Pierce Brosnan The Son

Pierce Brosnan to Lead 2017 AMC Drama The Son, Replacing Sam Neill

Remington Steele is plotting his return to television.

Pierce Brosnan, who played the aforementioned con man from 1982 to 1987, will star in AMC’s upcoming drama The Son, a “multi-generational epic tale of the story of America’s birth as a superpower through the bloody rise and fall of one Texas family,” our sister site Deadline reports.

Brosnan’s character — Eli, the head of the McCullough family, who would come to be known as the “First Son of Texas” — was originally awarded to Sam Neill, but the Jurassic Park actor chose to vacate the role for personal reasons.

The series, which was ordered straight to series for 10 episodes, begins production in Austin later this month; it’s slated to premiere sometime in 2017.

Are you excited to see Brosnan back on TV? Drop a comment with your thoughts on The Son below.

1. Mimi says:

I like Sam Neill, but this is a great recast. Brosnan has always been underrated.

2. Laurie says:

I have always been a fan of Pierce Brosnan. I will definitely check it out.

3. MMD says:

So glad to see Pierce Brosnan back on tv but would have rather AMC had extended Hell on Wheels a few more seasons. I’m sure that Brosnan will help me fill the void.

4. Lisa says:

Brosnan is the best I followed him since the eighties. He’s so blessed to have Keeley!!! Way to go I will be watching.

5. Cat says:

Pierce Brosnan playing a Texan???

6. Simone says:

I’m so glad to see Brosnan again in TV. He is a great actor and handsome man. Welcome back Pierce.

7. AnnieM says:

i would watch Pierce Brosnan just standing there for an hour. :-) So, yep, I’ll be there.

8. cuius says:

After “Urge”, no wonder he wants to get back to TV

9. Alma Perez says:

Of course I’m excited, very excited. I just love Pierce That’s my #1 guy.I love Remington Steele, JAMES BOND. He’s the best. I just love the guy. I still watch the reruns of Remington Steele. I’m very proud of him.he deserves the best.very happy for him.

10. Barb Ohneck says:

Yes it’s been to long sense he has done any series of any kind it will be good to see him back on tv

11. karl brosnan says:

go idol,pierce brosnan,i will wait for that..

12. Pierce Brosnan is a Great actor who can carry any interesting
    lead Character. A television series is his Home where it all Began.

13. S. Harless says:

I agree with, Mimi’s comment. I think Pierce Brosnan has many fans and like this fan they will greatly welcome him back to TV in a weekly series.

I will mark my 2017 calendar to start looking for the dates the episodes will be aired.

14. Donna says:

Really looking forward to seeing Pierce Brosnan in a series again!

15. Randi Robinson says:

Oh yes! I might not have watched this show with Sam Neill but I will watch anything with Pierce Brosnan!

16. Hell yeah, I’m excited to see Pierce Brosnan back in this 10 part miniseries. Hell, I’m glad just to see AMC doing Another Western, period ! I’m going to miss HELL ON WHEELS and Cullen Bohannon

17. Brenda Espinoza says:

I am very excited to see Pierce on TV, The Son I am sure it will be a great American history story, such a awesomely talented gentleman, never followed a fan page, but he’s hard not to follow, a serious & great activist, truly cares about serious issues, so impressed.

18. Excited Pierce will be on a series about American hx, I know it will be great The Son,such a serious activist & great actor, only fan page I’ve ever followed. Every role he plays is so believable, a true gentleman & family man, such a great contribution the world to enjoy . I am 64, & I believe age is only the number of years the world gets to enjoy HIM.

19. Cashy0326 says:

So, 63 year old Pierce Brosnan is supposed to pass for an 80 year old oil tycoon. Great actor, should be older!!!

20. Marlowe says:

Love Pierce Brosnan and have since the days of Remington Steele so I will definitely watch the series. But I’m eight episodes in and this is one seriously poorly written, poorly cast in some vital roles, poorly directed and, occasionally, poorly acted series.

It’s been renewed for a second season. More than anything else this series needs a great showrunner to weigh in on all decisions and turn it into something more than a chance to look at the still gorgeous Pierce Brosnan in period costume.