The Vampire Diaries Nina Dobrev

Vampire Diaries Finale: The Story Behind Nina Dobrev's Surprise Cameo

Heads up: The following article contains spoilers from Friday’s Vampire Diaries season finale. Treat it like the Armory vault and proceed at your own peril…

Exactly one year after bidding The Vampire Diaries a fond farewell, Nina Dobrev returned for Friday’s hectic season finale — or, at least, her voice did.

Unlike the time we saw Elena earlier this season — when old footage was recycled for the scene in which Damon thought he burned her sleeping body — Dobrev recorded new material for this week’s episode, in which the mysterious villain of the vault enticed Damon with his girlfriend’s voice.

“In this particular case, she came in and did the ADR, [short for automated dialogue replacement],” executive producer Julie Plec tells TVLine. “I reached out and said, ‘We can either cobble it together from a bunch of episodes, or you can come in and see everybody and do ADR. She chose to do it in person, which was great, because it was a nice little personal Nina visit.”

As for when we might see Dobrev as Elena again, Plec says she’s sticking with her original plan of having her return for the series finale — whenever that may be.

“It’s what she and I kind of agreed on when she decided to move on, and it’s what I’ve got in my head,” Plec says. “Obviously things can change throughout time, if the show goes on longer than we expect it to, or if we all collectively decide it would be fun to bring her back earlier, and she wanted to. But in my opinion, she was very clear about what she wanted the next step in her life to be, and she’s doing a great job of achieving that. So I’m sticking with my side of the plan, which is to bring her back at the very end.”

Were you surprised to hear Elena’s voice this week? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the finale below.

1. marydspain says:

We love Steroline!

• Raven and William says:

Lol, of course you do..cough cough Delena. Wonder why???? Lol
      Unfortuantely, Dulena killed The Vampire Diaries and Steroline was the nail in the coffin.
      I literally feel embarrassed for Ian and Paul. They used to have it all, such a successful show and fans lined up, went crazy, never missed an episode of this used to be great show.
      Now it’s cringe worthy when former fans watch this show. Of course some of us (former fans) watched the Finale for whatever the reason, hoping it would be better, finally stopping Dulena, seeing Stelena, one last yeah, whatever.
      The show should not return next year. Sadly, it won’t be remembered as, “remember that great show, TVD’s?” and people would talk with fond memories. Now it will be remembered as that Great show that went down hill when Plec and Dries literally wrote it into the ground because of the crush they have on Ian and the imaginary whatever it was with “Delena”. Please cancel this show before it forever ruins whatever career/fans Paul and Ian have.

• Elena says:

Caroline was a mess this season.

• Lorna says:

Eww. Steroline have no chemistry and Caroline had been with every guy on the show except Jeremy and Enzo, but she will probably be after him next season.

• TVDFANATIC says:

Actually she been with ENZO they made out and alluded to more in the whole traveler doppelganger mess episode. So that leaves Jeremy and i remember something about Caroline and Jeremy flirting or crushing.

• Correction.. Caroline has never been with Damon either ! …. Well I dont like it either they way writers toss the female characters around to be someone’s gf in one second and the next one’s in another and next one’s in another n so on… as if they are toys or something.

2. Lizzy says:

BEST moment of the episode!! Loved it! Delena is alive. Wow, Damon’s love is so strong, it over rides all fear. He just HAD to check and be sure. Powerful stuff. Epic love. :)

3. Julie says:

WORST FINALE IN TVD HISTORY. Just awful.

• Flashrow says:

Thanks God I wasn’t the only one. It is like nothing interesting for the next season.

• LOL says:

There’s like nothing to come back for. So the cliffhanger was Damon and Enzo going dark?!?! That’s suppose to be the hook to bring us back next season? LOL Newsflash Damon and Enzo ARE dark and have done horrible things before so how is this interesting? We all know what ever the thing that turned them is going to turn out as dumb as the heretics….so, so disappointed. What a waste of a season.

• Jesse says:

No matter what people would find something to bitch about. After so long of making up enemies and playing make believe, its nice
        To see the show go back to its roots. If its going to comtinue on. Who knows, maybe Enzo snaps bonnies neck and drinks through the break in the season opener.. I thought it was awesome to consider them going dark again. But its not just dark. Theres a strange being controlling that darkness

• Heather says:

Yeah I’m hoping that Damon burns Elena’s coffin for real this time, who knows anything can happen on this show especially since it’s Ian’s last season.

• ElenaTVD8 says:

you wish so much that …..to your beenefit to know that damon will not burn Elena ‘s body only beacuse you want this to happen ,well that is not gonna happen.tou are so wrong about all this what you said ,you dont know nothing at alll….

• terah says:

I agree

• mojdeh says:

i couldn’t agree with you more!!!!

so cliche!!! what’s next??? this series should e ended after 3 season!!!!!! this was the worst season and the worst season finale of all!!!

• ElenaTVD8 says:

for me was a big final on season 7 that show us Caroline chosing stefan over Alaric,Damon risked his life to save Bonnie wich gave her the chance to be happy with Enzo ,her true love. but in the moment that damon was so close to get out , he was tented by the voice of Elena,the only thing that he couldn’t resistt ,he loves her…… their flashbacks delena love….but was too late for him and enzo that they were completley changed and out kiling, since they get out that was in the vault. this finall of sesson 7 of the show show us the Steroline,Benzo and Delena love stories, that left us breathless with that thing in the Armory ‘s vault….the best moments and remain to see what happen in the S8 with all of them …i hope and finally the true love winsas i believe in Julie P to give us a great ending .

4. Theresa "Tess" Taylor says:

I’m super happy for Nina and respect the deal between her and Julie. As long as we all get some closure, what more can we ask for? I love Julie Plec ‘ writing and will follow everything she does. I have never been hooked on a show like this before and I’ll be 50 on the 21st. I actually feel kind of goofy about it but the story line is just FANTASTIC!! Admittedly, I miss the Damon Elena love story and would give all due respect to Nina for honoring us with her presence for some HAPPY closure.

• Cassidy says:

I’m so thankful to Nina for leaving, we got a break from the dull and repetitive scenes between Damon and Elena. Can’t wait for season 8 and see all the characters interacting again. Also can’t wait to see the rest of Elena’s story that Julie has planned for the series finale whenever that may be.

• terah says:

Yes! She irked my life before she left

• ElenaTVD8 says:

i miss Damon and elena love story ,their scenes togheter ,their chemistry i think to all of them and i believe that their love is strong and will make troguh ,i have hope that will finally win they deserve a happy ending. As Ian ‘s last season to have a positive exit not to be kill off , i dont want this for his caracter as Damon in this show. they could make Delena a happy ending as damon and elena togheter and married , as they leave Mystic Falls and live happily ever after.

• ElenaTVD8 says:

i agree with you in all that you said ,you are right and i hope for the next season 8 with so much entuziasm for all the caracters and of course the return of Nina ‘s cacracter as Elena back on Mystic Falls . A happy ending for Damon and Elena far away from Mystic Falls to live togheter ,being a family is all they wanted from life. Delena true love # TVD.S8

5. Uday Anit says:

Is Damon alive???

• Brittany Donlan says:

Yes but the demon thing from the vault has turned him in to something really bad, along with enzo

6. Stacey says:

I’m fine with a Delena endgame and I love ND! But Julie, you have to fix Caroline. I don’t know who that character is anymore. Who leaves their kids and forgives and gets back together with the guy she supposedly hated, just an episode ago. Very poor writing and horrible storytelling. RIP Caroline Forbes, if your character ever comes back again I’ll tune in, till then I’m out.

• Hannah says:

I’m not fine with the dullena endgame and I hope Plec realizes that not everyone drank the dullena kool-aid. It has been so nice to not have to endure that toxic obsessive disease that plagued this show. I can only hope Plec will let everyone move on from the plague and when Elena wakes up she will move on as well. I love that Plec said she doesn’t believe in endgames.

• Shauna says:

The only thing that.makes me.crazy is caroline is dating her best friend father figure. He watch the. In high school as an adult and then is now wanting to marry his teacher. Tgif

• Agreed !! Especially after she told her twins that if they cant open the door of the armory then someone will take their mommy away from them and she cant tug them at night… How can she leave them still…. so selfish… poor Alaric n twins :(

7. Tam4423 says:

I don’t even know what to say about this episode. I can’t say whether I liked it or hated it. I guess I’m just indifferent. Don’t understand how Caroline leaves children she has raised for the last three years behind. But Okay! What happened to Damon and Enzo was not exactly shocking. Okay he heard Elena’s voice and got lured in. Common sense should have told him that was going to happen and it wasn’t her at all. Especially with him being reminded of that on the phone. To me it would have probably been better if he saw her. Maybe from behind or something. That has been done a million times in horror movies. So, it’s not very inventive. The only really interesting part in the episode was Bonnie two seconds from killing Enzo. Other then that, the rest was just bla. I know Matt killed the fiance but did anyone really care about that character enough to waste precious time showing her in a season finale. I know Matt had to get her forgiveness but they could have did that last week. Especially, if we got no cliffhanger for him. I expected more from them. What is the purpose of a cliffhanger if we know exactly what’s going to happen next year. Damon and Enzo are more bad then they normally are. Whoopy! Wasn’t Damon suppose to be more bad then he normally was at the end of last years season? What did we get that was shocking?

• DeniseO says:

You took the words right out of my mouth I honestly couldn’t have said it any better! I love the show and the writers but this finale was dull, like you stated the most interesting thing that happened was Bonnie almost killing Enzo. Ugh. I’m mostly likely gonna watch the next season just to know what happens but I really hope they end it with a bang and not a fizzle!

• AnnaB says:

I agree. Caroline was worried about seeing her kids an episode ago and now she is ok to give them up and walk away, just like that. That’s not her. And what’s the point? So she can be with Stefan? No one that’s carried a child, raised them for three years would ever have the heart to do that, especially after what she’s gone through to keep them safe. Caroline and Stefan just do not, I repeat, do NOT have some epic love together. As creepy as it was that she was with Rick, that relationship made more sense. The thing with Damon was dumb. He knows Elena wouldn’t be in the tomb. He’s didn’t live as long as he did by being an idiot. Please bring back the real Damon. The whole Elena story ruined him. And yes, poor Matt. I hope he’s gone now. Not because I didn’t like him, but because he was the token human and his parts were ridiculous. So do the writers have any new material? If not then how about killing off these characters and starting over? These stories have run their course.

• Vampfan says:

You are so wrong, Carolina didn’t leave the girls. She just choose not to go back with Alercic that night. But to to be there for Stefan. And to find closure and to see what time happen. And at the end of the day she knows the girls will be okay and right now Bonnie and her friends needs her.

8. Second worst season after season four. My theory on the the dark creature probably dark Elena, but whatever it is it probably won’t have any payoff like this entire season.

9. liame says:

Bonnie and Enzo are incredible together, their scenes were amazing. Poor Bonnie, her actually love scenes throughout the seasons probably add up to about 1 hour screen time and that’s being generous.

10. Maurice says:

I loved season 7 its the first season I’ve injoyed since 3 but the finale was so disappointing the only parts I injoyed were when Bonnie almost killed enzo and when stefan and caroline got back together. I still think that season 5 was the worst season but even its finale was better then this I hope next years finale is good

11. S says:

I feel like Damon and Enzo are possessed by the Kitsune twins. It’ll be interesting to see what they get up to next season though. Can’t wait!

• Cheyenne says:

Right that would be nice if they put the books in the show it’s a bit annoying that they rarely ever use the books in the show

12. Maria says:

i feel bad for Aleric. They needed to build that relationship more so that we could understand the struggle Caroline was going through when she ultimately chose Stefan.

13. Gen says:

Omg! Ok I loved that enzo and Bonnie finally were happy for like a sec but wtf. . it was ripped away .. And demon get sucked in by the voice.. I can’t wait till next season I think that the love story will be with enzo n Bonnie now as well as Caroline and Stephan

14. Jacqueline Case says:

BEST FINALE IN TVD HISTORY! Just amazing!
    The last five episodes have been some of the best ever. I can’t wait for season 8. Thank you TVD for getting back on track and making this experience similar to what I felt when I started the show in Season 1. Like life there have been ups and downs but this still a fantastic ride and I for one have no intention of getting off!

• Flashrow says:

Seriously? Even the worst season of TVD has better finale than this. It is like we don’t have yet big bad for the next season, we just do this crappy finale and write in summer

• LOL says:

The only reason the people on here are happy is because of ships it has nothing to do with the horrible plots. They don’t care if things are crappy as long as they got the last few minutes of kisses and Damon hearing Elena’s voice. LOL

• Tithi pal says:

Exactly. U said the right words. Delena is good but overrated so as steroline

• Cara says:

Delena has never been good and highly overrated and steroline is just a joke.

• ElenaTVD8 says:

Delena is good in more possible way ,since i watch this show from the beginng was the most slefless thing when Elena love for Damon changed him in a good persson , a better man like she wanted, and she did with her love made him more stronger,to care and help when someone need you. true love make miracle when we are with the personn that we love

• I don’t watch the show because of the ships and I thought the finale wasn’t that bad.

15. MIRENA says:

I haven’t heard her YETTTTTTT!!!!!! have to way 4 SUNDAY!!!!!

16. katie says:

I really, really enjoyed the finale, myself. I’ve been a delena shipper since the beginning so it’s always lovely, to me anyway, when they are able to include her in some way. I didn’t immediately recognize her voice (probably because I didn’t think it would really be her), but knowing it was makes me so happy.

17. Katherine says:

I think it’s Katherine

18. A.B says:

I’ll start off by saying, I stopped watching after the 100th episode. But when I heared that Nina made a voice cameo, I knew I had to watch. So, my theory is: this thing is what took Katherine and that’s why it sounds like Elena. Thoughts.

• Rhae says:

I don’t believe that it’s either Katherine or Elena. But rather something else that possesses powers similar to what Silas had, a power that reached into your mind and made you hear what it knew you wanted to hear. Whatever it took to get you to step inside. Which is why Alex heard her sisters voice threw the walls, despite her actually being dead inside. Obviously the writers have ways of making this interesting so I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended being another doppelgänger in there. However I believe they already used that up.

19. Dee says:

I didn’t like the finale. There was no cliffhanger or anything really to look forward to for the Season 8 premiere. We know Damon and Enzo will eventually go back to being their old selves and they will return to their friends. We knew about the evil that existed in that vault that seemed to manipulate(Elena’s voice) and control whoever went in there, and turn them into monsters. It’s not a big shocker or anything. I just don’t’ understand why Damon didn’t jet out of there as soon as he burned the body. I’m proud of Damon for finally doing the right thing and putting Stefan first. But he lingered in there for no good reason, except that he was probably feeling pretty cocky. Pride comes before the fall.

I was also very disappointed in how Caroline could just leave her kids the way she did. It was very weird. I understand that the situation with Alaric probably should have never even occurred.
    But it DID, and now she has a responsibility to take care of it in an honorable and clean way. I don’t believe she did that. She did to them exactly what she felt Stefan did to her.
    And she just went back with Stefan, and it was just too quick and sudden. I just don’t buy Steroline. Seeing how passionate and in love Stefan was with Elena, I only see how diluted and watered down his relationship is with Caroline. He’s only with her because he can’t be with Elena. He’s in denial about it, and Caroline does know it deep down.

I know most don’t support Caroline and Alaric- but I wish we could have seen their story the way we saw Bonnie and Enzo’s over the past 3 years. I would have been on board with them, if we saw how they ended up in their present day engagement. I’m not clear on their relationship at all. I understand that Caroline didn’t love Alaric romantically(though she did platonically), but he loved her. But she agreed to marry him. So was their relationship romantic at all? Were they going to act like husband and wife once they got married? Or it was all for the sake of the kids?

• sara says:

I kind of got the idea that Caroline was just gonna stay until they figured out what was up with the vault and then do like a joint custody kind of deal or something… I agree though about wishing we had seen more of them together and what they had been through with the girls and all…

• Paige says:

Yeah, I didn’t like the idea of Alaric and Caroline, I mean it’s kind of weird being in a romantic relationship with a former high school teacher, just my opinion. It’s weird. Although I agree with Sara. I don’t think Caroline was leaving those girls for good. Especially when Alaric basically said, “we’ll always be family.” Basically, she’s still their momma, doesn’t mean that she isn’t going to just completely abandon them. Stefan completely abandoned her, it’s different.

20. Nikki says:

The DE part of the episode made my night. This season has been so un-even and nonsensical,but the thing that has always made sense and has been consistently written is Damon’s love and devotion to Elena.
    The DE family is still here and we will watch this show until it takes it’s last breath on this earth.

21. Sha says:

I was excited to hear her voice and even though I love the original Elena I think a recast just for the character would be great because she is a big part of the show and her not being isn’t the same. Bringing her back with a different actress would be great!

22. Andrew Hass says:

I liked this episode.Plus even if Damon is rescued he may not be the same person he was before.

23. chadcronin says:

So she’ll be back a year from now at the end of Season 8 when the show ends

24. J says:

Best part in my opinion was the Damon Stefan scene, those are always my favorite and ultimately the heart of the show. I do however find it uncharacteristic of Stefan to let Damon go into the vault alone. I love Stefan but he should have gone with his brother. And we all know even though they tried to make Damon out as the selfish one this season he would have never let Stefan go by himself if the situation was reversed.

25. Now I get why the 21st episode is called Requiem for a dream, when that actually means Requiem for a what used to be a great show. -_-

26. Tithi pal says:

Really disappointing finale. Same kinda storyline like season 5. Suddenly stefan became more important than babies for caroline. She was with the babies for 3 year. She is their mom and suddenly 24 hour spent with stefan canged her. Very unreal. No mother cando that

27. Carolyn Cook says:

Yes I was very surprised I wish she would come back permanent ly

28. Kaitlynn says:

So after three years, we’re supposed to believe that Caroline abandons the children she carried, birthed, and has raised for their entire lives to be with someone she hadn’t seen or talked to in all that time? How does that make any sense at all? What kind of mother is she? She just used the sad thought of never hugging the twin girls again or reading them a bedtime story to ramp up their emotions to siphon off Bonnie’s spell, and then she goes and does it for real! Also, why did Enzo go into the vault alone for Damon? That made no sense whatsoever. He just managed to secure a future with Bonnie after a harrowing ordeal, and now he just went and threw it away. It’s a paranormal show, so I give it some leeway, but the characters and their motivations at least have to have some realism.

29. Courtney says:

…well anyway, in good news, I’m not easily pushed away so I’ll be back to watch season 8. It’s still a good show despite this season’s flaws. (:

30. Crystal says:

I miss her so much! She made the show perfect for me❤

31. Cassandra of Hilo Hawaii says:

It was so Sweet to hear Elena’s voice, She is a Terrific Actress, I love her♡ I love them all, & I am a Van of the show, So wish she was still on the Series, I do so Understand Much(; I do hope the show Continues on its Journey!!

32. beyslay says:

didn’t like the ending and I love this show but worst ending ever. I want Nina back so Delena can happen!

33. nillo says:

I hate Elena,honestly,I’m not a fan of vampire diaries any more,she just ruined the show for the fans

34. am4o says:

That was a season finally?!?! such a dull season…..pity, really pity… I once loved this show

35. Chip says:

I think the voice was Katherine’s because she didn’t die, she disapeared in the sky. So she made Damon and Enzo killers(Elena wouldn’t do that)and they left Stefan, Bonnie and Caroline.

36. Jasper says:

it wasn’t as interesting as I thought it would be. But I’m happy for Nina coming back for the show, season 3 was my favorite season of all the series. I just hope the seasons finale will be more interesting

37. Ujjyani Banerjee says:

On the contraire (to 85% of the comments here), I actually found this season the best and hands down loved the finale! It had just the perfect amounts of mythology, creepiness, romance, brotherhood and closure of, what I’d say, a mature season on television. When a show ages, it starts shifting from the eye candy romances and hot stuff to its real roots & that is exactly what Julie Plec, Caroline Dries and Rebecca Sonnershine did. Kudos to these 3 awesome ladies for strutting with their head held high in spite of the slew of hatred this season received. What is super funny is that haters still take pains to come down, read an article of the show they supposedly “hate” and spread negativity, while the real admirers just sit back, smile at the comments and continue appreciating the show.

What we keep forgetting is that a show wouldn’t have been renewed to S8 (FYI 90% of shows get cancelled after S1… so you can imagine how far TVD is in this race) if it were a lost cause; the networks understand it (economics) much better than we do. So I am definitely counting days for Season 8 of TVD to premiere.

The tiny Delena reunion, the much-awaited Steroline moment, the understanding husband in Alaric, the painful predicament for Bonnie, Matt Donovan’s realization and the vault scene (DeFan moment) were simply praiseworthy.

I have developed a new found respect for Ian this season. His acting was crazy good- the civil war episode, the vault scene (though he looked unbelievably exhausted in this entire 22nd episode… Ian developed dark circles this season), he has matured so much as an actor!

P.S. To the cast/crew and writers: Please enjoy the hiatus thoroughly; y’all deserve this well-earned break. Waiting for you all to come back pumped and again treat us with such kick ass storytelling. #TVDForever xoxo

38. Anna Marie Maas says:

I am totally hooked on TVD although season 7 didn’t get really great until episode 14 and then I have loved the direction it was going, I keep rewatching the old seasons and this one since episode 14, and I am not a teenie bopper I am 67 but young at heart. can’t wait till season 8 , this show is one of only 3 shows I watch on TV ( the other 2 are Big Bang and Lucifer)

39. Anna Marie Maas says:

and of course how could I forget the Originals

40. Robert Villareal says:

That would be a great deal. For ELENA to “RETURN “TO BE THE GREATEST TO BE THE THING MONSTER OF THE ARMORY. BEING A SEDUCTIVE LURING POWERFUL VAMPIRE PLUS WITCH, WEREWOLF GHOST OF DARK SIDE.

41. DelenaEndgame says:

I am thrilled that Nina Dobrev came back to record that voice over for the finale. I was wondering if it was new or not but that means she still cares about us TVD fans and that she will be returning for the series finale. The series should end next season as it will be Ian’s last and to have two of the three original lead characters just will not be good for the show.

42. terah says:

I have seen every episode since episode 1…and I will remain loyal… Elena’s character didnt carry that whole show for me…actually her character started to irk my nerves…anyway…I have love for all of the characters from the show…so what she left…and please don’t jinx my show for next season…if ur so disappointed. ..don’t watch…Case closed..

43. terah says:

My question is why did Caroline have to sleep with every guy on the show except Enzo I think? And bonnie only had 1 real relationship with Jeremy when they weren’t killing him or bonnie for the millionth time…

44. terah says:

I will be a fan until the show ends

45. Julie says:

Definitely was a really bad ending I had to question if that was a regular episode. I ador enzo though what a romantic bad ass :).I honestly hope that Elena and Jeremy come back I miss them and Caroline in my opinion is better as the mother then the girlfriend to Stephen.

46. tvdgurl says:

I’m not a fan of Elena, her character comes off as really annoying, but i want Delena to work out so i want her back. I wasnt surprised that her voice came from the vault- was expecting it. Overall i disliked this season and the finale.

• tzezuko says:

I’m kinda sad so few have even acknowledged the chemist of Bonnie+Enzo. I like them together. A LOT! in the books there was supposed to be this ‘thing’ between Bonnie and Damon but of course in the show there was just no room. Their bromance was strong, yet ultimately shaken because of Damon’s self-induced hibernation. While he was gone though, that allowed for his two closest friends to find one another. I really liked seeing how it unfolded.

I’d be interested in seeing more of THEM than Steroline or Dalena. I’m pretty worn out with both Salvatore brothers’ romantic interests. Caroline didn’t feel quite right this season. It makes little sense for her to drop her children (and yes, HER children) – she provided all but the genetic material for them! And I am sorry, i never liked Damon+Elena. But then, i’m not a fan of Elena. I always liked Katherine more lol. She was more fun. Vampire Elena was a very pale comparison. I kinda wanted to see Stefan+Elena (the “destined” romance), Damon+Katherine (Fire+Oil=Burn the World kinda Love), Caroline+Klaus (Beauty and the Beast), and now, finally, Bonnie has someone worthy of her! YAY! Bonnie+Enzo (Sorceress and her Dark Knight).

I’m a little bummed we went back to the hunter plotline this year and i’m really REALLY hoping we don’t go back to the doppleganger one. I loved the idea of it, but the whole concept was destroyed with the Travelers plot. I really didn’t like those twists :(

Please focus more on the Bonnzo going forward. Bonnie is due some joy. How many times has she suffered in silence, put her life on the line, sacrificed and lost EVERYTHING so her friends could continue? How many times has she died – yes DIED for her friends >.> Webisodes? come on, give us more of these two! Even the banter is pretty awesome!))

As for this season, There were a lot of loose ends, a lot of storylines, some i liked more than others. I liked the huntress, but I don’t think she needed to be a huntress of vampires specifically. We had that with Jeremy a few seasons back. Why not a huntress of supernatural beings in general, attuned to their presence – it could have made for a very interesting premise to have Bonnie take on that role and it could have given a renewed direction to the TVD gang if what was in the crypt were phantoms and ghosts; malevolent spirits that had to be rounded back up across the ‘world’. It might have given us the chance to return to the ‘Scooby Doo Mysteries” feel of the earlier seasons.

I didn’t care much for the armory as a group. Why are they just showing themselves. They’re pretty late to the party if they’ve ‘always been there’. If anything, I thought Alaric would take over the armory- totally his sort of thing. 15 years down the line, his twin daughters could be awesome kickbutt siphoners with an arsenal at their disposal and daddy having taught them everything they needed to know about the supernatural! The heretics started out so interesting and then everything got jumbled up because of all the storylines going and subplots. Phoenix Stone…apparitions, dead vampires jumping into various bodies. So much – I think too much to handle in a season or two.

I’m curious what the thing in the vault was, but also curious why Enzo went in. He knew what it was after confronting his cousin in the psychiatric ward and demanding the truth. Why risk everything all over again? Maybe he just likes to hurt himself like a certain Original Vampire ><

I'd totally be ok with the TVD and TO doing a lot more crossovers to solidify a universal storyline. It could have been interesting to have Reyna jumping back and forth between the two shows (or Bonnie since the witches are totally screwed in New Orleans now! But you took Bonnie's magic again :( ). I think the two shows have a lot of potential story to tell together. Also…where is Tyler again and Jeremy for that matter! Matt made the right decision to get out – he's human, totally human! He needs to get as far away as possible to have a normal life. Everyone else, well they are a part of this supernatural world. They need to learn how to adapt.

So ya, please, let Elena sleep for a while longer and let us get a chance to focus in on ONE really strong storyline!!!

47. Shauna says:

Tvd is a wonderful and i grew up as they did with the high school to college and now being a adult. This show must return. I love these people and it needs to go on. Finish atleast what they started and not leaving us wondering is damon going to see elina and is bonnie going to die or find a way to find the forever and never see damond again . So many questions need to andwered. I need closure!! Haha what is that in the cave. Ia it evil spirt or a person.

48. Tayla says:

I really want nina dobrev back to the cw it feels weird with out her the shows getting really boring without her but i still love the vampire diaries

49. gift says:

come on guys Stefan too has gone through a lot u know after Elena broke his heart nd chose his his brother over him, how many people will get over that? Stefan still let it go because he loves his brother the most. He would leave everything to save damon which he did by sacrifice himself to klaus to save damon. falling for Elena was unexpected for him since we all knw how he hated Katherine. He was never in love with her but damon loved Katherine then Elena. Stefan is over Elena or he wouldn’t be dating Caroline. Caroline has gone through so much rejection in her relationships in the show, she’s suffered too. I think she most wanted to find love which she has now with Stefan. In the beginning of the show I think saw Stefan first nd was interested in him before Elena. As of leaving her children, I don’t think she did. let’s assume the darkness didn’t get damon nd Enzo, don’t u all think she would have asked Stefan to come live with her in the same city her kids is so she could be part of their lives. Just because she went back to Stefan doesn’t mean she would abandon her kids.

50. Erin Cassie says:

I think this show is doing great without Nina. I feel sad for Damon but I feel like Nina acting was always pushed making it feel fake. I hope hope hope the show last a long time! But, I also think when it is time to wrap it up bringing Elana back would be a nice touch. Damon deserves his love! Thank you for this amazing show! I love the Vampire Diaries!