Timeless Lawsuit

NBC Orders Timeless Drama to Series

Nearly 24 hours after ABC gave a green light to Time After Time, NBC has ordered to series its own time travel drama, which is now titled Timeless (fka Time).

From Eric Kripke (Revolution), Shawn Ryan (The Shield) and the producers of The Blacklist, Timeless is described as an action-adventure series in which a mysterious criminal (ER alum Goran Visnjic) steals a secret state-of-the-art time machine, intent on destroying America as we know it by changing the past. Our only hope is an unexpected team: a scientist (Better Off Ted‘s Malcolm Barrett), soldier (90210‘s Matt Lanter) and history professor (Rectify‘s Abigail Spencer) who must use the machine’s prototype to travel back in time to critical events.

While this intrepid trio must make every effort not to affect the past themselves, they must also stay one step ahead of this dangerous fugitive.

The cast also includes Paterson Joseph (The Leftovers), Sakina Jaffrey (House of Cards) and Claudia Doumit.

1. John says:

Any word on Cruel Intentions?? I’ve been refreshing the page all day for updates!!

• Yolanda says:

I think it’s done I read couple days ago that NBC was thinking about choosing one of those two. As it’s been just confirmed it went with Timeless. That can only mean we won’t see Katryn Merteuil on our small screen :(

• james says:

But I read somewhere else that Sony was trying to sell timeless, the blacklist spinoff and cruel intentions as a package deal pickup

2. MissEllys says:

Out of the three time travel shows ordered, this one sounds the most promising.

3. Jennifer says:

Love the cast, but this sounds awfully close to Legends of tomorrow, minus the superpowers.

4. Morgan says:

Really hope I don’t get time travel drama fatigue next season. We’ve gone from a couple to a lot real quick.

5. Mary says:

So after a lot of superhero shows (one of which is a time travel show and one that has a character that has time traveled a few times), we get time travel shows.

6. Goldenvibefan says:

Awesome, all 3 of the nbc pilots I wanted to get an order now have! Yes yes yes!! :D

• I went through the gallery embedded in this article, and there were maybe five shows altogether that sounded appealing. Probably a good thing–I watch way too much TV as it is since movies these days basically suck.

7. Kevin K says:

Should be an awesome series because of the concept and NBC has high hopes.

8. anon says:

I read an Animorphs Super Special with a similar premise back in the day!

9. Lucas says:

Um… Isn’t this the premise for season one of Legends of Tomorrow?

10. Aaron Perlman says:

Sounds like the 80’s classic Voyagers! Except without learning from a little kid.

11. Lysh says:

Legends is all the time traveling I need tbh, but I’ll always check out an Eric Kripke show.

12. So for identifying other shows the creators have worked on, for Eric Kripke you use (Revolution) which lasted, what, 2 seasons? Instead of Supernatural which will be going into it’s 12th season and is the longest continuously running genre show in the history of television??? I rather suspect that THAT is the magic NBC is hoping he can recreate!

• Alex Jones says:

Well it’s the longest running american one, doctor who which is a british sci-fi show has run longer.

• well….that was why i qualified my comment with “continuously running”. However the point really was why pick Revolution as the identifier when you have one that is so so much more successful?

13. Lauren says:

Any word on Mirandas rights?

14. Hey look at that! Matt Lanter’s actually playing an adult!

15. christopher bee says:

SciFi on NBC? Don´t get attached too much ´cause it will be canceld after one season.

16. If you like time-travelling shows, you should watch 12 Monkeys! It is brilliant xoxo

17. arial2 says:

Re Designated Survivor: Wow, low-level cabinet member becomes President after everyone above him is killed in an attack. Were the attackers Cylons and is the new President descended from Laura Roslin’s bloodline? “This has all happened before…”

18. I wonder, would it have not been better to get a better pilot/story idea for a reboot of The Time Tunnel than getting two(2) series about time travel green-lighted (“Time After Time” and “Timeless”)?. Science fiction related, both are welcome.

19. Bark Star says:

*yawn*

20. Ally Oop says:

I’ll definitely be watching this so long as its serial in nature. If its too procedural, meaning that there’s a “time incident of the week” Ill drop it.

21. Will says:

Eh…sounds like Legends of Tomorrow on the CW. I gave up on Legends. No superpowers? I pass.

22. Doc says:

I hope they go back in time and prevent slavey and racism from happining. Then maybe this country wouldn’t be in this mess we’re in now

23. I keep thinking I have seen something like this before. I even remember seeing their time machine in a tv series before this. It was just a pilot episode and it never became a full season.
    For the life of me though I can not remember what it was called? Can anyone help?