Happy Endings Season 4

Happy Endings Revival: Is There New Hope for Season 4?

We know: That headline reads as if the news contained in this article is going to be amahzing. But it’s only potentially amahzing. You see, although Happy Endings creator David Caspe and his cast would be delighted to regroup for a revival of their prematurely cancelled ABC sitcom, they’ve yet to receive an offer that they couldn’t refuse.

Actually, they’ve yet to receive an offer that they could even consider seriously. “A lot of [them] have been to do, like, six episodes shot on an iPhone,” Caspe said at a Vulture Festival Happy Endings reunion (per the Huffington Post). That’s “not what anyone wants.”

Since the panel discussion was sponsored by Hulu, it could be a seen as a sign of renewed interest in the beloved series on the part of the streaming service (which rescued The Mindy Project from the chopping block after it was axed by Fox). If Hulu did at last pick up Happy Endings — three years later! — Caspe and EP Jonathan Groff suggested that Season 4 might flirt with a romance between Casey Wilson‘s Penny and Zachary Knighton’s Dave.

What do you think? Would you be down with a Penny/Dave pairing? Or would you be down with basically anything that got us another season?

1. T says:

Absolutely down with anything that gets us another season. Jane and Brad are who I miss the most and a little Max for zany!

2. natalia h says:

Yes. Yes, I would. I miss Jane so, so much.

3. Joel Maurice says:

Stop trying to make Dave and Penny a thing. Their chemistry was nonexistent.

4. David4 says:

Best gay character ever on a TV show. Bring it back!!!!

5. Murica! says:

One of the funniest shows I’ve ever seen. I really hope it’s revived for another season.

6. Phillip says:

BRING IT BACK!! I miss it too much!

7. Rebecca says:

Penny Hartz forever! I am all for Dave & Penny, I thought it would’ve been a great storyline..Childhood BFFs fall in love…Let’s gooooo!! The fact they are even open to this has me so excited! I don’t know how many more exclamation points to use!!

8. Andy says:

Loved the show but it’s been too long. It’s time to move on. At the same time, I wouldn’t complain if it did come back.

9. Ray says:

Please please please let it be so!

10. GuessWhat says:

sure, bring it back
    but I wont order stupid HULU for it
    i’ll just wait for the DVD shortly after

11. abby says:

This would be great!

12. E. says:

Yes please! And Hulu would be the perfect place for it!

13. Phil says:

YAY! Except for Dave and Penny. Not really interested in that, as that limits the show too much and is too unrealistic. If it does come back – and I would love more – I really hope it comes back with more of an early season two energy than season three. The characters diverged from reality a little too much by the end, and the men were especially not acting like real human beings anymore. Still loved it.

14. dananon90 says:

Jane and Brad needed their own spin-off years ago where they finally have a daughter and Max comes to live with them and Max is teaching her the ways of the world. Sorry for the run-on sentence.

15. jenna says:

please bring it back hulu!!

16. Ron says:

I need Brad and Jane back in my life NOW!!!!!

17. Christa says:

OMG, Happy Endings fans miss this show desperately!!! I can’t even begin to explain how much!!! Penny is my absolute favorite character, I love when she sings she’s sooo hilarious! She is very similar to me & my personality so we would be instant BFF’s. As for a story line with Penny & Dave, I don’t care… I’d take anything to get this show back!!!! Is anyone like me & every time you hear on the radio “Take me Home Tonight” still years later you are really singing “STEAK Me Home Tonight”!?!!?!! Can’t even begin to explain how much I loved this show!!!!

18. Beth says:

Bring the show back but don’t make us suffer through Penny & Dave.

19. Paige says:

Yes please!!!!!! I miss the gang. I would love to see them again. Max was my favorite, followed by penny. Jane and Brad made a great case that married characters can be happy and still give great tv. Dave and Alex were better apart than together. Since everything is being rebooted and brought back, can’t we get a mini-series of a amahzing show?!?

20. Joey Padron says:

I would love a season 4 of the show! Hope Hulu can make it happen since they do have 3 seasons of Happy Endings on their streaming service!

21. irishrose4583 says:

so afraid to get my hoeps up but it would be AHMAZING!

22. keylimepie78 says:

Please Hulu, make this happen!!!!

23. I don’t care who hooks up as long as they come back. I still mourn having this classic ripped away from me.

24. MzTeaze says:

I would LOVE to see new episodes of this show.

25. Karen says:

Don’t mess with me, stringing me along. I will take Dave with Jane to get a “happy ending”

26. Ella says:

So down for this. Though I’d prefer if they steer clear of a romance between Penny and Dave – the only characters that work romantically are Brad and Jane.

27. Anna says:

Holy crap, PLEASE bring this show back, Hulu! I need more Brad and Jane in my life. And Dave. And Penny. And Fat Joey…I mean Max.

28. P says:

I refuse to get excited about the idea until anything is actually confirmed. I’m still bummed out about the countdown clock prank from last year. But should it ever really happen, I’ll be very excited.

But that’s a definite no on the idea of Dave and Penny. I could never see them together. I always saw Penny with someone more… I wanna say masculine maybe? Not Dave. Those two always had more of a sibling vibe IMO. Much preferred him with Alex.

29. Aquaman02 says:

Bring it back!!!!!!! Best show on television. That would truly be AMHAZZZZING!

30. Angel says:

I just want the show back! <3 but no penny and dave. Alex and dave need to end up together. If they dont it will be like the awful ending of how I met your mother all over again

31. Sims says:

I want this so much.

32. Ellie says:

Love this show and would looooove another season!!

33. HCR says:

Loved the show, had no idea of its existence till I stumbled apon it on hulu. Obsessed and have already turned friends and family on to it before I even knew it was canceled. Hope to see it back please !!! *don’t care much for the penny Dave thing but whatever brings the show back on I’m in!

34. Pat Conway says:

Happy Endings is so well written and the actors are so funny keep watching the three seasons over on Hulu

35. Akf says:

Please please please! More Happy endings!! I can Never get enough of Damon Waynes Jr and the crew. I still rent seasons 1-3 from my local library.

36. KDD says:

Anything that will bring this show back!!! Fahh shaaa

37. Roberta says:

Noooo! Not penny and Dave! I love the show and would love to see it back! And although, I’m not sure which route they should go… I don’t think Penny & Dave would be the way to go.

38. Berta says:

Noooo! Not Penny & Dave. I want to see the show back! I love it so much! Put stop trying to make Penny & Dave a thing, it’s not there with them.

39. maryhoma1969 says:

Love the show would just love another season.

40. Divene says:

Absolutely anything as long as we get more seasons. Love the show

41. EJ says:

Being a sitcom lover, Happy Endings so far made me laugh so hard (by myself haha) just by their playful characters, whimsical diversity and witty lines!! All SAH KYAH!..Please Please Please come back okayyyy, “bhuhhh-yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!”

42. TFowl says:

Anything would be great! I would even get Hulu if I had to. Jane and Brad all day everyday.

43. Jillian says:

this would be so amahzing!!! I love this show!

44. Sushil Rai says:

Man… who in the right mind cancel this show? Best cast in any show all funny and charming. I wouldn’t even need a plot just watch them talk and hang..

45. Tyler says:

Bring the show back but absolutely no Dave and Penny!!! Dave and Alex are hilarious and Penny is funnier with the randoms.

46. I want another season i dont care what happens. Why do they always cancel the great shows. And leave the same boring crapt on t.v. i want happy endings it is truly amahzing…..😉

47. Brent Miller says:

I would absolutely love to have the show come back for many more seasons. Alex was so funny. I miss the whole show. I just watched all 3 seasons again on Hulu. Come on back!!