Fall TV Preview

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Trailer: Laverne Cox Stars in Fox Remake

“It’s not easy having a good time,” though the trailer for Fox’s Rocky Horror Picture Show remake sure makes it seem that way.

The network on Monday released the first official trailer for the not-so-live musical event, starring Laverne Cox (Orange Is the New Black) as the twisted scientist Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a role made famous by Tim Curry in the original 1975 film; Curry also appears in the made-for-TV remake as the Criminologist.

Additional Rocky Horror stars include Victoria Justice (Eye Candy, Victorious) and Ryan McCartan (Liv and Maddie) as the newly engaged Janet and Brad; Reeve Carney (Penny Dreadful) as handyman Riff Raff; Adam Lambert (American Idol, Glee) as Eddie, a former delivery boy; and Christina Milian (Grandfathered, The Voice) as Magenta, the good doctor’s maid.

Fox’s Rocky Horror premieres in October. Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment below: Will you be watching?

1. thisismenow says:

It surprisingly isn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

2. The Beach says:

Who’s playing Rocky??

3. Lorena says:

Wow, i thought for the pics that Laverne was going to be awful, but seeing this, i need it NOW

4. AJ says:

Looks like they had a lot of fun with it. Looking forward to it.

5. Falcon says:

That…. was surprisingly OK? Possibly even good? Would I be a fool to be optimistic? I’m shocked. Happy for Laverne. But, Shocked.

6. Heh says:

I usually can’t stand Rocky Horror but Laverne looks gorgeous. I might actually watch as much of it as possible before I get too annoyed by the fact that I’m watching Rocky Horror.

7. iHeart says:

this isn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be, but enough about the comments (seriously though, I expected the comments to tear this apart as if it was an article that said Fox would be reviving glee….calm down it’s not happening) anyway I kind of want to see this now

8. hoping it airs on halloween night. antici …pation is killing me. Hot Patootie-Bless my soul

9. datdudemurphy says:

I make no judgment on Laverne’s performance….but trying to fill Tim Curry’s negligee is not going to be easy.

• kirads09 says:

I would go as far to say it can’t really be done. I will never forget the first time friends in took me to see it. That elevator coming down, that boot stomping and the most incredible performance by Curry.

10. I’d hate this no matter WHO was in it but now I can’t say anything or I’m automatically transphobic. This was completely unnecessary to remake, it’s clearly pandering to SJWs, looks terrible, and ignores the fact that THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE ORIGINAL! Stop REMAKING THINGS and come up with your own freaking IDEAS!

11. Rich says:

I’m so sick of transgenders taking the roles away from transvestites! (Just kidding. This looks like it’ll be a hoot.)

12. kirads09 says:

Nothing agains this cast. It actually looks from this promo like they did a good job. But the original midnight movie with Tim Curry as Frankenfurter will be the only one I ever watch and IS the only Rocky Horror for me.

13. Mark Braun says:

EXCELLENT casting! Curry’s in as well.
    Laverne Cox is a killer choice. Tim O’Brien would love it!

14. that 80's kid says:

Hard to believe it’s been 40 years! I hope the audience gets a script and gets to take in their burnt toast, squirt guns and newspaper as we did for the original. What fun, updating it for today’s kids.

15. that 80's kid says:

I guess the audience can’t exactly chant “don’t eat the meatloaf” anymore, but still, a lot of fun for older teens/ young 20’s. New costumes! woo hoo!

16. Ken Brown says:

There is no hope for any sense of class or respect in TV. Why is this being re-made? Why is it so hard to write original and good films? This will be another abomination. The lead was a transvestite, did they miss that part? Shame on Tim Curry for endorsing this.

17. gammaworld12014 says:

A great idea, great cast. I hope Fox doesn’t mess it up though, I was expecting a movie studio to pick up the remake.

18. Samuel Croft says:

I look forward to this although it won’t be the same as watching the original in a theater with all of the Rocky Horror fans dressed as their fav characters in group participation. I hope that Laverne Cox will hold her own as Dr. Frank-N-Furter. Not sure why Fox didn’t use a man for that role but, maybe it will be better received by the public since Fox is so conservative. Even though Laverne is trans it just won’t be the same. We know from experience that Re-makes are never as good as the original but, this will hopefully offer some unbridled fun on Fox TV. I wish the cast great luck in trying to bring this really wonderful and fun show to the masses. I have to give Fox TV kudos for their attempts to bring classic shows from the stage to TV for those that don’t get to experience or have never been to the theater. There is never enough art and creativity in the world. I’ll watch the original AGAIN a bit before FOX’s offering hits the stage. Damn it Janet you better have fun!

19. Billy Wayne Miller says:

Cant Wait for the 2nd Cumming of The Rocky Horror Picture Show !!!!!

20. Mjv says:

Am watching it right now and love it

21. Sherry Martin Gaillard says:

What a marvelous surprise! I was prepared for OK, but this was so GOOD! What fun and what talent in this version. Tim Curry can’t be beaten, but you definitely did the trick. Congratulations from a fan.