Ratings: NCIS Up From Previous Finale, Megyn Kelly Special Far From Yuuuge

Michael Weatherly’s final NCIS episode on Tuesday drew 17.6 million total viewers and a 2.5 demo rating, up sharply week-to-week as well as improving on its previous season finale by 17 and 25 percent, with its best numbers since Jan. 5.

Leading out of that, NCIS: New Orleans (13.2 mil/1.8) ticked up a tenth to edge out its freshman finale, while Person of Interest (7.1 mil/1.1) was steady week-to-week.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

NBC | The Voice (8.9 mil/1.8), Chicago Med (7.8 mil/1.6) and Chicago Fire (7.9 mil/1.6) were all steady, with Fire up a tenth from its previous finale.

FOX | Megyn Kelly’s primetime Fox special did 4.7 mil and a 0.8 — doubling the audience yet only matching the demo delivery of Fox’s week-ago sitcoms. Coupled debuted to 1.9 mil/0.5 (versus the 1.9 mil/0.8 that Fox averaged in the hour last week).

ABC | Fresh Off the Boat (4.2 mil/1.1) rose two tenths, while The Real O’Neals (3.3 mil/0.9) was steady. The 10 o’clock-bound Agents of SHIELD’s two-hour finale averaged 3.04 mil and a 1.0, ticking up week-to-week yet down 23 percent from its sophomore finale.

THE CW | The Flash (3.4 mil/1.3) and Containment (1.4 mil/0.5) were steady.

1. Kevin K says:

Michael Weatherly will be missed on NCIS but who’s excited about his new show Bull.

2. Boiler says:

So nice to see the junk FOX had on last night bombed. Well deserved.

• Robin says:

I wonder if Trump will blame Kelley for the low ratings. As Matt stated, Trump always claims that his presence brings the huge ratings; that people only will watch to see what he has to say; so happy he was proved wrong.

• tvjunkie says:

you’re obviously a dumbocrat, because you clearly don’t understand the phrase “doubling the audience” compared to its normal lineup. btw news shows always skew older.

• drb999 says:

It’s not that hard to double up on some stupid sitcom barely anyone watched.

• David4 says:

Only republicans would make stupid name calling on a TV site.

Go back to worrying who is peeing next to you in Target, maybe it’s black trans Muslim!

3. cmsfl says:

Fox should of had a different person conduct the interview. I for one won’t watch Megan Kelly. So happy for NCIS. Great send off for a wonderful character.

• Mary says:

They did the match up to help draw in people, which I guess didn’t go as planned. I wouldn’t waste my time on watching either one. I and I am sure many others saw it for what it was a publicity stunt. I refuse to listen to Trump anymore and if he is ever elected I will be tuning him out for the duration.

4. kmw says:

Good that NCIS went up but I am interested to see how they do without him. FOX’S numbers don’t surprise me did they really think Trumps interview was going to top NCIS? and that reality show did even worse than I thought it would. Also nice that Agents of Shield managed not to go fractional. Good luck to them in that time slot next year

5. c-mo says:

So glad TNT had a Castle marathon last evening, looks like I missed absolutely nothing!!!

6. A fan of TV says:

Thank goodness for Trump’s low ratings. Further evidence the loud minority is skewing the perception of the US presidential race!

7. Shaw says:

As a person who watches containment. I soooo hope that they actually end it without a cliffhanger….