The Originals Spoilers

The Originals Finale Photos: Klaus Goes on Trial as the Prophecy Is Fulfilled

Klaus and Co. will barely have time to mourn The Originals‘ latest victim before a new — albeit distressingly familiar — enemy arrives to take them all down.

The CW on Monday released a batch of photos from the series’ Season 3 finale (May 20, 9/8c) in which “the Mikaelson siblings finally come face to face with the one person that could lead to their ultimate demise.”

Eager for more? Look no further than the finale’s official description for additional ominous teases:

With the stakes higher than ever and the compound overrun by an army of his oldest sworn enemies, Klaus is put on trial for centuries of atrocities he’s committed. Meanwhile, Marcel, who has been spiraling out of control following an act of betrayal by those closest to him, is stunned by the unexpected arrival of someone from his past. Finally, Elijah, Freya and Kol frantically search for a way to save their family before it’s too late. Phoebe Tonkin also stars.

So, who do you think will pop by New Orleans to kick off the Mikaelsons’ hiatus? Something about “the one person that could lead to their ultimate demise” screams Mikael or Esther, though I was pretty sure we’d seen the last of them both; as for the ghost from Marcel’s past, could it be anyone other than Rebekah?

Browse the new season finale photos below, then drop a comment with your hopes: How should it end?

1. AD says:

Cami deserved better.

• alessandra de michele says:

after they have eliminated Cami (one of the main characters on the show) justify this on futile and illogical reasons I expect anything from them as yet another return of esther or mikael as it would be absurd

2. N says:

What if it’s Hope? One by family.

• Andy Swift says:

Ooh, that’s good.

• NegaT says:

Waitng for Hope to make that soap opera accelerated aging thing, and on this show they have magic to make that go a long way.

• Gabriella says:

Elijah did the One by family one when he dagger Rebakah in 3×09!
      She saved Cami in 2×13, she’s a good girl.

• Valerie A. Mendez says:

OK, N. LET’S NOT GO CRAZY HERE, HOPE IS JUST A BABY AND SHE HAS A LONG WAY TO GO . THE PROPHECY WILL BE OVER, I MEAN IT’S NOT THE BABY, NO SO FAR IT’S LUCIEN WAS THE FOE, FALLEN BY FAMILY REBEKAH MADE ELIJAH STAKE HER AND FAR AS FRIEND I DON’T KNOW IF THAT HAPPENED YET. BUT IT’S GETTING BETTER AND BETTER JUST JUICY.

3. Jovana says:

No Cami, no The Originals.

• Andy Swift says:

I loved Cami, but even I know this to be a false statement.

• Stacey says:

I agree Andy! The Originals has always been about the family first and foremost. Hope they can avenge Cami’s death. And I think the foe maybe Marcel.

• Bwhit says:

I think it’s Marcel too… Something is going to happen with the Davina thing and the ancestors that is going to throw him over the edge. Maybe Freya and Vincent figure out a way to destroy the ancestors to weaken Lucien and they destroy Davina along with them.

• Puchkie Jka says:

The Foe is already Lucien,, I think a Friend is gonna be Marcel

• silverpetticoatreview says:

Agree. Cami is my favorite female character of the show, but the show will still continue and likely continue strong. Though it’s a shame they decided to kill Cami prematurely. That said, I look forward to how Klaus will handle her death. Just because Cami’s gone doesn’t mean her story can’t continue through Klaus’s memories. And then they can always bring Cami back perhaps for the finale – giving Klaus and Cami a Wuthering Heights type ending! :) I’m an optimist.

• cupcake141 says:

i love cami but she only became one of the main character when she met Klaus and they fell in love i do hope she can come back but it would be interesting to see if he would try again with someone else which i think should be caroline.

• Valerie A. Mendez says:

The will survive, without Cami personally I’m glad she’s gone I liked what she said to Klaus about his daughter and that he is loved. I cried.

• Valerie A. Mendez says:

SLEAZE,

HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING THE ORIGINALS, LUCIEN TOOK THE SERUM, THEN LUCIEN GOT THE EXTRA AND GAVE IT TO AURORA, FOLLOWING THAT SHE DRANK THE SERUM, HALEY ALMOST KILLED HER BUT KLAUS TOLD HER TO STOP BECAUSE SHE DRANK THE SERUM CAUSE IF HALEY KILLED AURORA SHE WILL COME BACK LIKE LUCIEN DID WHEN MATT DONA VAN DID IN EPISODE 17: BEHIND THE BLACK HORIZON. IT WAS ONE OF THE CROSS OVERS. FINN HAD MATT KILL LUCIEN, LUCIEN CAME BACK TO LIFE. I CALL HIM LUCIEN 2.0

AURORA IS OUT FOR NOW BY FREYA’S SPELL. LET’S HOPE SHE DOESN’T GET FREE, CAUSE SOMEONE CAN KILL HER AND ACTIVATE THE SERUM, OR SHE CAN KILL HERSELF WHICH WOULD BE BAD FOR EVERYONE, VAMPIRE AND HUMAN ALIKE. ALL I KNOW IS THE BITE THAT LUCIEN CARRIES FROM 7 DIFFERENT WEREWOLF CLANS THAT’S WHY KLAUS OR HALEY, NOR HOPE BLOOD CAN HEAL THE BITE.
      THE ANCESTORS REALLY HATE THE VAMPIRES, WHICH IS UNDERSTANDABLE, THEY DON’T TOO MUCH CARE FOR THE WEREWOLVES EITHER BUT THEY TOLERATE THEM, WITCHES HAVE A COVEN, WEREWOLVES HAVE A CLAN, VAMPIRES HAVE NOTHING SO 5 HEY DESTROY WHAT’S BEAUTIFUL. SO IN AWAY THE ANCESTORS ARE GETTING REVENGE.

4. Lex says:

Yay, Jason Dohring! I skipped the first half of the season since it was so Cami heavy but I’m excited to see him in action on TO. I’m interested in seeing how Klaus ends up being put down. Is it the prophecy? Or maybe something else? They brought up Freya’s pendant again so I’m wondering if perhaps that comes into play. Maybe she puts him in there to ‘save’ him? Could be good conflict for next year since the Mikaelsons are rarely at peace for long.

5. Bwhit says:

I feel like Hope is going to get kidnapped by one of their enemies. Thus sending them all in different directions to try and get her back for the three year jump, maybe? By the time they get her back, she’s 5 has some powers coming through and no clue who her family is.

• sophia says:

That sounds more like Bollywood: Lost child, no clue who her family is!
      Not unexpected though.

• Bwhit says:

She’s two right now…. If she was 5 by the time they find her and they take her back, she isn’t going to remember any of them is what I mean. I just think she’s going to play into this finale in a bigger way.

6. Sleaze says:

Rumors are that marcel takes the serum. Freya sees a vision that marcel is the beast. And elijah kills him not knowing he took the serum. He feels betrayed and come back like lucien. Lucien gets killed in 3/20. davina destroys the ancestral plain and kills her self with it. All originals will either be daggered or locked away. Bex might die too.

• Sam says:

Is there any serum left?

• Stacey says:

I heard the same though I’m not sure how Marcel gets the serum. Maybe it has something to do with Aurora since she never completely transitioned.

• cupcake141 says:

kol killed davina havent u watched it?

• Stacey says:

The spoilers mentioned Davina will destroy the ancestral plane along with herself, so there will be no way to bring her back. So her death will be final. I like Davina and will sad to lose her but I can’t blame her since she is making movies now.

• Puchkie Jka says:

If all originals are daggered that means there is no Originals show,,, so far the Originals always win no matter what and they stick together as a family Always and forever. Marcel is gonna be a beast, I don’t think his gonna kill Rebekah since his in love with her

7. Elena says:

MN said they gonna nearly destroy this family by the end of S03 and make up for it in S04. So I expect S03 to end at a major cliffhanger with all originals taken down.

• Bwhit says:

Really? Do you think at least one will remain ‘awake’ and that one will have to figure out how to wake the rest of the siblings with Freya or something like that? I could see that person being Elijah with Klaus, Kol and Rebekah locked away.

8. Luiz Regis says:

The fans are disappointed . We want Camille back in The Originals .

• cupcake141 says:

true but just think now him and caroline have chance

• Stacey says:

Very true, I am hoping for a Klaroline endgame. They have always been my favorite couple though they didn’t have to kill Cami to make it happen. I feel bad her character was used to prop up Klaus, she had so much potential that was never realized. I also hope they end Sterobore. It is without a doubt the worst ship ever on TVD and TO imo.

• Karen says:

not this fan, been waiting for Cami to die since season 1

• Puchkie Jka says:

To be honest Cami is the reason why there is a serum that ended up causing her death. If she didn’t steal that white oak there wouldn’t be a serum. I am not really disappointed that she is gone. It will be nice to see Klaus happy with Caroline

9. Tiara says:

A heretic can cure a werewolf bite we have all seen kai do it the vampire diaries
    That may be the answer

10. Liza says:

I am thinking with all the focus on the witch ancestors trying to destroy the original children, that Esther will be back. I just hope it is their “original” mother.

11. Tia says:

A heretic can cure a werewolf bite we have all seen Kai do it when bit by Tyler so that may be one choice. Why don’t they get an heretic on the show?

• Roro2005 says:

I seen an article that Julie said we will find out what happened when Caroline went to NOLA at the end of the Originals season so i am hoping she will make an appearance on the show. I like Cami I do not thinks he needed to die so Caroline could come over. Remember Klaus disappeared for 3 years unless she was compelled which could happen. Marcel could get the serum by draining Aurora. my main question is if Klaus knew about heretics which Stefan told him about why didn’t they call Valerie to come heal Cami??? At this point most them were still alive. They could of got Nora or Mary Louise

• Puchkie Jka says:

But that is not just one werewolf bite its about 7 clans.

• ss123 says:

Kai was able to siphon the magic from the wolf bite because he was a witch, and that was his power. Kai had that ability before he became a heretic.

• Roro2005 says:

That is the point of a heretic is because they can siphon power. it was not just Kai who could do that.

12. SIRITA says:

The Mikaelsons have got to be ok especially klaus… He may be bad but he is the rock in the family… Besides Hope can’t grow up without her daddy.. I love this show and I have become close to the family.. It nearly killed me when Cami died, although it was a beautiful death, it was still hard to say goodbye to her…. Marcel will be ok… and Davina neeeds to come back…. I cant wait till season 4.. Maybe Hope will save her daddy…..

13. Tia says:

Cami’s character had so much potential, sad it ended this way. I really think they will bring her back even if it isn’t as Leah pipes

• Valerie A. Mendez says:

Tia,

That’s not going to happen the writers already kept her on as a vampire, they wanted to write her off come to find out by season 2, so they like OK let’s maker her a vampire, It was a horrible mistake I think they should of have her hook up with Will the detective and let that be that. I like the actress Leahy Pipes, but far as Cami, I never liked her character there was no chemistry between her and Klaus the writers forced the issue, it just didn’t flow on it’s own like when Klaus was on The Vampire Diaries now the connection between him and Caroline is awesome.

14. westie says:

Sad to see Cami go. Davina, not so much. I’d had it with her constant tantrums when she couldn’t get her way and her willingness to sacrifice anyone and anything to get it. I hope she really is dead.

• Seriously? Davina who was always her own character unlike Cami, who was already killed twice and fought for people she cared about. Nooo, glad Cami is gone, but Davina deserved better.

15. hertz says:

Cami did deserve better, I can’t believe they really killed her off the show, I thought that Klaus or Freya would go out and find Valarie, since she’s a heretic she could have drained the poison out of cami they way she did for Damon.

16. Bob Wood says:

This is what Google brings up as a Title when looking for the Originals: The Originals’ Spoilers: Season 3 Finale — Rebekah Returns?

No where in this short article that people already didn’t know does it say anything about Rebekah returns.

17. Jen says:

Bring Cami Back

18. 514ED says:

Darker the show the better. I hope one of Klaus enemies brings back mikeal & Finn to control them like davina did to mikeal & be series regular. Mikeal & Finn should be series regular that would be cool

19. 514ED says:

Am sure kol is next to die, so obvious. Look at what they did to Finn, I thought that he was gonna be a series regular then I was let down

• Sam says:

I hate to say it, because I’m a die hard KOL fan, but they still write Kol Mikaelson as “guest star Nate Buzolic!” I don’t know about you, but to me it sure as hell sounds like Kol isn’t in for the long run.. :'((((

20. Sam says:

OH MY GOD!! “The one person that could lead to their ultimate demise” is MARCEL! He qualifies as friend, foe as well as family!!! He could totally be it!!!

• Valerie A. Mendez says:

I DON’T UNDERSTAND , KLAUS SHOULDN’T BE THE ONLY ONE THAT GOES ON TRIAL, REALLY, THE WHOLE FAMILY SHOULD BE ON TRIAL. AND MARCEL, HE AIN’T NO BETTER. PICKING ON MY KLAUS WHOEVER IS GOING TO RULE THIS TRIAL, BETTER BACK THE HE’LL UP, IT’S PROBABLY THE ANCESTORS. AND VINCENT HE DOESN’T LIKE ANY VAMPIRES, BUT HE CAN DEAL WITH MARCEL.

THE MIKAELSON’S WILL PREVAIL.

• Valerie A. Mendez says:

I can’t believe Marcel the last episode 22: The Bloody Crown, HE just can’t leave well enough alone, Klaus saved him from his bilogical father, but he isn’t happy about he’s not a Mikaelson . Marcel will get his and it will be a final lesson don’t go against the Mikaelson’s ever again. The episode is so good I watched it and over again. I hope Claire Holt will finally be back.

21. Cheryl says:

Did I miss something? Who put the hex on Rebekah?