the catch finale

The Catch's Mireille Enos Previews 'Fairytale' Finale, Alice/Rhys Faceoff

“I choose you.”

While The Catch‘s Ben dropped that romantic declaration on Alice — along with the revelation that he’d turned himself in to Agent Dao — at the end of last week’s episode, tonight’s two-part season finale (9/8c on ABC) will reveal whether the unlikely lovers can actually make it work.

“They’re definitely going to try to find a way to be together, but there are big, big forces at work against them,” previews series star Mireille Enos. “In these last two hours, these two worlds that have stayed very separate all season [Alice’s private investigation firm and the criminal enterprise that employs Ben] are going to come crashing in on each other.”

The action goes down at a verrry wealthy wedding that’s been tabbed as a money-making opportunity for the nefarious Kensington Firm — a development Enos describes as “wonderfully circular, seeing how the [pilot episode] centered on a wedding that didn’t happen. There’s something very fairytale about it. And Alice and Ben are going to be indulging in the idea of that fairytale: ‘What if we could make everything else go away and be together?'”

Before that, though, Alice will have a couple more therapy sessions with Sonya Walger’s Margot — the second of which will occur after Enos’ character figures out the woman’s true identity. “Alice walks into the room and knows full well who she’s sitting across the table from. It’s pretty great,” the actress teases. “Sonya’s work in those scenes is so gorgeous: You register the danger of the situation, but also Margot’s own heartbreak.”

Alice will also “end up in a room, spend a little time together” with Margot’s brother Rhys,” Enos adds, with a giggle — and the fact that he threatened last week to Ben that he might do harm to his lady love makes the moment quite tense. “Rhys is a crazy person. He’s lovable — but really crazy, erratic and unpredictable,” she says, noting how the character recently killed two federal agents without the slightest hesitation. “He killed Felicity at the drop of a hat, too, and she was intimate to him.”

That suspense plays into what Enos promises will be a finale that plays like a big-screen thriller. “At the movies, we love The Thomas Crown Affair, Ocean’s Eleven, Mr. and Mrs. Smith. But it’s a genre you don’t usually get on television. [The Season 1 finale] is a wonderful version of that on your TV.”

Are you excited about The Catch Season 1 finale? Do you think Alice and Ben can make it work? Sound off below!

1. kn1231 says:

This show started off slow for me, but I find Alice and Ben’s story very intriguing. Is this one of the best shows on TV, definitely not, but I’m currently enjoying more than Scandal. I’m kind of bummed we have to wait until mid-season next year for season 2, when it would have fit in well with TGIT.

• Lerbert says:

Agree. This is an enjoyable show. The tone and styling sort of reminds me of Private Practice–with less interpersonal baggage.

2. Lauren says:

How did this crap get renewed over Nashville???

• Ames says:

Because it’s a Shondra show. Plain and Simple. I agree with you by the way.

• Lauren says:

UGH! I did not realize that! Now I understand. Really sad that ABC is basically in her pocket at this point. This crappy show gets renewed but Nashville gets canceled and doesn’t even get a final 6 episodes to close out the series? They might as well rename the network Shondaland. Gross.

3. Cindy L. says:

Simply intriguing. I’m a fan

4. Angel says:

I’m very conflicted because I love the Ben/Margot/Reggie trio, that was one of my favorite parts of the season, their family. And seeing that going away makes me bitter a little bit.

But I’m all for Alice and Ben to make things work too, but obviously, as star-crossed lovers, that won’t happen anytime soon, but yeah, i’m rooting for these two, it won’t be easy tho.

Also, I can’t wait to see the Alice/Rhys face-off, this is gonna intense (and for sure funny knowing Rhys).

5. Rose says:

Love love love this show. Better than the other dribble on TV lately. Reminds me of the old TV show To Catch a Thief. I can see Peter Hersch (sp?) as the next new James Bond. What do you think?

6. joshng01 says:

I watch this show, but am about to kiss it goodbye. Since when is it glamorous to cheat and steal and kill and come out ahead. Don’t think I can watch that year after year. The season finale will decide for me.

• Rosmerta says:

I do like this show also, but you can’t say that Scandal is any better. I actually have stopped watching Scandal due to the Papa Pope having anyone who raises an eyebrow, also having the crap beaten out of everyone, including his daughter. I don’t expect everything to be sunshine and roses, but it’s gotten ridiculous

7. JScout says:

I didn’t really expect to like this show. I’ve tried Shonda shows before and haven’t found one I like. But I watched the first episode because I really like both Mireille Enos and Peter Krause. I love their chemistry on this show and have quickly become a fan. So glad it got renewed.

8. Maria says:

I love this series, I wait for it every week. Alice and Ben are made for each other. I am looking forward to the finale and can’t wait for next season.

9. Catchfan says:

The villains are intriguing and have interesting dialog. The boringest characters are those two jr detectives in the office, waste of screen time.

10. Sharon Robinson says:

Totally excited about the finale. I recorded it so I could watch it and fast forward through commercials. It got a OMG from me as Ben became the hero for Alice after the FBI arrested her for the museum painting. Solid! I enjoy the match up between Val and the FBI agent and love the visciousness of Margo and her family. Great writing and story line with twist. Truly there is no honor among thieves. Go Margo and Rhys!

11. Greg k says:

This Could be a good show with a better lead actress. Love the rest of the cast!!