The Path Renewed

The Path Renewed for Season 2 at Hulu

Hulu is staying the course with The Path, renewing the spiritually-tinged drama for Season 2.

The streaming service made the announcement Wednesday morning at its Upfront presentation in New York. The pickup comes seven weeks into the series’ 10-episode rookie season (the Season 1 finale airs May 25).

The Path — which counts Parenthood and Friday Night Lights EP Jason Katims as an exec producer and stars Aaron Paul, Michelle Monaghan and Hugh Dancy — follows a family at the center of a controversial Scientology-esque cult as they struggle with relationships, faith and power.

TVLine readers gave the premiere an average “B” grade (which, coincidentally, is the same grade we gave it).

Will you continue to follow The Path into Season 2? Hit the comments!

1. Pete says:

really liked the pilot but since then it’s going downhill fast

• Annie says:

Really? I thought the pilot was mediocre, but it’s improved since then.

• Pete says:

I’m just not finding it to be a particularly original or interesting take on cults, all feels pretty standard and basic. Really like the cast so sticking with hoping something happens character or plot wise to give it a jolt of energy.

• My thoughts exactly pilot didn’t grab me but the actors kept me engaged enough that I wanted to continue on the journey, feel it’s gaining in complexity character wise.

2. John says:

Any news on 11-22-63? Chances of renewal or was it a limited series?

3. Sabrina says:

Great news. I’m planning on catching up with this show when I have a chance.

4. Kathy Hosking says:

The Path is absolutely fantastic. Tonight’s episode really took my breath away,as I knew something terrible was brewing. Can’t wait to see more. Aaron Paul,you are a fantastic actor/producer. Two thumbs up for The Path!

5. Janet Schulman says:

The plot thickens. It’s getting better. It moved faster in this last episode. The second season should be the last. Sarah should find out the truth and they should go on and continue to have a life of doing good deeds for those that need it. The end

6. marcia sewelson says:

I LOVE this show! Was thinking of dropping hulu just because I have so many pay channels but this show is awesome.

7. Rose says:

Dad said: “If u want 2 keep friends, don’t talk religion or politics.” Aaron Paul took a risky topic & created a timely drama. The film direction & writing suffered here & there, but was generally on point. The directors & writers were consistent in their use of metaphors & symbols. I give the series a B+ & feel it has soared rather than tanked. Best episodes R 4, 7 & 8 barring the anticipated cliff hanger coming in episode 10. If u haven’t watched the series straight thru u maybe missing a lot of contextual info. From drugs 2 heighten spiritual consciousness 2 the psychologically manipulative tactics of wounded leadership, Aaron Paul has nailed the ‘religious freedom’ aspect in America 2day. Bravo!

8. Patty Wells says:

I love the path and am very excited for season 2 would love it if hulu would pick up game of silence that NBC cut love that one

9. Ginger says:

I absolutely love this show, very good acting, great plot, lots of turns and twists, the path has it all, yes I will be watching 2nd season, plz when does it start?

• Scott says:

My thoughts exactly regarding season two. Is this a series that’s going to follow the air-channel philosophy of one season per year, or will they break from that model and release more than one “season” each year. If they had filmed more that ten episodes for season one, I could understand the logistics of filming a new season requiring that much time, but for the start of a series which I could easily binge-watch again and again, it would be really nice not to have to wait so long between episodes.

10. Lorrie Smith says:

I will continue to watch The Path when Season 2 begins. Relieved to know it was renewed for another season on Hulu
    Cannot wait

11. Tins says:

Love the show. When will season 2 be ready to watch?

12. Sabrina says:

I will continue to watch next season. I like the idea that the show is not like anything I currently watch on television. It is refreshingly different, I’m a fan.

13. Cindy Bellanger says:

Love the show, can’t wait for season 2!!!!!

14. Wasn’t overly enthusiastic at first but it does build momentum and finally grabs you in the penultimate episodes enough so that I don’t mind continuing the journey….to the light. Ok overdid that one.

15. Lina says:

Yes absolutely loved the show!

16. Andrea Potter says:

Thsmk you for bringing back The Path gor seadon 2. Love the show

17. Robert says:

Aaron Paul is my favorite actor. I can’t wait to see more.

18. Kassie says:

Yes! When is season 2 going to air?

19. Joy says:

I liked The Path, but then I like Aaron Paul.

20. Adrienne says:

I really liked it,,,at frist I wanted more drama,,then it got really good. When is season 2.

21. Millie Rich says:

Yes have been waiting for the next season!

22. Debbie Stevanson says:

I am an absolute Aaron Paul fan and I will definitely be watching season 2 and it’s great that it is coming back!

23. Andy says:

Its a good show. Can’t wait for season 2. When is it coming back

24. Bryan says:

I thought pilot was ok but show got better and better, im looking forward to season 2

25. TARA LEWANDOWSKI says:

Yes i really enjoy this show ive been waiting for so long for new ones hurry up

26. David black says:

I am obssessed with this show. I was mad cause I thought season 3 ended last week, found out today it’s still going on, it gave me a boner