Trent Dawson General Hospital

TVLine Items: GH Adds ATWT Vet, Shooter Gets Premiere Date and More

As the World Turns vet Trent Dawson will trade Oakdale for Port Charles this summer.

The actor has booked a recurring gig on General Hospital, TVLine has confirmed, playing Huxley, a mysterious Brit with questionable motives. He will make his GH debut on Monday, June 13.

Since wrapping his run as Henry Coleman on ATWT, Dawson has appeared on such series as Castle, NCIS and Homeland.

Soap Opera Digest first reported the news of Dawson’s casting.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* USA Network’s conspiracy thriller Shooter, starring Ryan Phillippe, will premiere Tuesday, July 19, at 10/9c, the cabler announced Thursday.

* Pro wrestler John Cena will host the 2016 ESPYs, airing Wednesday, July 13, at 8/7c on ABC.

* Jake Lacy (Girls, The Office) has joined I’m Dying Up Here, Showtime’s upcoming comedy series about the 1970s standup scene, as a series regular. He’ll play a comic who gained notoriety by blowing off The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson and is now trying to re-acclimate into the comedy scene following substance-abuse issues.

* The series premiere of Cinemax’s thriller Outcast will debut simultaneously in 61 countries via Facebook Live this Friday, May 20, at 10 pm Central European Time. Countries including the U.K., Italy, Spain, Poland, South Africa, Germany, Sweden and Turkey can view the episode.

1. Longtime GH fan says:

Nothing against Mr Dawson, but GH DOES NOT NEED new characters. PLEASE write for the vets and characters you have now!! That cast is ridiculously bloated as it is!

2. Lola says:

Seriously hating GH now with Saint Sonny on the loose but I swear Trent would pull me back. He was amazing on ATWT. I miss that soap. GH also has my Carly Tenney with Maura West.

• cheryl says:

LOVE Trent, hopefully they don’t waste his talents as they are Maura west and michelle stafford right now.

3. Hipper says:

Trent Dawson? Get ready for some hammy acting.

4. Gerald says:

Wow Trent looks a lot like Dylan O’Brien in that photo.

• Mary says:

I was thinking Rob Lowe. I will wait and see about his character and story line before I pass judgement.

5. Trent Dawson was one the few bright spots left at As The World Turns the last few years the show was on. While he has made several prime time guest spots, it is nice that he is coming back to dayitme, albeit for a recurring part, so it probably won’t be for long.

6. KenryFan says:

I thought I was done with soaps, but Trent’s pulled me back in again. He was always my favorite soap actor. Not only was he brilliant at comedic relief, but he was also amazing with dramatic material, too. The problem was the writers rarely gave him any substantial material to work with – mostly slapstick filler. Here’s hoping the GH writers do him justice – I’m not holding my breath though . . .

7. I wish they’d just work on better storylines for the characters they have, and finally bring back Spinelli for more than 1 random episode every two months.

8. Lisa Echerd says:

Loved Trent Dawson on ATWT. I’m so happy he is coming to GH.