Jen Lilley Leaving Days of Our Lives

Report: Days of Our Lives' Jen Lilley Leaving the Role of Theresa

Days of Our Lives‘ reigning scheme queen is abdicating her throne: Jen Lilley is reportedly leaving her role of troublemaking Theresa Donovan.

The actress joined NBC’s long-running daytime drama three years ago after temporarily stepping in for Days alumna Kirsten Storms as General Hospital‘s Maxie Jones. (As you know, Storms is again on a break from GH, this time with Days vet Molly Burnett filling in for her.) Once among Salem’s lot, Lilley was thrust into one frontburner storyline after another, with only Eileen Davidson’s batty Kristen DiMera managing to out-connive Theresa — by stealing Brady Black’s baby while the mom-to-be was still pregnant!

The manipulative minx’s parents — Salem supercouple Shane and Kimberly Donovan, played by Charles Shaughnessy and Patsy Pease — will be returning to the show for Theresa’s sendoff, according to Daytime Confidential, who broke the story. The show does not comment on casting.

In addition to her stints on Days and GH, Lilley has appeared on The Crazy Ones, Two and a Half Men, iCarly and Hannah Montana.

What do you think, Days fans? Will you miss having Lilley and Theresa among Salem’s lot? Are you already hoping she will return to the fold? Hit the comments.

1. mooshki says:

Lilley was really wonderful as Theresa. I’ll miss her a lot.

2. kar says:

First losing Abby now Theresa?

3. Chris says:

Jen Lilley never replaced Kirsten Storms as Theresa Donovan on DAYS! KS played Belle Black from 1999-2004 who then left the show to join GH as Maxie in 2005. Belle Black was later recast with Martha Madison play the role in 2004. JL temorarily was the Maxie recast for a year (2011-2012) while KS was out sick with endometriosis. KS then came back to reclaim the role as Maxie a year ather she left the show on medical leave. JL was then cast as Theresa Donovan on DAYS in 2013.

4. TVFan says:

If they are bringing back Shane & Kimberly for Theresa’s send off, it sounds like Theresa will by dying.

5. alistaircrane says:

Thank goodness! Days has enough evil has girls. We need more genuine heroines. I wish they’d bring back Carrie Reed and focus more on Jennifer.

6. wrstlgirl says:

I really like Jen Lilley but never cared for Theresa, good or bad. I really need them to do something better for Brady.

7. Kevin K says:

Really sad Jen Lilley is leaving DAYS. She’s joining the likes of Brandon Beemer, Martha Madison and Marie Wilson among the departed.

• wrstlgirl says:

Actually I heard Beemer is back filming :-)

• mooshki says:

Yeah, because the idiots realized he had just signed a 26-week contract and they’d have to pay him whether he was on the show or not. So they only wrote him back in to get their money’s worth, and then he’s gone again.

• wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, I wasn’t going in to any detail. That’s what google is for.

• mooshki says:

So you post a misleading/incomplete statement and expect people to guess that they should Google it to find out what’s really going on?

• wrstlgirl says:

LMAO!!! There is nothing misleading or incomplete about what I said. Beemer is back filming, that is a fact.

8. Belle says:

Jen Lilley is the only reason I haven’t stopped watching DOOL the last few years :( She filled a void that the show so desperately needed!!! I think Jen is so much fun to watch, she breathed life into every scene she was part of!!! I wish her well and hope she returns to the small screen soon!! Sadly I see my run as a loyal Days of Our Lives watcher (since 1983) will soon be coming to an end as well.

9. I’ve been a big fan of Theresa. Her and Brady are a great couple. As much as I’ve enjoyed Lilley, I hope they’re considering a recast.

10. Walkie says:

Beautiful and talented actress. Days can’t afford to lose people like her.

11. Chaya says:

Days has gotten boring, as did Theresa when they made her into a good girl. I am really glad Shane is finally coming back for a cameo, but it would be more fun if he came with his new wife Fran …

12. Phil says:

NOOOOOO!!!! Days cannot keep losing every 20 year old cast member!

13. iakovos says:

Not great news. I very much liked Theresa and Miss Lilley in the role.

14. Erica says:

Being Brady’s fiance seems to really increase a character’s mortality rate…. (Arianna, Madison)

15. Shannon says:

I think Jen Lilley is fantastic in whatever she does. I’m bummed to not be seeing her on Days but I’m excited to see what is coming up next for her!

16. Sandi says:

Wow! So many people leaving Days it’s hard to keep up! I really love Lily’s acting and , I think does an outstanding job. She’s also a gorgeous girl with those beautiful big eyes…& I liked the fact that Theresa had changed for the better and had hoped we would see a lot of Her and Brady…even singing together????

17. Linda says:

I will miss her crazy schemes she did that always back fired on her. After all her mistakes she finally found happiness.

18. Snowboarder says:

DOOL should have done a better job of retaining Kate Mansi — “Chabby” has just come on screen & viewers were very happy to see those two —
    DOOL losing ground with who they should keep & who goes —
    Need to rethink & regroup — we the viewers are who keep the show going !

19. Good Riddance Theresa says:

I am soooooooo glad that b#tch Theresa will be off the show ! She’s gutter trash that doesn’t deserve Brady. …. that gold digging wh@re got everything handed to her because she had a drunken fumble with Brady which resulted in Tate. Theresa has done so much sh!t on dool and never paid for it instead she was rewarded with some fashion career, a rich man which the little wh&re has always wanted, a beautiful baby boy and a fab town house while Nicole a true bad girl who has truly changed for the better gets nothing. Theresa hasn’t really changed she is still a low down dirty sk@nk and her obession with Brady seems way more than love but actually pathetic desperate need to be with him because she knows deep down she’s not fit to lick his boots. I love it when Victor talks to her like the lowlife she is, he says to her exactly what I feel about the character. Rumor is she dies and I truly hope to see it happen, maybe they could kill her off in some ironic fashion maybe someone bashes her in the head in with a fire poker and leaves her to die like she did John or someone could blackmail her into leaving Salem the way she did to Melanie and on her way out she dies in a car crash like Daniel the person she hates the most ….I know maybe Summer kills the b!tch she’s always been so mean to her as if she’s any better than Summer. Whew, with that being said Jen Lilley is a very good actress, an awesome sweet person in real life. She played the role of Theresa well clearly Iol. I think she will be good for Lifetime and I wish her much success in her career.

20. Lisa says:

Im so glad she is leaving…Brady deserves better

21. Debra says:

I hope Jen Lilley doen’t leave Days . I love her as Theresa we already lost so many good characters now her and Abby. I love the chemistry between Theresa and Brady and Abby and Chad those girls just can”t be replaced .

22. Tammy says:

I am disappointed that Teresa is leaving days. It’s rare they get good actors like her.

I wish her well in her future endeavours but wish she would stay.

23. Linda Smith says:

I think Teresa should stay in Salem and marry Brady. They just found Tate so she needs to stay.

24. Rosaura Sanchez says:

I think they need to find a new villanness before they get rid of Theresa. I don’t think she’ll ever be as good as Sami, but if she leaves, they’re left with just some little goodie two shoes. I don’t like any of the young girls as villains and Kate is too old. We need a new Sami.

25. Medea says:

Good riddance!

26. Naomi Alvarado says:

Yes I will miss her! she is funny, witty and this girl can act! Best of luck where ever she goes. I am going to miss her butting heads with Victor! Heart broken. Hopefully they will bring her back or at least recast her role. Sad she really made DOOL exciting!

27. Dhath says:

Why can’t you guy let.Chad and Abigail have at least a year so he knows she is alright and she still loves him madley.

28. Patricia Mosley says:

It just too many changes in characters please don’t kill another this close please let her leave or just recast he

Thanks

29. Patricia mosley says:

I will. Miss Lilley her connection with Brady was magical but recast

30. Melinda says:

I think it’s really sad mostly for Brady. This guy has gone through way too much and he is FINALLY FOUND A LIFE WORTH LIVING AND OPENED HIMSELF UP TO LOVE AGAIN and now she’s gone. I think it would have been better to replace her. Shame on the writers.

31. Melinda says:

Additionally, when is the new Abby making her appearance? Before Chad has completely fallen for Gabi? If you can replace her and make his life better, replace Theresa.

32. Carrie Glans says:

I want the old Teresa and Abby to stay:(:((

33. AJ Damron says:

I think it is a huge loss to the cast. She is great actress. I love her and Brady together. Keep Jen. Lose Abby

34. Darryl Barker says:

Jen Lilley is a GREAT asset to Days of Our Lives..Saddened that you chose to write her off..a murder or suicide or car accident would have been a MORE BELIEVE ABLE Story compared to the ridiculous way you wrote her off (Brady And Teresa had such a New Deep Love, that Teresa would have given her right arm to tell Brady to help her from her past and Brady would have saved her and loved her, but Noooo, the stupid story of drugs and lies..sorry, very dissappointed with the writing,I do however give full Credit, Emmy Performance to Jen Lilley…she Is Great..we will most definitely miss her.Please do not hook Brady up with a new love interest and for God’s sake steer away from the Chad/Gabby togetherness (puke)

35. Suzanne Lordi says:

I think she should come back. Her part was so believable and a good and very pretty actress. Please bring her back.