Exclusive

Outlander Sneak Peek: Back in Scotland, a New Fraser Emerges?

Raise your hand if you missed Outlander‘s Jenny (because we sure did). In this exclusive sneak peek at Saturday’s episode (Starz, 9/8c), Jamie’s forthright sister quickly makes up for the months she hasn’t been able to harangue her brother… by wasting no time in telling him her thoughts on a visit he’s planning.

“You’re going to see Lord Lovat?” Jenny asks Jamie, who’s in Scotland at Lallybroch with Claire and the rest of the family, in this week’s installment. It’s clear from Jenny’s tone that she thinks the idea is a terrible one… but why? Who is this Lovat fellow? And what might he have to do with Jamie and Claire’s involvement in the impending Jacobite uprising?

Press PLAY on the video above to find out — book readers, of course, will already ken precisely who the Fraser siblings are talking about — then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. A says:

Not a book reader but anyone knows if we’ll see Geillis again in this season?

2. Jessica says:

I love Jenny! She’s smart, beautiful and she has got the balls to stand up to her stubborn brother and tell it like it is. I hope to see more of her.

• Viv says:

Jenny’s my favorite character! That actor is amazing. I’m hoping since they didn’t cast a physical version of Bree that the actor they cast will be characteristically more like Jenny — spit&fire…

3. Anne says:

Thank goodness they’re back in Scotland. I’m behind a few episodes because France has been so boring

4. Rae Ann McCardell says:

Tom Felton would be an amazing Lord John!

5. Two questions:

Does Fergus go with them to Scotland? He’s become my favorite real fast!

Does the opening song go back to being in English only? I missed singing along haha :)

6. Momof3inNY says:

So, I have seen a FB post that states that Outlander will be moved to be shown on Sunday’s, instead of Saturday’s after season 2. While I find that move ill advised, it would mean there would be a season 3.

• Sarah says:

It’s already on Sundays in Canada and doing fine. Considering that Sunday is one of the biggest nights in tv-scheduling-land, and Saturdays are largely reserved for re-runs, it’s actually a vote of confidence for it to be moved there.

7. Diane says:

I think Charlie Hunam would be perfect for Lord John or Rupert Friend done blonde.

8. Barbara Eusace says:

Having read the outlander series and the Lord John books I think Tom Felton comes the closest to what I think he looks like.

9. Megan says:

I think Charlie Hunnam would be perfect! He’s a brilliant actor if you’ve seen Sons of Anarchy. He brings the character he’s playing to an exceptional level. He would fit perfectly with Sam and Caitriona.

10. Liz Czepiel says:

I’m leaning more to Ryan Kwanten as he has the “effeminate” bone structure I always imagined LJG to have as well as being talented enough to do the role justice! Oscar Kennedy has been cast to play the teenage character :-)

• scmaize says:

Ryan Kwanten is actually older than Sam Heughan, plus he’s Australian, and this show seems committed to UK actors. Even Brianna, who should be American, will be played by a Brit. Have you seen Toby Regbo? He also has more delicate features, and is younger and British. What do you think of him?

• Sarah says:

Catriona Balfe is Irish and Lotte Verbeek is Dutch, so they are definitely ok with casting non-Brits. Even Sam Heughan is putting on an accent (fairly obviously so). And Australians frequently get cast on British TV – their limited options at home make them the best of us at doing accents! I’d say, if anything, they seem to go for lesser-internationally-known actors (probably because they cost less, considering the budget for everything else) so I would expect they’ll pick a great actor you’ve never heard of.

• Misti says:

I adore Toby! I have to say he’s not what my mind conjured up for Lord John, but the more I think of it, the easier it is to shift that mental image to fit Toby’s features. I like that suggestion more than pretty much any other one I’ve heard (although I still figure they’ll go with a relatively unknown… then again, I guess you may not know Toby unless you’ve watched Reign. LOL!)

11. Judith A Milbert says:

Just love Outlander… !

12. Dan Stevens, Neil Jackson or Tom Mison resemble the Lord John in MY mind’s eye!

13. Anne Maree says:

Lord John : 1. Tom Felton, 2. Tom Milson, 3. Dan Stevens. The rest are too masculine.

14. Vicki says:

Dan Stevens fits what I imagined Lord John looked like as I read the books. Didn’t much care for LJG to begin with, coming off the whole Black Jack Randall thing, but LJG grew on me and I wound up liking him a lot.

15. merc says:

James Scott

16. Yana says:

Jamie Campbell-Bower for Lord John

17. I think Rupert Friend would be a good Lord John.

18. Jackie Meier says:

Lord John should be played by Guy Pearce. I see no one but him when I read his parts

19. A. Hawkins says:

I like Dan Stephens for John Grey.