Limitless cancelled cbs

Limitless Cancelled: No Season 2 on 'Any Platform,' Says EP

Limitless has a limit, after all.

After failing to get a Season 2 renewal from CBS, the series has run out of options.

“I’m truly sad to report that Limitless will not continue on any platform,” executive producer Craig Sweeney tweeted Wednesday afternoon. “Thanks so much to everyone who watched.”

Per The Hollywood Reporter, both Amazon and Netflix passed on picking up the CBS drama.

The series’ season finale — which now will serve as its series finale — aired April 26.

Will you miss Limitless? Or are you OK with it being a one-and-done series? Sound off below!

1. T H says:

I knew the odds were slim, but still…to have it irrevocably gone hits me hard. This year was the harshest when it came to the fates of my beloved bubble shows.

• veronica says:

it’s getting too hard to watch shows in their freshman year bc you get attached and then they get cancelled. which is why freshman shows have low ratings and end up bubbled:(

• Dorothy says:

some months ago i was not a rich person but one day my friend told about online job i
      start my work online and get 100$per hour continued…..,,,,,,http;//www.55easyline.com…

• steve nice says:

2 the show got off to a good start and had many opportunities to explore a future where leveling out the stratification of intellect in this world would surely lead us in a new and dramatic direction. Our creators rejoin us on earth and explain how we got here and how, as time travelers, we had to go through the past 4000 years to recapture our humanity which was lost when we allowed machines with artificial intelligence to judge us humans as we wasted time playing Pokémon go. They took away our privileges and we had to come back in time to remember not to play that or any other games that steal our time and bury our noses further into a smart? phone. Show could gave been perfect…

• This was actually a show I tried to watch in real time instead of the DVR, so disappointed.

• NC says:

Binge watched it on Netflix! Absolutely LOVED it! So sad it wasn’t picked up for a second season!

• Oregon Thea says:

There’s a new rumor that Limitless still may have a chance at a season 2 with enough fans pushing for more… http://www.parentherald.com/articles/63216/20160824/limitless-season-2-now-in-the-works-bradley-cooper-finally-saves-the-show.htm

COME ON PEOPLE! SPEAK UP!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

That “website” (and the one it links to) is pure hooey, there is no new “rumor” or “news.” Just someone preying on vulnerable, hurting fans.

• Oregon Thea says:

I admit it’s not a news story, but there is some hope bc at least it is still being talked about at all. Limitless deserves to be talked about. I may be a hurting fan, but I dont think it preys on anyone to know it’s at least being thought about still. Some of us aren’t ready to just shrug and go on. I’d rather try to believe there’s some slim chance Bradley Cooper may indeed be approaching other networks as they mentioned than to just think there is no chance whatsoever.

• Joe says:

I feel if they aren’t going to have a 2nd season then they shouldn’t have any cliffhangers or give any inclination that there will be another season. It’s bunch of nonsense!! And then netflix passes it up with all the stupid shows they air on Netflix I’m surprised that they didn’t pick it up .

• Barb says:

By the time the channels decide 2 cancel ,the shows have finished taping the whole season!
        Lots of people said they binged watched the 1st season on Netflix!
        Heard show lost viewers,later on n season!
        Might b why nobody picking it up!
        As for me,1 of my reg shows,w/a lot of yrs invested n watching, came bk on & unfortunately i had 2 choose!
        I hoped it would b renewed & i could catch ones i missed w/reruns!
        Im sure i wasnt the only one this happened 2!
        For lower viewing episodes,they could do encores,repeats & marathon!
        Its not always the show,its the schedule!

2. Wordsmith says:

Sad to hear. This show started with such potential, and they finished strong, but so much of the middle of the season wandered away from the slick concept and got lost in goofy fantasy sequences and hijinks.

• I stopped watching at mid-season and never came back.

• TVg says:

me too , it became unwatchable and idiotic

• ninamags says:

Exactly this! Except I actually kept it on and completely ignored it while goofing-off on my iPad.

It did get ridiculous towards the middle and it just got too convoluted, even for me.

• KLS says:

It was the man in the dinosaur outfit and word substitution episode mid-season that did it for me. Unwatchable. I came back 3 eps later and all was forgiven, but I think they lost a lot of viewers with that one awful ep.

• Garrett says:

I would 100% agree. That was one of the worst episodes of the bunch.

There were plenty of great episodes, and the series started strong. If they would have kept going with generally the same success formula they began with, as well as avoided taking 1-2 month breaks between episode bursts, it would have had a far greater life. And there would have been a consistent fan base. The breaks really really hurt their fan following, as people would get excited for the show, then find out that it won’t be on for another bunch of weeks.

• i agree that one sucked…they were going for the bigger demographic.. the one that can’t hang with cerebral story lines.

• M. Gibbs says:

I agree it was hard at first. But once I got my head around it I enjoyed it s lot. By the end I found the word substitutions very amusing.

• Christy Wright says:

I didn’t mind the dinosaur guy. He was thinking about a childhood show that taught him values. He shifted his thoughts from the gory murder scene. It was a technique he used to maintain his self and cont to be the child like happy go lucky man that we love in the show.

• Gus says:

I agree with you on the stupid episode using substitute words. It was sillyn but thankfully that faded away.

• PVL says:

SIGH poor you….

• Eurydice says:

Yeah, I stopped watching, too. The show was like Psych, only with pills.

• swede700 says:

While I don’t necessarily agree with your comment, as there was no real Gus to Brian’s version of Shawn, I did enjoy the show and am disappointed it will not return, because I would have liked to see how they would proceeded, as it’s potential was, pardon the pun, limited.

I’m actually more disappointed that “The Player” was cancelled so soon, because while the concept was a little funky, I enjoyed that show actually much moreso than this one.

• Barb says:

No,i couldnt stand 2 watch Psych every week,but here or there ok!
        He pretended 2 b Psych,
        Limitless more believeable w/ pills making him smarter!

Just liked characters & show better 4 Limitless! Most of the episodes kept my attention!

• Gerald says:

What are you talking about the show just got better and better. The goofy fantasy sequences is what made the show unique and helped explain things in an entertaining way. Truly one of my favorites from last season. And the ratings were good (not great) the leads were Very likeable. I could have watched them for many seasons. This was a tragedy to be cancelled. That said the season finale was a satisfying as a series finale.

• Kathryn says:

I’m just one of many. But I loved it. Funny, serious, thoughtful, tricky, out of the ordinary! Loved it. Loved the cast.

• Manuela McGee says:

if.. somehow.. it was too goofy, but NCSI isn’t. then you lack the brain power to appreciate this show for what it was: absolutely brilliant. Too many shows on TV are brainless, senseless, flat crap. Somebody comes up with something new, and the cow-herd can’t deal with it… I am truly sad about this show’s passing.

• Aymen L says:

Agreed

• Oregon Thea says:

I agree! It was a show of range and versatility, experimental… the constant is the likeability of the characters and the willingness to inspire imagination!

• JG says:

My biggest complaint is that Limited didn’t have any idea where they were going. Who cares if Brian outwits everybody. He didn’t have a clue what to do next. I want episodic tv shows that don’t have the protagonist with a hidden agenda. If you have a premise stick with it. It’s what sold your pilot in the first place.

3. Sam says:

for those who are complaining that it is cbs’s fault, you should be blaming the Americans for not watching this awesome show.

• grazelled says:

If CBS had kept it for another season then maybe we the AMERICANs would have had more people watch it. I was watching it. Not everything is the Americans’ fault.

• grazelled says:

BTW this is one of the few new shows of last season I loved and was hoping would be renewed. Liked more than Code Black which takes itself too seriously. I also was a big Psych fan so I guess those kinds of fun shows aren’t going to be made anymore.

• tvjunkie says:

LOL. You don’t pay any attention to ratings do you? The vast majority of shows lose viewers with every new season.

• What i do blame is that primetime shows are still determined by an old rating system that somehow equates several thousand to millions. A rating system we have no use for in the age of Hulu, Netflix and other streaming and buying services. ugh…

4. Katherine says:

Limitless was unique and too good for cbs. It makes me so angry and mad they couldn’t do better for the character and the show. At least they had a proper end to it.

5. David Ferry says:

Booooooo!

6. njartist says:

I was not surprised at what happened. Watching the last episode I realized
    that once everyone knew about that drug Limitless painted itself into a corner.
    Still there were some possibilities left in the overall plot for another season.
    I guess will never know if Brain found his girlfriend. I felt that while Limitless
    had potential the pacing & story line per episode were at best uneven. If CBS
    did not have so many successfull returning series and a choice of new ones
    Limitless would have gotten another chance.

• Donna says:

CBS renewed tired, boring medical procedural Code Black, whose ratings were WORSE than Limitless’s, for a 2nd season. And they picked up MacGyver despite hating its pilot so much they fired the writers, the showrunner, and most of the cast, thinking its name along makes it a good bet. No, this has nothing to do with too many successful choices and everything to do with eschewing originality and doubling down on what they think are safe choices.

• Lexi says:

So agree with you.. I will not watch any of CBS NEW Series!!!

• But there is that other kevin james sitcom and that other sitcom with matt le blanc…. because you know that, plus training day and mcguyver, clearly they are stuck 20 years ago.

• Holly Bejarano says:

I have to disagree about code black. They are a completely different type of show. I think Code Black was the best new show this season.

• Barb says:

I agree w/ u,Code Black is a diff medical show than others!
          But i think they r shooting themselves n the foot!
          They letting 2 of their better actors go,b/c of their age!
          Dr.Neil Hudson,under Leanne,& Christa Lorenson(Blonde)
          & replacing them w/ G.S.
          Jullian Murray,Dr.Heather Pinkrey,who is playing games between Dr.Angus Leighton & Mario Savetti!
          I’ll give it a chance,but
          I already disliked her immature character,so we will c!
          As far as MacGyver, nothing against actor,but his character’s personality is Nothing like him!
          Good 2 c George Eads (CSI,Nick)back!
          2 soon 2 bring back,but again i will give it a chance!

• Sarahliz says:

He found her at the very end.

7. farleyc says:

Nooooooo! So bummed!

8. Ann says:

I am starting to hate the powers to be! We need shows with humor and seriousness and characters you can really like and not just tolerate. All the reality shows are a sad substitute for entertainment. Limitless was a lighthearted story with likable people with interesting lives! Boo to CBS!

9. MzTeaze says:

That really sucks.

10. Scott says:

I actually really enjoyed this series… Hopefully it will come back in the future…

11. The Viewing Public says:

I knew it! the lead guy/hipster is extremely annoying and unlikable! ever since GREEK on AbcFamily. HUGE miscast and it appears Bradley Cooper means nothing.

12. Kayla says:

NOOOOOOOOOO! My only tv casualty this season too.

13. mgl says:

I will miss it. I thought it was one of the better new series of 2015/2016. But, I learned this before, never invest in a show on CBS.

• Gern Blanston says:

No kidding. Fox gets a lot of hate for how they handle shows and it has been earned, but CBS is just as bad.

14. Sue S says:

So sad to hear this – Brian Finch was a great character and the occasional appearances of Bradley Cooper wasn’t too hard on the eyes. I hope Jake McDorman finds a new series soon – I am a fan>

• dreader says:

I was surprised at first that Bradley Cooper was reprising his role in a recurring basis. I guess it wasn’t enough to help the show. We’ll never know what happened to Edward Morra now.

15. Leah says:

This is why I don’t watch CBS. They like to stick to their standby’s and hate trying anything new. I really wished USA or another cable network picked them up. Limitless had so much going for it and set up such a great potential season 2. I’m really sad to see this series go.

16. Kristina says:

Dammit. I really enjoyed this how.

17. Donna says:

What a shame.

18. George H. says:

Well, that sucks. Really enjoyed the show. Was hoping someone would pick it up for another season. Anyway, at least the finale didn’t leave us with a cliffhanger, and could work well as a series finale too.

19. Bella says:

Agent Carter, The Muppets and now Limitless. All my favorite shows this year are now cancelled.

20. Brooke says:

Thank you CBS for cancelling another great show (Battle Creek anyone). Thanks to their wonderful time shifting, presumptions and Inconsistent scheduling audiences never knew when to watch. Ugh. So sad.

21. M.Sutcliffe says:

Not surprised at all, it is absolutely dire.

22. What a shame – charming, intriguing show.

23. Eric says:

This was a phenomenal show, and one of only a half-dozen or so network shows that I still bothered to watch. Very original and fun, and I will miss it very much. This just goes to prove that good TV can only survive on cable or streaming services these days. You done goofed, CBS.

24. Kevin K says:

CBS can’t find enough room for Limitless in its prime time schedule. The Eye network may have plans to have their shows put into retirement.

25. Jason says:

Well, that sucks. Every year there seems to be one truly underrated new show that gets canceled at the end of it’s first season. Now Limitless can join the ranks of shows like Forever and Almost Human.

26. ilyse fein says:

I wanted to see Limitless continue

27. valerie tower says:

Huge bummer. I will miss this show.

28. M3rc_Nate says:

Hate this. I LOVED this show. It was so good which is SO rare for network TV to have. Huge bummer.

29. TIOLI says:

I knew it would probably end this way…I wish it could have continued.

30. Morisot says:

Ditto the “Nooooooooo”s !!!

31. Whimsical says:

When the vast majority of CBS’ new shows flop (seriously, they all look awful) CBS will wind up regretting this.

32. Kelly Dieumegarde says:

I personally liked limitless and was looking forward to see more. Maybe something like it will air and be scored higher. Sad when a show only has one season. Good luck to everyone!

33. Larc says:

This is a travesty. CBS kept some worse rated junk. Here’s a vote for Jake McDorman to replace Michael Weatherly on NCIS.

34. njartist says:

Perhaps Limitless could return as a summer series?

35. Morgan says:

Ugh. Teeniest silver lining is that the finale functioned well as a series finale as well. But still. Ugh.

36. A. D. says:

This sucks! This was a great show!

37. Patricia Klassy says:

I am sad about this and have decided not to take a chance on becoming a fan of any new CBS series until it is renewed.

38. Joey Padron says:

Sad news. Gonna miss the show so much. CBS mess up not renewing it for season 2.

39. Lizz says:

I was not viewer of Limitless but I feel for those who were fans of the series.

40. pamela guyon says:

I truly enjoyed this show. It was unique, funny and very entertaining. I found Jake McDorman to be quite talented in that he could be very funny or tragic. I hope he goes far. It seems that the more creative series do not attract audiences as they used to, like Lost, the X-Fiies and more. People really need to rally around these shows, not when they are on the brink of being cancelled. Shall we rally for this? It is never too late!

41. Ruth says:

Well hell. It was a decent show. I wish Bradley Cooper had more pull as an EP. This makes the 4th show canceled that I watched. Very sad:(

• Jared says:

I also thought Bradley Cooper’s involvement (and occasional guest appearance) would somehow save the show. Guess not!

42. JMark (formerly JM) says:

I hate CBS!

43. Alichat says:

Dammitalltohell!! Come on! I loved that show!

44. Ryder Bodoin says:

Limitless was the show I was looking forward to most next season. Can’t believe such a great show is being cancelled.

45. Ray says:

Oh god…I hope Nashville has a different outcome.

• George H. says:

Dunno if you’re being sarcastic… but hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Nashville was officially cancelled already, same time Castle was.

• Ray says:

I wasn’t. I’m referencing the fact that Lionsgate is currently shopping Nashville around, though there has been no final word.

• George H. says:

Oh, okay. Didn’t know it was being shopped around like Limitless was. Well, hopefully it turns out well for the show.

46. Sheila says:

Nuts! I really enjoyed the show!

47. leo says:

This show is stupid. It makes no sense whatsoever.

• JG says:

Maybe it’s better if we took the drug Brian did. On second thought. Nope. I was wrong.

• As much as I liked this show, after like 10 episodes, it kind of started to show that it would not go that far. The thing with him taking the drug, they almost seemed to down play that after a bit. The fact that he did what he did, for the government, just, I don’t know, what could they have done with it? Some things can be done in a movie, some in a show. The idea that is Limitless was good for a couple of hours, in a movie, but in a show, there was no way they could have kept it going.

• schmed says:

I don’t know. As a premise for a procedural it was fine, as long as they came up with good cases of the week. The problem (as many have noted in these comments) was what to do once Brian was no longer “special” and NZT flooded the market. I think they could have worked with that, though. One of the most amazing things about the show was its implicit, and often explicit mediation on drug use, underlined by making Brian a pothead. I can’t help wondering whether that had something to do with the show’s cancellation–some nervousness about a show that cheekily endorsed “Better Living Through Chemistry.” But, of course, even that charge would be unfair, as the show was fully aware of that tension.

48. Tahoe Mike says:

Last year it was Forever, this year it’s Limitless. I sure can pick ’em.

49. pAloma says:

R.I.P. Brian. I will miss you.

50. JimC says:

What bothers is the trash CBS decided to keep. Limitless was young and vibrant…not a good fit with a station made for fossils. Glad Supergirl moved on to a more appropriate place as well.

• schmed says:

Just to second your point: I always forgot that “Limitless” was on CBS; I found myself thinking it was an ABC show. I don’t think CBS knows what a younger-skewing drama would look like.

• Malcolm Washington says:

They don’t. That’s why they were like “younger audience? better make the lead a stoner man-child. That’s what cool kids do right?”