Homeland Season 6

Homeland: Quinn's Fate Revealed!

It’s a miracle!

Despite the fact that a critically wounded Quinn was last seen crossing over to the proverbial light in Homeland‘s Season 5 finale, Rupert Friend will return to the Showtime thriller in Season 6 as a full-fledged series regular, TVLine has confirmed.

“I hope he enjoys eating through a tube,” showrunner Alex Gansa joked to EW.com, before adding, “How [Quinn] is gonna be dramatized this year is going to surprise people, and it may not be what you think.”

Friend revealed to the site that Quinn will emerge from his near-death experience a changed man, one more willing to show his intimate and personal side.

Back in January, Showtime programming chief Gary Levine hinted at Quinn’s survival, telling reporters at the Television Critics Assoc. winter press tour, “If he should live, it will not be — in any way, shape or form — the way he has lived to date.”

VIDEOS 24: Watch Trailer for Fox’s Legacy

Homeland‘s sixth season will be set (and shot) in New York City, and will take place during the two month period between Election Day and the swearing in of the new POTUS. “There is this strange period in America where there are 72 days when it’s not exactly clear who’s in charge, and there is a new president that needs to be educated on what it means to be president,” Gansa explained to EW.com. “That is a very complex transfer of power filled with all kinds of anxiety and different competing interests… it’s a dangerous time in our democracy.”

1. Laura says:

Thank god, they just bought themselves one more season with my viewership, last season was awful…. especially the Quinn storyline.

• N!loofar says:

Quinn’s deathcapades were beyond stupid. the jihadis, the jesus lights, cold war story of a russian mole(even with Miranda Otto’s great performance),boring & annoying characters(Laura, Jonas, Otto).

• I know it would have kept everyone up at night at the production if they didn’t have your viewership anymore Laura. Great we get to keep you on board!

• Laura says:

Tim, how dull your life must be that you have to defend a TV show’s honour. It’s a comment section, the whole POINT is to voice your opinions about the article just above. So basically, I’m not allowed to state that I was displeased with a character’s storyline last season so much that I considered ceasing watching because YOU happen to disagree and decided to try to make me feel small for making a personal comment in the, wait for it, COMMENT section. How sad for you that you have nothing else to contribute to the conversation.

• WCAston says:

Read what you just wrote and then tell us who’s the crazy one. It’s a TV show meant to entertain. Don’t like it, don’t watch. Your online rant about it is just as valuable as every other comment.

2. Guest says:

Very happy that Quinn will be back for Season 6. He is one of my favorite characters on the show … and “yes” I ship Quinn and Carrie.

• angela pink says:

I love Quinn and was very worried that he may not comeback in season 6 but after reading this article, I am trill to know that he will be back! I just love Homeland, the best tv show ever!

3. Straight up the hear to this show…I am so glad he is going to live!

4. Kevin K says:

Thank goodness. Peter Quinn may have pulled a Jon Snow on us but I don’t know if he’s going to be a changed man when the new season begins. Not so sure if Homeland should end after seven seasons which is my guess.

5. Don’t neuter Quinn; that’s not the Quinn Carrie needs. Also news for Gansa – there’s no question who is in charge between election and inauguration. The President is President until the new president is sworn in at noon on Jan. 20th.

6. BillyBobJohnson says:

If they had killed him off, no one would have watched this season. After losing Damian Lewis, even though it was necessary, this would have been too much.

7. Bwhit says:

This is great news! Now please, quit torturing the man… I think he’s been through enough at this point.

8. Marty_55 says:

Wait, was this an interview with GG about Gibbs? I really like both shows, but that sure sounded the same!

9. Hellas13 says:

Not surprising, but that might be the final straw for me. Bye bye Homeland, you were good for 2 seasons,

10. niloofar says:

Of course he’s alive, without him two old guys bickering with Carrie. Who wants that?

11. Allie says:

I totally want to see Diego Klattenhoff come back as Uncle Mike. I’m sick of The Blacklist and want to see him on a good show.

12. Mollytanner says:

I thought Season 5 was the best since the first. To be honest, I would rather have Astrid back than Quinn. Quinn’s letter to Carrie was so beautiful, and it was the perfect place to conclude his story. I am intrigued and skeptical, and would prefer Carrie and Quinn’s relationship to be an intense friendship/partnership. Delving into Carrie’s romantic life hasn’t been a strong suit post-Brody S1.

13. Fosho says:

TVLine can now confirm I have a reason to watch season 6. I don’t think there was anything I liked about season 5, especially Quinn’s storyline but at least Rupert made tuning in bareable. Hopefully, this season will be more like season 4 and be something I can rave about again. I felt bad last year after convincing my sister to watch the show. Thank gawd Quinn is alive.

14. GREAT, THEY REALLY MISUSED HIM IN SEASON 5…GOOD TO HAVE HIM AS A SERIES REGULAR

15. Efi says:

Ha!! I was right! The light she saw was the ‘hope’ that entered the room. It was the moment that she decided not to kill him.

16. Annie Sisk says:

Look, I’m happy to have Friend on my screen – any screen, really, for any reason – but this feels like a cheat. After the season 5 “Quinn Death March 2015” having him survive all that is just … not credible.

17. Rachel says:

I had given up on Homeland and deleted it from my TiVo. Looks like I’ll be watching again.

18. danielle says:

he better survive season 6!!

19. Wendy says:

Yay! So glad there’s more to the Peter Quinn story. I’m guessing he’s going to be a physical wreck/incapacitated, but he will give them all the spy smarts that he has for the urgent mission.

20. Ella says:

As much as I love Rupert Friend and Quinn, his character surviving last season’s ordeal seems a bit ridiculous. Plus, I have never shipped him with Carrie so I certainly hope that’s not what they’re alluding to. I actually really liked Carrie’s German boyfriend last season.

21. Guest says:

Thank goodness Quinn will be back. Hardcore yet a heart of gold. He truly adds the addicting point to this show. Carrie needs Quinn emotionally because they are so much alike in many ways yet different too. Just an undeniable chemistry for these two. Don’t take forever getting these two in a relationship. This show is just awesome‼️👍👍

22. Jane says:

It’s about time! Quinn and Carrie!! So excited for the next season

23. Jessica Huck says:

I hope Carrie and Quinn would get together already!!

24. maria demeo says:

Great. I am so glad the Quinn character will return.

25. angela pink says:

I watched many tv shows but Homeland is the best! Please, keep it going and please, keep Quinn alive, he is the best. I watched all Criminal Mind, Law and Order and etc.. Homeland is the only show I can’t get enough of it. Love every episode and keep going without ending anytime soon! My dream is that Homeland will stay for many years to come. My whole family loves this show.

26. Gabby Johnson says:

27. Vicky says:

It looked as if Carrie had smothered Quinn with a pillow at the end of last season’s last episode. I hope there will be a flashback to show how he survived.

28. I’d like to find out more? I’d care to find out more details.