Nashville Season 4 finale

Nashville Finale Photos: A Happy Ending for Rayna and Deacon?

The good news we can glean from these newly released Nashville season-finale photos: Rayna and Deacon appear to be in a good place for at least one moment in the episode, if their warm kiss and adoring gazes in the gallery below are any indication.

But just because Maddie’s not in these pictures doesn’t mean she’s out of mind — or episode, for that matter. The official synopsis for the May 25 installment (10/9c), titled “Maybe You’ll Appreciate Me Someday,” says: “Rayna resorts to drastic measures when she learns that Maddie has crossed paths with a duplicitous figure from her past. Juliette must choose how to publicly reckon with the truth of Jeff Fordham’s death—a decision that directly affects Layla. Scarlett and Gunnar consider parting ways as bandmates, and Will finally decides to do what he should have done long ago—step up as the leader of a cause and a community.”

In the pictures, we see what looks like Daphne and Rayna’s performance at the foster kids benefit, Juliette looking fierce (and flying solo?) at the Oscars, and lots more Gunnar/Scarlett drama.

Click through the gallery below to get a taste of what’s ahead, then hit the comments: What would you like to see happen in the country-music drama’s season finale?

1. steven says:

Duplicitous figure from Maddie or Rayna’s past? Can’t be any worse than pedo-Cash.

2. f says:

I hope show gets taken over and it works out

3. Jake says:

I hope this show gets the axe…way past it’s prime..GOOD BYE

• Boiler says:

Jake, in general I humbly disagree. I think the core cast is great and love the music. HOWEVER I do agree it should go if another season is like this one. Hopefully the new show runners, or whatever they are called, change the direction if it is back.

• Jake says:

Boller I do agree that the case is great and the music good, however the story lines are just blah IMO…They need to do something differently or just give us a good series finale and call it quits.

• angie says:

I dont think it needs to be axe, just a new direction. Hopefully with new showrunners that can happen if the show gets rewnew for next season. Great core cast, bad writing.

4. shar says:

Quit watching because of the Maddie story, and putting Avery with Layla.

5. Ames says:

I haven’t watched the last three episodes because I just can’t handle how awful this show has become. I’ve read the recaps and that was enough for me. I’ll tune back in for the season finale and will come back if it’s renewed for another season with new and talented writers.

6. No pictures of Maddie. Is she missing from the finale? We should be so lucky.
    It’s nice to see Deacon and Rayna together again. Those two really deserve a honeymoon.
    Mmm… I’m not loving Scarlett’s hair and I must be one of three people who likes Avery with Leyla, actually anyone but Juliette. Love the character but she’s bad news. I know they’re endgame but I enjoy someone teaching Juliette that she can’t treat people the way she does with no consequences.

7. Cindy Lasseter says:

I would like to see Deacon and Rayna work together and be happy. Maybe then Maddie will come home. I would like pictures to reveal Deacon did not throw first punch. I would also like to see Deacon, Rayna and Daphne sing together as one happy family. Layla needs to go and Scarlett needs to stop being whiny

8. D. Harper says:

Better writers needed. It is the same ole same ole. Give Deacon a little happiness.

9. James Schenk says:

I hate to see Nashville go off the air. It is a fantastic series with great music. Well written , well acted dang it ABC doesn’t have a great deal that interest me.

• Dee Pellettiere says:

Please, please don’t take Nashville off, I love that show. I’ve invested in the show since the start, love the story, the actors and the music. If it can’t be on ABC move it to another channel, I’ll follow. I’ll even subscribe to Amazon or Netflicks if Nashville is on there. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Staci Jackson says:

I’d just like to see the show continue for many more seasons!!!

11. Margie Perez says:

Please don’t cancel the show its a fantastic show with great talent.

12. Cathy says:

Would like Rayna and Deacon to stay married and work out problems with Maddie!

13. Pam says:

This once great show made a turn and couldn’t seem to get back on track. Drunk or sober, Decon is a jerk. Maddie is no longer the darling, she is so sobering and looking depressed, don’t see the attraction for a record contract. Rayna is the only truly strong character in the cast. I hate what they did to Scarlett and Gunner, great talents. Too bad they couldn’t give these great singers a good script to showcase their talent. I wasn’t going to continue watching, so I’m glad they pulled the plug for me!!

14. Shelley Nave says:

I agree, I love this show. The first 3 seasons were very good. The story line with Rayna, her husband, father, and sister was good. She should have never married Deacon, the storyline went south then. I hope the show returns. Great cast with great talent.

15. Shelley Nave says:

I agree, I love this show. The first 3 seasons were very good. The story line with Rayna, her husband, father, and sister was good. She should have never married Deacon the storyline went south then. I hope the show returns. Great cast with great talent.

16. Curiah says:

Please have a reunion with Rana, Decon And Maddie. Bring back the show PLEASE! IT WAS MY FAVORITE SHOWS!!!!!

• Dee Pellettiere says:

ABC doesn’t have that many shows to fall back on, The Catch is going down hill. Their comedies like The Real O’Neals, The Last Man Sanding and Dr. Ken are not funny. Daytime like The View should have died a longtime ago. CBS is the channel with the really great shows, so keep Nashville and do yourself a favor ABC.

• Jfg says:

Please do not cancel Nashville for a reality show. Find it another station. Reality shows are less expensive to produce so networks push them on the public. Network tv is forcing the public to streaming programs, these offer more dramas.

• Joyce D Fuhrman says:

I agree with what this viewer said verbatim!

17. Sassy says:

Shame on ABC for cancelling Nashville and shame on the writers for a poor season four. Not enough music and too many random characters. It was one of my favorite shows. We didn’t need Avery and Layla becoming a thing. Layla had become insignificant for some time. We certainly didn’t need Autumn, Frankie, Cash or Vita. There may be others. Way too much about Maddie. We needed to hear Ranyna and Deacon sing more. I loved Scarlott and Gunner singing, we could have heard more of them.

18. Caity says:

I’m devastated to see this show go. It’s been a hell of a ride. I really hope they put avery and juliette back together, as well as deacon and rayna. Those two couples are really good together when the writers stop writing in so much fluff and bs.

19. Diana says:

I love this show, enjoy the acting & music, big fan of Hayden. I didn’t like the storyline of Avery with Layla; get Juliette back with Avery please. They love each other, just off track. I also didn’t like maddie away from family. Hopefully picked up somewhere else

20. Donna Hilbert says:

Please, please do not cancel Nashville. It is the best TV SHOW on youy network.

21. Lavern D. says:

I love this show. I really don’t want it cancelled. It’s the only show that I never miss. Please reconsider cancelling it. Thank you.

22. Bev says:

Please find a new home for it! A soap opera for grown-ups with great music!

23. Wanda Butterfield Page says:

I cannot believe that you can cancel such a good show. So many current situations: Divorce, alcohol problems, cheating,gay people coming out, climbing the ladder, to name just a few current problems. Please continue this show!! Love the actors, music, costumes and everything about the show. OH!! I am 81 years old!!

24. dot says:

Please don’t cancel nashville. I love the show the music the actors. I look forward to Wednesday nite to watch. Everytime there is a good show they cancel and put on junk. KEEP NASHVILLE ON.!!!

25. Joyce D Fuhrman says:

I will miss Nashvile as much as The Good Wife. Please another network pick up Nashville..on a TV not an iPad or IPhone. I want it TV sized.

26. Susan says:

Good to have a show dedicated to country music, endless cop shows getting tedious. Admittedly there is a soap opera element but would sometimes like to see the message that relationships can be everlasting not chop and change partners when the mood takes us.