Grey's Anatomy Finale Video: Owen and Amelia Are Getting Married!

Extra, extra — somebody’s getting married on Grey’s Anatomy!

As revealed in Thursday’s penultimate Season 12 episode, Owen and Amelia decided to take the plunge and tie the knot. And they’re not dragging out their engagement. The nuptials will take place in exactly one week, on the occasion of the ABC drama’s Season 12 finale.

Earlier this week, Kevin McKidd told teased that in this week’s episode “Owen decides he’s going to take a huge step.” And he wasn’t kidding.

Press PLAY above for a sneak peek at the couple’s super dramatic big day, and then share your reaction in the comments.

1. Gul says:

Im more nervous/excited about April & the Japril baby. WHY is Ben there? Him & pregnant women DO NOT mix. JAckson better get his butt there fast. Cant waittt..

2. NM says:

I love these two characters but with the off and on relationship, this is going to be a disastrous wedding and marriage.

3. Luli says:

I got wedding flashbacks to Cristina and Burke with that scene between Meredith and Amelia.

4. Pamela says:

Amelia is a mess of a character, always some drama and angst going on, marriage is crazy and won’t last.

5. Gretch says:

My predictions for Grey’s finale… Jo tells Alex she can’t marry him BC she is already married, Callie is gonna take off and run away with sofia, April and Jackson are gonna have a healthy baby, Bailey and Ben are gonna talk divorce, mer and Riggs are gonna keep doing it :) and Owen is gonna tragically die BC he is actually finally happy with Amelia and that is just what always happens when a couple finally gets what they have always wanted on Grey’s anatomy

• Velloso21 says:

I agree with all but one of those predictions. Well 2, but I’m not sure how serious you were about the Owen one

• Agree with the majority of those predictions especially Callie – but i also predict that Maggie will get upset about Mer and Riggs and sister against sister will ruin their budding relationship. He gave maggie bacon for goodness sakes… and now she’s in love w/ him.

I don’t think Owen will die, but I’m not feeling these two together, so i’m hoping the impending baby will force the wedding to be cut short and that Owen will realise he’s not ready – Cristina Yang will send him a message of goodwill or something and it will trigger his feelings.

I also think Ben and Bailey will work past their differences when he comes through in delivering Baby Japril (even though he shouldn’t be near another preggo)

6. Ella says:

Really?! Marriage! Ugh, completely ridiculous.

7. Guest says:

How can April already be 9 months pregnant? Has that much time really flow by already?

8. Martina says:

Hell, please nooooooo! I can’t stand them. Only the mention of this Wedding makes me roll my eyes and not wanting to watch the episode at all. Seems Owen always decides to get married way to fast. This is not going to end well.

Please break them up for good already!!

9. Kaliera says:

I hate, hate TV weddings where we’ve MET the character’s family members but for some reason the producers can’t be bothered to budget for them as guest stars when the character gets married. How many sister’s does Amelia have? Three? Tyne Daly wouldn’t show up for the weeding? And Addison wouldn’t show up? Jake? Sheldon? Or were these people not invited which just makes the character look like the worst family member/friend in the world.

10. EM says:

I doubt Amy will make it down the aisle. She’s a runner.

11. kara says:

japril baby is coming…so excited….jackson better not miss the baby birth or I will be very pissed

12. Diana says:

The only way this wedding will be interesting is if Cristina shows up!!!!

• Miss Rozie says:

@Diana, I totally like your style and I agree. Not a fan of this pairing and never have been. But if they must marry, they must. Though Owen would drop Amelia in a nano-second if Cristina Yang arrived on his doorstep. Another Shonda marriage down the tubes in less than one season.

13. Devon says:

How about not killing anyone I love all the characters

14. Lisa Westmoreland says:

Totally agree they say the Owen and Amelia wedding is happening however we all know the tease to get is to watch ….. They won’t go through with it honestly their relationship is kind of starting to ruin the show they fight hate each other make up but all off of nothing just lip service. He sold his trailer a sign he is permanently moving on from the show his time is done and Amelia well she is just there to be there. Just my thoughts!!!

15. I understand if the producers couldn’t get Tyne Daly in the studio, but there’s no way Carolyn would let her baby Amy get married without her. Especially not after losing Derek. On top of that, there is definitely no way she’d let Amelia know on the morning of the wedding. It just doesn’t fit with the character that we created. Carolyn is the type of character who is always there for her kids. Not only her kids, but other people’s kids as well (like Mark). Even if she didn’t approve, she’d go. She didn’t approve of Derek and Addison, but she didn’t abandon Derek. The producers should have figured out something that was true to the character.