The Vampire Diaries Spoilers

Vampire Diaries' Kat Graham Previews Bonnie's Killer Twist: 'She Is Justified'

Bonnie may be channeling her inner Buffy on Friday’s Vampire Diaries (The CW, 8/7c), but there’s one misconception about Ms. Bennett’s new role that Kat Graham would like to clear up: “Bonnie is not evil, she is justified.”

“I’ve always felt that Bonnie was a hero, and what could be seen as an antihero, to a lot of characters in the show,” Graham tells TVLine. “She is never lukewarm, and whenever she is placed in the middle, I’ve always found discomfort in justifying her decisions for that.”

Following last week’s eleventh-hour twist, Bonnie is now bearing Rayna’s burden as a vampire huntress, unable to rest until she’s murked every last bloodsucker in sight. And even though Bonnie has never been the biggest fan of the undead (“She has always felt that way, and has constantly had to battle that inner struggle throughout the seven seasons of the show,” Graham says), the addition of Rayna’s curse into the equation could have fatal consequences.

Speaking of fatalities, when asked what she’d like to see Bonnie do that she’s never before, Graham says, “I would’ve said stake a vampire… but I got to do that plenty in this next episode.”

OK, did anybody else just get really worried? Either way, gather your thoughts about Bonnie the Vampire Slayer and drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Michelle says:

She’s gonna be so badass and I can’t wait. I love Bonnie and hope Damon can pull her out of this in tact. If anyone can get through to her its the person she cares about in the entire world. And yep that’s Damon

2. Mary says:

Can’t wait for Steroline! They’re finally back!

3. spindae2 says:

Paul directed this episode and I expect a bloody masacre. *_*
    Go get the Bonnie. I love this twist, should make these two last eps gain some pace.

4. Angie says:

Give us some Klaroline good news Tvline pleasee 🙏

5. Bwhit says:

Excited to see this Bonnie and nervous at the same time. I am bit disappointed that this will affect her and Enzo but this is TVD, no one gets to be happy.

6. Zubeyda says:

CAN’T BADASS BON AND BAMON

7. Zubeyda says:

CAN’T WAIT FOR BADASS BONNIE AND OF COURCE BAMON

8. Lisa says:

BAAAAMMMOOOONNNN

9. Andrea says:

Bonnie the Vampire Slayer will fall in love with Damon. That’s all tha needs to happen

10. When one half of your otp is in physical pain or injured, and the other half of your otp is freaking out but the first half, despite their pain has one and only concern to make sure the other half isn’t scared. that’s my kind of otp.

BAMON IS PERFECT AND I CAN’T WAIT TO SEEN THEM ROMANTICALLY INVOLVED !!!

11. Cindy says:

BAMON BAMON BAMON BAMON THAT’S ALL I CARE ABOUT !!!

12. Bianca says:

BAMON is so lit !!! Can’t wait to see Damon break through Bonnie and bring her back to her normal state.

13. Arie says:

Please give us Bamon !!! I want them as a romantic couple they are so epic together it hurts !!!

14. Carie says:

BAMON IS ALL I WANT !!! BAMON FOREVER !!!

15. Lauren says:

Here for bada** Bonnie and Bamon!! Bring it on!

16. Salomé says:

Bonnie The Vampire Slayer in love with Damon The Vampire I would watch the spin-off !!! Bamon for the win !!!

17. sotired says:

this doesn’t make her badass any more than humanity-less Stefan, Damon, Caroline or Elena were badass. this just makes her a killing machine unable to use her own personal judgement to weigh in her decisions. Although, i’m pretty sure she’s not gonna murder her boyfriend or either of her two best friends, not to mention the fact that Damon is the love of her OTHER best friend’s life. which just shows how this show has absolutely no stakes and none of the character’s actions even matter. it looks like they’ll copy the Elena/Matt scene from s5 where her love for her friend breaks through and saves the day. more boring, recycled stories in a season full of boring, recycled stories. how is this show justifying another season for itself?

• Ari says:

So don’t watch. I’m finally enjoying a season without dull and horrid DE and Elena drama. So anything this season is 100 x better than the last three seasons.

• KM says:

thank you, and i totally agree with everything you said.
        LOVE BONNIE AND DAMON

• Tunrayo says:

I totally agree with you..the last 3 seasons with Damon and Elena drama was so annoying and toxic…BAMON all the way…but they should find a way to kill Elena so everybody can freaking move on already…

• Lyra says:

Damon will bring Bonnie back !!! She is crying when she is about to stake him that’s how much it affects her and Damon is letting her kill him coz he rather dies than hurt Bonnie.

BAMON IS OTP !!! BYE DE is DEad !!!

• bobbysgurl says:

Sorry. Elena is not the love of Bonnie’s life. That was the one saving grace to this episode.

Bonnie Bennett was BADASS, and I freaking loved it. In these last few episode, TVD has finally let KG shine.

They have had a gold mine in KG all these years. Once they gave her something to do, they hit the freaking mother lode.

18. Sarah says:

I will go down with Bamon ! This ship ruined me !!! They are so beautiful together there are no words to explain just how much ! Bamon feels will kill me in the last two episodes I feel it !

• Bamon4eva says:

Everything with them from 7×14 on has been so great. I can’t wait to see more of them and vamp slayer Bonnie. Bamon is love!

19. Eva says:

Bamon slay !!!! They lit my screen on fire with their explosive chemistry !!! BAMON ALL THE WAY !!!

20. Krys says:

Can’t wait to see a even more badass Bonnie. I know Kat’s going to kill it!!!

21. Stacey says:

Poor Bon, hope Caroline is okay. Also, hope Caroline kicks Stefan to the curb. Maybe Bon will stake Stefan instead of Care, I can only hope. Hope they find a way to help Bon, I want some Bonenzo and Bamon in the finale. I love both couples. Hoping for a Klaroline reunion come season 8!!

• Wes says:

I like the Damon/Bonnie/Enzo dynamic so more this please. As for Steroline. I would be happy if Bon staked either Stefan or Caroline if it means it would rid us of their awful romance. They ruined both of their characters for me.

• Stacey says:

I love the triangle! I would watch a show with just those 3 and Caroline. Care has always been my favorite, but I haven’t liked her SL the past 2 seasons. If she dumps Stefan and Alaric, she can be redeemed. Stefan just needs to go away, he’s become petty,whiny, and holier than thou. Time to stake him or just have him leave Caroline alone.

22. Emma Sproule says:

There is never gonna be any Damon and Bonnie getting together can a women and man not just be friends they our far better as friends like Stefan and Caroline Damon is waiting on Elena

• Your ship didn’t say friends did they?

• Care says:

LOL…Elena is the farthest thing from Damon’s mind right now boo,boo

• Stacey says:

No because it’s the Vampire Diaries, all mf friendships must become boring romances! I’m fine with friendship or romantic Bamon tbh but Steroline should have stayed friends, such a waste of a good relationship.

• bobbysgurl says:

If it ain’t obvious to you, it is to me. All Damon has to do is let Bonnie die. He doesn’t have to fight tooth and nail to keep her alive, IF he wants Elena back. Here’s the thing, he really wants Bonnie to live MORE than he wants Elena right now. It’s not because Elena would be mad at Damon if Bonnie dies. IT IS BECAUSE DAMON-FREAKING-SALVATORE IS “IN LOVE” WITH BONNIE-FREAKING-BENNETT.

23. Sara says:

Love Kat + excited for such a Bonnie-centric ep!

24. Laurel says:

Love it. The bamon is gonna hurt but I am so ready! These two have been the best part of the past two seasons.

25. Disciple says:

Any ideas what happened between Damon and that Shaman after passing the curse onto Bonnie? If he’s the last of the tribe that makes Vampire Hunters, surely there was blood, but Damon seemed to be afraid of the dude. Thoughts?

26. Jason says:

I wouldn’t worry too much. She won’t stake anybody very important (atleast not in a permanent sense). A lot of random vamps are going to have a bad day though.

27. Marie says:

BAMON FOR THE WIN !!! Can’t wait to see their scenes! Hope they get togeter by the finale of s7 !!! They are so lit !!!

28. Leslie says:

Just one word : BAAAAAAAAMMMMMOOOOONNNNNN !!! They got me so hypped about this episode! Hoping for a love story between them !!!

29. Karen says:

I ship Bamon so much now !!! I can’t deal !!! They are just so perfect for each other !!!

30. Sandy says:

Bamon is real you all !!! I’m watching the show for them !!! Such a beautiful ship !!! It hurts sometimes because they just look so good together.

31. Kelly says:

I love a Badass Bonnie as long as she don’t stay the Huntress. Because Bamon has got to happen!💃🏃💕

32. Sharon says:

I can not stomach the thought of Steroline. She had better kick him to the curb because if they get back together I don’t think I can watch anymore.

And can’t those twins just siphon way the scar? The heretics siphoned away the vampire blood when it was in Liz…

• LizBeth says:

This episode was great. Caroline let out a lot of truth bombs to Stefan. We might have to stomach a little in 7×22 but I’m hoping it’s over next season. Caroline and Stefan need to be free from each other. 7×21 couldn’t have made it any clearer to me that they should be friends.

33. Reese says:

Our Bamily is back baby!!! I’m soo lovin them!! Bamon needs to happen , they give me life!! And something to look forward to on Fridays!! They’re back B******!!! I can’t wait I might cry..

34. Mary says:

All I wanna say is I hope y’all can go up to season 20 or something, lol . . . the vampire diaries & The Originals is my favorite TV shows hands down & last week they both took a turn for the worst but I’m addicted to those shows & I wouldn’t miss them for the world!!!!!!!!!!

Damon is my crush in that show so I really hope they all excape from Bonnie, cause if they can find away to remove the hunters curse she would regret killing one of them even Damon, but after all . . . her own boyfriend is a vampire!

35. Candace says:

I can’t wait to see how this plays out in the long run I’ve watched TVD for seven years now I miss my elena I wish she would come back but I love bonnie

36. Steve says:

Hope Bonnie doesn’t kill any of the ‘Regular’ vamps – hope it’s a bunch of anonomous unknown vampires.

37. BVS says:

This was such a great episode with Bonnie and Damon! His speech to Bonnie was amazing and better than anything he’s ever said to coffin girl! I love Bonnie the vampire slayer!! Even though I’m not for Calaric they at least have chemistry so I’ll take them over Steroline any day.

• Stacey says:

Oh my gosh, that speech in the woods slayed me. So sad and bittersweet. Great acting by KG and IS this episode! Hopefully Denzo can save her!

• bobbysgurl says:

I was soooo glad that the mention of Elena did not bring Bonnie back. I couldn’t wrap my head around it the first time I watched the episode, but I get it now. Damon thought that it would be Bonnie’s trigger. I’m glad it wasn’t. Now, he thinks HE couldn’t bring her back from the edge, when in truth it was Elena who couldn’t bring her back.

38. guest says:

Steroline is one the most boring pairings on TV. I don’t care about Klaroline (total train-wreck that would never work) or Klayley (Klaus with a dumber version of himself). Caroline needs to stay with her family or be by herself. Stefan needs to be by himself and grow as person. He’s always chasing after or obsessing about some woman or Damon. Steroline was a great friendship and all this romantic fan-girling and shipping is ruining both TO and TVD. These pairing suck and everyone’s growth is stunted. I only hope to God I never see a romantic Bamon. Just what we need, Damon to be torn or whether his next killing spree should be about Elena or Bonnie – deep inner struggle, lol. I’m glad Bonnie is doing something other than being the token witch or killing herself to save others.

• bobbysgurl says:

Bonnie was sidelined for nearly six seasons and backburnered for just as long. She never had a “strong” love interest or a a clear s/l of her own in any of those seasons. Enzo satisfies the romantic love Bonnie has always wanted, but Damon Salvatore satisfies that love so deep and so powerful that “no man can put asunder”. Damon loves her that way. He is willing to go into the depths of hell for her. That my friend speaks volumes. Bonnie Bennett is the love of Damon Salvatore’s life; whereas, Elena Gilbert is his obsession.

39. Georgie says:

Oh my goodness, Damon giving Bonnie wedding vow type of words in the woods! He has never said those things to anyone else before! Bamon is everything!! Can’t wait to see him give his ‘life’ for her next episode. ahhhh the feeels.

40. Vicki howard says:

K, I’m not feeling it. For once I’d like to see Bonnie happy for longer then a commercial.