Dolly Parton Christmas Movie

Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors Gets Christmas-Themed Sequel on NBC

Dolly Parton is adding two more colors to her already festive coat: red and green.

NBC on Wednesday announced production on Dolly Parton’s Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Love, a follow-up to 2015’s hugely successful Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors, which will continue to tell the story of Parton’s early years.

Here’s the film’s official description, per NBC:

The film delivers Christmas joy and peril as an unexpected blizzard threatens the Parton family, while at the same time Dolly’s father (and his kids) make sacrifices to raise enough money to finally buy his loving wife the wedding ring he could never afford to give her. Meanwhile, an important person in little Dolly’s life begins to see that her amazing voice and musical gift might just be made for something bigger than rural Tennessee.

Not only will the sequel feature the same cast as the original — including Jennifer Nettles as Avie Lee Parton, Ricky Schroder as Robert Lee Parton and Alyvia Alyn Lind as young Dolly Parton — but director Stephen Herek will also return.

Additional cast members, as well as a premiere date, will be announced “in the coming months.”

We know it’s only May, but are you already getting pumped to spend Christmas with Parton? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Me! I LOVE, LOVED Coat of Many Colors. I watched it twice.

2. Lorie says:

I love Dolly, so I’ll def watch her new movie!

3. sarah t says:

Definitely looking forward to this. Wish networks would offer more family friendly programming (not just at the holidays).

4. chadcronin says:

I know a lot of people who will watch this. The first movie was well done and a great cast.

5. Larc says:

Happy they will have the same cast, but it would be great if they put the brakes on Alyvia Alyn Lind’s extreme overacting just a bit. I realize some of that may have been an accurate representation of Dolly at that age, but there are better ways to present such characteristics than by laying them on with a trowel.

6. Betty Miller says:

Can hardly wait. My 4 year granddaughter has watched Coat of Many Colors continuously since the airing. She asked for a guitar for her 5th birthday on Feb.15th. She is singing Just As I Am now. Her family will be going to Dolly ‘ s concert in early June..
    D.C.

7. Lisa Buck says:

We I live, they only aired it once and I missed it. They always play movies over and over, but they haven’t done it with this one. It would be nice if they could show it more on TV. I love Dolly Pardon.

8. Rhonda says:

Sounds like it’s going to be a great Christmas show! Dolly is Awesome and down to earth!

9. Shannon says:

Coat was such a great movie. Can hardly wait to see the next one. So glad they are keeping the same cast.

10. Jacklyn Carter says:

I loved this movie and look forward to this season. How can I get my 6 year old daugter involved as an extra?

11. gyfilmy says:

Thanks, I have just been searching for info approximately this subject for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you sure in regards to the supply?