Does iZombie take place in Seattle, or… Peyton Place? (Sorry. I had to.)
Aly Michalka — who has recurred as Liv’s best friend Peyton for the last two seasons — has been promoted to series regular for the CW dramedy’s third year, EW.com reports.
Season 3 of iZombie will debut at midseason, along with The 100, Reign and freshman drama Riverdale.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* To commemorate the one-year anniversary of Mad Men‘s series finale, more than 1,500 props and memorabilia from the show — including Don’s wallet and Peggy’s typewriter — will be auctioned off at ScreenBid.com. The bidding will begin on Wednesday, June 1, and end on Wednesday, June 15 (though some items will be closed for bidding as of June 13, to ship in time for Father’s Day).
* Ahead of its Season 2 premiere on June 15, Comedy Central’s historical satire Another Period has been renewed for a third season.
* BET’s Being Mary Jane Season 4 has found a new showrunner, in Erica Shelton Kodish (The Good Wife, Cold Case), our sister site Deadline reports.
* Showtime is teaming with filmmakers R.J. Cutler and John Battsek for a documentary about the late comedian John Belushi. Production on the film will begin this fall, with cooperation from Belushi’s widow, Judith Belushi Pisano.
* Oxygen has greenlit the reality series Strut, which counts Whoopi Goldberg among its executive producers. Premiering later this year, the project follows a set of driven transgender models who are pursuing their dreams of becoming household names in the fashion industry, while challenging stereotypes of gender and beauty.