Fall TV Preview
Fall TV Preview

Fall TV: Watch Trailers for Fox's Star, The Exorcist, Lethal Weapon and More

Fox on Monday announced its fall 2016 schedule and offered previews of its upcoming series, among them a TV adaptation of Lethal Weapon, a new spin on The Exorcist and the pseudo-animated comedy Son of Zorn.

Trailers were also released for midseason fare, including Lee Daniels’ music-infused Star and baseball drama Pitch.

Watch the trailers in their entirety below, preceded by the official logline for each series:

A.P.B. (Midseason)
A tech billionaire purchases a troubled police precinct in the wake of a loved one’s murder, but can this eccentric and enigmatic figure’s cutting edge approach fix the broken ways of these blue blooded veterans?

The Exorcist (Fridays, 9/8c)
A modern reinvention inspired by William Blatty’s original 1971 book, the propulsive, serialized psychological thriller follows two very different men tackling one family’s case of horrifying demonic possession, and confronting the face of true evil.

Lethal Weapon (Wednesdays, 8/7c)
When Texas cop and former Navy SEAL Martin Riggs suffers the loss of his wife and baby, he moves to Los Angeles to start anew. There, he gets partnered with LAPD detective Roger Murtaugh, who, having recently suffered a “minor” heart attack, must avoid any stress in his life.

Making History (Midseason)
Three friends find a way to travel through time for truth, justice and riches, which complicates their lives in 2016. They visit some of the greatest moments of the past as they try to resolve their personal problems, while history and pop culture comically collide.

The Mick (Midseason)
A hard-living, foul-mouthed woman moves to affluent Greenwich, Conn., to raise the spoiled kids of her wealthy sister who has fled the country to avoid a federal indictment.

Pitch (Midseason)
A young female pitcher defies the odds when she becomes the first woman to play in the major leagues.

Shots Fired (Midseason)
An expert investigator digs into a series of racially charged shootings in a small Tennessee town. Alongside a special prosecutor sent to the town by the Department of Justice, she must navigate the media attention, public debate and social unrest that comes with such volatile cases, as they seek justice before the divided town erupts.

Son of Zorn (Sundays, 8:30/7:30c)
Upon arriving home on Earth for the first time in 10 years, Zorn, a fully animated, legendary warrior, finds that reconnecting with his live-action son, Alan, and ex-wife, Edie, while suffering through a mundane office job and the banality of suburban life, is harder than waging actual war in his distant, mystical homeland of Zephyria.

Star (Midseason)
Four young women with dreams of making it big in the entertainment industry are faced with big choices along the way, which showcase the allure and heartache of the cutthroat music scene, and explore cultural themes from a new perspective. What will they do to rise to the top?

Thoughts on Fox’s fall and midseason offerings? Drop a comment with your reviews of the trailers below.

1. M3rc_Nate says:

Girlfriend: “I think you gotta get past everything that happened over there.”
    Boyfriend: “OMG THANK YOU!!! THAT SENTENCE HAS CURE MY PTSD!!!”
    I mean really? :/ The girlfriends dialog in the entire 24 trailer was awful.
    My god the voice over at 00:50 is AWFUL.
    Overall this trailer didn’t get me excited for this show. It looked very…TV. The scenes set over in the mid-east didn’t look anywhere near authentic, the girlfriend’s dialog is awful throughout the entire trailer, I’m not really a fan of the “First Lady” actress, the shootouts and gun play don’t look that interesting.
    What had me intrigued was the idea of him going back to gang roots (as you see in the trailer) but instead of just hiding his GF with them, taking some of them with him to help take down the bad guys.
    Lastly I will say I am really really really tired of terrorism plots, especially nukes and dirty bombs and bio-terrorism. At first on 24 they felt rare and a “omg what if this happened??” but now every single cop TV show (even Castle) has a diffuse a Nuke episode, a stop mid-east terrorist cell episode. It is old and tired.

• M3rc_Nate says:

Lethal Weapon looks good (shockingly). Though I didn’t grow up on the movies so maybe the mass audience for the show will be turned off and it won’t survive (like Rush Hour).

Pitch: Wow this looks fantastic. I am really really excited for this show (hadn’t heard anything about it till now). I am digging the lead, haven’t seen her in anything before. The supporting cast looks good too. I love the premise.

Shots Fired: I was surprised I liked this. I typically don’t like these shows, usually because they go for stirring up as much drama as possible. The take real life situations and turn up the drama to 10. But this show comes off as more level headed than that. I like that. I also really like the male lead, haven’t seen him in anything before but he captured my attention and has great screen presence. The supporting cast looks great as well.

• ComeOn says:

Lethal Weapon has a much better cast than Rush Hour and they aren’t taking themselves too seriously like the movie so that’s promising. But it looks expensive and WB production are not exactly known to be cheap either, so let’s hope it rates well.

• Brandi says:

I agree about Lethal Weapon. I think I rolled my eyes so hard my head hurt when they announced they were doing a TV show based on the movie and that Damon Wayans was staring in it. But I think I will tune in, and I did grow up on them. Love them actually.

2. Cory says:

The Exorcist is the only freshman drama at FOX I’ll be watching, it looks awesome. The others look okay but nothing that make me want to watch immediately.

• ? says:

I would say it’s just a good trailer and not to be hopeful because they can’t do this right on the broadcast model, but we got Hannibal on NBC so I guess we can’t just write it off. Surprisingly none of these trailers look like outright disasters. I don’t think Shots Fired or Son of Zorn will catch on, and I still think Exorcist and Lethal Weapon will be hard sells that need to be strong immediately or people will just get nostalgic for the version they already know and love and turn it off. But all in all this may be the best crop of projects Fox has had in like, half a decade a least.

• Cory says:

Most of them are things that if they do well enough to survive I’ll definitely make time to check them out. As for The Exorcist, when it comes to horror I rarely get scared, maybe a little disturbed but I find the appeal of them to be more in the unique and strange stories (compared to non-genre) and if it can even manage to creep me out a little I’ll be satisfied. But I like the direction the story is taking, it seems more like a dark supernatural family thriller with horrific elements. I like that. Plus the cast is excellent.

• I miiiight end up watching a few based on what I hear, but I basically agree with you. The Exorcist is the only one that stands out as potentially great.

3. Kevin K says:

Not so sure if Clayne Crawford and Damon Wayans are going to be as good than Mel Gibson and Danny Glover in the TV version of Lethal Weapon. Don’t know which cop show is much better on Fox: Lethal Weapon or APB.

• Jim says:

Lethal Weapon is one of my favorites, but there’s no way they can be as good as Gibson & Glover, but I went from “There’s no way in hell I’m watching this” to “There’s no way in hell I’m missing this” after watching the trailer. I hope they can come close, because this looks really good.

4. Shaw says:

Ok. Pan actually looks good. And shots fired looks pretty good too. And I don’t care what anyone says Lethal Weapon looks hilarious….

5. Lysh says:

The Mick looks a mess, but Making History looks kinda fun.

• Patrick says:

I agree about making history, but I think the Mick looks good. But I really wonder how long the premise can be sustained.

6. Amanda says:

First glance a few of these seem like they well might become some of my weekly favorites. The Exorcist! Yikes…looks great. The Mick looms good too. I might even like Lethal Weapon. Great lineup!

7. Lala says:

The Mick, Making history, Shots fired, Star…will be my new FOX shows, they look incredible.

8. Shaw says:

Ok so pitch and star I’ll give a try to.

9. Lala says:

Son of Zorn hahaha…honestly am I getting old or this show is just outright weird. I will def check it out tho

10. Wordsmith says:

I have high hopes for APB, but Fox consistently falls flat with their near-future sci-fi shows. I love that they keep trying, but I’ve been hurt too many times to get too invested.

• CGS says:

I think they should redevelop Dark Angel a bit and try to relaunch that. TBH I thought that was the strongest conceptually. Also I think it would be naturally more interesting because of how much science has changed and what our concepts of science in the near future will be. I know scorning remakes is the in thing but it’s a cool concept that would be even better with some slight adjustments.

11. michael says:

SO i guess Michael Beach is getting killed off then.

12. Murica! says:

Lethal weapon looks like fun and Making history looks hilarious!!!

13. APB Looks Awesome but after Almost Human and Minority Report I feel like It’s already canceled.

14. Lethal Weapon? What the…? Good grief. Just change a couple names & the title. Don’t tarnish the classics.

15. Son Of Zorn – Not as funny as I was expecting, although I like the concept.
    Making History – Better than I expected; it looks like fun. I thought the main characters would be travelling to a different time period each episode though but I like the show’s concept better.
    The Mick – again, better than I thought it would be but I am unsure whether it will be a hit. The premise kind of reminded me of the nanny storyline from Kimmy Schmidt. The teenage daughters in both shows are quite similar.
    24: Legacy – pass
    APB – pass
    Lethal Weapon – pass
    Star – exactly what you would expect from Lee Daniels, should be good.
    Pitch – I am surprised by how much I actually liked this trailer. I like the dynamic between the lead and her father.
    The Exorcist – way to tame for me, not scary at all. I can’t say I had much hope for the show anyway…

16. Lethal Weapon trailer was hilarious.
    The Exorcist meh
    Don’t care about the rest

17. ggny says:

Zorn,Pitch and Making History all look awesome.

18. SassyAF28 says:

why is pitch not airing until 2017 it looks so good

19. Ray says:

These new FoX shows trump NBC’s trailers in terms of originality and quality.

20. James D says:

Lethal Weapon actually looks kinda good…is this bizarro world…. The Mick looks halfway decent the rest looks so awful I might cry. Stupid Fox always cancel their good shows to replace them with something more “edgy” which almost always comes back to bite them in the rear end.

21. Kris Schmidt says:

Surprised by how good most of these look.
    – Pitch shockingly is my favorite show trailer. Before watching the trailer I had no interest, but now I am hooked!
    – I’m actually disappointed by the Son of Zorn trailer. It doesn’t look terrible, but for such an ambitious comedy from the makers of Last Man (one of my faves), I’m kinda discouraged.
    – APB reminds me of a cross between Minority Report and Almost Human, and we now how those went over, so I wont be watching…
    -Making History looks fresh, inventive, and most of all HILARIOUS!! Definitely watching.
    – Lethal Weapon also looks pretty great. I think it has potential to be my guilty pleasure..
    – The Exorcist is a polite pass for me.
    – Shots Fired doesnt look bad, but I’m getting a strong American Crime vibe.
    – Didn’t find the Mick trailer to be funny at all. Just not my type of humor…
    – STAR looks like typical Lee Daniels= Great Cast, Great Story, Great Music, Great Show
    As you can probably tell, I will definitely be watching STAR, Pitch, Making History, and Lethal Weapon and maybe Shots Fired and Son of Zorn….

22. jenna says:

pleasantly surprised by making history! It looks really funny. Son of Zorn looks good as well, wasn’t surprised to see it has ties to the lego movie, definitely has the same sort of feel.

Lethal Weapon has potential.

Pitch looks good but the concept seems like something better suited for a mini-series or movie

Star – I weirdly got the cheetah girls vibes with this one… but of course with a darker storyline

23. Falcon says:

I am SHOCKED at how good so many of these Fox trailers are. I haven’t been a regular Fox watcher since probably the 90s- looks like that might be about to change.

24. drb999 says:

Lethal Weapon looks a lot better than I thought it would. It looks like it could actually be watchable unlike Rush Hour which looked straight out horrible.

24 Legacy looks pretty good. Stephen. Hopkins who directed the original series pilot directed this one and it looks like he’ll bring some style back.

25. Pati says:

I was so ecxited for Leighton to be back on tv but that show looks horrible. It’s gonna be dead on arrival. The Zorn show I don’t know what that was but it does look pretty funny. Might give Star a shot

26. chadcronin says:

Son of Zorn is He-man?

27. Eric says:

I’ll give all of their new comedies a shot. And I usually dislike when networks attempt horror shows, but The Exorcist looks good, so I’ll give that a shot too.

28. fatalsin says:

they will all fail… except maybe exorcist because of G. Davis… i liked the look of pitch apb and the mick but they will fail

29. lrdslvrhnd says:

They already made a Lethal Weapon series. About a decade ago, on TNT, called LA Heat.
    I’ll give APB, Pitch, and Making History a chance. And probably Lethal Weapon.

30. Mark says:

So thats 4 time travel shows on various networks for next fall if 12 monkeys gets renewed damn. This going to get old fast.

31. Mark Green says:

Are TV writers really that hard up for new ideas? Apparently not, we have to re-tread older more established film.

32. Joey Padron says:

The trailers for Making History, Shots Fired, and Pitch looks really good. Son of Zorn looks interesting. Can’t wait to check out these shows!

33. Jackie says:

Looking forward to Pitch, Lethal Weapon, APB, and Shots Fired.
    Great line up FOX!