Castle Stana Katic Leaving

Castle Season 8 Finale Photos: A First Look at Stana Katic's Final Episode

It’s about to get very real very quickly, folks.

ABC has released a set of photos from the Season 8 finale of Castle (airing May 16) — aka Stana Katic‘s final appearance as Kate Beckett.

As previously reported, Katic, along with longtime cast member Tamala Jones (who plays Lanie), was not asked back for Season 9, in the event the procedural gets renewed. Budget tightening was claimed as the reason for the cast cuts.

In the season/possibly series finale, which is titled “Crossfire,” Rick and Kate, with their best lead in hand, are ready to take on LokSat. Alas, an unforeseen twist puts their case — and their lives — in jeopardy, as they target the elusive and well-connected drug lord. Uncertain of the series’ ultimate fate, showrunners Alexi Hawley and Terence Paul Winter said that an alternate ending was filmed in the event of cancellation, one that afford proper closure for fans.

But if they learn by May 13 that there will be a Season 9, the finale as it stands ends “in a dynamic way that leaves open the possibility that maybe the show won’t come back in the same form” — meaning, with an altered ensemble.

Browse the new photos below and snare your latest theory on how the great Kate Beckett will be written out :(

1. The Kaibosh says:

When you gotta go, you gotta go. It is a shame though.

2. Gary says:

Oh a castle story let the whinging and whining start I’m so done with this show or I’m not watching anymore let’s move on and you can all start using that clever add on that came with your TV set called the off button

3. I am really going to miss this show. I have never enjoyed any television show as much as the first 6 seasons of Castle. I won’t watch a show show without the co-lead character Kate Beckett, so I do consider this to be my finale in the show. It was a great run!

• Susan Smith says:

Nope.A Beckett less Castle isn’t Castle.The way they treated SK who has put her heart and soul into the show and who worked so hard getting Beckett right and true should be fired and pushed aside is ungrateful and disrespectful of Her.The Creator of Castle said it:Castle is a writer and his muse solving murders together.I’m Watching Blind Spot next season.Reading the various fan sites “Castle PI/GDS will be missing a large number of loyal fans who watched for 8 years.Good luck with that ABC

4. Mari says:

I am very disturbed at the path they are taking. It’s beyond comprehension. They took a fun little show changed it thinking we wouldn’t notice. It’s sad about Castle’s legacy in scope of tv history they are not just changing the nature of the show but putting a damper on previous seasons.

• DuniaMartínez says:

That’s the point. Like HIMYM. No way to watch reruns after it. I was planning on buying the series DVD and not going to do it. It is so incomprehensible they thinges this move they are making is worth it…

• Sarah says:

Actually the reruns on TNT have become more enjoyable to me now that I’ve seen how they messed up the show this season. Eventually you may be glad they’re there :)

• sunrise says:

I feel the same way about the reruns of Bones which are still charming. Odd how writers lose the ability to write the cute shows that we once loved. I’m avoiding all LokStat stuff which means I’ll just read the recap of their finale and not bother to watch. Too bad, this was such an adorable show once.

• Mark Lambert says:

There seems to be a competition in Hollywood to see who can bring in the weirdest story lines. Flash Arrow, Castle. All good shows ruined by poor story telling and a list of hateful characters. But Castle without Beckett ?

• shirle says:

I do enjoy the reruns more now. Because we had Castle and Beckett together.
          Don’t care for ABC and they way they handled this.

I would have liked a shortened season with the leads in tact giving us what we would like but that won’t happen either.

Fans who made this show were never considered.

• AM68 says:

I so agree! I can’t even watch reruns of HIMYM anymore. Th finale completely ruined the show for me.

5. peterwdawson says:

Just end the show. 8th season’s just been writhing in agony.

6. Alyson says:

This show ended for me at the (horribly greenscreened) wedding.

• Morgan says:

It was gasping it’s last breath then.

• Maria says:

You’re way more patient than I. For me this show ended in season 5 with the episode Still.

• DuniaMartínez says:

• cej says:

I still very much enjoy the reruns. They still manage to capture the charm, fun and flirty-ness that made this series great. The sad thing is, the show could have continued to be great even after the couple got together, but they had to go and mess with what didn’t need fixing.

• shirle says:

Cej- so right!!!
          But leave it to the network- fill in writers – to mess it up.I have read that Nathan knew what was coming about Stana.

I sure hope not because Karma can be a nasty thing.
          I notice they hace kept the rest of the cast in tact.

7. Morgan says:

I hope the cancellation notification comes immediately after the finale.

• ndixit says:

I think Deadline mentioned that we should find out by the 5th or 6th.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It can’t.

• Me says:

Matt – do you mean that the cancellation notification can’t come immediately after the finale? Why?

• Tim says:

You mean the news can’t come after the finale?

The May 5th or 6th date is for the show team. We will probably know a few days before upfronts.

• Andrea says:

What does this mean? It’s can’t because of upfronts? Or it can’t because it’s already been renewed and we just don’t know it? So sad. :(

• Just one thing says:

Matt (whose avatar is disturbingly missing above) is referring to the fact that the ending of this finale depends on the network’s decision – if it’s renewed, cliffhanger-ish ending; if it’s cancelled, “button”/zipper/bowtie ending.

• KLS says:

It’s been rumored that the cast will be told May 4th or 5th. But, the Castle people have to submit which version of the finale to air: cancel (series finale) or renew (season finale) on May 13th. News may leak this week via the cast, but I doubt it after what happened 2 weeks ago. We will definitely know which route is taken, Sunday May 15th after it airs in Canada.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Which… is pretty much what I have been saying?

• Me says:

I think season 9 is a done deal, otherwise all of this drama would never have happened. Why fire
            Stana before being sure that the show is going to last without her? It wouldn’t make sense. Such a shame!

• thisismenow says:

Unless Nathan objects to coming back in Season 9, you can count on it happening. They wouldn’t be attempting to trim the costs of production and garner the negative publicity of Stana leaving if they weren’t trying to make it happen.

• Showtired says:

Nathan IS the reason we had the mess of this season. And he wants the show to continue for ‘years to come’….

• Teri says:

Nathan is an egotistical man. I have lost respect for him.

• Karen P says:

I guess you know him so well, then?

• Darcseid says:

I agree…. I think he’s just full of himself. You get that when you watch him interviews and from other cast members who have talked about him. He’s been around and he’s not the reason I watched the show so… I vote cancel.

• Betisa says:

@Teri LMAO. If we are going to believe what tabloids say well we should believe what those tabloids said about Stana and Brolin affair?!

• shirle says:

I think you may have an excellant point.

• shirle says:

Must agree with that. This has been planned long ago.
        They have worked something out with Nathan.
        They still have to deal with the fallout of Stana

• Diane Fields says:

Stand & Nathan despise each other. They didn’t fire her. She chose not to come back. They had to beg her to come back for season 8.

• shirle says:

there will be no cancellation, I’ll bet. I think ABC know just what it plan to do. We are the one in the dark.

8. aveburygirl says:

A) wont be watching if Beckett is killed.

B) wont be buying S8 if a) is true.

C) wont be watching any future formats of s9 if renewed.

Crazy crazy crazy decision making. Just have a fan happy ending plwase

• aveburygirl says:

Please… Oops

• Steven goulet says:

I will also not be watching if she’s killedif she’s not I’ll be hoping that she’s back for the final ep of s9 that Beckett’s a Senateor or doing something off screen
      Her and castle deserve a happy ending

• Olivia says:

If there is something valuable I have learned regarding DVD sets (and merch in general) these past few years, it is to never ever purchase anything before a series is over anymore.
      The “rewatchability” of some from the start knowing what a mess it’s become and/or how it ends is seriously compromised or downright obliterated (Dexter & HIMYM, respectively, taught me that). I won’t spend anymore money for dust-hoarding stuff. If there is a special moment/episode I still want to rewatch despite a whole show disappointing me, I can do it online.
      Castle, I’m pretty sure, will soon join my sh–list no matter ending A or B. Hopefully I will be proven wrong and it will have a proper ending, as in series finale, with Beckett alive. Whatever happens, it will be the last one I watch anyway.

• L. Cullom says:

My thoughts exactly! I can hardly watch the TNT and late night weekend repeats knowing that the show isn’t going to end well for the character of KB or the actress SK. The series has been ruined for me, and I can’t even get rid of my box set in a garage sale!

9. Natesux says:

Budgetary reasons my ass! Why not let go of some of the supporting cast?? Oh wait that’s right it’s the Nathan Fillion show!! F*ing good redence. This show would never make it a whole season without her! But thanks Mr. fillion for letting the show just end the way it should by honoring the fans.

• DarkDefender says:

How can you not see the truth in the “budgetary reasons”? Beckett’s wardrobe cost have gone way down since the 6×23. No fabulous coats and her clothes as detective were far better than her Capt. wardrobe. They have been cutting the budget for a couple seasons.
      I think the last time her wardrobe was amazing was in Time Will Tell (Alt-Bex).

• Natesux says:

Well that’s because you are stuck up NF ass! Seriously it doesn’t take a genius to figure this out! Some people are not who you think they are. If ABC was going through such a rough time with this show why not cancel it?? Why have a half ass season 9 without it’s leads?? Why waste money on 9 or 13 episodes?? Come on be intelligent. These 2 actors don’t like each other and sorry since Nathan is castle and does have some say (believe it or not) she goes and gets treated like sh*t! Any other show the leads would fight for each other and end a show on a high note. Now this show is just disgusting with the way they treat people

• Just one thing says:

Yeah. They cut the budget, but they’re able to build a brand new PI set for Castle, and have heavy action sequences with explosions and shout-outs in every other episode.
        Beckett’s apartment set was dismantled last season, and this season’s storyline required her to live away from home for around 12 episodes – yet we never saw where she was living. Not a motel, or even a box. Guess she slept at the precinct.
        That was money better spent elsewhere, no doubt.

• shirle says:

I don’t knnow that I would have put it that way but ponit well taken in agreement

10. NM says:

I’m holding out for that cancellation. ✌✌✌

11. Eurydice says:

I’m sorry not to see more Beckett because I liker her, but I’m happy to see more Castle because I like him, too. And I’m really happy to not see any more Caskett because I think the writers totally up that up.

• Eurydice says:

Eek, typos! I “like” Beckett and they “screwed up” Caskett.

• Alex says:

We’ve seen Castle all season 8, and they turned his chatacter into a joke …

• Eurydice says:

Yes, it’s been a bad season, but I still like him.

• He is a joke and a traitor for not demanding Stana return for a season nine like he did with Jon and Seamus! He’s pathetic and I never want to see his face again! Budget cuts? Can you say ‘cover-up’?

• Eurydice says:

Whatever, I don’t care about the actors as people and I don’t care what goes on behind the scenes – that’s not the show. If Castle actually stabs Beckett in the back on screen and in the show, then I’ll get all judgmental.

• Gemini says:

I loved Castle from the beginning until the last season when LocSet or whatever it’s called took Kate away from Castle. She found out who killed her mother and they were arrested; Then she couldn’t just let that go? The new show runners also wanted to have Castle be funnier which made him just look stupid. The premise of the show was Castle the writer using Beckett the cop as a muse and shadowing her. Then they solved crimes together. It was a good show until they changed everything. I don’t like Castle as a PI with his daughter working there also. I still like watching the reruns though–from earlier seasons.

• abcd says:

I’m excited to see what’s next for the Castle series, which surely they’re bringing back or they wouldn’t have leaked the news about Stana. I’m also excited about what’s ahead for Stana.

And I’m with you. I absolutely disliked the Caskett nonsense. What an awkward pairing they wrote and who knows why.

Change is good.

• Rachael Gilligan says:

They still haven’t decided to renew yet. I feel like with all the negative reaction to stana not coming back they may decide not to. or at least thats what i’m hoping since it will not be the same show. it wont have the same premise. they should just cancel and do a spin off. or if they are going to continue send beckett away to become a senator or something but killing hr off would be a ginormous mistake. look what happened when they killed off patrick dempseys character on greys anatomy.

12. Jackie says:

Oh good lord, just cancel the show. This whole situation is beyond ridiculous. Must be the same ABC execs orchestrating the Michael Strahan debacle. Trump supporters, no doubt. (Just a joke! No flames, please!)

13. I'm done with this **** says:

They fired the wrong costar.

14. Demi says:

Thanks to everyone that made Castle a success, I’m going to really miss this show. I always assume they would be the one to break the Moonlight Curse but I guess sometimes things don’t turn out the way you want. No matter what happens, I bow out on May 16th. Goodluck to the hot mess if there’s ever a season 9.
    PS: Remember the days this show didn’t have to worry about cancellation.

15. Kate says:

At first I just wanted the series to end with Beckett and Castle together. But a time jump could work for continuing the show, depending on how they work it and how far into the future. Stanic has wanted to move on from Castle for a couple years now, so I don’t feel too bad about her being let go for (a possible) season 9. I’m more sad for Beckett/Castle as characters than for Stanic the actress. She’ll definitely end up doing well.

• Alex says:

Again with this “Stanic” ? For someone who know her sooo well that you can say she has wanted to move on for years, you don’t even know her name ? Mmh …

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

So bizarre. And we see a lot in Castle comments.

• Kate says:

So I shortened it. Why the flip out? Here: Stana Katic. Do you feel better? And I never claimed to “know” her. The impression of her wanting to leave was gleened from past interviews during renewal seasons. Before S6 renewal she made comments about shows having a natural time to end, etc. Similar comments were made before S7, and negotiations to get her signed for S8 went into the summer, I believe, and ended with her getting time off to go to Paris Fashion Week. That all sounds like someone ready to move on. And I still wish her well.

• Steph says:

Jesus Nathan has made the same comments too! And she didn’t want to leave that has been reported repeatedly

• Alex says:

Well next time you want to shorten without butchering her name there you go : Stana, Katic, SK. Shorter and more respectful.
          And I disagree with everything else you said but whatever.

• I'm done with this **** says:

BS!

• shirle says:

Can’t we all just be friends. We are all in this together. We are hurt or angry or both.
            Lets please keep that much in mind. We have been fans of the show we once had.

• Heidi says:

I would like to respond to your comment respectfully. It is always wise to do your homework before posting any comments. All the actors/actresses are on social media and it is not difficult to learn about them by simple research. That being said, if and when you review their postings and interviews, you’ll see how much time and effort Stana Katic has invested in promoting the show, Castle, worldwide. It is hard to imagine that this show would have gained the popularity it has today without Stana Katic. If you want to continue watching the show, that is your prerogative, but please do not undermine Stana Katic or create unnecessary agony for the fans. The bottom line is that she is an amazing actress who has always respected and inspired her fans kindheartedly. She was one of the main reasons the show received so much success. It was obvious in the last couple of years that the executives were having issues amongst each other. There should have been two ways to respectfully deal with this issue, resolve the actors’ differences or end it completely. That way, everyone would get the same treatment and the name of the show “Castle” would keep it’s prominence. Instead, ABC decided to be discourteous and impolitic toward Stana Katic and the fans. Without Stana Katic and the support of the fans, Castle would have never advanced from Season one. It was common courtesy for ABC to have made the right decision. After the way they treated the person who made this show what it is today and they way ABC treated us, the fans, do you really think this show can survive another season? Why should we support a station that is being discourteous, and why should we support actors who did not stand up for their partner, a partner who helped them get this far. I believe ABC’s mess and loss will help advance Stana’s future career. There are smart executives out there who can see the fan base this amazing person has attracted. There will definitely be offers for her. I can’t wait to see her shine on the big screen. On the contrary, the reputation of some of the other actors (her so called, partners) has been diminished by most fans. I thank Stana Katic for eight years of great performance, as well for being such an amazing inspiration on Social Media. I will always support her and wish her the best in her personal and professional life.

• Amy says:

I agree she will be fine. What really killed the Kate and Rick thing is NO chemistry. Enough to flirt but not enough to burn up a bedroom scene.
      You’re right about the time line too. They will have to pick up after he has completed most of his serious greiving. Castle is too playful a character to be down for long.

• Showtired says:

You sound just like ‘Fillione’ calling Stana’s character ‘Beckette’ with so much disrespect!

16. Tica says:

I’m kind of confuse with all this so everybody knew about Stana no coming back for S9 except her? The writers at least we’re told about it since they wrote an ending with no Stana for S9, right? By the was I’m not watching S9

• Susan Smith says:

They flimed 2 maybe even three endings depending on whether the show was renewed or not.The failed to tell Stana they were firing her.Which makes me believe she wasn’t holding out last contact around ABC was jerking Her around making her wait.Possible scenario isn’t it now that this debacle has taken place…

17. Bob says:

Can’t wait till the season is over so I can stop seeing boo who she’s leaving ya we knew for a while now I wonder if tvline will get a lot of clicks if castles still around without her🤔

18. RZ says:

Considering the premise of the show, how can they continue “Castle” without Beckett?

19. Teresa Welsh says:

Please just end the show this season it’s been dying all along I won’t even watch it I’ve totally given up on it

20. Merlin Marshall says:

I hope they don’t get renewed by May 13, so we can see a series ending. Then I will be happy and if it is renewed I won’t watch. If they are renewed before May 13, I won’t watch the episode, I’ll be mad, and I won’t watch the reboot.

21. tochunadu says:

I still can’t believe ABC is doing this. Letting Stana go was a bad move. They are still talking about renewing for season 9…? Really?! I’m sorry ABC, but your fan base left with Stana!
    No Stana, No Castle! Period. I know S8 E22 is the last episode I’ll be watching. I miss Beckett already.

22. JimN says:

Hate to see Castle go, but as soon as I saw how incredibly Fillion and Katic were together I knew it was not going to last long. Something that burns as hot and bright as their work together burns out quickly. To tell the truth the lighting they created lasted much longer than I expected. There were only shadows of that light when they got to season 7 and now none at all. Still, four fantastic seasons, two very good seasons and one that every so often reminded you of how good they could be. Thank you Stana and Nathan for giving us wonderful performances. Buona fortuna.

23. AFB says:

There is not a Castle without Beckett she made the show. Nobody can replace her. Just the show. Thanks to TNT you can see the best of Castle. New producers ruined a great thing. Look forward to seeing Stana Katic in her next great show…..to bad for show.

24. Steve says:

If Kate leaves the show by being killed it will create a huge discrepancy from one major episode in a prior season where a time traveler from the future came back to have Rick and Kate stop the killing of the man who essentially saves human kind from a bad fate in the future. In that episode, the time traveler reveals that Rick and Kate marry and have a number of kids together and are all pictured on the backs of some of Rick’s future novels. Isn’t it a shame that some fans actually know more about the show than the writers who are creating the episodes? I guess they just hope fans won’t remember past episodes. Well, that’s the TV world for you.

• abcd says:

He was not a time traveler. He predicted something that turned out to be true by coincidence.

• shirle says:

I too thought about that ep.
      I guess they decided that that ep didn’t happy.
      Again not thinking about the fans and not giving us credit for what they have done in the past

25. Kevin K says:

This would be a sad day for Castle fans to watch Kate Beckett aka Stana Katic heading off into the sunset on the season finale come May 16th. Hope it gets renewed for a proper final season.

26. Charlie says:

It’s really sad what they are pushing these days. Almost like they are trying to brainwash the steeple with shows like scandal [it’s ok to be super corrupt in the highest levels of our government]…I say no more abc! Switching to 12 monkeys and Mr. Robot! The big networks have fallen just like mainstream media. Could. The last one out please turn off the lights?

• Charlie says:

Sheeple that is…

• Anne says:

Scandal is actually a really nuanced show that’s just fun. It knows it’s ridiculous.
      But really, you’re going to rag on Scandal for “promoting” corruption at the highest level and instead you’re going to watch Mr Robot….which is also about corruption. If you don’t want to see structural corruption than you ought to counter Scandal by saying you’re going to watch Dr Quinn.

27. DarkDefender says:

Can’t wait to see how it ends and to see how future seasons play out!
    #sarcasmNOTsarcasm

28. Our family is praying and hoping for a series finale!!! We will not support a season 9!!!

29. Kathy Anderson says:

ABC you are so dumb to let this weekly show go….don’t know what you are thinking or why you would not make sure all these stars are happy and staying. I will miss Castle and all my favorite actors.

30. Anne says:

Like, I’ve followed this story since it “started” but I seriously have no idea why this is even happening?!? Like who thought it was a good idea to cut the lead of the show??!? Castle isn’t Castle without Beckett.
    I keep waiting for this to be some giant joke

31. Teri says:

Screw ABC for doing this to Stana, Castle and fans. Bad decision. How could they even think about letting Stana go. I am angry and will not watch ABC again after May 16.

32. Coop says:

A few of my friends watch this show religiously and have absolutely no idea what’s coming if Castle is renewed given our conversations today. They aren’t going to be happy.

I’m definitely checking out after the season finale and may not even watch that if I don’t like the reviews. Would rather remember it for the good episodes/seasons and not let it ruin the whole series experience for me a la HIMYM.

Need a mercy cancellation, ABC. Please don’t ruin the series for a few more syndication dollars. If you do destroy everything Castle has stood for, I’ll have a hard time investing in a new ABC series again. No desire to waste my time knowing they’re willing to blow everything up 8 seasons in.

33. Audrey says:

The worse part of getting rid of Beckett is not giving her a proper goodbye. I’m willing to bet they will kill her offscreen. For a character who has been the heart and driving force of the show, she deserves so much better. The fans deserve so much better.

34. E.Willits says:

This is such a HUGE mistake on the part of ABCs part. They might as well kill the show off as well. There is no Castle without Beckett. I think also that the reason for there departure was untrue. Why wasnt someone else asked to leave the show. At least be honest with the Fans. BIG MISTAKE…!!!

35. Nan says:

I guess my previous comment wasnt posted cuz I used a bad word…but anyway…what r these folks thinking…getting rid of the lead of a hit TV show. There would be no Castle without Stana and quite frankly I enjoy her a lot more than him. If what I read is true that Nathan asked for Stana to be let go….wow…what a horrible decision for the fans or I should say were the fans even considered…Stana was the reason for the show being a hit as well as bringing in money to ABC….

36. Anonymous says:

What I cannot fathom is how anyone can still believe that ABC getting rid of Stana Katic was ever about budget cuts. Her “not being asked back” (fired is more like it) appears to be nothing more than ABC placating to Nathan Fillion’s demand to finally get rid of her. His ego could no longer be contained, and the facade around Mr Nice Guy has begun to crumble. The fallacy of this facade is surfacing in ways big and small. And will continue to do so. The truth always finds a way and comes out.
    First the show’s creators left. AWM and TEM wouldn’t go along with his demands to “fix it”. Not broken. Why should they? Then Hawley and Winters, a failure and unproven showrunner respectively, are hired to make it more Castle focused and fun again. Fun for who? The storylines and writing they “led” have been atrocious. Then his “only will work with her 2-days” stuff has now started to surface. Hard to deny it now that we have 20 episodes where the Caskett lack of minutes just don’t lie. Some key writers (the good ones) have jumped ship at season’s end. Lastly, Reputable TV print media like THR have quoted their own sources indicating he bullied his co-star. And the hits just keep coming.
    Slowly, little by little, the truth around what has really been going at the Castle set these last few years is seeping out. That ABC allowed this kind of workplace behavior is reprehensible. At my company, this would never be tolerated – not one iota. Regardless of who you are. Only in Hollywood.
    So….this cannot possibly bode well for him. The stigma of what’s transpired here will follow him always, and be quoted in articles written about him, always, and be associated with the show Castle for the rest of his career, always.
    Karma’s a b-tch. And one that will never forget and never forgive. You reap what you sow.

37. Marty_O says:

Hello, Gary Glasberg?, if you’re too stubborn to bring back Borin, here’s another potential agent …

38. Mary says:

best show on tv with all the best actors for the parts they play what a mistake

39. Susan says:

We will watch Castle , even with the Beckett character gone!

• Castlebuzz says:

Without Stana the show Castle is over. You may continue to watch a show called Castle but it won’t be the show we’ve known and loved.

40. N says:

Moonlighting curse

• Boom says:

It wasn’t a moonlighting curse they proved that when they got together and the had the best ratings ever! It was a fillion curse! He got what he wanted

41. The show is over – whether they continue or not. Castle, as we know it, is done. Castle does not exist without his muse. They can call it whatever they want, they can write anyway they want – but it is over. They just don’t know it yet.

42. Lisa says:

I have actually enjoyed watching season 8 so far, but it’s getting harder to watch knowing that it might not end well… Never thought I’d be hoping for Castle’s cancellation, but Castle and Beckett deserve their happy ending. I can’t even think about watching Castle without Beckett, it’s just not right.

43. Citygirl says:

It is beyond logical thought to me how they could even THINK about continuing “Castle” WITHOUT one of the MOST important characters being off the show! Or how they are going to write Beckett out of the show. Just cancel the damn thing because NO ONE is going to watch without Beckett!

44. Denise. says:

If they kill Kate they kill the show!!!!

45. CRYSTAL ADAMS says:

Cancel this catastrophe now.

46. Joan says:

I will no longer watch the show without Beckett. You are making a terrible mistake.

47. Hah, still LMAO because due to budget cuts ABC is pretty much destroying the dynamic on which show “works,” and killing the show. How’s that working for the budget now? There is no realm in which show “Castle” will succeed without Beckett so it looks as if ABC has just budgeted themselves out of what used to be an amusing series!

48. Gal says:

I would rather the show go off than change the dynamics and getting rid of Kate – she is Castle’s wife – how about his writing and the fun they have together.

49. Anonymous says:

Seriously, I cannot wait to see what BS both Ben Sherwood and Channing Dungey spew when they talk about “The New Nathan Fillion Show” aka Castle PI at their May Upfronts presentation on May 17th. The back peddling, side stepping, and dodging will be something for the books.
    I hope to God someone (pls Michael or Matt) has the guts to call them both out on the awful Castle Season 8, their political spin BS for how they have treated and betrayed the Castle fans, and question Dungey on the disrespect for the women who worked for them through the this whole Castle debacle – including the blatant character assassination and outright misogyny shown towards the Kate Beckett character this past year.
    And….it will not surprise me, in the least, if they also announce as part of this….a Kerry Washington / Ryan Seachrist like multi-year, hence multi-million dollar development deal with Fillion. One that would allow Con Man (the irony of that show title) to be developed for ABC Studios.
    The Fillion faithful (which used to be me until this year) will rejoice. But the rest of us Castle fans (and yes we are still fans even if we voice our valid, disparate opinions from yours and will no longer support the abomination envisioned by AH/TPW/NF/ABC) will be vindicated. Because it would “dot the I”, finally make sense, and bring to light the real reason for the “budget cut” ouster of Stana Katic.

50. jay bartlebaugh says:

Well I want be watching it anymore .tell the dick he was a ass .the show want be the same so u should just end it