Fall TV Preview
The Originals Season 4 Premiere Date

CW Boss Defends Benching Originals, Touts Next Fall's 'Biggest Ever' Superhero Crossover Event

The Originals failed to secure a spot on The CW’s fall schedule, but there’s no need administer last rites to the Vampire Diaries spinoff.

In a conference call on Thursday morning, network president Mark Pedowitz spoke of his decision to hold the show until midseason, telling reporters, “We have a very strong schedule. We still believe quite a bit in The Originals. We only have 10 hours, so we made a choice to [hold it] to further boost our schedule at midseason.”

Pedowitz also shot down speculation that Vampire Diaries upcoming eighth season would be its last. “No decision has been made one way or the other,” he maintained, before adding, “My dream is it isn’t [the final season].

Meanwhile, with Supergirl joining The CW’s already DC-packed stable that includes Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, Pedowitz promised the network’s annual superhero crossover event will be “the biggest one ever.” The exec also remarked that the ex-CBS drama always “should have been” on The CW.

Regarding buzz that Calista Flockhart’s role may be reduced in Season 2 in light of Supergirl‘s move from Los Angeles to Vancouver, Pedowitz said that there are “ongoing discussions” with the actress, adding, “We are thrilled she wants to continue with the show and we’re happy to have her in whatever capacity.”

1. Jason says:

“Whatever capacity” doesn’t sound too promising. This was actually my biggest concern with the move to Vancouver. Calista is one of the central reasons why the show works so I hope they find a solution that doesn’t relegate her to recurring status.

• Becky says:

I agree… I’m not sure the show works the same without Cat Grant… I want Calista there full time….

• datdudemurphy says:

supposedly one of the ideas is that she fly to Vancouver to film multiple episodes worth of scenes at a time….wouldn’t really drop her screen time much, and would allow her to stay in LA for the majority of her time.

• rowan77 says:

Exactly. The MacMurray method.

• mark says:

? U lost me on that one

• Eric says:

It’s a Canada thing.

• rowan77 says:

Years ago (1960-1972), Fred MacMurray played the father in the sitcom My Three Sons. He was in every episode (about between 32-39 each season), but only agreed to work for 9 weeks at the most, so they shot all of his scenes for the whole season in those first nine weeks, then spent the rest of the season shooting without him. No one outside of Hollywood knew of this arrangement at the time as it was almost seamless continuity-wise. Granted there were some mistakes, but every show has continuity issues periodically. Shooting that way became known as the MacMurray method.

• Jeremy says:

What you’re describing is block shooting. That’s not how most US shows work because it would be impossible with the amount of episodes per season. Usually when an episode is filming, the next episode is in production prep and the episode after that is MAYBE in studio or network drafts (which are the earliest drafts). The schedule is tight from first script to shooting (think: a couple of weeks if you’re lucky). Even then, you have to worry about scene rewrites or adjustments to accommodate the actor.

• Belle says:

I completely agree…she created such a great character, I think the show will suffer if they can’t work something out!!! And part-time isn’t an option, she is a major player so it’s all in :)

2. Morgan says:

I call bovine excrement.

• Ray says:

Yes, indeed!

• Jake says:

I am sorry but it is time for the “Originals” and “TVD” to go. The story lines are such a stretch and the same thing over and over… I am not sad that the Originals is being delayed.

• Dave says:

I agree with TVD however I find myself liking the originals a lot over last few episodes. The season started off a bit weak. And I really hope they don’t have a crazy cliffhanger because it’s going to be a long wait

• Sharon says:

I agree, I think the TO has gotten a lot better the past few episodes.

• Ray says:

I also would like more of The Originals, I think its the better show. Ever sense The Originals left the Vampire Diaries the show started feeling flat.Then to lose the leading lady on top of that is very hard. My favorite character on either show was Rebekah so I thought when she left so would I but it has gotten really good.

• Ari says:

I agree and think a shortened season will actually make The Originals better. They’ll be forced to tell their story more efficiently so we’ll get less filler. I’m still hoping they make TVD a shortened season for the same reason. TVD was all filler until maybe their 18th episode this season. Shorten the season and give their spot to The Originals in the spring.

• wrstlgirl says:

I quit watching The Originals a couple seasons ago, I just couldn’t stay with it, thought the stories were terrible so I can’t speak to that one but TVD definitely needs to end.

• Hallie says:

I am not sure how TVD will go on without Damon or Bonnie that makes no sense they should just announce it already then dragging it out. I like the originals a lot better

I don’t watch super girl and have no intentions to but CBS and CW have two different demographics interesting to see if they do well.
            I can’t believe they pushed TO and izombie but kept Jtv and ceg who are the lowest rated shows on the network

• Sher says:

Please keep me informed of the new season of originals when the next season starts it’s now October I don’t know 22ndmaybe just maybe that’s the issue when his significantly got better since you’ve watched it and there’s no notification in the vampire diaries of already started

• Janet dunn says:

I love that.show The originals are the best how could you say that I hope they never go away I enjoy that show so much The originals are the best you need to keep watching the show so that you can see how good it is

• Fan of some shows says:

I watch both TVD and TO, and I prefer The Originals more. The only reason I still watch TVD is because I’m somewhat loyal (wish I wasn’t) to the show and want to be there when it ends(TBH I’m just waiting until Karoline reappears and I like the characters Stefan and Bonnie). The show started to get bad when the originals left and it became the Delena show, TVD needs to end.To me The Originals is a really good show, sure season 3 had a rough start, but what show doesn’t? I’m upset it’s going to have a delayed start, but will that mean it will be on a different night? Hopefully. Hopefully it doesn’t leave off with a good cliffhangers.

• melJ03 says:

I’m hoping since TO is benched it gives TVD the opportunity to bring Klaus back a resurrect Klaroline. Stefan and Caroline don’t have romantic chemistry to me. I love them as bestie though!

• Trista says:

Easy, Jake. some of us still watch The Originals

• Roni7 says:

I actually enjoy TO much more than TVD lately. TVD is very repetitive now while TO has potential. But shows aren’t strong enough separately and ratings look pretty sad. Probably this season they should have merged them again instead of delaying TO

• Ben says:

+1 Ron. TVD need to end for good… and the “leftovers” have to go to The Originals asap.

Currently The Originals seem to be the leading show (you know.. the one with a plot).

3. Adrienne says:

Honestly, I watch Supergirl more for Calista as Cat Grant, and her sort of mentoring of Kara than for anything else.

4. Phun says:

I thought Calista being on the show was a done deal. This does worry me a bit. Cat Grant had the best lines and was such a good mentor for Kara/Supergirl.

• They are probably just working out the kinks (and by that I mean production schedule) to have her still be in the show without having to relocate to Vancouver. Maybe only shooting one or two days a week while still spending the majority of her time in LA.

5. Becky says:

I feel like I must be the in the minority because I think Legends of Tomorrow is crap…. They basically took all the characters I never gave a crap about from arrow and the flash, and then gave them their own show… I gave it 8 episodes and just couldn’t stop thinking about how much it sucks..

• Jerry says:

Oh no you are not alone. My wife and I think it’s pretty bad, and have only been watching on the hope that season two shakes things up. Vandal Savage hasn’t worked as a villain (halfly because of the actor), and them having to come up with reasons for why they don’t kill him each time (because it’s not the finale!) has been a mess.

I hope they regroup and come up with a better story for season 2. The same goes for The Flash – Zoom has become much more boring since the reveal, and it all feels dragged out.

• Rachel says:

Wow I thought I was the only one! You made it father than me, I only made it one episode.

• Jake says:

I disagree, I actually enjoy it, that said, I have always been a Hawkgirl and Canary fan.

• Becky says:

Maybe it’s the actresses playing them, but I can’t stand either one… I can’t seem to make myself care about their characters… I couldn’t do it when they were on Arrow and the Flash and I don’t know why I thought I’d be able to of they had their own show…

• Becky says:

If*

• JenJ says:

I don’t generally like to talk about an actresses looks, but honestly I really don’t like the actress playing Hawkgirl because, 1 she is a terrible actress, and 2, I keep staring at her teeth everytime she speaks because of her overbite. However I do like Sara, but my biggest complaint about the character is the outfit, really doesn’t look like canary-anything. Would have been better if they kept a version of the black canary outfit she used to wear on Arrow, they need Cisco to do some redesigning for her!

• jenna says:

the actress who plays kendra/hawkgirl is imo the weakest part of the show. I don’t think she is a very good actress or has much range. It also annoys me that the majority of the males on the show have or had romantic feelings towards her at some point

• Osiris says:

What I didn’t like about Hawkgirl was instead of being a hero like White Canary, Hawkgirl was always the damsel in distress that the heroes had to come rescue.

• Becky says:

My deep love for Arthur Darvill kept me there much longer than I liked… Lol…

• mstrefugee says:

Don’t give up on it prematurely. They’ve been finding their stride and the last three to four eps have been great. Except for what happened to Leonard… stupid not-time-lords… grumble grumble…

• ? says:

I have hope that season 2 will be much better. Inferring what I can of what the plot will be (superheroes traveling in space rather than time, which the show has struggled with making work logically), plus some cast shake-ups, I hope it will find its footing.

• Sharon says:

I never had any interest in this show from the start.

• TJ says:

I have a hard time watching it. I sort of kept with it in hopes of some crossovers. I’m not a comic book fan so it’s just not entertaining for me. A lot of the acting is stiff. I’m still trying to figure out why Victor Garber would sign on for this at all. I might just wait until this summer and then binge watch the rest…. maybe.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m enjoying it but some episodes are better than others. And now with Snart gone it will be sorely lacking. We’ll see.

• tri says:

I agree. It is not the best show. But I loved the Mick/Snart and Sara bits as they are my favorite characters. I watched through the last ep but beyond I have no idea

• Fan of some shows says:

I agree with you, I like The Flash and all, but it doesn’t make sense to make a show about the characters that I didn’t cared about on The Flash or Arrow. I wished it would go away.

• Mary says:

Heat Wave, Captain Cold, and Sara are the only reasons that I’ve kept watching. Hawkgirl/Kendra has always been the weakest part of the show, and I just can’t root for her.

6. Brittany says:

My love for TV typically stems from pure viewing enjoyment, and I don’t pay too much attention to the behind-the-scenes ongoings. However, in the last year or so, I’ve really grown to be impressed with Mark Pedowitz and his decision making. The CW has completely evolved, and definitely for the better!

• Becky says:

I agree! I was so furious with the CW when they canceled Veronica Mars that I wanted to write the whole network off, I stuck around for Gossip Girl and Supernatural… Now I can’t imagine giving the network up again… Hell I even got the more expensive DirecTV package so I wouldn’t lose the CW!!

• Tom says:

I agree that Mark Pedowitz is doing a very good job. He’s added several shows that garner consistently strong/solid ratings, and has remained loyal to old favorites, such as Supernatural and TVD. He’s brought in many more viewers in the usual target demographics as well, including males. Unlike some other broadcast networks’ top dogs, he has a clear game-plan.

• jenna says:

I agree, he knows his audience and has a clear vision for the network. The CW is quickly becoming one of my most viewed channels and Riverdale is by far the pilot that I’m most looking forward to

7. Diego says:

Oh no, Calista Flockhart was one of the few reasons i watched Supergirl, i hope she doesn’t disappear.

8. Joey Padron says:

I’m excited for big DC crossover event with all DC shows! Hope Calista will stay on Supergirl full time.

9. Summer says:

I mean, the Cat/Kara relationship is one of the central pillars of the show. It would lose a lot by losing Calista.

10. Dj says:

Can someone at Tvline ask if the CW is still looking at spinoffs for Supernatural. Because this season’s 12 episode with Sheriff Mills, Clarie and Alex would have made a great spin-off.

11. Bwhit says:

I want to be annoyed about The Originals because it’s pretty much my favorite show on The CW but he could have cancelled it and been justified and I’m just glad he didn’t. I love the show so much and really wish it was on the fall schedule but if it gets 13-16 episodes and they run pretty consecutively, I’ll be happy. I’m just worried that they are leaving us with a huge cliffhanger to ponder until midseason.

• Becky says:

Yes! I can’t tell you how many shows the CW has canceled over the years Id love to have another 13 episodes of… I never understand why people get sooo mad when shows come back midseason… Just be glad you got more of your show! Lol #ImStillWaitingForSeason4VeronicaMars

12. J says:

I love Calista on Supergirl but wouldn’t be too sad if the writers decided to tighten up her storyline and use that character every other/couple episodes. On another note is their anyway Tom Welling can reprise his role as Clark?!?. I feel like Kara talked so much about him last season.

• Becky says:

I’d love to see Tom!!! He’s my fave Superman/Clark Kent…

• JenJ says:

I would love to see Tom Welling as Clark Kent again, I really miss him on tv! He’s been doing other things though, making movies and he had a tv pilot which I don’t think got picked up, though. He did an interview in February where the question was brought up about the possibility of his appearing in Supergirl, and he said, nobody had asked him. The interview is on YouTube.

So, how about it Berlanti?

13. Gerald says:

Not super keen on the new shows.
    I don’t care about Originals or The 100 being put on hold.
    But I do love iZombie. If any of the other shows fail I hope they bring it back earlier.
    Glad Supergirl is staying on Monday look forward to a cross over with Flash and Arrow (not Legends)

14. Erin Lowrie says:

Super bummed about The Originals being shelved until mid season! I am liking it a lot more than TVD. I hope they don’t shorten the season! Glad Supergirl found a new home!

15. datdudemurphy says:

Any bets on if the “big crossover” becomes the CW’s Crisis event?
    so they can merge worlds and put Supergirl into the Arrowverse?

and yes….Legends is the weakest of the shows, which is saying something…especially when you consider how much Arrow has fallen.

16. Sharon says:

So this definitely means no TVD/TO crossovers now right?

• mik says:

At this point, TVD is 3 years from the Originals timeline so it’ll will most likely not happen in that way. Maybe a character will guest but I wouldn’t call it a cross over unless the timeline in TO changes.

• melJ03 says:

I’m thinking it’ll be a 3 year jump when they bring TO back midseason so when both new seasons start again, they’ll be in the same time frame.

17. Belle says:

As far as The Originals goes, I think a mid-season start is fine…that means less random weeks of no new episodes. I think TV is going more toward that direction anyway. I think before long there will be 3 blocks for all network shows. A Fall season, Sept.-Dec. / Winter-ish Season Jan-May and then Summer season June-Aug. Which will be awesome for viewers, can you imagine not having to wait for 6-8 weeks for hiatuses to be over??!! New shows all year long, and I won’t even miss the standard 20-24 episodes a season…16 really AWESOME eps will be heaven :)

18. Lysh says:

Hopefully Calista will want to do many episodes! She really makes the show. I understand it’d be hard with her family in LA though.
    I watched an interview with Caity Lotz hoping the show would continue to be only 16 episodes. I wonder if LoT is still going to be half or full. It seems better with not as many episodes…less filler.

19. Misty says:

Desr CW, Please keep Kara away from the erroneous Arrow!

20. kar says:

Originals is 100x better than Vampire Diaries. Vampire should have been benched

• Ally Oop says:

Agreed. The Originals is way better! The problem with Vampire Diaries is that they poorly wrote Elena since she became a vampire and they killed off good characters while keeping around and overshowing crappy characters like Caroline and Matt. Vampire Diaries since the early seasons has continuously wrote in great new characters and then killed them off and that has been a poor choice over time because we could sure use some of those characters now.

• melJ03 says:

I agree. TVD writers are very loyal to the core group (damon, stefan, bonnie, caroline, etc) but they’re not interesting enough to keep the show going. It’s the new people they bring in that keep it fresh but somehow, at the end of every season, we’re still only left with the core group (with the exception of Enzo and Alaric). I’m boredddd!! lol Personally, I think separating TVD and TO was the beginning of the end for TVD.

21. Yoko says:

As an adult who likes this show and Vamp D I will NOT be watching any of the CW shows listed in the article. If this is the channel for teens then so be it. I have the spending money when it comes to advertisers, not my children….I’m just saying….

22. Phil says:

I’m really bummed for what this means for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Yes, I am thankful for a second season at all.
    But, if anyone can pull off a marketing campaign to make a move to Friday work, it’s Rachel Bloom. Hopefully CW will consult and involve her and Aline much more in the process than is typical – what do they have to lose?

23. S says:

Given the season ended with Kara no longer being Cat’s assistant, it makes sense that we’d see Cat less. There’s no reason for Kara and Cat to interact daily at work anymore.

24. Shaun says:

Bad news for TVD and Originals,guess we’re not getting any crossovers this year.

25. Ross says:

Um… what about benching iZombie??? Did no one think to ask about that??

26. Jake says:

TVD is just like Charmed…it started out super good, then stayed on TV way past it’s prime. The problem with a lot of these shows is that they focus to much on the “ship” crap and really don’t move forward. I watch a lot of the CW shows but they are so EMO it starts to get annoying. Charmed suffered this fate, Arrow is suffering this fate now as well and now Flash to some degree with Iris and Barry. As far as Arrow, they totally should have killed off Felicity and kept Laurel.

27. jerrired says:

I actually like The Originals a lot better than The Vampire Diaries and Legends of Tomorrow. I wish they would have put those on midseason and kept The Originals as a fall show. I know they’re going to end Friday on a big cliffhanger, which is going to suck to wait for. The Vampire Diaries ended so meh, that I wouldn’t mind at all if I had to wait until spring to find out what happens. But I do understand the decision. The Vampire Diaries has a more loyal fan base who may not bring in the ratings, but definitely create enough buzz for it. Legends is also DC so of course they’re going to try to capitalize on that as much as possible, despite it being kind of so-so as a show. I do wish they would just end TVD already! I still suspect that if Ian decides to leave (as the rumors states), they’ll finally decide to end the series. TVD can work without Elena, but I doubt it could work without having both brothers.

• Karoline says:

Agree, although I love Stefan, the show wouldn’t be the same without Damon. And hey, if they want to bring Stelena and Karoline back for the ending of the series (far stretch I know) I’m all for it.

28. Beth says:

The Originals decision pisses me off!

29. K says:

I lost interest in Supergirl on CBS. Maybe CW can revive it a bit. Not sure I am a fan of delaying The Originals. I think the CW needs diversity in its line up and not just all superhero TV shows. Hey why not pick up Nashville….that would bring an entirely new demographic to the channel.

30. Get rid of Super girl more Originals!!!!!

31. Sarah says:

Are we getting a reduced order of TO as well? 13? 18? Did they say? This sucks.

32. Lauren says:

I really wish they’d make the decision to ax TVD sooner rather than later. I loved the show for many seasons, but its time has come. Besides, many of the main players are leaving by the end of next season. It’d be better for them to plan for it to be the last and write a solid conclusion than leaving its fate hanging until mid or late season. Then, the finale won’t be as good as it could be.

That being said, I think that the Originals could definitely go another season or two, depending on how this one goes. It seems a little less played out to me this far.

Yay for Supergirl joining the CW. I’ve only watched a few episodes so far, but I plan to catch up. I loved the Flash crossover a few weeks ago.

33. B says:

The long wait for the Originals to come back will not be pleasant. That said, no breaks in the schedule and even a slight reduction in the episode total (not much, just a few) could be great. It would make the show really powerful.

34. Vasiliki (Vicky) says:

I hope you don’t shut it down completely….i loved that show!!!

35. zed says:

I was so not surprised to read that the Originals would get midseason. The ratings are not good, and have been weak this season. last ep didn’t even get 800k viewers- I loved the Originals on TVD from day one, and was so excited when they got their show, season one was ok- second season, with the body switching and not having original actors like Nate Buzolic and others-really hurt the show, as well as not putting Klaus and Hayley as the main pairing (I mentioned this before, and again I still say this is one of the main factors this show went down). The main thing is family, but it should show the Crescent family thing too, witches family thing like Davina and Sophie and their coven and how all of them interlap. The whole Hayley and Elijah pairing is very contrived in my opinion. And this season it was very hard to root for the Mikaelson, who just ruin everyone’s lives on the name of family, which is wearing thin now. I know they are anti-heros, but, somehow there must be a balance of hero-anti-hero, otherwise, something in this genre is lacking.
    TVD should have gone out this year – with a bang. what are they going to show when already know it is Delena, Stelena and Bonenzo forever.

• Jess says:

The Originals rating started the slide in season one, when Hayley was front and centre. Phoebe Tonkins is one of the weakest actors on mainstream TV today, and just didn’t pull off being a main female character, that’s why she got shoved to the background in the first place. Hayley/Phoebe has a niche group of fans, but the GA are not impressed. It was an epic mistake to cater to this character, to make her so centric, that and not having all the Originals in the beginning, and building the show around them, was the biggest mistake. If season 4 is Hayley heavy it will sink so hard and so fast.

36. Theresa Halpin says:

CW, I am totally frustrated with you. 3 of my shows that Me and my husband watch religiously are being held until next year. The 100, The Originals and I zombie. (Also love Vampire Diaries ). It’s not right to us fans of these shows to leave us hanging so long. You can try and justify it all you want, but it’s not right.

37. Stacy says:

I love the relationship between Kara and Cat. I hope that doesn’t diminish with the move. That being said, I am so glad CW picked up Supergirl! I was one of those who thought it should have been on CW from the beginning, although CBS did a great job with the show. Melissa Benoist is amazing. The friendship chemistry between her Supergirl character and Grant Gustin’s Flash was pure joy to watch. Can hardly wait for more!

38. Lee says:

maybe they will move the original actors back to TVD. Vampire Diaries is really boring now. They can recast Damon and Bonnie and not miss a beat.

• Bwhit says:

Or move whoever wants to continue to The Originals…. Stefan fit in pretty well with the Nola gang when he visited.

39. jean says:

honestly do not not care about the originals anymore. it should just be cancelled. they lost all my respect when they killed cami for the likes of the childish and psychotic klaroline shippers. i hated that pair since season three of the vampire diaries. it was a toxic interaction worse than delena ever was.

• melJ03 says:

I’m personally a Klaroline shipper but was very surprised by how saddened I was by Cami’s death. I actually enjoyed her character. His relationship with Cami and Caroline were very similar to me because Cami and Caroline remind me of each other. Why do you see Klaroline as toxic but not Cami?

• Guest says:

The writers work form the inside out – meaning they focus on the story lines and not so much as to what the fans mainly want. Obviously they have to bring in some things, but as far as pairings go.. They will do what they want. They killed Cami so that Klaus would have the fuel he needed in order to kill Lucien, and to show how powerful Lucien’s bite was. They did prove this point with killing Finn, but the fact there was time for a cure but they couldn’t find it was really pushed in Cami’s death. Thus, they had to kill Cami in order for all of this to happen. Now that Elijah/Kol are bitten, the fandom now knows that there is no cure and that the two brothers are probably going to die. As for “Klaroline” they were OK in the beginning to show that Klaus had humanity, but now I’m worn out on those to. Kinda like how I am with Steroline. Good while they aren’t together but once they are they get boring. TVD should have ended after S7, but the writers are still stretching it out… Love the originals though and I’d be devastated if they canceled it or only gave it a half order! :/

40. Katie says:

I’m not so sure about benching TO until mid-season. Yes, it would mean a much less interrupted season, but making all the fans wait for several months is just..ouch. Although, as someone said, The Walking Dead fans had a longer wait. And, enough with the Superhero stuff! I tried watching Supergirl once and I flipped off of it, it bored me that much. I guess part of it is because I’m not a big comic book/superhero fan to begin with but we do seem to be getting inundated with these shows now. Plus if they reduce the Season 4 eps of TO too much, that would really hack me off. If they reduce it to 16 eps, that’s fine but any less than that is going to suck. I’m grateful they renewed it but-oh, hell let’s just say I have some seriously mixed feelings about this decision and call it a day. :/

• ejemima says:

I’m a huge superhero fan and have tried watching both Arrow, Flash, Legends of tomorrow and Supergirl, but none of them – none, really caught my attention. I think I watched two seasons of Flash and Arrow before I got bored. Legends of tomorrow and Supergirl only held for a few episodes. I don’t know what it is, but the superhero tv storylines just seems weak to me. To me they’re more fit for movies than as tv-shows. Now, the story of the Originals had me hooked from when I first saw them on TVD. Now, there’s SO MANY stories to tell, that it works as a tv-show, with the right writers, that are able to use that full potential and tell all those stories.For the three seasons TO has had their up and downs, but it still has very strong characters, not to mention actors and there’s still so much to tell. We don’t even know half of it! The CW has made a HUGE mistake putting so much faith in superhero shows alone…

41. Lola P says:

Looking forward to the crossover event and happy that Supergirl has moved to the CW. Cat Grant is a good character, so I hope they get to keep her. Loving Arrow and Flash this season. LoT is finding it’s footing, I am worried about Captain Cold not being g a regular but I am willing to watch before passing judgement. Looking forward to fall 2016.

42. Kalli says:

I don’t understand how so many people like Cat. She bullies Kara the entire season and everyone’s like “she’s such a great mentor!” and “she had the best lines!” and “I love their relationship!”. Um, no, people, deliberately messing up someone’s name until they magically earn the right to it is not a good relationship. Nor is punishing them for being sick by hiring someone to compete with them for their job, or pushing them into relationships and then freezing them out because it didn’t work. There are so many things wrong there. Kara would be 1000x better off without Cat. Losing Calista would only make the show highlight that. Remember, Kara only avoided disciplinary action for takeaway coffee not being hot in winter because of her heat vision. That’s not a model that works in an office or anywhere.

43. Johnny tatts says:

This is the STUPIDEST idea they have ever had this show is amazing and a MILLION times better than the vampire Diaries..they need to just kill Damon and have Stephan and Caroline move to new Orleans..cause honestly vampire Diaries has been dead for like 2 seasons now..

44. joey says:

is there any point of watching TVD if the originals isn’t there

45. Ken says:

The originals is a billion times better than The Vampire Diaries!!! The Originals deserve much more appreciation and screen time.

46. Troy says:

The originals is the only show I care to watch. Please the people at CW don’t take my show off. If u do I won’t even watch the news Please. Please

47. Tracey says:

I understand with all the super shows but you still made the wrong choice. Pick the show that isn’t as popular like iZombie or one without a huge huge cliffhanger.

48. Suzie says:

Bringing back Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex Girlfriend over The Originals. Really??? Those shows are ridiculously stupid. At least there’s drama with The Originals. It’s actually a show worth watching. The fall line up is lame. Too much super hero and silly shows with weak plots for me.Yet another mistake on CW’s part. Every time you get hooked on a show, they take it away.
    Won’t be tuning in until the Originals are back mid season. If it doesn’t return either will I.

• Cassandra George says:

I agree! I could care less about Jane the virgin and all the superhero stuff. I’m really upset that TO will not only not be in the fall lineup, but will be a shortened season.

49. Shemille Wash says:

I’m very disappointed that The Originals will not be in the fall line up . Guess I’ll see the CW whenever they bring it back.

50. I want the 4 season of the Originals to come back it is my my favorite of all the CW shows on TV