NCIS LA Finale Ratings

Ratings: NCIS: LA Finale Hits 3-Week Highs, Houdini & Doyle Opens Low

CBS’ NCIS: Los Angeles closed Season 7 on Monday night with 7.9 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating, ticking up to three-week highs and tying NBC’s Blindspot for the first time.

Opening the Eye’s night, Mike & Molly‘s first half-hour (7 mil/1.3) matched last week’s midseason premiere, while the second outing rose to 7.2 mil/1.4. Leading out of an old Bang (7 mil/1.5), The Odd Couple (6 mil/1.3) was down sharply from last Thursday’s episode (8.2 mil/1.7).

Elsewhere in the ratings….

FOX | Gotham (3.6 mil/1.2) hit and held onto series lows. Houdini & Doyle debuted to 2.6 mil and a 0.7 — down 45 and 55 percent from Lucifer‘s Season 1 average (4.7 mil/1.5).

THE CW | Reign (1 mil/0.3) was steady, Jane the Virgin (900K/0.3) ticked down.

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (11.6 mil/1.8) was steady. Castle (6.23 mil/1.0) inched up to a three-week high in audience while dipping a tenth in the demo.

NBC | The Voice (9.9 mil/2.1) rose a tenth, Blindspot (5.5 mil/1.3) dipped.

1. ABG says:

Even The Voice is about to go below a 2.0

2. kmw says:

Good for NCIS LA that they went up. Castle’s numbers still holding and with them holding chances of renewal keep on going up. At least Gotham didn’t drop further but those are ugly numbers for Houdini. Nothing else much of a surprise

3. Boiler says:

Sort of looks like FOX soon to become just as irrelevant as The CW at least as “major” networks

4. VJ says:

Sad for Houdini and Doyle. I watched it on Itv (it’s a international co-prod, I think and it aired on Itv for a couple of weeks now) and they certainly don’t invent the wheel new but it is a really nice evening entertainment and doesn’t take itself to serious. I enjoy it very much and am looking forward to the final two episodes

• vivian ricketts says:

I enjoyed houdini and Doyle too its a shame fox cancelled it i watched a couple of BBC’S houdini awful he is a young, obnoxious spoiled brat prone to throwing tantrums when he didn’t get his way took it out of DVR memory yuck

5. Kevin K says:

Wonder if NCIS: LA stays on Mondays @ 10 or maybe move to a new night next season.

6. Shaun says:

Lol,NCIS LA had a boring finale that didn’t even feel like one,but what Kensi did to Deeks at the end was hilarious.Time to shake up the cast,maybe ditch LL Cool J or Callen or Henrietta(too weird with 2 bosses there).Not surprised by H&D ratings considering the reviews.

7. wrstlgirl says:

It just seems to me that Monday night is a horrible night to stick a new show if you want it to work. I enjoyed Houdini very much and will continue to watch as long as it’s on. Question about Reign, has it been renewed?

• Shaun says:

Reign renewed…scorecard at top right corner.

• wrstlgirl says:

I know, I just remembered that was there. Thanks much!!

• herman1959 says:

Question: Wasn’t John Barrowman supposed to do a guest spot on Reign, and if so when did it air? I’d still like to catch it on hulu if I can. Thanks to anyone who can answer.

• wrstlgirl says:

No I think he’s in the finale or maybe the one before. The problem I’m having with Reign is all the core characters I liked are either already gone or leaving soon. That’s why I was wondering if it was renewed because I’m not so sure I want to continue with it given the way it’s going. Mary and Katherine are not enough to keep me entertained :-)

• Morisot says:

LOL. It’s like sending me into the Metropolitan Museum’s Fashion Gala ! Monday night it’s up against The Voice and DWTS.

8. Tina says:

Houdini and Doyle is DOA

9. mazel tov says:

Not at all impressed with the NCIS LA finale. But t least there was no cliffhanger which requires waiting until the fall for resolution. While I generally enjoy the program I’m getting quite weary of Sam Hanna’s “I’m a SEAL and you’re not” schtick.

Maybe the cast does need some freshening up. I could do with a lot less Granger. Maybe the writers can find a way to bring Nate back on a semi-regular basis.

• Marci says:

I don’t understand why Granger was added to this cast in the first place. What purpose does he serve, except to be annoying? And I too would love to see more of Nate. How about bringing him back and ditching Granger?

• Marci says:

Oops! Forgot to add that it was refreshing to not have a cliffhanger for a change. Maybe we could start a new trend of NOT having a cliffhanger on every show finale.

10. jennifer says:

Houdini and Doyle was nothing to write home about.I agree with the comment by Tina.Show will not last long.

11. Morisot says:

…anyone else think Houdini is channeling Jimmy Fallon ?

12. MMD says:

I guess a lot of people paid attention to Michael’s Houdini & Doyle. I’m glad I did.

13. Jason M. says:

What happened with the whole mole problem on NCIS:LA?? I think Granger said “we have to get serious about finding the mole” about five different episodes this season.

P.S. There is a mole in your ad service destroying my browser! Request Eric and Nell be called in ASAP!

14. DarkDefender says:

Castle keeps slowly ticking (ever so slightly) up. Final serge to see the remaining SK episodes, perhaps… (So much for the naysayers).. but viewers better be careful or they might get sucked in to next season.
    ;)

15. PatriciaLee says:

We enjoyed Houdini & Doyle, and they did a good job with the historical background. The husband was a little confused why Houdini’s wife was not part of the plotting, and I kept reminding him they have to make a complicated premise as simple as possible. This was good development of the women’s struggle at the time, too. I can see the “mystery” solving an effort, but clever enough and not boring. It was a good job for a first episode. Check it out, folks. It had the husband chuckling, and he is on board to watch it, weekly. The fact they are starting the series after Doyle killed off Sherlock Holmes, wanting to move on to other things and books, is quite charming. We all know how that’s going to go.