X-Files Season 11 Renewal

The X-Files Update: David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

You better believe The X-Files will be back.

During a conference call with reporters to tout Fox’s 2016-17 schedule, chairman and CEO Dana Walden confirmed that there have been “conversations” with series creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, adding, “I believe everyone is on board to do another installment of the show.” Walden conceded that there will be some scheduling hurdles to overcome, but, “Hopefully, this time next year we will have more news.” (Translation: Don’t expect Season 11 until the 2017-18 TV season at the earliest.)

Despite that polarizing finale, a whopping 83 percent of respondents urged Fox to renew the series in TVLine’s annual “Keep or Cut” poll.

Series creator Chris Carter expressed confidence back in February that additional episodes were out there. “I can’t imagine, with the ratings that we’ve got and the way we ended this season, that there won’t be more X-Files,” he said. “They will find a way to get that done. Because I spoke about it briefly with [Fox CEO] Dana Walden… so there’s an appetite there and… a chance certainly to find how we’re gonna get ourselves off this precipice.”

1. That photo reminds us who will be dealing the cards this time. And I like it. ;)

2. atxnole says:

Just please be better when it comes back. No more Joel McHale. Scrap every second of screen time.

3. Mallory2017 says:

But only the first episode n last episode were good. The others were boring fillers. Which is weird for a short limited run.

4. Eran says:

I guess with The Good Wife now done, TV needs a new wig to step in for Alicia Florrick’s.

5. Senff says:

Needs John Doggett!

6. ludi66 says:

I love the X Files and I am really happy that the series is coming back. Look, I live in France and I am having a really really bad day. 16/05/16 look at the French news, but I do love the X Files so I hope that the next series will be really good and I hope that I will be here to watch it. Vive la France!

7. Lauren says:

8. Ruth says:

Greatest Monday news ever!

9. Nicki & Michael Tabachnick says:

So delighted to hear the X-Files will return with more episodes. Great writer, terrific actors. What at treat.

10. kmw says:

Knew it wouldn’t come until 2017 but good that they hopefully do justice to it

11. Bob says:

Gillian = HOT

12. Lysh says:

I really want this back and hopefully it does in 2017, but they need to reflect on what worked and what didn’t for the show. Look at fansites, look at the comment sections on TVLine articles. That Muslim episode was the absolute worst and the entire run I couldn’t get over Gillian’s raspy whispery voice.

13. Anne says:

And for the love of everything good in the world, please don’t let Carter write the next season. It was a brutal trainwreck and the show, the characters, and us long time fans deserve better

• veronica says:

agreed!

• E. says:

Word. Didn’t really like his eps all that much this time. Darin’s, Glen’s and James’s eps were the best ones of the bunch in my opinion. And no more break up crap either. Let them be together and work together. Move forward. Bring in help if need be. Vince would be a good start.

14. KenWins says:

Good. It will give Vince Gilligan time get on board and fix Chris Carter’s mess

15. Ruth Schrei says:

We are all ready and waiting !! We need m ore of Chris Carter’s genius, David and Gillian’ transformations and chemistry on set! Bring it on!!

16. Anya says:

YAY!! But tv season 17/18 at the earliest.. Oh brother I hope I’m still alive by then :’)

17. The X-Files are my all time favorite series. I would love to see many more years to come. I want Mulder to believe again real soon. Seemed like he was doubting himself. I own the whole set and I can’t get enough. Please make more, a lot more!

18. Davidj says:

Loved the show back in the day, but the whole revival just felt so tired and outdated to me. And with Carter still in charge, I can’t see that changing much for the next round.

19. flmabon says:

Oh my God Yaaaaaaaaaas! More #XFiles love this news

20. flmabon says:

Yaaaaaaaaaas! ***Happy Dance*** More Mulder and Scully!!

21. JScout says:

Love it. Just don’t let Chris Charter write any of it. Maybe one would be o.k. if there will be more than six episodes this time.

22. Jolee Patkai says:

So hoping for Season 11…we were left with a cliff hanger, and well…that’s just not right….right? Please and thank you…bring on Season 11!!

23. Lorraine says:

I can’t wait for X-FILES to come back.

24. Wow, guys……..it just wasn’t that good. Although, Mulder and Scully looked great!

• jonathan says:

Real xfiles fans will agree it just keeps getting better! Season 10 was perfect! Cant wait for season 11. Was it aliens at the end of season 10 or the government!?!?!? Also episode 1 and 6 are telling us something, check out Alex Jones infowars.com, the tag line was “the conspiracy will be televised” in my opinion its more like “the conspiracy will be disguised in science fiction” seriously google or youtube any of the talking points online. See for yourself

25. Lynn says:

It’s unfortunate that Anderson and Duchovny have such loyalty to Carter. I know he gave them their big break but look at everything he’s done besides the X-Files has failed. He got really lucky with the casting of those two. Maybe in the beginning he wrote some decent episodes until everyone realized he had no plan for the mythology and it stopped making sense. Film it when Better Call Saul isn’t filming and put Vince Gilligan in charge.

26. Angela Forbes says:

YaY! I don’t like the wait but it will be well worth it!

27. Jane says:

Yes to season 11! just 3 words: No Joel McHale.

28. Anna says:

I’m glad there’s going to be more XFiles, but please keep them in line with what Xfiles mean: Keep them in the atmosphere of the old XFile stories.

29. Bridget Ross says:

love to have the x files back on leave the younger agents alone and stick with Mulder and sully

30. Carol says:

Always LOVED X-Files! I was soon disappointed when ended in the 90’s. Give Scully & Mulder a chance to get back in the groove again. Chris Carter was and is good. Maybe if you are not old enough you can’t appreciate the X-Files!

31. Donna says:

XFILES my ALL time FAVORITE TV series. I never cared for most of any series other than when Starz on cable did CAMELOT staring Jamie Campbell Bower. The XFILES are bar none my favorite. I could tune in & always be suprized or intreged. Love the mold one the best!

32. Shirley Massison says:

Can not wait!

33. teresa says:

I so thought this would happen….I an so stoked.

Thank you!!

34. A says:

Yes yes yes please more X-Files

35. CGB SPENDER says:

Back? ” Why would Moulder and Scully not return.”, Their quest has not been completed, nor has mine. “They will return, and I’ll be waiting.” See how simple that was, Mr. Skinner?

36. Christy Miller says:

This is good news for us X- Files fans. I have always loved this show and want to see more. Bring it on Chris Carter!

37. Roe says:

I’m thrilled XFiles is returning!!! Excellent show!!

38. Sandy says:

I hope to see Mulder and Scully really get back together! Please get rid of the actor and actress playing the young Mulder and Scully, they are boring!

39. david thayer says:

If your going to do .do it now before one of the actors gets sick or passes away like james gandofini now they can never do a sapranos movie.

40. Edith Medina says:

Yes, Joel McHale was a terrible choice. Don’t bring that guy again. He just kills the X-Files. Please give us more Mulder and Scully. I don’t care much about the new characters. Just more of them–please!

41. david thayer says:

If your going to bring them back please do it soon before they age even more or god forbid one of them passes away.

42. I would like to see this move to Netflix. It would give Chris Carter a little more freedom to write it anyway he wanted without worrying about censors.

43. ksfilesblog says:

Please don’t insult Gillian (or any woman) with offers less than David’s (or other men’s offers for roles or jobs that are comparable).

44. i loved the x-files but hated the ret-con that was season ten. the aliens , as a force the syndicate feared, happened. this is not a ret-con like season five tricked us into, this concerns things that we saw happen. the syndicate fears the aliens. if they were just showing mulder stuff that made him believe, i could buy the season 10 “aliens are not bad and humans really present the danger”. the syndicate expressed their fear in a closed room about rebel aliens, colonization, etc. why would they discuss a lie when everyone in the room would no there’s no threat. if this alien rebel thing was a farce, so is this show.

45. david thayer says:

Please do it before the actors get even older and please change scullys wig it is really bad,when she wears that wig she goes from an attractive woman to a yuk

46. david thayer says:

6 episodes just isnt enough ,you cant even get into a story line and please enough with scullys wispering voice.its almost like a cartoon bring back the x files we all know and love not the stuff from last year it was a big let down. And you have tried to turn mulder into a commedian and that is not working.bring back the mulder we know not a clown.a d get rid of that obnoxiuos wig of scullys it looks awfull.

47. Nick says:

I think the most important thing is remaining grateful this show returned after so much time.
    I will not allow myself to become disappointed simply because I would rather it did than did not.

48. Rosewell says:

stop screwing around with the great tv series like x files and farscape, farscape ended because stupid dicisions made back in the days, dont let x-files to follow this same destiny. Save us from being bored to death, continue making x-files tv episodes, please… I beg you, please… with a cherry on top.

49. Lance Watson says:

I LOVE the X-Files, it’s my favorite TV show of all time, but don’t know what days and times that series 11 episodes are on and I can’t find access to full episodes of previously aired episodes. FOX is making it too difficult to get access to the current season 11 episodes, hence I have totally lost interest. I am sure that I am not the only one !!!!

50. Natasha says:

The reason people don’t like the new season is because it is making fun of what is going on right now in our real world. The truth is in our faces but because we have been told it is all fantasy we use our rational minds and believe that all this stuff is all science fiction but that is because we choose not to see it. Do your own research. Read real psychological papers on consciousness…. The rabit hole goes deep and most can’t handle the truth.