Last Man Standing Renewed

Last Man Standing Renewed at ABC

Last Man Standing has cheated death once again.

After another year of down-to-the-wire license-fee talks with studio 20th Century, ABC has renewed the Tim Allen comedy for a sixth season, TVLine has learned.

Last Man Standing‘s reprieve comes on the heels of ABC’s massive Thursday house-cleaning that claimed seven series, including Castle, Nashville, Agent Carter and The Family. However, Last Man Standing‘s Friday-night companion, rookie sitcom Dr. Ken, was spared.

In TVLine’s annual “Keep or Cut” poll, 33 percent of respondents urged ABC to renew LMS, while 18 percent called on the network to stick a fork in it. The majority — 49 percent — were like, “Who cares? Not me!”

Which category do you fall into — happy, annoyed or indifferent? Proceed to the comments with your answer.

1. Jennifer says:

Thank God. I really REALLY like this show. At least a few of the shows I like were spared. (Not many though :( )

• Guest says:

I tried to watch the show a couple of times at the beginning, but just couldn’t get into it. However, my 90s child self gives Tim Allen a place in my heart, so I’m glad it got renewed.

• sarah t says:

I like it too though it’s waned a bit in the last year as far as jokes go. Still pretty good though.

• Lana Cox says:

I love LMS!! Everyone on the show is funny, and they don’t stop being funny as the seasons go by. Really glad they’ve got another season. :-)

2. sibile smith says:

very happy!

3. Sam says:

Great news! This show is the quintessential classic family sitcom. It is a solid show that delivers week-after-week. Very excited for a 6th season of LMS. Congrats to the cast and crew!

4. lll says:

Last Man Standing was literally the Last Show Standing for the past few years.

5. Courtney Larson says:

Not a big fan, but I’m glad it’s got another season. At the very least, it deserves to have a final season to wrap up storylines, as well as give fans and the cast/crew a chance to say goodbye. The older a show gets, the more this is a good strategy. We’ve seen what happens when older shows don’t get this type of respect from networks & when they do.

6. This is why ABC is at the bottom of the network barrel :-O

7. Kevin K says:

That’s great news but I’m wondering if ABC is going to have yet another bad year with a new boss of the network despite having nine of their shows including veterans Nashville and Castle cancelled just yesterday.

• thisismenow says:

The new boss is buddies with Shonda. She has to clear up the budgets to ensure that she can keep her friend employed with as many shows as possible. The Catch shouldn’t have been renewed under any means and no other network boss would have done it. The fact they had Castle and Nashville gearing up for a new season, hiring new heads of the show and giving both the illusion of forward progression until the last minute shows how ineffective the new boss is. These Veteran shows should have been told a month ago, finalize all your story arcs and given a proper series finale. I know Castle recorded two finales, but did Nashville?

8. Goldenvibefan says:

Awesome news!

9. Dennis says:

Not surprised, it’s ratings on Fridays are great!!

10. c-mo says:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Andrew Hass says:

I’m ecstatic by this news because i love Last Man Standing!

12. Maria says:

Good news.
    When LMS first aired, it was a little different seeing Tim Allen play off an actress that wasn’t Patricia Richardson. But as time went on, he and Nancy Travis developed a nice chemistry, and they seem pretty believable as a tv couple. And the other actors are great in their roles…especially Kaitlyn Dever and Jonathan Adams.

13. Holly says:

I look forward to the next season of this show because in my opinion, it is one of the few shows on TV that is actually worth anything.

God bless you always!!!

Holly in East Tennessee

• Sharon harrell says:

Agree with you, Holly. Love Tim Allen and all the cast members.

• Diane Thompson says:

I tried to watch it before and just couldn’t get into it. But it’s now in reruns and I am hooked ! It’s laugh-out-loud funny and smart. All the characters are funny, there’s no smart-mouthed bratty kid trying to make chumps out of his parents, and I happen to agree with “Mike’s” philosophies in his vlogs. Finally conservative views in a quality show done in good taste. Can’t wait to see more!

14. John Jacob says:

Family really loves this show. The kids love it and the wife loves it. This paired with Dr. Ken is just simple fun family watching. Nobody said it’s stellar TV.

15. Carla Krae says:

Yay! One of my other half’s favorite shows.

16. Pasquale Definizio says:

Happy they renewed. Fun show to watch.Very unhappy they didn’t renew NASHVILLE.

17. iakovos says:

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? LMS is that kind of show.

18. Bernadette Foster says:

So happy Last Man Standing has been renewed for another season. Really enjoy Tim Allen’s humor. The whole cast is great !

19. Mary says:

ugh, I guess there is no rhythm or reason on what shows stays or goes.

• Chris says:

Shut up..only good show and mandys hottt!!!!!

• Richard Cranium says:

Mary, the correct phrase is “rhyme or reason”. And there is a “rhythm or reason on what shows stays or goes”. There are three grammatical errors in that sentence, Mary. If you are going to express an opinion, you should take a refresher course in English 101. You won’t be taken seriously otherwise.

20. dsrbroadway says:

A sixth season? I had no idea it’s been on that long!

21. Bonnie W says:

Good news for us! A very funny show that delivers week after week.

22. Howard May says:

I’m happy, I like this show.

23. Liz985 says:

This show is getting a lot of play on Netflix and CMT and Hallmark Channel. It’s an easy show to get caught up on and enjoy. I suspect that may be driving more to same day/DVR playing this last year.

24. Kristi says:

I’m glad this one didn’t get cut too!! I really enjoy it.

25. HAP says:

It baffles me how the convicted cocaine dealer, who has never been funny, keeps getting work.

• Joan says:

Wow, so one a mistake in like you are never suppose to get work again? There’s not enough show with mature characters. I get tired of all the shows with young immature characters.

26. I think that it is the most realistic show

27. Charlotte says:

We love Last Man Standing! It is so refreshing to have an alturnative to the typical politically correct nonsence that fills all forms of media.

28. Vincent Lubrano says:

Glad it was renewed. It’s a great show. The writing is still fresh. Story lines are moving forward as the girls grow up. Keep up the good work Tim.

29. Kim says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LAST MAN STANDING!!! Crack up every week!!!

30. Wendi says:

Last Man Standing is a favorite show in our house. They simply have to continue this series. We love it!

31. Brian says:

If ABC didn’t pick this up I could see FOX getting it and try to help it’s comedies.

32. Carol Nerby says:

I like this show! Hope they let the latest couple get married on the show and make them an even bigger part of the show!

33. Ella Jasper says:

Love this show!!!

34. Linda says:

Very happy that it is coming back for a 6th season. Love the cast and the show. This show always seems to have negative reviews because Tim Allen leans right as conservative Mike Baxter. There is nothing wrong with that, and people who get upset because of that are narrow minded. If you watch, you will see that it is okay to have opposing points of view, yet still love and be friends with those opposing your own viewpoint. This is not supposed to be intellectual television, it is a family show, and a good one.

35. Bob says:

So glad LMS was renewed. The cast is great and bringing Jonathan Thomas back occasionally was, I thought, brilliant. It would be criminal to cancel the show, as it was when ‘Glades’ was canceled. The people in charge of renewing and canceling programs should poll the people who actually watch them!

• Holly says:

Amen to this. I only discovered The Glades just last year and to me it ended way too soon. May the lead actor find a new TV home soon!

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly in East Tennessee

36. Aaro says:

Keep Last Man Standing!!! My families favorite show.

37. Amy says:

I really love this show! I dvr it, so i can catch up on all past episodes!

38. Patricia higdon says:

Wheel of Last Man Standing we was wondering what happened to it for the last 2 weeks we have missed it I am so glad to hear it is being will be renewed yeah ABC

39. Rick says:

Great news. We love this show and Tim Allen and cast.Keep it going as a great family show and something to look forward to each week. Cast is great!

40. Joan says:

Great! Love this show

41. Cindy says:

Absolutely LOVE “LAST MAN STANDING”! Deals with real topics and is family friendly. Can’t say enough about a show that gives us all that and a big laugh at the end of a hard work week. Hoping it stays on the air for years to come.

42. Kar says:

Just love this show! I really don’t understand what the hesitation was in renewing it. I look forward to watching it every Friday night and I enjoy the reruns on the Hallmark Channel. Great family show!!!

43. Marian Zerbe says:

love love love last man standing. happy to see it has been renewed.

44. Dc says:

Love last man standing ! Nice to see something so normal! Makes me laugh every time!!

45. Great show. hope it goes far.

46. D K pender says:

I love that show and was wondering why it wasn’t recording the past couple weeks. Am glad to see it will be back, Best comedy on TV.

47. JB says:

Best show on TV

48. Debbie Green says:

I love this show, so happy it will be on for another season!!!

49. If ABC cancels last man standing I wont ever watch ABC again

50. Julie says:

Love this show! Warm spot in my heart for Tim Allen but the ensemble cast is just terrific. They should invent an award for Hector Elizondo’s nuanced portrayal of Ed Alzate. Bravo LMS and Bravo ABC for renewing it!