Anne Heche and James Tupper Cast as Married Couple in Syfy’s Aftermath

It’s the end of the world as Anne Heche and James Tupper know it… and they feel fine. Or at least they should be feeling pretty good right about now. The real-life couple has landed the leads in Syfy’s summer series, the post-apocalyptic Aftermath.

Per our sister site, Deadline, the former Men in Trees co-stars will reunite on screen to play Karen and Joshua Copeland, a pair of marrieds who have to contend with supernatural creatures as well as their own teenage children after a series of natural disasters finally sticks a fork in life as we know it. (Wait just one minute: Adolescents aren’t supernatural creatures?!?)

Dig alumna Heche recently guest-starred on Quantico. Tupper is probably best known for his stint on Revenge as Amanda’s “dead” dad, David.

What do you think? Does it sound like a must-see to you? Or more like Dead Men in Withered Trees? Hit the comments.

1. Stacy says:

Hmm. This goes on my maybe list. I’ll have to see a promo. Heche was good on Quantico, too.

2. ann says:

Men in Trees! What a great show!!!

• Liz985 says:

I still miss “Men in Trees.” Such a great little show.

• Ro says:

I liked Men in Trees… though I still think she’s a nut job.

• Liz985 says:

I don’t think she’s a nut job. Maybe a little eccentric or out-of-the-ordinary. I think she was just going through a difficult period in her life back then. She seems to have been on a good and healthy path of late, especially since she became involved with James Tupper. Plus, she’s a great actress. So, good for her.

3. Molly says:

Celestia!

4. LaDonna says:

Might have to check this out. Loved the two of them on Men in Trees! And I often get a kick out the campy ScyFy stuff…this sounds like it could be camp at it’s finest unless they take it too seriously. If they go serious (a la Walking Dead serious) with it, that would be a huge waste of the comedic chemistry between these two.

5. neicey says:

I like the special affects and the idea that there could be some reality in this story. Tho there are some who think its just plain old entertaining. The insanity of today & whats passing as reality tv Is kinda Identical. Its not that far from reality.

6. Nick Nardone says:

It’s not bad! I was watching Silent Hill: Redemption, and then the first three episodes came on. I’m going to watch #4 tonight at 10.