You're the Worst, The Strain Get Summer Return Dates at FX Networks

Make your brunch reservations now: Round 3 of Sunday Funday is officially a go.

FXX comedy You’re the Worst will return for its 13-episode third season on Wednesday, Aug. 31, at 10/9c, the cabler announced Tuesday.

Also set for a late-summer launch is Season 3 of The Strain, which begins on Sunday, Aug. 28, at 10/9c on FX. In the supernatural thriller’s third go-round, the people of New York City must fight for survival on their own — but will humans or strigoi win the battle?

FX previously announced return dates for Tyrant (July 6) and Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll (June 30).

1. Phillip says:

I would love it if You’re the Worst would marathon the last two seasons so I could watch it!

2. Matthew McDonaldson says:

You’re the Worst is the worst

• Wordsmith says:

It’s sort of designed to provoke that reaction. You kind of have to love it or hate it, depending on how twisted and broken you are on the inside.

3. Bill says:

Why so late for The Strain? Ugh

4. TJ says:

Is this the final season for “The Strain”? I remember back when the first season premiered the creators talked about how they only saw this as a 3ish season story….

• Jessa says:

they said three to five, I’m guessing they’ll go for the five seasons

• Joey says:

They’re only about half-way through the second book of the series (theres three). Their plan was probably Book 1 – 1 season, and Book 2 and 3 get 2 seasons each.

Considering how upset so many fans were at the end of season 2, especially with regard to that one characters death, it wouldn’t shock me if season 3 see’s a huge drop in the ratings. It could also face some more competition since it’s starting later in the summer, and going deeper into the fall. It could definitely be the last season, whether they like it or not.

5. Michelle says:

Why such a late return for “The Strain”? I was hoping it was going to be back in June or early July.

6. You are the worst is one of the best series on tv right now. I totally love it.

7. Brittany McQueen says:

I saw on Vine report that the premier date is August 10 th. So which is it?

8. Denise says:

Me and my husband was looking forward to another series. What a disappointment.

9. Denise says:

My husband and I were looking forward to another series. What a disappointment. :(