Looking Season 3

Looking Wrap-Up Movie Gets a Premiere Date at HBO

HBO is Looking to say goodbye to Patrick, Dom & Co. this summer.

The cabler announced on Tuesday that the HBO dramedy’s two-hour wrap-up film — titled Looking: The Movie — will air Saturday, July 23. In the pic, Patrick (Jonathan Groff) “returns to San Francisco for the first time in almost a year to celebrate a momentous event with his old friends. In the process, he must face the unresolved relationships he left behind and make difficult choices about what’s important to him.”

Exec producers Andrew Haigh and Michael Lannan penned the script, with Haigh also serving as director.

HBO cancelled Looking last year after two low-rated seasons, but network president Michael Lombardo cushioned the blow by immediately commissioning a standalone movie to tie up all the series’ loose ends. “There were some fans that really wanted to find [closure] with the storylines, [and the writers] wanted to wrap up storytelling for the characters,” said the exec, who viewed Looking as a passion project. “I thought the show, creatively, was really doing something that I hadn’t seen on any other show, particularly dealing with gay lives. As a gay man, in particular, I was very proud that there was a show that felt like it was dealing very honestly and openly with gay men and their lives, without putting them into a comedic mode.”

1. GuessWhat says:

they waited way too long to air this
    glad they at least will give us closure though!

2. Eric7740 says:

FINALLY!!! Thank you TVLINE for this great news!!!

3. Will says:

Fiiiiiiinally!
    Although I don’t recall him leaving the city behind in the last finale? He moved in with Kevin and that was disaster but I thought it was still in the city – unless he ran off home?

4. Guilherme says:

Finally.

5. They cancelled this show for the banal Ballers? (Banallers?) Sure hope they solve the mysteries of string theory where there’s a universe that doesn’t cancel Firefly, Freaks and Geeks, Forever, etc.

6. Hurley says:

LOVED THE SHOW!

7. Renata says:

Absolutely adored this show and can’t wait to enjoy it one last time!

8. Erik says:

I watched the first episode and hated it. Later I had friends talking about it so I went back and got caught up. Falling in love with Looking was unexpected…..and much like many other times I fell in love, I was broken hearted when I learned it was over.

Hopefully the series wrap-up will be better than Good Wife and Castle endings.

9. Lilly77 says:

Loved this show. Sad it’s gone. Happy about the movie – and the time jump. I wish there was some way the series could return.

10. E. says:

I loved Looking and thought it was cancelled way too soon. But I was happy to finally find another very good gay series called The Outs (season 2 is available on Vimeo now). I would actually say that The Outs is even better–sharp, sweet, funny, real. Really recommend checking it out!

11. Nikita says:

Finally a date!! I was waiting for it for so long for that date to be announced

12. ex360 says:

I know Haigh won’t disappoint.

13. beebear says:

Got into ‘Looking’ very late (July 2017) and I thought Series 1 and 2 were brilliant. Made me laugh, made me cry!

14. Suraj says:

I absolutely adored this show.. & not just because it was queer themed… Because it was like breath of fresh air.. it was surreal.. it was all just perfect.. it was what i always wished a gay themed tv show should be,.. But life being what it is..HBO axed the show.