Exclusive

Major Crimes Are on Tap for Jere Burns

jere-burns-verticalBeloved Justified baddie Jere Burns is once again up to no good, this time on TNT’s Major Crimes.

Burns — who currently plays Angie Tribeca‘s boss on sister network TBS — is set to guest-star on Major Crimes as Eliot Chase, a methodical and tightly wound former engineer who lost everything, including his job, wife and house, and now aims to make a bold statement against those who harmed him.

And exactly how does he plan to make that “statement”? With a big exclamation point, it sounds, seeing as he’s lugging around a bag full of guns when the MCD squad seeks him out after a deadly tow yard shootout.

Burns’ episode, “Moral Hazard,” is set to air Monday, Aug. 1. (In the same hour, Rusty bumps up against LAPD policy in an attempt to find more evidence related to the murder of Buzz’s father and uncle.)

The actor’s previous TV credits include Bates Motel, From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, Burn Notice, Breaking Bad and, of course, Dear John.

Want more scoop on Major Crimes, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Lilly77 says:

Love this show.

2. Jane says:

I don’t like Major Crimes but I love Jere Burns so I’m happy for the fans of the show.

• HAP says:

I guess everyone has their own tastes and are entitled to their opinion. But I can’t fathom how anyone could not like Major Crimes.

• Cat says:

I love Major Crimes, but am totally sick of seeing Jere Burns turn up on all my favorite shows. Can’t stand him!

3. N says:

I love Dear John

4. big cheddar says:

I love this actor. He’s one of those guys that you hope will have a breakout show or role (like Brian Cranston or JK Simmons) that would make him a superstar.

• Robin says:

Yes!!! I loved him in Dear John and I loved to hate him on ‘burn Notice!!!! He was so. Evil on that show. He’s one of the few that can do comedy and drama equally well!

5. Pat says:

Looking forward to the return of Major Crimes, this upcoming Monday. Jere Burns can always pull out one these bad man or crazy man parts, when is is asked to do so. So really looking forward to seeing him in Major Crimes on August 1st.

6. MMD says:

A truly underrated actor who plays evil and bad oh so well. As much as you hate the characters he plays, you root for him to succeed while at the same time he provides some laugh out loud moments. Good for him.

Loved to hate him in Justified but was so glad he managed to win in the end! I agree with ‘big cheddar’ above about wanting him to get a breakout role in tv or a movie that puts him over the top, although I think he works as much as he wants to.