Descendants 2 China Anne McClain

Descendants 2 Premiering in 2017; China Anne McClain Cast as Ursula 2.0

The Descendants are adding a poor, unfortunate soul to their ranks.

Disney Channel on Friday announced that China Anne McClain (A.N.T. Farm) is joining the cast of Descendants 2 as Uma, the daughter of legendary sea witch Ursula. McClain previously voiced Freddie, the daughter of The Princess and the Frog‘s Dr. Facilier, in the animated series Descendants: Wicked World.

The sequel — premiering in 2017, with production slated to begin this summer — will also introduce the offspring of Captain Hook and Beauty and the Beast‘s Gaston; their casting will be announced soon.

The cast of the original 2015 film will also return for Descendants 2 — Dove Cameron as Mal, daughter of Maleficent; Cameron Boyce as Carlos, son of Cruella de Vil; Booboo Stewart as Jay, son of Jafar; Sofia Carson as Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen; and Mitchell Hope as King Ben, son of Belle and the Beast — along with Kenny Ortega as director, executive producer and choreographer.

“Just when you thought ‘Happily Ever After’ had come to the land of Auradon, Descendants 2 turns the page to reveal a whole new level of mystery and surprise,” warns Disney Channel president Gary Marsh.

Your thoughts on McClain as Ursula 2.0? Any casting suggestions for Captain Hook or Gaston’s kids? Whatever’s on your mind, drop it in a comment below.

1. Riana says:

I hope they give Captain Hook a daughter because a female pirate is much more interesting.

2. Anne says:

That’s exciting. I really like China, though I would have preferred a fat actress to play Ursula’s daughter.

3. Ian says:

China will be great. They just need to get Yvette Nicole Brown to play Ursula now.

4. lrdslvrhnd says:

I just hope they introduce her to TV and have her channel surfing. “Who’s this?” “Oh, that’s Oprah…”

5. Belle says:

Eh, not too excited about this casting decision. I think a slightly larger female should have been chosen. Captain Hook having a daughter would be spot on! And Gaston should have a mirage image of himself for a son…looking forward to this sequel for sure!!

6. William Rose says:

I noticed that CJ and Harriet would be Hook’s children, and that Ruby would be Rapunzel and Flynn Rider’s child for Wicked World. Looking forward to who will not just voice, but physically embrace the roles of Hook’s children, as well as Gaston’s

7. Karen MT says:

For a moment there, I thought Hook and Gaston had a child together… Time to clean my glasses!

8. Frankie Holder says:

Of course a bad casting. Why not Be Tiana’s daughter she has it in her. You can tell and I just can’t see her as Ursula’s daughter.

9. Ashley slocum says:

Hey I will like to audition for Descendants 2 I’m Inn a wheelchair and I go to school and I live in Philadelphia this will be my first time on a TV show I will love to be a part of something like this I’m what The it factor production and my agent name is Miss Goldie and you can contact me at 1674147178

10. Ashley slocum says:

Hey I will like to audition for Descendants 2 I’m Inn a wheelchair and I go to school and I live in Philadelphia this will be my first time on a TV show I will love to be a part of something like this I’m what The it factor production and my agent name is Miss Goldie and you can contact me at 2674147178

11. this is Josiah Sweet from Brighton, NY rochester, 1210. i would like to play the part of Gaston’s son from Descendants 2

12. Morgan says:

They should Cast Sabrina Carpenter as Captian hooks daughter and the son of Gaston should be Zac Efron it would be nice to see him on the silver screen of Disney channel

13. Reagan says:

We think Spencer Boldman from lab rats would be a great pick for Gastons son.

14. Sabrina carpenter as captain hooks daughter

15. Madame cat says:

For Harriet they should try to cast Sabrina carpenter because she’s really talented and I think she’ll nail this role. Anyone agree or is it just me?

16. I think captain Hook’s daughter should be Olivia Holt or fairly anyone with his fair skin (not trying to be racist) just saying

17. Athena says:

I think that you cast Maia Mitchell as CJ and Corey Fogelmanis as Captain Hooks kids and Peyton Meyer and Sarah Carpenter as Gastons kids

18. manasvini says:

captain hooks daughter- should be Sabrina carpenter

19. Sam says:

Gastons Kid: Boy: Lucas Tiller Girl: Peyton List

Captain Hooks kid: Boy:Corey Fogelmanis Girl: Baylee Madison

20. Rianna says:

I think for the next Descendants movie they should look into giving a newer actress the role of Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen’s daughter. Someone that I think would be perfect for the role is TreanaJada. I’ve seen her on Instagram (@treanajada) a couple times and I think she looks a lot like Tiana. It would be refreshing to see a newer Disney star in the movie!!