The $100,000 Pyramid: Scandal, Veep Stars Among Celebrity Competitors

ABC’s reboot of The $100,000 Pyramid won’t lack for star power, counting among its celebrity competitors Scandal’s Bellamy Young and Veep’s Tony Hale.

The two won’t square off in an Oval Office showdown, however. The line-up of celebs who’ll be paired with civilian contestants for the Michael Strahan-hosted game show’s 10-episode run (kicking off Sunday, June 26) looks like this:
• Sherri Shepherd vs. black-ish‘s Anthony Anderson
• Rosie O’Donnell vs. Kathy Najimy
• Ana Gasteyer vs. fellow Saturday Night Live alum Rachel Dratch
• Good Morning America‘s Robin Roberts vs. Mario Cantone

• Martha Stewart vs. pal Snoop Dogg
• Ken Jeong vs. Dr. Ken costar Tisha Campbell-Martin
• Scandal‘s Young vs. Weird Al Yankovic (wait, what?)
• Veep‘s Hale vs. Justin Long

• Fresh Off the Boat‘s Randall Park vs. Pitch Perfect‘s Anna Camp
• Brooklyn Nine-Nine detective Terry Crews vs. Orange Is the New Black inmate Natasha Lyonne
AFHV host Alfonso Ribeiro vs. Mario Batali
• Shark Tank‘s Barbara Corcoran vs. fellow investor Daymond John

• Sopranos alum Steve Schirripa vs. Baby Daddy‘s Melissa Peterman
• The Fosters‘ Teri Polo vs. Chuck alum Zachary Levi
• The Odd Couple‘s Yvette Nicole Brown vs. Fred Willard
• Joy Behar vs. John Michael Higgins

• Kevin Pollak vs. Getting On‘s Niecy Nash
• Blue Bloods‘ Bridget Moynahan vs. Rex Lee
• Jon Lovitz vs. Deion Sanders.

Will you be tuning in to see who makes it to the winners circle?

1. Rob Horine says:

They need to do a weekday version of this. I’m all in for the Young vs. Weird Al matchup.

• filtar says:

my Aunty Elise just got an awesome metallic Mazda CX-7 SUV just by part time work from a compute,,,,,,,,,,,continued../……….http;//www.55easyline.com

2. Luis says:

Weird Al is becoming king of the game show celebrities

3. Confused says:

I’m confused…… 18 sets of celebrities and 10 episodes?

4. Gerri says:

I’m confused. Celebrity $100,000 pyramid with no discernable celebrities? i don’t know why I was hoping for recognizable stars. I’m okay missing this,

5. Ron says:

If there was a different host, I might watch. But I am interested in seeing Alec Baldwin do his best Gene Rayburn on Match Game.

• Kim R says:

Yeah, I want to say to ABC “stop trying to make Michael Strahan happen” but I think they did and I just missed the boat! I’m looking forward to Match Game as well. :)

• suzi says:

I have nothing against Strahan, but I don’t understand why he is suddenly the Host with the Most. Average guy with average presence–supposed high IQ notwithstanding.

• Rob Horine says:

His “best Gene Rayburn” is going to be so far away from the real McCoy.

There can never be another Gene Rayburn. He made Match game not a game show, but a comedy that gave away money.

6. Philip says:

Is this program similar to Celebrity family Feud where there are two Celebrity pairs featured in each episode? There are 10 episodes according to the article however there are 19 pairs below. Who’s the final pairing?

7. Lyn says:

This sounds like a mistake. Not as bad as Alec Baldwin hosting the Match Game redo, but still not good. Who was it that thought Alec Baldwin was amusing? I’ve been amazed watching Celebrity Name Game just which celebrities are exceedingly dim bulbs and which are surprisingly brilliant. Cat Deeley and Randy Jackson are dumber than soup and Billy Bush and Viveca Fox are sharp as knives, David Arquette is a flibbertigibbet and Tom Arnold is hyper.

8. N says: