Gilmore Girls Rory Logan

Gilmore Girls: Rory and Logan Reunite on Set of Upcoming Netflix Revival

Could Logan Huntzberger be worming his way back into Rory Gilmore’s heart?

In the latest on-set photo from Netflix’s forthcoming Gilmore Girls revival — courtesy of Tanc Sade, who plays Life and Death Brigade staple Finn — Alexis Bledel and Matt Czuchry reunite, which has us wondering if love might be in the air for Rory and Logan once again. (At the end of Gilmore‘s seventh season, the couple parted ways after Rory turned down Logan’s marriage proposal.)

Of course, even though all three of Rory’s exes — Logan, Jared Padalecki’s Dean and Milo Ventimiglia’s Jess — will be back for the continuation, series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino told TVLine in February that Rory is “single in the sense that she’s not married” when the show returns, “but she’s dating like any young woman with that face would be.”

After you’ve taken in the glorious sight that is Bledel and Czuchry’s reunion, hit the comments with your thoughts (and hopes for the Rory/Logan relationship).

1. David4 says:

I can’t get over how hot Finn has gotten!

2. april-aann says:

Rory should have a girlfriend instead. That could explain why all three boyfriends were way into her, and she was just not all that into them. On second thought, nah, Rory was just way into Rory to be into anyone else.

• Patrick says:

As I rewatch the show now that I am older I am amazed at how selfish Rory was, and how immature and needy Lorelai was. What seemed perky and upbeat back then is just sad now. They were super co-dependent, and probably incapable of sustaining a real relationship.

• JoMarch says:

Agreed – Lorelai’s perkiness seemed more manic than perky.

• David4 says:

Yeah, it was bad and funny the first few seasons. Then the characters ‘grew up’ and they really were just a mess seasons 4-7. Hell season 7 they got a little better which is why I like how the show ended.

• april-ann says:

Yes, which is the probably the reason why the romantic relationships on the show were my least favorite relationships on the show. I couldn’t care less if Lorelai and Luke are together (I’m sure they are since almost all fans seem to want that). Luke was a moody loner who, along with his insipid baby mama, treated Lorelai like she was a convicted child molester, making sure she never got near their precious April. And yep, Rory was incredibly selfish, and that’s why I couldn’t stand Rory. She was made out to be this perfect angel, yet she walked all over everyone to get everything she wanted. I always wondered if it was a writers’ inside joke.

3. anon says:

Was there any truth to Alexis being pregnant or was it just a rumor? She doesn’t seem to be in any of the BTS photos. And I’m not complaining- Rory doesn’t need that on top of whatever boy drama she’s dealing with.

4. Daphne says:

My HOPE is that the Life & Death Brigade are there for Logan’s wedding to Rory. But I’m afraid that’s highly unlikely considering how many people prefer her with Jess (plus Milo is doing 3 episodes and that seems like a lot for a character who doesn’t end up with Rory – which is why sadly I think he does)… So maybe they’re still there for Logan’s wedding to someone else and that Rory will be attending as a guest/closure. Maybe Logan gets cold feet and calls Rory? I feel like that would be pretty true to character if it happens that way. But ugh I REALLY don’t want her with Jess, he was such a jerk! And Logan was so good to her! This will forever be my biggest disappointment that they don’t end up together (unless they completely ruin Logan’s character and completely reform Jess)…

• Pixel says:

Milo confirmed he has just shot for 6 days that means his stuff is not so big. I think he’s there moslty and more for Luke than for Rory. As for Matt I think he’s filming since April (probably even when he was still filming the good wife, considering the little screentime he got in the last episodes); he also said that he has read all the four scripts unlike other cast memebers who just read their parts of the script and also, consider this: unlike Jess, the only reason for Logan to be in that revival is Rory and I’m almost sure most of his scenes will be with her. So, I don’t know if she’ll end up with one of her former boyfriend but if so I think Logan is the one with a edge.

• David4 says:

I think you mixed tat up, Logan was a jerk and Jess grew up and treated her so well.

• S. says:

I just don’t get pro-Jess people. Even if you give him credit for growing up at the end, that doesn’t account for the rest of the time where he was a total bad boy. Some women are into that and find it hot, but I never have. He was a bad boyfriend, although a better influence at the end partly because he knew one Rory and was horrified that she was acting out of character. He was never nice to Lorelei. At best just civil for Luke and Rory’s sake. Logan actually asked Lorelei’s permission. I get why he’d be defensive around Jess, and let’s face it, Rory was being kinda deceptive and weird. I think most boyfriends would be a little unhappy about the situation. If she’d made a point of inviting him to dinner with Logan and maybe had Paris and Doyle along, it would’ve felt more like a ‘meet someone from back home who’s doing well’ vibe and Logan wouldn’t have been upset. Besides, Rory had no leg to stand on. Logan had every reason to think they’d broken up before and she legit cheated with a married man back in the day. I’d say she and Jess (who made a point of trying to break up her and Dean) deserved Logan’s ire.

• David4 says:

He was 17 and an idiot. Jess grew up, Logan was a grown up and acted like a spoiled rotten child. I’m not saying Rory should be with any of them, she shouldn’t, but Logan was the worst. He treated her badly, thought his money could do whatever, and that he was better than everyone else.

Rory’s best guy would be Naked Guy.

• Carrie says:

Jess was an angry kid with a crappy mother and a father who abandoned him. He grew up and became an interesting, reliable adult with almost no help from anyone else (aside from Luke), while Logan grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth and fit the stereotype, even in adulthood. Jess seemed to understand Rory the best.

• Pixel says:

I don’t get that obsession too. He was her first big teen crush and it lasted so little and was based on so little (books?) that it would require all those 360 minutes to make Jess and Rory believable as mature couple. Logan and Rory, on the other hand, spent 3 years building something serious between them so it would make more sense to give them a second chance. I still think there are high chances Rory will end up single, but I also think that Logan is the only logical option if ASP wanted Rory to end up with one of her former boyfriends.

• Elizabeth says:

Jess is Rory’s “Luke”

• Barb Walker says:

umm people may want her with Jess but it is not up to them to make it so . #TeamLoganAllTheWay

5. Michelle Hollon says:

I just finished watching the last episode of Gillmore Girls on Netflix. My favorite show!!!!! I really wanted Rory to marry Logan. I am so excited to see what is in the future for the Gillmore Girls and oh my so over the top about Luke and Lorelai getting back together. Love their passion for each other and life!

6. Bwhit says:

It would have been super funny if Milo or Jared were the ones creeping in the back instead of that random guy!

7. vanessa says:

I am hoping Rory and Logan end up together in the end . and they attend her mom and Luke wedding . I really hope they will release the Gilmore girls Revival to DVD because that would be really nice.

8. Btm says:

Team Marty!!!

• Stacy says:

Team Marty who panicked and pretended he’d never even met Rory when he realized she & his girlfriend were friends? Nah.

• David4 says:

The creator of the show should have matched Marty and Rory up before wrecking the show and ditching.

9. Pignrunt says:

#teamlogan! Anyone but #funspongejess.

10. Aisha says:

That filter is amazing for their eyes.
    Anyway, i’m super excited for this revival, even if it doesn’t do everything i’d prefer :(

11. Molly says:

That Face is merely above average. That Personality, on the other hand, is decidedly below average. Rory is about as interesting as a plate of cold spaghetti.

12. Linda says:

IMO, there seems to be way too much of the Life and Death Brigade in this revival for my liking. ( I never cared for them in the first place. I thought they were all spoiled rich brats.)

13. Truth says:

What is Matt Czuchry secret? He hasn’t age at all. He still can past for someone in college despite bing twice a college student age now

14. nicole says:

Yes, yes, yes! Please let Logan and Rory end up together!!

15. sarah says:

I hope she ends up with Logan, but if that does not happen, I hope it is with anyone other than Jess, even if he had turned into a reasonable human being over time.

16. Jeri says:

I’m happy to wait and see it play out. I trust their judgment.

17. Tracey says:

Team Logan. It would be nice to see their relationship reconnected. i think because of the way it ended, they should find their way back to each other. If not, I would say that my second choice would be Rory and Jess. They were kinda cute together but never got that chance to grow up a bit and change those rambunctious ways. Super excited to see the revival…Bring it on!!!

18. Lisa says:

Love Rory & Logan. He is the only normal, non-angry male she dated! He is a good guy and adored her. Jess was always angry, irresponsible & unreliable. I don’t know why everyone prefers him. He never treated her well. 🙏🏻 for a Rory & Logan wedding. :)

19. Kyla says:

TEAM LOGAN!!!!!

20. lauren says:

Team Logan all the way!

21. Frank says:

I would love to see Roy n Logan back together

22. Team logan and team rory

23. Christelle says:

I ship Rory and Logan! Hated the breakup, they belong with each other

24. jo says:

Want rory and logan, interesting to see jess and her toget her then loan to appear sweep her off her feet. Don’t kill anyone one off the show, never know if more sesaons to come. Love for it to be on going.

25. Teresa riley says:

I hope Rory ends up with Logan as well. I think that they were good for each other. Still enjoy watching the reruns of the show. The only thing I did not like is all the liberal nonsense they slipped in and anti Christian bias.

26. Diane Rademacher says:

Boyfriends. I think know Dean and Rory were cute. But never saw more than that. Jess, he was arrogant and was ALWAYS mad at the world. Thought they were good at understanding each other but never saw them actually ending up a couple. Where Logan, yeah he had a bad attitude at times, but so did Rory. Last season. At the wedding when he showed to talk with her she had a cocky attitude. I would have left. Nope he leaned on His car and waited for her to come out. That’s love. So yeah I’m praying for Rory and Logan.