Days of Our Lives Abigail Recast

Days of Our Lives: Kate Mansi Replaced as Abigail by Soap Rookie Marci Miller

On the heels of the news that Jen Lilley is leaving her Days of Our Lives role of scheme queen Theresa Donovan comes word that the also-exiting Kate Mansi has been recast as troubled ingénue Abigail DiMera: Marci Miller will make her debut as Chad’s bride this fall, Soap Opera Digest reports.

Though a soap rookie, the actress has appeared in a bunch of short films and stars in the upcoming Children of the Corn: Runaway and Death Race 2050, Roger Corman’s upgrade of his 1975 cult classic, Death Race 2000, with Malcolm McDowell and Manu Bennett (Arrow).

In announcing her departure on Instagram back in January, Mansi — a TV newbie when she was cast as Jack and Jennifer’s daughter on Days in 2011 — wrote that “the timing was right for [her] to set sail from Salem.” Already, she has landed a lead in the thriller Boyfriend Killer, opposite her onetime Days castmate Patrick Muldoon, who played Austin.

Miller inherits a juicy storyline in which newlywed Abigail has lost her marbles after being tormented by her ex, Ben, aka the Necktie Killer. NBC could not be reached for comment.

What do you think, Days fans? Will you be able to accept someone new playing Abigail opposite Billy Flynn’s Chad? Hit the comments.

1. Maria says:

So…how are they going to explain the fact that Abby’s eyes have changed from brown to blue? That must be some magical hospital she’s camped out in!

• wrstlgirl says:

Contact lenses. Some days my eyes are blue, some days my eyes are green. Not that they have to explain it anyways.

• Robert T. says:

That’s small potatoes.
      In the past, some soaps have hired replacement actors who don’t share even one physical characteristic, with the explanation from the writers that they’ve undergone plastic surgery from a fire, accident, whatever…..only for the original actor to return, and nobody says “boo” about the change in appearance. LOL

• Norda says:

Like Blair Kramer on OLTL who was ASIAN before they recast her with a WHITE DePaiva.

• PGP says:

Exactly what I was thinking… Kassie made that role her own though….great actress! Hope the show is smart enough to keep her longer than a visit when she comes back!

• Norda says:

I dont think anyone will care. Do you remember Chads eyes before Billy Flynn? NOT as icey blue, but no one cares. Do you remember what color Ashley Bensons eyes were BEFORE Kate Mansi? BLUE! If shes got the chops, I look forward to seeing Abby back as a blonde haired, blue eyed, fair skinned woman. Kate was good, but she was too exotic to play Abby. Benson was great as an aged Abby, because she was like a mini Jennifer. Mansi looked liked her adopted italian daughter. Mansi will have a FANTASTIC career post days though, you can always tell who will move on to bigger and better.

• Seattle's Best says:

The original Chad had brown eyes and the current Chad as blue.I just hope she’s a good actress.

• jeu76972 says:

waoo i got a excellent news for every one i am earning 3895$ per month in my home by online job on internet
      you must check it ……..http;//www.55easyline.com

• jeu76972 says:

hy i am student and also earning 2500$per month u shocked but it is true i am working online job on internet
      continued../……….http;//www.55easyline.com

• Eran says:

They’re not going to, lol. That’s daytime soap recasting for you. On OLTL, when Nathan Fillion left, did anyone stop to address Joey’s height loss of what had to have been at least 3 inches? Recasts laugh in the face of visual continuity or consistency. Always have.

• who cares what color her eyes are???

2. wrstlgirl says:

I hope people give her a chance and don’t dismiss her right off. She’s got some big shoes to fill but I’m sure she will do well.

• Tetris says:

I’ve been waiting for this role to be recast for years! This Abigail didn’t look a thing like Ashley Benson, didn’t act like her at all either, and reminded me if an unattractive version of Linda Blair. This new girl is a better fit already!!

3. I hope the fans give her a chance she looks like she could be Melissa’s real daughter.

4. JnJ Fan says:

I hope Marci Miller can bring warmth to the role of Abby since Kate Mansi lacked that in her version of Abby. she was stronger at playing crazy & vain rather than sweet yet feisty.

I’m looking forward to Marci Miller’s version of Abby will show the audience why Chad loves Abby so much as the rewriting of their history aside (in which both desired to be with other people more than each other multiple times), Days has never shown why Chad does love Abby so much (he came back “so in love” despite how things ended when she dumped him in the hospital) especially as she treats him badly more often than not nor have I ever gotten the feeling Abby loves Chad, just more like she’s grateful to him for loving and praising her.

5. Robert T. says:

Anyone’s gotta be an improvement!
    But then again, the powers that be hired the actress who plays Ciara….

• Norda says:

Amen, Robert!! Ciara and Claire are two WET blankets who cannot act themselves out of a paper bag. I said the same thing about True OBrien though and she won an Emmy playing lifeless (before she was strangled) Paige.

• True O’Brien winning confirms for me the Emmys are rigged.

• James says:

Well, Days did submit what could be her best performance to date. That goes to say how crappy writing makes for crappy actors with the complete opposite actually helps one be at their best.

• i agree, i don’t care for Ciara or Claire…not very good actors..Ciara grew up over night.

• PGP says:

I know it’s not a very popular opinion, but the little girl that played Ciara was not very good either, even as child actors go. I actually like Claire also! Ciara is growing on me. Paige shouldn’t have been killed, but recast ed instead. Then maybe Kassie DePaiva would still be Eve!

• Connie says:

Yes. I would rather see new people play roles as to have people killed off. Such as Will. He could have simapily went to be with Sunny there by leaving opportunity to return down the road.

6. jj says:

Based purely on looks, she resembles Missy Reeves more so than Kate does.

7. Mar says:

I really loved Kate Mansi in the role, but i’m willing to give the new actress a chance.

8. Shucks[ There are so many actresses out there that are familiar to soap fans; Wish they’d have picked one of them instead of a complete stranger to soap fans.

9. Deborah says:

I wouldn’t think eye color would be that much of an issue is they could recast Phillip back with 2 legs in tact that he lost in the Gulf War. They must really think we are stupid; plus this guy cant act and looks old enough to be Belle’s father.

10. Josie says:

“Lost her marbles” is a tacky, insensitive way to,portray mental,illness. What are you, 16

11. Kevin K says:

I know how Abigail felt when she came face to face with Ben Rogers played by Rob Wilson. Don’t know what’s next for Kate Mansi and I wish her the best of luck.

12. Bobbie Robison says:

I have seen quite a few changes in the 40+ years I have watched the show. Let’s give the young lady a chance, Who else remembers that Phillip Kiriakis had a FULL facial transplant after his military service,

13. Diane Harris says:

I hate to see her go, but if there’s another promising opportunity, the best of luck to her. Regarding the new Abigail, I have adjustment periods for replacements. Never did fully adjust to the Will replacement.

14. DESHAWN HATCHER says:

WHY do they keep casting rookies???? This is getting on my nerves. I understand the kids are all rookies, but another one? Come on cast folks who have a resume. I mean do I need to point out the worst decision in years was the new Will. I’m sure he tried but OMG he was so bad. Come Days enough of this rookie crap.

15. Patti says:

We need a new Abigail she has been very bland for some time. Chad is hot and needs someone with more talent

16. Carole says:

not happy with the present Abby leaving :( With all these replacements, especially her after all these years of Days, I am about ready to stop looking so forward to it. If they replace Nicole, for sure I will be finished. Sami was the first one that saddened Days by leaving.

17. Shelly Harris says:

Marcu Miller is too pale and she would have big shoes to fill Abby did alot!!!

18. Loretta Davis says:

Why do you have to pick a dead looking girl. All the new young actors on Days have no personality, no life. Joey looks dead, Sierra does, Chase does, doesn’t anyone look lively or smile? Don’t like any of the new ones.

19. Shaun says:

Still miss Benson as Abby

20. Kat Ducharme says:

The music on “Days” is so loud you cannot understand what the actors are saying! Could someone give John (Drake Hogysten) sp? acting lessons?

21. When they decided to let the kids grow up over night they could have hired better young actors and actress’.These kids can not act and it has really ruined the show. I miss Some of those you have killed off the show,so maybe you need to replace some of the writers.. I don’t watch it like I use too. You changed to much to fast. Something is wrong when so many leave the show so fast. Have been a fan since the very beginning .

22. Gerry says:

Her role has been so crazy lately, I don’t even care if they write her off all together. I can’t stand weak people. But it’s the writer that took her down that road! Watched Days since 80’s. How ever show is better than it was 6-8 months ago!

23. Kat Marie says:

People’s comments on here are funny talking about how the new actresses eyes are a different color etc,, What about the role of Roman, he was on there as Chris Kositchek for 10yrs,, lol

24. Ron Battista says:

They can never findd such a good actress who so deserved a daytime emey

25. CAROL HARRISON says:

I DON’T LIKE HER ALREADY. TOO BAD DOOL CAN’T MAKE AN OFFER SHE CAN’T REFUSE.

26. Gloria says:

No I will not like the change. While I understand that change is good, but there are times we as the viewers opinion needs to be applicable. I do not want to see the Abigal leave..I am not sure if I will continue to watch the series at all…I am almost at the point of being tired of people dying and coming back to life, come on how many times can an individual die and come back to life. I have been watching Days of or Life for well over 30 years…..

27. I HAVE BEEN WATCHING “DAYS” FOR ABOUT THIRTY YEARS!! AND THERE HAVE BEEN MANY CHANGES. BUT WHEN YOU AGE CHILDREN FROM 10 YEARS OLD, TO 18 YEARS OLD IN LESS THAN 6 MONTHS, THAT’S GOING TOO FAR! THEY REPLACED THE KIDS WITH OTHER ADULTS, OF COURSE! AND WE JUST GOT USED TO THEM, NOW THEY ARE REPLACING OTHER PEOPLE ON THE PROGRAM!! MY HUSBAND IS A BIG FAN, AND HE GETS FRUSTRATED WITH THE PLOTS, AND PEOPLE!! HE HAS SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS, AND IT IS HARD FOR HIM TO REMEMBER WHO IS WHO!!HA!

28. JoAnna says:

No way especially not a rookie but what’s worse is Teresa’s leaving?? Wow re thinking watching days anymore my times too valuable to watch the show that’s falling apart both gone Teresa’s gone Abigail’s being replaced I don’t think so

29. Shari says:

What can I say.hello she’s a rookie.and she has very big shoes to fill.Kate’s acting is phenomenal. And the chemistry that billy and Kate had was amazing like no other.why would they hire a rookie

30. @nne says:

I Just wish they would find actors who look somewhat similar to who they are replacing. We keep losing the good ones still…

31. Luann says:

Days is so bad in the story lines now that who cares….too many characters and story lines to sift through….. needs to be a dream ala “Dallas”. So many old characters and boring plots.

32. kay says:

I am glad they were able to find a replacement for the actress so the role of Abigail can continue. Marci seems like a great choice and I look forward to seeing her debut.

33. Cheri says:

The person that needs to go on Days is Hope’s daughter, Ciara! She is a TERRIBLE actress, even I could do better than her!

• Irish says:

Not only that, but it looks like the writers are heading her into an affair with Chad. Yuck!

• Shelly Harris says:

They are gonna have Abby off of the show for a period of time because of her face gettin burned so its a good chance Ciera might get hooked up with Chad but wouldn’t make her like everyone else ,sleeping with everyone?

34. Brenda says:

I waited so long for them to get to be together and then it didn’t even last a week into the marriage . She is a great actress and I hate to see her go. But I didn’t want the character to be gone. It will very hard to accept someone new . And please do not let Ciara and Chad have an affair.

35. Patti Gelb says:

Yes I can except a new Abby because I really want the character to stay. Love Chad & Abby together!!

36. Pam Smith says:

I’m sure she’ll be fine once we get used to her. I only wish you would give us some happy times instead of all these sad things that have been going on. It’s so depressing I sometimes don’t watch because I don’t want to be sad!

37. Kari says:

DOOL could have at least found someone that at least came close to looking like Kate Mansi, this new girl has blonde hair and blue eyes. I love Kate Mansi and have since the day she came to Days. The casting people need to wake up and pay closer attention to details

38. Betty Troxell says:

I think the new actress will be great. I love the Abigail role. Kate Mandi was fantastic. Only time will tell about the new actress.

39. Rita Hight says:

I have never been a soap opera fan but am familiar with Marci Miller’s work and can’t wait to see how she handles Abigail in Days of Our Lives.

40. Connie says:

41. Mary P says:

Kate was a natural. The new one best be very convincing for Days fans to accept. Hope Kate gets the movie reviews from Boyfriend Killer that soars her career. She deserves it. She seems so comfortable in front of a camera, I am pulling to see her in a lot more movies. I will with hold comments on the new Abby until I see if she convinces me, blue eyes and all.

42. susie kelly says:

Hell no

43. Carolyn says:

I’m just just glad they are not totally killing her out. I hate the way that Jennifer and JJ is treating Chad.

44. Kat says:

Will be hard to replace Mansi as Abby and her chemistry with Billy Flynn. Also sorry to see Jen Lilley go. Both are great actresses.

45. Joyce Medley says:

No, it will be very hard to see. Will not be right.

46. pat says:

I’ve watched Chad and Abigail fall in love and be torn apart and just when it all fall in place they replace her with someone also that doesn’t look like she will click with Chad. I see a recast in the future already

47. Robyn Jones says:

I hate to see Abigail replaced on days. She was perfect in that role.

48. Linda Power says:

Yes The role of Abigail needs to be replaced, but this new person Marci Miller looks nothing like Mansi. She is too short, blue eyes and hair too light

49. Mary B says:

Why can’t they get someone that looks like more Abigail? I won’t be able to accept her. I have been watching for 60 years & I hate when they do this to someone u really like on the show I think just leave as they ran away gone or died

50. Huera says:

NOOOOO!!!!!! You are the taking out all the good people and replacing them with ughhhhh🙄🙄🙄🙄. I don’t even want to watch DOOL’S anymore!!! It’s just not the same!!! Abigail???? Teresa???? Offer them more money. I just don’t understand you all. You know I’m not watching DOOL’S ANYMORE!!! You ones in charge of this are just WRONG IN “SO MANY WAYS!!!!!”