Life in Pieces Renewed

Life in Pieces Renewed at CBS

CBS has decided to keep Life in Pieces in the family.

The Eye network has renewed the freshman comedy for a second season, TVLine has learned. CBS notes that the well-reviewed sitcom, which stars Colin Hanks, Betsy Brandt, Thomas Sadoski, James Brolin and Dianne Wiest, ended its inaugural season as TV’s No. 1 new comedy in viewers (10.53 million) and adults 18-49 (2.7), thanks in large part to its enormous Big Bang Theory lead-in.

CBS CEO Les Moonves foreshadowed a Life in Pieces pickup last March, revealing at an industry conference that “about five” of the network’s rookie series would be back next fall. The exec didn’t specify which quintet he was referring to, but many assumed he meant Life In Pieces as well as the still-not-renewed Supergirl, Code Black, Limitless and Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.

In TVLine’s annual “Keep or Cut” poll, nearly 30 percent of respondents urged CBS to renew Life in Pieces, while 16 percent called for its cancellation (the remaining 54 percent expressed utter indifference).

What do you think? Are you pleased CBS decided to pick up Pieces? Or are you one of the 54 percent who could care less? Take a second to formulate an opinion and then promptly deposit it in the comments section below!

1. Jon says:

Yay! Now to just hear back about Limitless and Supergirl!

2. Phillip says:

Yay!! Love this show. Now they just need to renew Supergirl or move it to the CW and to Vancouver so they’ll have more chances of a crossover again.

3. Eric says:

This, Limitless and Supergirl were the three shows left whose renewals I was hoping for. One down, three to go. Very cute show, glad it was renewed.

4. Karen Douds says:

This is great news. Love this show. I don’t understand why it has taken this long to renew it.

5. Lala.. says:

Happy Dance…Happy dance!
    Knew it was coming but still now that it’s confirmed, it’s exciting.
    Love this show!

6. Kelly says:

Yay!! Now just need CBS to renew Limitless:)

7. Phun says:

Great news for the fans of LiP! CBS, we’re waiting to hear about Supergirl Season 2.

8. Renew Limitless please!!! I’m dying here*, CBS, please! :D *Not literally obviously, it’s just a TV show but still, I love it :D

9. Aisha says:

This is great!
    I really enjoyed this show and I loved the separate stories that occasionally linked together, the cast have amazing chemistry.

10. Jared says:

I haven’t seen this show but happy for all the fans. Now a Supergirl renewal is all I need!

11. peter2915 says:

Terrible decision

12. Robyn says:

WOO-HOO!!! It’s shows like this that make me wish there were best ensemble comedy and drama Emmy categories. Now if CBS would just renew SUPERGIRL already!

13. Sue says:

WUHOO!!! Best news I’ve heard so far today. :)

14. JJGrandma says:

Love the show! Big Bang and Life in Pieces are the only shows that make me laugh out loud.

15. GuessWhat says:

I thought this show was pretty weak. But congrats if you watch it. The only show I care about out of this bubble group is CODE BLACK.

16. marie says:

glad they renewed “pieces”…now hope they pick up Code Black!!

17. dan says:

Hopefully this will be the beginning of renewal news from CBS in anticipation of Upfronts coming soon (next week?). I predict Limitless and Supergirl will be renewed, I’m hoping Code Black comes back for a second season, and I have no idea about Beyond Borders. I don’t think Odd Couple and CSI: Cyber will be renewed for third seasons.

• dan says:

Just read an article on Deadline which said Limitless renewal is 50-50 chance, Code Black has a strong chance of being renewed with some tweaks, and Supergirl could move to The CW if CBS doesn’t keep it. As of today CBS was still considering options for all the shows. I was most surprised that Limitless is only a 50-50 chance of coming back.

18. Great news. One of the best comedies around.

19. George H. says:

Didn’t care for it at first, but gave it a chance. Came to really enjoy this show. Glad it was renewed.

• big cheddar says:

I understand what you mean. I thought the cast was amazing and I liked the story structure, but I didn’t find it to be very funny. I didn’t come back to it once it took that break a few months ago. I’ll definitely give it another try though.

• George H. says:

It actually got funnier as the season went on. Were a few laugh out loud, almost pee myself moments, lol.

20. Dennis says:

Guys, I have a feeling they will renew Supergirl…with an “internal” caveat/understanding that if it still “underperforms” next year (by CBS standards), then the show will def. move to The CW for season 3. Sure is nice to be the guy who essentially calls the shots (Les Moonves) for two networks!

21. valerie tower says:

Yeah!!! Love this show. Still keeping fingers crossed for code black

22. tomus225 says:

More concerned about Code Black! Come on CBS renew it or set it free to go somewhere it can be.

23. Kailani says:

FANTASTIC!!!! Come on, Code Black!

24. Marilyn Kasper says:

I’m so happy “Life in Pieces” was renewed. I looked forward to it every week. Even though it made me uncomfotable at time, it is a great show. The stars were tip top

25. Kevin K says:

That’s great news. Hope it would continue to give a big boost for a TBBT lead-in.

26. B says:

I’m SO glad! It’s a really fun show, and the cast is fantastic. Now — renew Limitless!!

27. Eileen says:

Love, Life in Pieces, should have renewed sooner

28. Lisa says:

Yay!! Very funny show. Now please renew Supergirl too

29. Kim says:

I think the show is awesome. CBS needed more comedic shows for its network. The separate story lines are what makes it so unique it teaches life lessons in a manner that no one would understand if it weren’t put into the perspective of them being siblings but living in four different households. Fresh faces and great true to life stories are always welcome. #LoveLiveInPieces

30. Debbie says:

We love Pieces. There have been epsidoes so incredibly funny I have screamed in hysteria. Not many shows can do that.

So happy it is coming back!

31. Shelia Cutts says:

Glad LIFE IN PIECES WAS RENEWED.

32. Brandon says:

Good, now they just need to add Hunter King to the cast permanently instead of as a recurring character. She is HOTTT!!!

Also waiting on them to renew Supergirl and Codeblack

33. Eran says:

Woohoo!!! For the first time in years, I find myself more invested in comedy renewals than in dramas. For me, all eyes now are on FOX, keeping fingers, toes and my dog’s paws crossed for a Grinder season 2!

34. Ronnie says:

I was not expecting to like this show when it debuted. But I quickly found myself enjoying it. Consistently funny, great ensemble cast. Finally a single cam show at CBS that works!

35. Terrell says:

Life in Pieces is funny as hell, My wife & I love that show. They definitely should have renewed that show.

36. maureen says:

thrilled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37. Melissa says:

oh I am so excited, this is one of my favorite shows! I love it very creative and relatable!

38. Brenda says:

I am thrilled that Life In Pieces was renewed for season 2. It’s a great show and I laugh the entire time..Think James Brolin is the star of the show……

39. Laura toyne says:

Life in pieces is the only quality t.v. show worth watching!!! Where is it?

40. Dennis says:

Glad to hear. Has become my favorite show.

41. I like it, it’s fast moving and funny. Glad to see it renewed, especially with all my other favorites that are being canceled on other networks!

42. susan1859 says:

Thank goodness! Thank you, CBS- I have to say this is one, if not THE, best new shows on TV!

43. Adam Riess says:

Glad it’ll be back. Love the show.

44. Cynthia Corey says:

Love Life in Pieces . At Thanksgiving I Had everyone watch an episode I recorded. My daughter said later she thought I’d lost my mind, interrupting all the good conversation with a tv show. They ALL loved it & now watch it also. I posred it on Facebook & got great feedback. Thanks for renewing it.

45. Julia Ann Riley says:

I liked and loved life in pieces glad to see it’s returning.

46. My wife and I love the show, its quirky, creative and wonderful actors.

47. Jan says:

Thrilled. I had written the network asking them to renew it, because of its’ stellar cast. Now, I hope to hear the same regarding Limitless!

48. Gail nolan says:

Love it – one of the very few shows that has some excellent writing!!!!

49. Louise Carter says:

So Happy to hear.One of the best comedies I have seen in quite a few years

50. Linda says:

Absolutely hysterical ….. Great move renewing this smart witty show !!! All the actors are perfect in their characters