Six Feet Under Marathon

TVLine Items: HBO Goes Six Feet Under, Bear Grylls' Return Date and More

HBO is digging deep — six feet deep, to be exact — to mark the 15th anniversary of Six Feet Under‘s debut.

In honor of the occasion, HBO2 will run a marathon of all 63 episodes of the award-winning drama series, beginning June 2 at 11 pm.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* The new season of Running Wild With Bear Grylls will premiere Monday, July 11, at 10/9c on NBC. Additionally, the network announced that the comedic reality series Better Late Than Never will debut Tuesday, Aug. 23, at 10 pm. The program follows Henry Winkler, William Shatner, Terry Bradshaw and George Foreman as they journey across Asia with no itinerary.

* Shameless‘ Svetlana is sticking around: Isidora Goreshter has been upped to series regular for Season 7, our sister site Deadline reports.

* The Americans has promoted Brandon J. Dirden, who plays FBI agent Dennis Aderholt, to series regular for Seasons 5 and 6, per Deadline.

* Barbra Streisand will present at the 70th Annual Tony Awards (airing June 12 on CBS) for the first time since 1970.

* TLC’s Cake Boss has received an order for 10 additional Season 8 episodes, as well as a renewal for Season 9, per Deadline.

* FX will air The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story in its entirety, with very limited commercial interruption, beginning June 11 at 2 pm.

1. Robert T. says:

Damn, for a second there, I thought “Six Feet Under” was returning!

• NM says:

Me too.
      I also thought a 15-year reunion.
      Does HBO even do event series or comebacks? Either way, I’d totally be done. Perhaps they’re testing the waters? Then again, with the flashforward finale, unlikely.

• David4 says:

Not every show needs an ‘event series’, leave Six Feet Under dead.

However a special with the cast and crew I’d be down for.

• I think the ending showing flashforwards of everyone’s death pretty much wrapped the show up, but I’d love a cast reunion special.

• Anna says:

Agreed. The finale was perfect – still my favorite ending to a TV show to this day. There is no need to mess with the way things ended with another event series. But a special with the cast would be bomb.

• A fan of TV says:

Loved the series until Nate died, then loved the final sequence. But Nate’s death was far and away the show’s JTS moment, and since we already know what happened to the characters that matter I hope they choose never to revive it, unless they kept the concept but introduced a whole new family.

• David4 says:

His death was a perfect end to the show. You never know at what time and place death will happen.

• Anna says:

Hardcore disagree – the message that was always at the heart of the show was that death is an inevitability that no one can escape. It happens literally every single day. Nate was the character that was the most afraid of death, while simultaneously being the character that was most likely to die early due to his neurological condition. As the show wraps and the audience eventually sees every character die, it makes perfect sense that Nate’s death is the one that shepherds us (and the rest of the characters) through the end of the show.

• Tony says:

“Until” Nate died? He died at the end of the show. Okay not the final episode, but in the final moments of the show and its arc.

That’s the perfect time for the show to jump the shark – to hit its peak at the end.

2. Norda says:

I’m glad Svetlana is series regular now. I LOVE the V/Kev/Svetlana throuple, and happy they didnt turn it into a traditional love triangle. Theyre just three adults who love and share one another.

• Tim says:

yes, she’s hysterical!

• flowerduh says:

I love Svetlana! She’s so brutally honest!

I’m also glad that that there isn’t a love triangle. I’m so sick of them. It’s time to bring polyamory relationships forward and I think Shameless is a great vehicle to do so.

3. I never finished the series, Six Feet Under when I found out how dark it got. Is it worth it to watch the rest? Only made it to the beginning of season 4.

4. George H. says:

I can’t stand Bear Grylls. He just irks me for some reason. Maybe it was the time he was showing off rapid water survival skills, and you could tell he had a life jacket on under his shirt he was wearing when he was supposed to be this tough guy, lol.

5. Joey says:

Six Feet Under is easily one of the greatest television shows ever created. How its not considered one of the popular kids at HBO’s table, I’ll never understand.

6. Michael Bates says:

I love the fact you are showing six feet under again for the 15 yr anniversary. Absolutely one of my alltime favorites!