Girl Meets World Recap

Does Supergirl Need Superman? Is There Nashville Fat to Trim? Your Final Rizzoli Wishes? And More TV Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Girl Meets World, Supergirl, UnREAL and The Americans!

1 | We get that it was meant to reflect a big change in the characters’ lives, but could Girl Meets World have made high school seem any more terrifying or depressing? (It ain’t prison, people!) And how did the seniors get Riley’s home address to pay her a visit at the bay window?

2 | Which was grosser — Outcast‘s possessed Joshua licking cockroach guts off his bedroom wall or chewing off his own finger?

3 | Could this week’s Outlander have done with one less battle training montage? And how did none of Jamie’s black warpaint get on Claire’s face when they kissed at the end of the episode?

4 | Who else wants Game of Thrones‘ Lyanna Mornont to join Jon and Sansa on the road? (So young, yet so awesome!)

5 | Is it frustrating or fascinating that Preacher has yet to tell us who (or what) the guys chasing the entity inside of Jesse are? Or is it moot, because Google?Penny Dreadful

6 | Is anyone not hoping that, as a reader suggested, Penny Dreadful is only sending the hilarious Mr. Lyle to Egypt as a precursor to the introduction of the Mummy? On an unrelated note: Is Ethan ever going to find out that his late love Brona has been resurrected as Lily?

7 | Did you almost want to slap Game of Silence’s Gil when he set down his gun after cornering the warden? (And wasn’t it refreshing that doing so didn’t come back to bite him in the ass?) And given the finale’s final twist, wouldn’t Season 2 — especially Jackson’s mindset — have been rather dark?

8 | As “exciting” as the idea of Supergirl casting Superman is, doesn’t the idea “fly” against everything the DC movie/TV segregation has forced us to accept for the past 15 years? Or did the eventually coexisting Flash movie/series pave the way for a small-screen Supes?

9 | Isn’t it telling that So You Think You Can Dance‘s puking contestant has made more news for the Fox competition series this season than any of the actual auditions have?

10 | Considering the show’s title, was it a little ironic that everyone on Mistresses acted like a pre-wedding one night stand (that was approved by the fiancé) was the end of the world?tvqs-unreal

11 | Why was UnREAL‘s Jay so shocked by what was happening behind the scenes at Everlasting? He was there last season, wasn’t he? Or did he just not expect Rachel to be such a little Quinn? And do you think Rachel still lives out of that truck?

12 | Admit it, Rizzoli & Isles fans — you’re gonna miss Annabeth Gish as unhinged Alice Sands, right? Also, what are your wishes for the show/characters as this final season unfolds?

13 | Can CBS please greenlight a 30-minute Broadway Carpool Karaoke series and slot it behind The Big Bang Theory this fall?

14 | Is there any way The Bachelorette does not end with Jordan Rodgers winning and Chad storming in and punching him right before the proposal?

15 | Was Person of Interest revealing another “team” all kinds of cool (as well as logical), or did it only add to the frustration that the series is very much ending? Also, was the Secret Service response kind of slow (and puny) after POTUS was shot at? (Besides, would the president really have kept an outdoor speaking engagement after almost being bombed the night before?)

16 | Did seeing The Mindy Project return to the doc’s alma matter, Princeton, make anyone else want a flashback episode with college-aged Mindy dropping her one-liners at bars and frat parties?

17 | Could someone please get Feed the Beast‘s endlessly sniffling Dion a tissue? And while we know it’s the show’s conceit that the guys are opening their restaurant in the Bronx, would anyone not viewing the business as a future tax write-off really plan to open it in that abandoned warehouse district next to a grimy bridge?

18 | Given how The Americans Recapthe final scene of The Americans played out, did anyone the tiniest bit wonder if it would be revealed that Stan had “recruited” his son to spy on the Jenningses? And did you recognize Philip’s son Mischa as Orphan Black drug dealer Ramone?

19 | Is Wayward Pines planning to kill off a Season 1 fave every damn week? That said, was it better to have one episode of Melissa Leo’s Nurse Pam than to have no Nurse Pam at all?

20 | What’s the point of American Ninja Warrior’s assorted Skip Across Wobbly Objects obstacles if every player breezes right through them? And of the new tasks, Pipefitter is pretty goofy, right?

21 | What did Stephen Colbert do to piss off David Letterman?

22 | What was Lip Sync Battle guest Cindy Crawford wearing (or not) in the bathtub that demanded cable-TV pixelation? And at some point, did this show become a lot less about accurate lip-syncing and more about costuming/props?

24 | Setting politics aside, did The Tonight Show‘s Jimmy Fallon — who hasn’t exactly been lauded for his interview skills over the years — conduct his best interview ever with President Barack Obama?

FullSizeRender25 | If Nashville does have to trim its cast for the jump to CMT, which characters would you sacrifice?

26 | We get that your Dyson vacuum cleaner is handsome and all, but really? Hanging it up in the middle of your mod living room?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. With Geoff Johns taking a leadership role at WB’s DC movie department hopefully all this “it has to be separate” bullsugar is over. As superhero fans we’ve already accepted the fact, HUNDREDS of times, that there are multiple versions of all these characters. We’re not stupid. We’re not going to be confused. They just rebooted Batman 3 weeks after the last movies ended. Nobody said “hey, where’s Christian Bale’s mole at???”

2. TVFan says:

Unload the kids and Layla on Nashville.

• Sarah says:

I second that idea!

• Jennifer says:

And Frankie. And Autumn. Please.

• Candace says:

I haven’t finished watching last season,but yes please dump Layla and Maddie! I also wouldn’t care much if Luke didn’t make the cut either.

• iHeart says:

so you want Cadence to go too?

• Moxie says:

For Nashville, get rid of Autumn, Layla, Cash and her father. Maddie and Daphne are fine on their own. Maddie wasn’t nearly so bratty before Cash came around. Hopefully she has learned her lesson.

• mary says:

On Nashville, get rid of Cash, her father, Autumn, Layla and Luke’s son Colt? Keep Maddie and Daphne but more in the background and more normal story lines. Not all teenagers are unbearable! Keep Luke, and of course our central characters. Plus get back to more singing!! Really missed that last season.

• H says:

I demand a whole season of Layla and Maddie on a roadtrip.

• Celina says:

Although I’ve hated this Maddie storyline and all, I like the Stellas sisters and their songs. Aubrey has amazing songs too. For that reason, I want them back. I wish they give him better stories

• Kristen says:

Maybe just some of the secondary characters such as Frankie, Autumn and Cash to do but I would like to see all the main characters stay. I’d imagine those guests characters wouldn’t be coming back anyway as there stories were concluded. I actually don’t mind Colt as I thought towards the end of his stint he was a positive influence on Maddie.

3. My wishes for Rizzoli and Isles are these:
    -explain where Tommy and his kid went. And Lt. Cavanaugh
    -Jane can somehow make it work with Casey

4. tallsy says:

4. Wasn’t Lyanna at the camp with Jon/Sansa? That’s where Sansa saw the raven.
    11. I don’t get why unReal changed Jay’s character.
    14. A Chad/Jordan brawl would be great for The Bachlorette. I could just see Alex trying to hold on to the bottom of Chad’s leg like a little kid.
    25. There’s a lot of chaff that needs to be separated from the wheat on Nashville.

• H says:

Jay didn’t change. He was appalled by Rachel’s behaviour because he thought she was better than Quinn, not worse.

5. Jennifer says:

OH GOD YES. PLEASE. Gods of TV & Broadway, make this happen!!!!

6. tb120 says:

#25 Layla, the teens & Layla. I can’t say Layla enough. Maybe Luke. Get rid of Deacon’s bar and that whole scene.

• MissEllys says:

I NEED the show to send the kids off to boarding school or something. Maddie is my least favorite character on all of TV.

• drhenning says:

yeh… but Deacon knocked some sense into her finally so it looks like it’ll be back to normal for her singing with sis and maybe mom.. you would have to fire both sisters since they are a team and part of main story of Nashville is Rayna’s role as a mother.

7. Elizabeth says:

25. Keep Rayna, Deacon, Juliette, Avery, Scarlett, and Gunnar as regulars; cut Will, Luke, Maddie and Daphne to recurring rolls; and get rid of Layla and Cash.

8. Gail says:

My guess is more characters on Nashville will disappear for several episodes like Will has already done when the show was on ABC. Kids will decide to go to music camp. Scarlet and Gunner will be on tour off camera etc.

9. Bwhit says:

25) If cuts are being made… Layla, Luke and I think it goes without saying but I’m going to, Cash and Frankie. Change Will and the girls to recurring. I would choose any of that over losing Rayna, Deacon, Avery, Juliette, Gunnar and Scarlett. Gunnar and Scarlett’s music is by far my favorite on the show, I have most of their duets in my collection, plus I just love them being there so I hope they aren’t considering cutting either one.

10. Betty says:

Thank you for asking the Dyson question, that irritates me too .LOL!

11. powerturtle90sdudemon says:

How did the seniors get Riley’s address? School directory

12. Luis says:

8. “Supergirl” without an appearance by Superman was being obtuse. I give WB credit for acknowledging the need to bring Supes to the TV screen. I’d love to see Tom Welling do it, but there are a number of qualified actors who could fill the tights.
    12. Annabeth Gish was more than a little creepy as Alice – those dead eye stares she’d given Angie Harmon gave me the willies.I was afraid they were going to pull a twist where the kid Alice took hostage at the end turned out to be one of her followers, and accused Jane of killing Alice in cold blood. As for the rest of the season, i’d love to see Chris Vance come back as Casey, but having either Jane or Maura end up with a guy seems like a would be a betrayal of the series spirit.

• brkastle says:

12. I know Annabeth Gish was great! that was a real villain! as for the rest of the season I don’t know, I want to know what happens with them. Like where Tommy and the kid go? I love to see them all happy in a way. It’s gonna be sad for me to lose another great show this year…..

• kris says:

I thought she was very poor as a villain, the storyline was ridiculous, she was jealous of Jane, because Jane was better at the academy?????? Just stupid. I thought the guy who played Hoyt in the earlier seasons was far superior.

• Whatevah says:

The reason she was the villain was the stupidest reason. I really thought it was going to be that kid in the beginning of the season that killed his doctor and was going to kill his mom? He would have made a great bad guy. Trying to one up Jane would have been a better reason than you were better than me at the academy. This show sometimes..I’m still going to miss it though

• Shona says:

I was thinking that too!! Glad I’m not the only one.

• Jeri says:

I thought the
        Annabelle Gish storyline went on way to long. I don’t care for her.

13. Claire says:

#25. Get rid of Layla, Maddie, Cash, Frankie. Also, if we’re not going to have Will do more than be a gay country singer, get rid of him, too. I love Chris Carmack but Will’s whole storyline is being gay, to the point that he barely gets to be a character. If they’re not going to write him properly on CMT, I’d rather he go now and ride off into the sunset with Kevin.

• tvlover44 says:

with the new showrunners – the guys who did ‘thirtysomething’, ‘my so-called life’ and ‘once & again’ – i think it’s likely they’ll flesh out his storyline more, or at least give this angle more depth. i’m excited to see what they bring to the show – if it’s anything like their previous shows, i will love it (i’ve enjoyed ‘nashville’ as a soapy, ‘guilty pleasure’ kind of show but will enjoy it even more with improved writing and more grounding to balance the melodrama).

14. KIC says:

Re: Nashville Cash, Frankie, Layla. Luke needs an even bigger presence IMO. I wish they’d get back to the Juliette/Rayna semi-feud semi-friendship it started with. Re: Supergirl, I don’t know about industry background but I find it odd we don’t even ever see Clark in a family gathering since he’s all she’s got and also, IMO seeing him work as EQUAL with her does more than just avoiding him.

15. Marco says:

11. I think he thought that Rachel would make things better at the helm of Everlasting, and was shocked that she became like Quinn.
    25. Maddie, Cash, Layla…

16. kchuplis says:

Why all the Luke hate? IMO he kind of took over as Rayna 2.0 as “mentor” while she’s having issues. I wasn’t nuts about him at first but I really like him. I wish they could get Laura Benotti back.

• Bwhit says:

I don’t hate him and agree that in the ladder half of the season, his determination to help Will was some of his best stuff. It’s just that If it is between him and an original cast member, I’m sorry, I vote for him to go.

• Bernie says:

I totally agree. Somehow Luke went from a character I could barely stand, to one of my favourites.

• I don’t hate him, but if some of the main characters have to be cut, I’d cut him over everyone else except Layla (not including minor characters like Cash, Frankie, Autumn, etc). He’s not in a romance with any of the other characters, he’s not related to any of them, he can easily go off screen to live his life and it wouldn’t make much difference in the scheme of the show.

17. TVFan says:

10) She told Joss that her fiance approved of the state-side fling, as long as she didn’t talk about it when she got home. What we learned later in the episode is that the fiance had had an affair and she just wanted to get back at him.

• Carm says:

Not just to get back at him. She said he approved of the affair because he thought it would make them even and then they could go on as before like nothing happened.

18. Danielle says:

1 – From Riley’s dad who teaches at the high School.
    25 – Maddie and Lyla

19. KLS says:

12. Yes, I’ll miss Annabell Gish, but like a lot of eps of R&I there were plot holes with that whole storyline. Future: Don’t make Isles’ head trauma last too long and stop making every episode a set up for the finale.
    15. POI is so much better than most other scripted shows. Team machine clearly missed Root/another gun in saving POTUS, but I like having Amy Acker being the machine’s voice. It’s like she never left. And yes, the B Team’s appearance seemed like a missed opportunity.
    19. Wayward Pines is running out of S1 characters. Kill Jason already. It’s running on fumes.

20. datdudemurphy says:

More than Superman, I think it’s a little shocking that all the Bat characters have been missing from tv pretty much since Adam West…..
    How much fun could a Batgirl appearance on Supergirl be?

• Osiris says:

There was the ill-fated Birds of Prey series that had Barbara Gordon as a main character and a fleeting glimpse of Catwoman and Batman in the title sequence. And there is Gotham with a lot of the Bat-villains, Selina Kyle, Penguin, Riddler, Harvey Dent, and a pre-Batman Bruce Wayne and pre-Comissionor Gordon

21. Wordsmith says:

16) Princeton doesn’t really have local bars or frat parties – we have “Eating Clubs,” which are sort of like Hogwarts Houses with a full taproom in the basement. Yes, it’s weird, but also awesome, and they should totally do flashbacks on Mindy Project.

22. iHeart says:

25: keep the girls, dump layla, I never want to see Cynthia Davis ever again, or Frankie and Cash, I don’t think Autumn Chase is necessary since they fired Gunnar and Scarlett

23. jj says:

Brandon Routh’s superman movie wa released while Smallville was on air. So it’s not the first time that there will be a big screen and small versions at the same time.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Smallville didn’t feature Superman until the very final scene of the series finale, five years after Superman Returns was in theaters and two years before Angry Man of Steel. —Mgmt.

• kaliber says:

Sure, that’s technically correct, but he was still Superman in all but name/costume. He was still Clark Kent, he was still doing all the Superman things except wearing the suit and (consistently) flying around and using the moniker.

• jj says:

As well as all of the other characters such Lois and Lex being in both versions at the same time.

• The Kaibosh says:

He never wore the costume and did not shoot any scene actually playing Superman. REAL Superman fans have not and will not ever consider Tom Welling to have played Superman.

• Pat says:

I actually liked Brandon Routh’s Superman. I would like to see him reprise it on Supergirl despite being the Atom on CW. I just hope they can keep Cat Grant, she is the real strength that Kara needs to get her through the day. Love the chemistry between the two two super woman of supergirl.

24. Kate says:

4. She did join them on the road, it was one of her ravens that Sansa borrowed to deliver her message. I do sort of suspect, if he does survive, they might just offer Rickon as her betrothed so there will be a longer loyalty between the houses and that her children will control both Bear Island but the whole of the North. Of course, I don’t think he survives.

8. I’m not super excited but it will be interesting because they have sort of painted him as much more human than Kara and that they have an odd dynamic because the more involved in her own powers she gets, the more she starts to think of him as her little cousin. Of course, we are all making a big thing out of this and you just know that they are all snickering and its baby Clark in the pod.

15. It was bittersweet. And I kind of hope that bittersweet is what George Martin means about the ending of GOT. This was very much, to me, the episode where they were like, hey CBS we can do that stuff too!

18. Honestly, no, because I had just been watching him on Bitten more recently. But, its good because from that, I was like, well, his accent is actually very Canadian. Ramone’s wasn’t, so, he can turn what I imagine is his natural Canadian into American fairly easily.

25. Lyn says:

#12 Hated that they went there with Frankie and Nina. Hope they give Jane a happy relationship by the end.

• Sarah says:

Frankie deserves a relationship–finally! And the actors had chemistry from the beginning, so I’m happy with the Franina pairing. Would also like to see Casey come back.

26. Rachel says:

Layla (though I wouldn’t mind seeing her reaction to Avery’s reunion with Juliette), Frankie, Cash, Autumn, Maddie’s attitude from last season, Scarlett’s hemp choker

27. Curly Girly says:

They should have left Wayward Pines as a limited event series and not brought it back for another season. This season is terrible. I’ve officially given up as of the last episode.

• KLS says:

+1. It was great as a limited, one season, Summer season. They got a great cast to commit for 10 eps and are killing them all off. Now they are trying to get blood out of a stone.

• herman1959 says:

I had dragged my feet, but I came back this week because of Melissa Leo, now she’s gone already. Good bye, Wayward Pine.

28. Everton says:

2. DEFINETLY the cockroach! The finger I was like “whatever”, but the cockroach I turned my head when I saw what was going to happen.

29. DIB says:

RE: Nashville – I might be the only person who enjoys Layla’s presence on Nashville. Her character is written very inconsistently — I still don’t think the show knows whether it wants us to like her or root against her — but she has a good voice and I think with more consistent characterization, she could have a lot to offer. Get her out of the Avery/Juliette drama and focus on her friendship with Will and her career.

30. Lauren says:

#25 – Please get rid of Leyla, Maddie, Cash, and Frankie. Maddie is the worst ever.

31. Sarah says:

1. From Cory or someone at Topanga’s, which they frequent
    4. She’s already there.. look closer. ;)

32. Katherine215 says:

How about a little 12 Monkeys love again, TVLine? My question: was Lullaby arguably the best episode of the series? YES. This show is one of the best on TV right now. It’s so freaking good every single week.

33. Desiree says:

As far as Nashville goes, if they have to get rid of characters I wouldn’t be overly upset to say goodbye to Will, Layla, Cash, Frankie, and Maddie unless they are going to have her character grow the heck up. I like Will, and I think that his storyline could’ve been good, but it took to long to go anywhere. If they can give him something else to do I would be all for him staying. Chris Carmack is great! Layla’s character is a train wreck, and not in a way that’s entertaining. It’s too bad because the actress actually has a nice voice. Cash and Frankie are useless characters. They were only introduced to throw a wrench into Deacon and Rayna’s family. They serve no other purpose whatsoever.

More than the characters that need to go are the drawn-out dud storylines. Rayna is supposed to be the head of a label…she’s got what? Three artists/groups, including herself? all of these different people just rolling in and out as her clients is ridiculous. Deacon deciding to go into business with his AA sponsor as the co-owner of a bar?! Yeah…that was never going to end well.

As someone who loves the show and the music, I am begging CMT to get back to what really makes this show great: focus more on the music and the core characters (Rayna and Deacon; Juliette and Avery; and Gunnar and Scarlett) and less on all the side stories that just cluttered up the landscape.

• grazelled says:

Great post and analysis of what’s wrong with Nashville. I agree with everything you wrote and hope the new show runners do exactly the things you mentioned. Get rid of the useless filler storylines along with those characters, focus on the core characters and the music.

• Sarah says:

If Nashville ends up having more music like earlier seasons (fingers crossed) and is on CMT, they’re should keep Luke and Will, since they’re the only artists doing more traditional country. I hope they don’t get rid of Will to placate the new network. I like the military aspect of Cole’s character and the actor is awesome, so I hope he stays. Also would like to see Bucky have more to do, so we learn more about the music industry.

I think Layla had potential post-Jeff, but they made her too crazy, so she should go. Maddie should be more background–she never attracted the younger audience I think they were going for. Agree that Autumn, Cash, Frankie, were unnecessary. Rayna/Deacon, Gunnar/Scarlett, Julliette/Avery are the core characters, but it should be more about the business and Nashville than the sudsy soap it became.

34. Steve says:

22.) I was under the impression that the Cindy Crawford pixelation was purposely done for effect, like it was from the George Michael video or something. It hadn’t occurred to me that they may have actually had to be censored. I must say Lip Sync battle has had its moments, but I still love the original tonight show lip sync battles so so so much better, despite the lack of wardrobe and props. I find myself watching the original Tonight Show battles on youtube all the time, unlike LSB’s. On a side not, Because LSB is airing out of order, is anyone else confused by the pregnant/ post pregnant Christy Teigen, it seems every other week it changes lol. For the record, this week she was still pregnant.

24. Speaking of the tonight show, I agree that Jimmy Fallon was the most ” game” I have seen him for an episode in a while. who ever would have thought, besides Lorne Michael’s, Fallon would be such a good fit in Late Night. It really makes me worry for Stephen Colbert

• Mommaknowsbest says:

Steve, you must’ve missed Crissy talking at the beginning about Baby Luna being upstairs in one of the VIP Rooms with John, her daddy. Apparently, last night’s episode was taped sometime in the past few weeks!

35. PatriciaLee says:

No, Supergirl does not need Superman. We used to read the comics and ignored his part of the story, happy with just what Supergirl did. In fact, I didn’t even remember he was in her comics, until I read the wikipedia description of the series, just now. They don’t need to change anything about how they started the series on network tv, as they move to cw.

• Vince says:

They to reboot it to skew male otherwise CW viewers will reject it. Don’t expect CBS viewers to follow it on CW. They didn’t with Unforgettable.

36. Boiler says:

My wish for R&I is that TNT realize how stupid they are and bring it back.

Nashville-Cash, Frankie, Colt, Autumn totally. Cut back Luke, Layla. Aubrey Peoples is a great singer though. Actually. although I would like to see Juliette back I think show can survive without her

37. Layla and Luke lift right out of Nashville. Sorry to their portrayers, but those 2 characters would be missed the least. The kids/teens should also be recurring. No more storylines revolving around a spoiled brat’s emancipation drama, please.

38. Rob says:

RE Nashville: Drop all the recurring characters from last season save Bucky, Glen, Emily and Kevin (and make Daphne a recurring character) along with Layla (have her permanently go on tour), Luke (have him reunite with his ex-wife and exit the country music business), Maddie (send her to boarding school). Will needs to stay around because Herskovitz and Zwick have a great record dealing with successfully writing well-rounded gay characters (Russell and Peter on thirtysomething, Ricky on My So Called Life, Jessie and Katie on Once and Again) along with the six core characters left (Rayna/Deacon, Juliette/Avery, Gunnar/Scarlett).

39. Carla Krae says:

RE: Nashville, several characters wouldn’t be in the new season because their stories ended, anyway. Frankie is done, Cash is done, Autumn is done, etc. If we see any of them, it’ll only be one episode to make the audience knows business is concluded. And there’s no reason to get rid of Daphne. Her story was totally appropriate.

40. Col says:

Q25. Get rid of Cash, Frankie, Layla, Autumn and Maddie. IF any of them go then replace their scene time with Glen or Emily.

41. Tom says:

~
    IT’S BEEN TWO DAMN EPISODES! Let there be some mystery to those not familiar with the comics. For the love of the merciful Flying Spaghetti Monster
    ~
    ~
    See, that’s why Marvel wins, they integrate much better, even if we they keep rebooting Spider-man. We get it, radioactive spider, Uncle Ben dies etc etc. Please don’t make me deal with Gwen Stacey dying yet again. Though I guess that veers from the question, so um……yeah, DC is messed up and can do whatever they want
    ~
    ~
    Any chance to see Annabeth Gish is a good thing. And asking that Jane and Maura get together is probably too much yeah?

42. kris says:

Regarding Rizzoli and Isles, I thought the entire Annabeth Gish storyline sucked and was really REALLY a waste of time, I didn’t care for the actor either. I mean really, all of that because someone was jealous of Jane in the academy, so stupid, and Jane going to a confessional because she is going to tear Alice apart, yeah right, becomes a crying wimp as soon as they are face to face. It was a lot to do about completely nothing, a lot of wasted episodes. Jane isn’t interesting enough to have someone go after her like that, it would have been awesome if some incredibly intelligent person had gone after Maura and it was her against them, But Alice Sands, didm;t seem anything like the brain they were trying to make her, she was just a nothing basically. I want J&M together in the end like they were season 1-4, close and happy, not this crap of late.

• nancy says:

Annabeth Gish was amazing in her role and the story was good. Besides, Maura is not that interesting to have someone go after her. That would have been boring

• bmoonwriter says:

I second that!
      It seens they’re trying to completely dismantle anything and everything that symbolized these characters (Jane and Maura) at the beginning and made people watch the show to begin with… Jane questioning her job?! Which badically defines her… Maura losing the one unique trait that makes her stand out – her brain, the facts, her social awkwardness , her inability to lie (they slowly took her character apart)… what they view as character growth, I see as unrealistic changes that simply take away from Maura that which MAKES Maura herself…
      And Jane regressing to her Catholic roots which had never (at least as far as we’ve been made aware) been a part of her life?! Come on!
      In my opinion, this show should have ended with season 4… people would have been a lot less broken hearted over what surely will be a cliche, conventional, disgustingly inappropriate ending to an otherwise what used to be a lovely show
      And one more thing; is it just me or has everyone (except korsak) on the show forgotten how to act?
      Perhaps it’s the sketchy writing that is making them this way… and the glaringly obvious lack of chemistry… I don’t know what happened between Angie and Sasha but the moment their chemistry was gone, so was the show…

43. herman1959 says:

(8) Somebody FINALLY figured out that Marvel and DC together could actually make money; money always wins.

44. kirads09 says:

19. Better to have had that awesome episode with Melissa Leo than none at all.
    26. I think Dyson products look very odd. And for the money they ask. So if I had one, I would hide it.

45. Mareesa says:

Cut the crap and have Rizzoli and Isles kiss already. The flirting and non-stop chemistry deserves it. Enough is enough. Any guys they are with are pawns.

• Osiris says:

Better yet have a scene with them waking up in the morning in bed together and nude with Jane smiling at Maura.

46. xyz says:

I must admit I didn’t think about The Mummy and Mr. Lyle when I watched the episode. I was all caught up on her being all alone in London vs Dracula. But this is fine idea for season 4 of Penny Dreadful.

47. Blake says:

Nashville needs to keep its central core of characters (i.e. Rayna, Deacon, Juliette, Avery, Gunnar, & Scarlett). Keep Will and promote Kevin to series regular. Although I love them, the Stella sisters’ role should be reduced to recurring. Luke should also take a backseat and Layla should pushed off the tour bus altogether.

48. Cynthia Bauer says:

NASHVILLE: Bye, Layla!

49. cej says:

Of all of these questions, I only watch 4 of the shows mentioned. Summer TV leaves something to be desired.

50. Guest says:

4. Sorry to be this person but it’s Lyanna Mormont, not Mornont. And I do believe she is traveling with Sansa and Jon. Her and Rickon would make a powerhouse of a couple later on in their lives but I’m almost positive that poor Rickon was killed moments after he was given to Ramsey so, a moot point.