seasons and to not have it try and push it. Should be a satisfying conclusion.

6. abz says:

Damn, a lot of shows seem to be ending nowadays after five season: Bates Motel, Person of Interest, Breaking Bad, Orphan Black and I’m sure there are more. At least it will end on a high hopefully and they’ll have time to write a proper final season.

7. What are the chances Maslany will finally win an Emmy or GG for her amazing work as multiple yet distinct characters? Award shows have lost credibility with me when they continue to ignore and overlook performances like this. It’s like BSG all over again…

8. They announced a couple years ago they’d be stopping at five seasons, that they’d already had it all planned out. It’s not really surprising, though I’d secretly hoped they’d change their minds. Series of a lifetime <3

9. David4 says:

The creators for years said they had a 5 year plan. After the ‘bleh’ season 3 i was really starting to question if they did. I haven’t seen season 4 yet but I fear it suffers from the same issue as 3, too grand and too small of a story at the same time. But they stopped taking risks and that is a shame.

10. Me says:

Oh nooooooooooo! I don’t want Orphan Black to end. EVER!!

11. Love the show, especially the first season, but I am totally ok with it ending at 5 seasons. The best shows know when they should end. I trust the writers.

12. Luis says:

Say it ain’t so!!!

13. Nicole says:

I’m nervous about only one more season. Can they tie everything up in only 10 more episodes? I’m sure the season 4 finale will include a big cliffhanger as usual. I really hope we get some answers about Kiera by the end. Why does she always know things?

14. Thank God!

Now I only have one more year of, “No Tatiana, no watchy..” comments when the Emmy nominations come out.

15. Tatiana Maslany has delivered a performance of her lifetime she is truly remarkable to see her play all her clone sisters. I’m truly glad that the show producers and Network came to a decision to end the show after 5 lovely years.

16. Television says:

NOOOO don’t ever end this show! It is a great story line and never ending on the different clones they could introduce. Helena is the best.

17. Cas says:

So sad. But glad I discovered this gem.

18. leo says:

NOO!!! OMG, this world is crazy. We have so many detective shows, and this fresh, unique show is only getting 5 seasons? Unbelievable!

19. Drew says:

I’m so happy the show will get a planned ending. There’s nothing I hate more about a TV series that I love for it to stay too long or be canceled without the showrunners being able to plan a proper conclusion. So happy we get another year.

20. Squirrelly says:

I’m bummed that it’s ending, but relieved that this means it won’t get dragged out to weird levels. I mean, the big bad of the seasons just get bigger and bigger. What’d they do if they dragged it out too long? Neolution being a stepping stone for aliens? Those worms were actually a new kind of Xenomorph?!

21. jenna says:

happy for the renewal but sad the show will be coming to an end :(

22. CJ says:

I’m simultaneously disappointed and relieved. I will be sad to lose this show, but having a definitive ending to such a wonderful show is great news. I would hate to see such an incredible show drag on for too long like so many others have done. Plus, I’d imagine Tatiana is exhausted and has a million other opportunities she’s itching to take advantage of, and I can’t wait to see what she does next.

23. mary says:

UGH!! It’s bad enough that we have to wait so long. Now most of my tv shows are in their endgame. I feel like I’m in my endgame.

24. Babygate says:

Very relieved to get closure. After the abysmal ratings this season I was concerned that it would get cancelled. This season has been stellar. Too bad that the introduction of the Castor clones in S3 derailed the focus and direction of the show. And the disastrous change of schedule to Thursdays didn’t help matters.

• Babygate says:

Should add, all the awards to Tatiany. Truly. She’s the only reason to watch. Especially when the storylines go off the rails. But just to see her versatility is a delight.

25. Lysh says:

I love when TV shows can end on their own time. I’ll be sad to see it go, but I’m so happy to have been along for the ride. Tatiana blows me away every week! I can’t wait to see what she does afterward.

26. Tybois says:

I am majorly bummed that the show is ending, but I’m glad they are going out on a high note like the recently departed Banshee. I agree with everyone here, give Tatiana an Emmy or a Golden Globe already! :)

27. webly3 says:

I’m pretty sure I read a few years ago that this show was only meant to be a five-year show. So, I’m very happy that Orphan Black will end at the right time.

28. NO NO NO!!! At least 5 more seasons…COME ON NETFLICKS pick it up.. Maybe combine with Orange is the new black… Black and Orange..

29. redjane12 says:

As a fan of Orphan Black, I’d love more than 5 seasons but already thankful for what we got so far. Also, with this level of notice, the producers and writers can focus on a final season that delivers a satisfying conclusion. Hope Maslany gets the awards she deserves for her incredible performance… I often find myself forgetting it is one actress and just see the various characters as individuals… Extraordinary work!

• Jayne says:

I love the fact that while watching the episode I’m so engrossed by the characters and script that I forget the clones are all played by Tatiana & Ari. It’s only later, and often when recommending the show to friends, that the full impact of how amazing Tatiana is sinks in. She is an incredible talent!

30. A fan of TV says:

As a Canadian, it makes me happy that this show has launched international careers for so many incredible homegrown talents, especially Tatiana Maslany, who in my opinion is a superstar. Always better to go out on a high note, especially so stars like Jordan Gavaris and Kristian Bruun can strike while the iron’s hot, so to speak. Also grateful that such a bonkers concept was so well-executed (save for some meandering in s3), and can’t wait to see how it all goes down in the OB universe, and where the actors wind up next!

31. jazzyt2u says:

Depending on how they end it I think they should do a spin off with one or two of the characters… Plus Felix especially if the spin off character is Allison.

32. Pamela says:

Sad to see it go but BBC shows usually don’t have a long run so I’m not surprised.

33. Jeanna says:

I hate that it has to end, but it’s a classy move to wrap up the show as a complete five season ‘experience.’ Hopefully Tatiana Maslany will finally earn a much deserved Emmy or GG. What ever she does next, I’m in! I think I’ll miss you the most, Helena!

34. Ugonna Wosu says:

I feel they need at least a 6th season before ending it . I feel like they could tell more story. Oh well. If they’re ready, I’ll miss them.

35. TvLover says:

Somewhat sad, but also relieved that the showrunners knew when they wanted the show to end and it’s good that they’ll get to end it on their terms.
    Also, I hope that Orphan Black will help further Tatiana Maslany’s career and let her move on to other amazing projects in the future wether it be film or television I will be waiting to see what she does next.

36. ScottJ says:

Pleased about this. The show is pretty much running out of plot already, even after revisiting the past.

37. Geoff Gentry says:

Grateful they are walking out the plan they had for 5 solid seasons. But can we PLEASE move it back to Saturday nights so cloneclub can tweet together like we did for Seasons 1-3?

38. anne says:

Please don’t end orphan black..there are still so many stories to tell..I read that there will be a season 5 BUT surly you can go beyond ..I guess I just cannot believe it will end..heart broken..best show in such a long time..well done everyone involved x

39. Doug says:

Season 4 was a return to form.Hopefully the story can be wrapped up in Season 5.Kinda sad to see Bates Motel and Orphan Black ending.Vera Farmiga and Tatiana Maslany are so good.

40. Annie says:

Why is it ending so early? We just fell in love with the story, the characters/ the cast and the talented writers who created this fantastic enchanted little world of clones. I think its premature to end such a successful TV series. I hope you change your mind or at least do an off-shoot series with the same cast/characters and writers. Thanks.

41. John says:

I don’t understand a peaking show ending so quickly. The are awful shows on television getting renewed. I think this have more to do with budget and ratings. Orphan Black ratings have decreased by DVR ratings are through the roof. I wish a larger cable network would pick the show up rather than cancelling after one season. Sick of shows with bad acting, same plots, and predictable ending being renewed while excellent shows end.

42. Cassandra says:

Wow that’s stupid it’s a great show why cancel it.. this show was the only reason I watched your network I didn’t even know of your network until someone told me about this show now that this show is over I will never watch your network again

43. J says:

I thought this show was brilliant can’t believe i have to wait until 2017 to see the last series.

44. Benita says:

This is heartbreaking news. Although I’m happy the show can end on a good note. I am truly going to miss this excitement. Good luck to the entire cast and crew. Tatiana, you’re a jewel! Hope to see you in many more shows. Perhaps movies!

45. Linda Rapp says:

she is awesome love watching this series i hope final show has peace for the sisters

46. kelvin sibande says:

Actualy has been an exciting show.wish it continued

47. Brittan says:

I don’t want orphan black to ever end!!! It’s our favorite show!!!!

48. Royal says:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS SHOW AWAY ! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT ! THIS SHOW CAN GO SO FAR !! PLEASE KEEP WRITING TO KEEP THIS STORY GOING !

49. Luzz says:

Can’t wait for more Orphan Black , bring on season 5 😄😄😄

50. Lois says:

I really love the show and Tatiana is a wonderful actress. She plays all of her characters so well and they are all so unique and interesting. I will miss the show so much. I also hope to see her in many different roles. She is a cut above the rest.