Britt Robertson Cast in Girlboss

Life Unexpected Alum Britt Robertson Tapped to Play Netflix's Girlboss

Britt Robertson just scored the keys to the executive washroom. The former Life Unexpected leading lady has landed the title role in Girlboss, Netflix’s 13-episode comedy based on the bestseller #Girlboss by Nasty Gal fashionista Sophia Amoruso.

Robertson, whose other credits include The Secret Circle and Under the Dome, plays the future author, described as “a rebellious, broke anarchist who… stumbles upon her passion of selling vintage clothes online and becomes an unlikely businesswoman. As she builds her retail empire, she realizes the… difficulty of being the boss of her own life.”

The series, set to debut next year, was created and is exec-produced by 30 Rock vet Kay Cannon, with Amoruso and Charlize Theron among the other EPs.

What do you think? Does Girlboss sound like it will be just your style? Hit the comments.

1. Goldenvibefan says:

Glad to see Britt get more work. Loved watching her in secret circle.

2. datdudemurphy says:

Probably in the minority, but Life Unexpected was killed too soon……I was kinda hoping Netflix was bringing that back

3. Cheryl says:

Life Unexpected was a fabulous show. It was a shame when it was canceled. Also bummed about Secret Circle. It deserved a 2nd season.

4. Sarah96 says:

I hope this become a success, I really like her in The Secret Circle and even though fashion is no my thing I like seeing movies about it and this tv show sounds interesting :)

5. AnnieM says:

This kid has had so much bad luck with TV series that get cancelled; I hope this one does well for her. She’s very talented.

6. Dude says:

She’s not a great actress but I’d probably watch this.

7. mooshki says:

How does she keep getting so many great parts when she’s such a bad actress?

8. kate says:

She’s kinda boring, I wish they found someone like Krysten Ritter- she reminds me so much of Sofia in appearance and mannerisms. Its like seeing double but she’s too old. Too bad. Britt often plays the rebellious youngster but I find she comes on too strong in her performance and often has uneven emotional responses that make it appear like shes forcing it. Definitely not a natural. But she does put a lot of heart in it.