Marvel's Most Wanted DOA at ABC

ABC has opted not to move forward with Marvel’s Most Wanted, the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff centered on former S.H.I.E.L.D. agents Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter (played by Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood).

Palicki and Blood were written out of S.H.I.E.L.D. on March 22, when in the wake of being (unsuccessfully) framed for murder on foreign soil, Bobbi and Lance elected to go way, way, way off the grid, leaving S.H.I.E.L.D. behind.

In the ill-fated S.H.I.E.L.D.  offshoot, Bobbi and Lance are on the run with no friends, no S.H.I.E.L.D. and a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads. Able to trust no one but each other, Bobbi and Hunter form an uneasy alliance with Dominic Fortune, a rogue adventurer with a wealth of resources and even more adversaries, who agrees to protect them so long as they help him with his own agenda. While on dangerous missions that take them to every corner of the globe, the two heroes will help anyone in need, all while trying to uncover the conspiracy that put their own lives in jeopardy.

Thoughts? Bummed ABC has cancelled Most Wanted before ever seeing the light of day? Sound off below!

1. ABG says:

Get them back to SHIELD pls. I’m happy this didn’t get picked up because they’re one of the best things from SHIELD’s last two seasons.

• Agreed. Uncle Hunter and Aunt Bobbi are the best

• Lena says:

From your lips to ABC’s ears. SHIELD just hasn’t been the same without those two. These writers have been able to come up and/or adapt all sorts of mystical, out-there material, so bringing two disavowed agents back into the fold would hardly be the most implausible twist they’ve written. Here’s hoping!

• ? says:

I wonder if they’ll be brought back, or if the show needed to make room in its cast for players in upcoming storylines like the Secret Warriors. Let’s face it, SHIELD ratings aren’t that great so it doesn’t have as large a budget as it used to or as it would like, and the large cast it had heading into this season may have had to be be cut back. I think Lincoln and Ward are on the chopping block before the season’s out, too. Lincoln because in the comics Fury killed Daisy’s boyfriend because he didn’t think he was a good person and didn’t trust him and Coulson’s been making eyes like that at Lincoln, and Ward because I just don’t see how Hive can survive into next year. As for Marvel’s Most Wanted, I never thought the premise had much potential. We’ll never know, but I’d bet passing was a solid call.

2. MrScreenAddict says:

This is definitely a good news/bad news-type situation. Sorry to hear about their spinoff, but SHIELD has sorely been missing their chemistry and humor ever since they departed. It would be a crying shame if Bobbi and Hunter both left for nothing, so hopefully there’s a way to work them back in. At least it’s too late for Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood to get cast in pilots for this upcoming fall season — a return to SHIELD is probably the actors’ best bet, assuming the writers can make it work creatively.

• Tecks E. says:

The problem with bringing back Bobbi is that we already have that kick-ass female character in May. They need to keep up a diverse set of characters. So, maybe May gets knocked off in the season finale and they bring back Bobbi and Hunter.

3. David says:

Good call. I always thought it was a dumb idea.

4. DreamRose311 says:

What! I figured the Agent Carter cancellation meant this was a sure-fire-go. Bring back Agent Carter! ARGH!

5. J says:

NOOOO that means I have to keep watching SHIELD if they come back

6. zackkattackk843 says:

NOW PLEASE BRING BOBBI AND HUNTER BACK TO SHIELD

7. George says:

With the numbers SHIELD pulls in I can see why ABC wouldn’t go forward with a spin-off…

• ABG says:

Yup. Smart move. They should work on giving SHIELD some buzz otherwise ABC will be out of Marvel shows next year.

8. Kris says:

NOOOOOOO They should at least put them back on shield now…

9. peterwdawson says:

A shame. While the Marvel TV shows that tie into the MCU are arguably getting a bit excessive (between Shield, Carter, this and the proposed clean-up squad, then adding in the Netflix programs), the leads are fun characters and it would be nice to see more of them. Hard to say if they’ll make it back to SHIELD or not since that cast seems to be in frequent fluctuation.

10. Ted says:

Palicki’s got the presence and skill to play on the big screen, so I think it’s high time Mockingbird gets a costume and joins the Marvel film universe. Don’t really care what happens to Hunter…he was always just a one-note “jerk with heart of gold” character.

11. Bing Kong says:

So SHIELD dumped two of its best characters for nothing. Great. Shouldn’t be impossible to get back, I suppose. Just a little awkward, maybe.

12. Goldenvibefan says:

Dangit! I wanted this to happen!! Gah, let’s hope they at least go back to shield, cause bobbi is one of my favorite characters on shield.

13. Kph says:

Nooooooo! I was looking forward to this show. Maybe it can find a home on Netflix or some other Marvel friendly channel?

14. No says:

CRUELTY THY NAME IS AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANY

15. Brittany says:

It makes me wonder if ABC wants to rid themselves of the MCU themed shows. Now that Netflix is getting the high acclaim that ABC probably wanted, they are just slowly going to ween us off. I would not be surprised if AoS doesn’t get canceled midseason to be replaced by one of the same Shonda shows that ABC seems to love.

• Ben says:

Established shows don’t really get cancelled at midseason. I’m sure AoS is safe for the full fourth season.

16. Jeff says:

This is so strange. It seemed like a definite go-ahead with how early they wrote the characters off.

I guess they’ll awkwardly write them back into the show now?

17. A. D. says:

Get them back on SHIELD ASAP!

18. VJ says:

Seriously? I just warmed up to the idea and as one commenter above noted, I thought with Agent Carter cancelled that this would be a definite go. No, get them back on AoS, I missed Hunters dry humour. They got Coulson back from the dead they should be able to bring them back from exile (wow. These May Sweeps are depressing this year…)

19. Jason says:

Well they better damn well get them back to SHIELD then. The only reason they wrote them out was because of that show. If they take elements of Most Wanted and use it to bridge them back in, then swell. If they end up losing them over this, it’s one of the most bone headed decisions I’ve ever seen. They have been two of the best characters on the show so they had better fix this and pronto.

20. Catherine says:

If this show isn’t moving forward then give them back to AOS. I love them.

21. Dj says:

Bring Bobbi and Hunter back on AoS and I’m not sure how it would work on a major network, but ABC/Marvel needs to produce shows like the ones they do with Netflix.

22. Carlos Lee says:

Bring them back to “Agent of SHIELD”.

23. Lexie says:

The idea was interesting, but I’m not surprised this wasn’t picked up. I don’t know why, it just didn’t feel ‘right’. Get Bobbi and Lance back on SHIELD and we’ll pretend this never happened.

24. Bill says:

No big shock. As a matter of fact, the ratings for Agents of SHIELD are terrible, and it’s an expensive show. I’m surprised ABC is even sticking with that show.

25. Carol_R says:

Now I can’t wait for SHIELD to be cancelled. Bobbi was an awful character. Once they turned Skye, who was a great character, into Daisy, I lost interest in the show and it seems so did lots of others since they ratings took a nosedive.

• Robert Dassler says:

That’s both unfair and totally inaccurate. The ratings have “nosedived” as you put it due to the coverage of the Presidential Primaries. AoS has a good two or three years in it, and I hope that they get them. If you don’t like it then don’t watch it. Nobody is forcing you.

26. Jon Willis says:

If Agents of Shield can bring Coulson back from the dead then they can bring Bobbi & Hunter back from exile

27. BenM says:

I’d bet dollars to dimes, that next season will be AoS’s last.

• Jason says:

Doubt it. Next year SHIELD becomes Marvel’s first show to reach syndication numbers and the year after, they will reach 100 episodes which his a watershed for profits. SHIELD also has ancillary profitability that can’t be discounted. It’s basically a commercial for whatever Marvel is doing next, keeping the product fresh in the mind of millions. They’ve even started integrating them into comics and cartoons. Plus, they were the flagship Marvel show and in the end I believe ABC wouldn’t be allowed to get rid of them even if they wanted to.

28. Dhhdjsj says:

Bring them back on agents of shield plz!!! The show hasn’t been the same with out them 😢.

29. Emmy says:

I can’t stand her and I can’t stand him when he’s with her.

30. JC1 says:

I’m fine with this as long as they get them both back on AoS ASAP. I’ve missed them both.

31. Art says:

why even green light this pilot? What a waste. Sounds like all the paul Lee projects died. New sheriff in town.

32. Ella says:

Good. I think they were great on SHIELD in that group dynamic but I don’t think they could hold a show on their own.

33. What a dark day….smh!!!

34. Walkie says:

It was never going to work. Those two actors couldn’t carry a show on their own.

35. mike says:

Bring bobbi back to Shield, have Hive melt Hunter

36. Luis says:

So, how are we bringing them in from the cold?

37. JSky says:

I wouldn’t mind if Bobbi came back Hunter on the other hand I never really liked. The character is a uninteresting cliché.

38. Dominique says:

not surprised at all. it sounds like a terrible show and i know i’m one of the few, but bobbi and hunter added nothing to AoS for me, so watching their own show would’ve been a no for me.
    also don’t miss them aos at all.

39. Johnny says:

ok, so write them back into the MAOS series…

40. jmartin63801 says:

ok, so then get them back on M.A.O.S. well…at least Bobbi…Hunter is optional

41. Ray Gonzalez says:

it would’ve been interesting to see if Hunter & Bobbi could carry a series…Heck you gave Agent Carter a run…So why not them…Now ABC has to bring them to Shield…

42. HELP ! NETFLIX WHERE ARE YOU !!!

43. Daniel Adams says:

Sounds like a show i would love to see in tv

44. So Happy says:

I have every hope the brilliant writers from AoS can come up with a clever way to either clear Bobby’s and Hunters names or do something I haven’t thought of something they can return back to the fold!
    I am sorry about the other shows not panning out for them. They would have been great I’m sure :0)
    Bring our beloved spies back please?

45. Cate says:

They should get Bobby back on SHIELD then, somehow. (I can take or leave Hunter.)

46. RachelC says:

I want Hunter on TV in any capacity, so I’m bummed this isn’t working out. They can make it up to us by putting them back on SHIELD.

47. Loretta Belfiore says:

I was actually looking forward to this….

48. Mihijai says:

I missed those two I would be glad of they’re to be brought back

49. AM. says:

I love AoS as is, with all excellent actors, though Bobbi & Hunter did add spice to the mix. I think Hunters’ sense of humor is brilliant – British humor at its best. I think Skye (as Daisy) has lost her edginess & I hope Fitz gets his quirky humor back. He’s one of my fave characters.