Fargo Ewan McGregor Cast

Fargo Signs Ewan McGregor to Play Dual Role in Season 3

Since the only thing that could possibly be better than one Ewan McGregor is two Ewan McGregors, FX’s Fargo has tapped the young Obi-Wan Kenobi to play a pair of lead roles — brothers, in fact — in its upcoming third season, our sister site Deadline reports.

Said to be set closer to the present than Seasons 1 and 2 were, Season 3 of the Emmy-winning anthology series focuses on good-looking, self-assured real estate magnate Emmit Stussy — aka the Parking Lot King of Minnesota — and his younger sibling and antithesis, Ray, a flabby parole officer who believes that Emmit is somehow responsible for his sorry state of affairs. (Cue the conflict in 3, 2… )

Production on Season 3 is tentatively scheduled to begin later this year, with new episodes dropping in 2017. Thus far, the only actor who’s been signed is McGregor, who also stars opposite Jennifer Connelly and Dakota Fanning in the fall feature American Pastoral and is currently working on T2: Trainspotting 2, a sequel to his 1996 hit.

What do you think? Will the Moulin Rouge star and sometime Jedi be a good fit in Fargo? Who would you like to see headline a season? Hit the comments.

1. Bob says:

Please cancel this show.

• Simon says:

What in the world is wrong with you? I’m wondering if it’s because you think season 1 and 2 of Fargo were so amazing (which they were) and you don’t want them to ruin with a possible bad season, rather let them go out on top OR you are a complete fool.

• wrstlgirl says:

Really?!?! If you don’t like a show then why read articles about them. Why wish them cancelled. Just don’t watch it, it’s that simple.

2. Red Snapper says:

My immediate reaction was, F*** Yeah! I will watch him in anything. I’ve been in love with him since I was 12 and my brother made me watch Trainspotting with him. It was his version of the don’t do drugs speech. I have seen everything he has been in and have often wondered how he’d do in television. It must be some script and role to get him onto the small screen. I am very excited.

3. wrstlgirl says:

I love Ewan McGregor. This is great news!!

4. Hellas13 says:

Hopefully season 3 will be better than season 2. Can’t expect it to be as good as the 1st, but 2 was not that good.

• drhenning says:

to each his own.. to me, Season 2 was better than Season 1 but both were better than most anything on TV..

5. Joey Padron says:

Great casting news for season 3! Ewan McGregor is a great actor. Can’t wait for the show to be back next year!

6. Guy says:

Just when you think Fargo couldn’t get any better, they cast a bamf like McGregor. So excited for this. Best show on TV (or at least tied with The Americans).

7. LABete says:

Man, Fargo keeps getting better and better! Ewan McGregor is an awesome actor, confirming that great casting is one of the greatest strengths of this show. I can’t wait for S3!

8. Julia says:

He better clear a spot on the shelf for his inevitable Emmy

9. Ewan McGregor is a very talented actor I’ve watched and loved everything he’s done, so for him to join Fargo is amazing news ill definitely be watching.