Emmys
Daytime Emmys Winners List

Daytime Emmy Winners: GH Tops Soap Pack, Kelly & Michael Grab Gold

Winners were announced Sunday night for the 43rd Daytime Emmy Awards, which were held in Los Angeles and broadcast/streamed by… well, no one.

CBS’ The Young and the Restless entered the evening with 27 total nominations, followed by ABC’s General Hospital (24 nods), CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful (23) and NBC’s Days of Our Lives (16).

TVLine has denoted winners in the major categories below; our sister site Variety has a tally of the Creative Arts winners, announced on Saturday.

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
The Bold and the Beautiful
Days of Our Lives
General Hospital — WINNER
The Young and the Restless

LEAD ACTRESSDaytime Emmys Winners List IN A DRAMA SERIES
Tracey E. Bregman (Y&R)
Kassie DePaiva (Days)
Mary Beth Evans (Days) — WINNER; also won for The Bay: The Series (below)
Finola Hughes (GH)
Maura West (GH)

LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Tyler Christopher (GH) — WINNER
Anthony Geary (Luke, GH)
Justin Hartley (Y&R)
Christian LeBlanc (Michael, Y&R)
Kristoff St. John (Y&R)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Lauralee Bell (Y&R)
Jessica Collins (Y&R) — WINNER
Linsey Godfrey (Caroline, B&B)
Peggy McCay (Days)
Melissa Reeves (Days)

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Sean Blakemore (GH) — WINNER
Steve Burton (Y&R)
Bryton James (Y&R)
Jacob Young (Rick, B&B)
Dominic Zamprogna (GH)

YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Reign Edwards (B&B)
Hunter King (Summer, Y&R)
True O’Brien (Days) — WINNER
Ashlyn Pearce (B&B)
Brooklyn Rae Silzer (GH)

YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Nicolas Bechtel (GH)
Bryan Craig (Morgan, GH) — WINNER
Max Ehrich (Fenmore, Y&R)
Pierson Fodé (B&B)
Tequan Richmond (T.J., GH)

DIRECTING

The Bay: The Series

OUTSTANDING ACTRESS IN A DIGITAL DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES
Mary Beth Evans, The Bay: The Series

OUTSTANDING ACTOR IN A DIGITAL DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES
Kristos Andrews, The Bay: The Series

1. Kevin K says:

Not happy Price is Right won Outstanding Game Show and Drew Carey gets no Daytime Emmy love since he took over for Bob Barker. CBS would have ended TV’s longest running game show since Barker retired back in 2007 after 35 years. Which begs the question: how long will Price is Right ever going to end? Found out it got renewed just days ago as does the entire CBS daytime line-up.

• DV says:

Ok, nothing you wrote except for the first statement makes any sense.

• Kevin K says:

What does makes sense is that Bob Barker will always and I mean always be the best host on The Price is Right forever and people are still getting mixed criticisms about Drew Carey. By next season I hope they should definitely quit watching TPIR for the rest of their lives.

• Mary J says:

I love Drew Carey as the host on Price is right. He’s kind, humble and seems approachable. He treats the models with respect and includes them by name in the show. He’s never called them”Carey’s beauties” as Bob Barker did when he was hosting.

• Speak for YOURSELF!..I love Drew Carey!

• Kevin K says:

Bob Barker will always be a way better Price is Right host than Drew Carey if people doesn’t agree with me 100%. TPIR continues to be daytime TV’s “apocalypse”.

• liame says:

Not for nothing but it’s a game show that entertains and gives ordinary people a chance to be a part of something. As long as you have a host who can interact with the audience and the contestants in a positive light, what the heck does it matter who was/is the best host? Come on now, this is not some rocket science entertainment show. Leave it alone and go fetch somewhere else.

• Kevin K says:

I know why people still have mixed feelings about Drew Carey as Price is Right host whether they like or hate him. Refuse to watch TPIR everyday is a good thing if an episode is the best or worst.

• I agree. I have always wondered how a show can win, but not the host, or…. the host can win, but not the show. Seems a little odd to me. Congrats to TPIR!!!

• Kevin K says:

There’s a real reason why Drew Carey wasn’t nominated when he took over the hosting duties of Bob Barker after he retired from the show is because year after year most of the people think Drew isn’t in the same level Barker was and maybe it could have been about his attitude or behavior. In my opinion he should have his own talk show instead of hosting a game show that will never end in the future once Price is Right will finally be over if the execs at CBS Daytime have the guts to do so.

• TV INSIDER says:

They are 2 different categories. Work on a daytime talk show ș & you’d understand. The producers work is very different than the host. Having said that, the voting is a sham. I used to have my EP just give me his ballot to vote for everything

• Kevin K says:

Side note – I still can’t stand Drew Carey and he’s so annoying and the other thing that’s also annoying to him is when he always said GOOD LUCK to the contestants. I’m not going to be a very happy camper until Price is Right gets cancelled depending on Drew Carey’s contract.

• Keith says:

‘Kevin K.’ – perhaps you should get someone to read your post before you actually submit it? Makes not a lick of sense!

• Kevin K says:

Stop making excuses Keith and I really don’t want someone whine and complain about what they’re commenting and/or replying.

2. GuessWhat says:

LOL that it’s not even streamed
    you may just want to end an awards show that no one can see
    d’oh

3. Samantha says:

I was really hoping that Brooklyn Rae Silzer would win. What a talented young lady. Congrats to all of the winners so far!

• wrstlgirl says:

Me too!! Oh well.

• I had hoped so too! True was decent, but she had to grow. Brooklyn was on point from the beginning!! I was also surprised that LW’s Carly wasn’t nominated this time around. She was spectacular through that whole Franco/AJ/Michael thing!! Oh well!! Congrats to all of the winners! I DO hope that they find a TV spot for the broadcast NEXT year!!

• Anna says:

Same here. I am consistently so impressed by her – especially in her scenes when Patrick and Sam broke up or when that lady tried to kidnap her. She is very talented. I hope they keep bringing her back to visit her grandmother because she deserves to be onscreen.

• Mary says:

I did too but in all honesty they need to have a young kid category because I didn’t see her winning over the 20 something ones. Happy that GH won outstanding drama and also happy for the other GH winners. I had wish that Finn won outstanding actress because I though her story was fantastic but I guess it depends on what she sent in.
      Oh well Congrats to all the winners.

4. Shannon kruise says:

Congratulations to the ladies of “The Talk” love your show.

• DakotaS says:

Just so you know the Ladies didn’t win. The show did so that means the producers, including Sara (who ripped off The View), get the award

5. Holly K says:

I really wish that these were televised so that the fans could join in the celebration.

6. Broadwayfan says:

Jessica Collins is one person I DON’T miss. I never gave thought of her winning.
    I am thrilled for all the GH wins, although I was hoping Tony Geary would win his final Emmy for Luke Spencer. He was brilliant.

• Kevin K says:

Agree. Avery will still be missed on Y&R.

• Mary says:

I am so happy Tyler won, his story line was great. Tony was good but I didn’t want to see him win again. I like that other actors are getting the recognition.

7. Kaitlyn Shutes says:

Brooklyn Rae was ROBBED

8. Michelle says:

Congratulations 2 all gh winners I’m so excited they deserve it wish they had clean sweep of it gh is the best in everything next year we will do again love you gh

9. kathy westbrook says:

tv ecpects us to watch their shows everyday but they cant broadcast daytime emmy awsrds show 1 night a year??? whats up with that??? i say NOT FAIR!!!!

• Max says:

Someone should have an intern with an iPhone and stream it. It’s all about money. You’d think CBS which is so dominant in daytime could have at least streamed it

10. Gabriel & Karen says:

We love, love, love General Hospital. We are happy for all the actors!

11. Amanda Nichols says:

Why is this not on TV? I knew it was tonight but really disappointed it is not on TV.

• DV says:

It’s not on tv because no one wants to pay for it to be on tv and we all know what happens when they let a budget network/production take control. We get internet “personalities” interviewing actors they know nothing about and also with having no interviewing skills to begin with.

• Mary says:

Agree but it is frustrating because they can broadcast 20 stupid Country music awards.

• Max says:

Because country music fans support them. Daytime is a dying breed. It has to have enough viewers to be profitable or at least break even. NATAS should be able to get a sponsor and at least stream it on their website. Even if they had to have a corporate logo on the screen the entire time

12. Kevin K says:

GH deserves to win Outstanding Drama Series but disappointed that Y&R didn’t win and fans of the show who may or may not tune in to last Friday’s episode was a shocker that Kelly Sullivan’s character got killed off and it was the same situation her character on GH did. Can’t wait until May 25th when Chrishell Stause joins the cast of Y&R and maybe she could be promoted to “series regular”.

• Didn’t know Kelly Sullivan was also killed off on GH. Phelps is known for repeating storylines from one soap to another. Also Chuck Pratt recycles old storylines. No originality and their writing sucks!! It’s strange that they dump Kelly, put Noah and Marisa because of budget problems and then continue to hire, for example the bartender and Chrishell Stause. We all know how Chrishell gets this job. Y&R is “CLIQUE” show. Strange management practices. Not much job security, plus they let actor who played Kyle go. No actor hangs around long in the Kyle role. Several have been let go…it seems they don’t know how to write Jack’s son.

• Mary says:

I was overjoyed that General Hospital won, because quite frankly Y&R seemed to be the only winners in the last few Emmy. I used to watch Y&R but lost interest awhile back.

13. Lynn M says:

Congratulations to The Talk! This recognition is truly deserved. I’m so elated they won!

14. Anginator says:

this sucks that i couldn’t even watch my GH win best Drama Series. Congratulatiins to all the winners. Hope we are able to watch next year!!!

15. Donna Lewter says:

What is wrong? the men, Victor, Stefano, Chad, Eric, Brady are all outstanding, not even nominated, disgraceful

16. mooshki says:

Proof that Days was stupid to kill off Paige. :(

• I have noticed that before too….that they get rid of someone who goes on to win an Emmy, yet they keep several actors on, that no one would miss, (Ciara – DOOL comes to mind). Maybe they could wait until AFTER the Daytime Emmys before they decide who to keep, or let go. Just a thought…

17. Elvis Presley says:

What? Cassie depaiva didnt win. After the murder of her daughter on days the performance she gave was stupendous. Bummer. Someone please snatch this woman up. Best performance of hers to date

18. Nancy burtnett says:

The talk is such a ripoff of a talk show. Guess it helps that your hubby is the head of the network!

19. Lisa says:

So disappointed that The Daytime Emmy Awards were not televised this year. I feel like Daytime television is irrelevant. Hopefully next year someone will pick it up!!

20. Richie says:

Televise Daytime Emmys? NO. But Fox affiliates aired yet another country music award show. One of which I never heard of before. Goes to show you.

21. Lululimon says:

True O’Brien was nearly the lead actress of DAYS last year with her story. She was kind of blah the entire time, EXCEPT for the two episodes she submitted for her nomination. They really stood out.

22. ninergrl6 says:

As someone who has watched GH for decades, I find their wins this year ludicrous (with the exception of Bryan Craig). IMO the show is at its lowest creative point in YEARS, recycling storylines from 10-20 years ago that I didn’t even like yet first (or second or third) time. These awards will just validate that *someone* thinks GH is on the right track, which it most certainly is not. If it’s the best daytime drama right now, I’m REALLY glad I don’t watch the others.

• Anna says:

Completely agree!! I’ve pretty much given up on GH in the past few months because the ridiculousness that has been happening onscreen for past year or so isn’t interesting, entertaining, or fresh. The writing is straight up in the gutter right now, and half of the characters are SO out of character that it’s making me wonder if they hired a new set of writers who’d never even watched the show before. After wondering why in the hell a certain character did something or swearing that I’d seen the same storyline on the show before for the thousandth time, I finally gave up. Somebody give me a call when GH makes sense again.

• Mary says:

I think the opposite, I have enjoyed the story lines the past couple of years. I guess different strokes for different folks. You can’t please everyone all the time but the ratings have improved so I think you are in the minority.

• Sheila says:

GH won best drama with the submission of the anniversary show and the Nutcracker Gala episode. Just FYI.

23. Rachel says:

So sorry that Justin Hartley didn’t receive the award, he certainly deserved it. His acting skills are impeccable and he will truly go the distance in this field. Happy for Mary Beth Evans and Jessica Collins, I like both of them. No surprise at all that Y & R don’t receive an award for their writing skills, you first have to have writers who can write!!!! Have been a loyal fan of Y & R for years, have never been more bored and disappointed with the story lines than this past year!!!

24. DavidSask says:

TRUE WHO? SAYS EVERYONE?!

• Sorry…just saw this. True O’Brien. She won for outstanding younger actress. She played Page Larsen on Days of our lives. She was mediocre at best, but it took her a while to even get there. She wasn’t better than little Brooklyn though.

25. Debbie taylor says:

Just wanting to know why this was not on television.

26. Glad to see actors other than Y&R actors selected as winners, especially losing to GH. Y&R has been awful for over 2 years and they won the last two years using reels of actors they had let go. It’s about karma came their way!

27. Congratulations to GH, B&B and Days for their wins! Well deserved!!!! Glad Y&R lost out this year. Their writing is awful and they could no longer use the talents of Michael Muhney and Billy Miller. That’s how Y&R won the past 2 years based on the Delia Dies storyline. Couldn’t exploit that storyline any longer!

28. Joey says:

GH put its fans through the hell that was Luke’s final arc just so they can pander to the Emmys, and he still loses. And not only does he lose, he loses to one of the worst actors on GH.

I guess soaps don’t offer much in terms of leading male talent.

• Mary says:

Your entitled to your opinion but Tony didn’t deserve the Emmy this year. I for one am glad that Tyler won, his story line has been great. I don’t miss Luke at all and personally Tony remarks after his leaving left a bad taste.

• BrightLight says:

The Emmys are voted on based by tapes submitted. Tyler submitted the two episodes where he thought Spencer was going to die after the fire at Wyndemere. Frankly, that was some of the best work he’s ever done and deserved to win over TG. Hey, the guy won 8 times, it’s not as if he never won.
      Actually Tony Geary helped GH win the Drama award because the 51st anniversary show where Luke remembers he killed his parents was one of the tapes submitted for the the show and that was one of the best episodes of TV I saw all year (including night time shows). TG submitted the anniversary show (where he also played Tim Spencer) and his goodbye show. His goodbye episode wasn’t even that great, IMO.
      Now, one could say that everyone thought that everyone would vote for TG and then they chose the second person they liked and that’s how TC won. I have no idea. Actually, I thought if TG was going to lose to anyone it would have been Justin Hartley because he took the role of Adam and made it his own. Either way, TC did give his best performance on GH to date, and I’m thrilled with his win.

• JM says:

Agree. The episode where Luke remembers killing his parents was definitely one of the best in a long time. All the actors, including the ones playing the young versions of the Spencers, were superb.

29. N says:

Very glad for GH and all it’s winners

30. Donna says:

Disappointed I could not watch the awards ceremony this year. I finally got the POP network and they didnt televise it. :(

31. keya Harris says:

Hands Down The Talk Show The Real Should’ve Won There Are 5 Beautiful Women From 5 Different Back Rounds That Makes A Differences In Day Time Tv I’m Proud Of You Lady’s . I see No Black Ppl Anyway 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽. Ps Emmys U Tired It (taytay Voice)

32. B demeo says:

You have to be kidding, B&B winning best drama?? The story lines are so dragged out and boring. Y&R is far more superior in acting, storytelling ..Give me a break!!!!

33. Mr. Smith says:

Is there any wonder that Y&R and B&B didn’t win anything except for hairstyling and makeup? The only one they did win was for Jessica Collins, who just happens to be one actress whom they let go. That should say something about the state of CBS soaps.

34. Josephine says:

Love my Y&R n DOOL, u need to have the daytime awards on TV!!!!Must must it crazy thay loyal viewer COULDNOT! Extremely disappointed!! Congrats to all winners n nominees!!!

35. typoprone says:

They couldn’t even stream it on YOUTUBE?! Geez.

36. Kathy Ormond says:

So glad the view lost. Can’t believe it was even nominated, with all those obnoxious women (Candace Cameron Bure being the exception )

37. Jane Lindsey says:

A bid congratulations to Kelly and Michael. Great morning show.

38. LaGail Lenoir says:

The Real should have won! The Best Talk Show Ever!!!

39. Andrea Harriott says:

Die Hard GH fan so happy right now,also a die-hard Castle fan, I hope Castle get renewed for another season

40. Sue Shirley says:

The Chew??? Awful Show

41. Tvinsider says:

Love how Sara Gilbert talked about her original idea when she basically ripped off The View down to the shows name. The Talk today isn’t even her idea. Her idea was a View like show about motherhood, with mom’s as hosts and a field correspondent. They gave up the whole mom thing after Season 1 them even copied The View even more with its casting choices (5 women, former newscaster, a lesbian, an older woman, a black comic etc). Its The View without politics. Its well produced & the panel seems to have the chemistry The View has lacked recently, but I don’t think I’d take credit for Barbara Walters oft copied format

Pretty pathetic also that they couldn’t even stream it online. And did Michael & Kelly won for hosting or acting this past year? And who did Ellen pissoff that she didn’t sweep? (Does she not enter herself like Oprah stopped doing?)

42. Steve Appuliese says:

I like to watch daytime Emmy awards but there’s a problem with that. I couldn’t watch it because it wasn’t televised. WHY?

43. roberta924 says:

Shame on the decision making to not broadcast the award show. Fans want to watch their favorites win and they are the one’s that make the shows or break them. Also watching the the celebrities walk the red carpet is Important. Who are the idiots that approved it. No show no money. Disappointment!

44. roberta924 says:

45. Merianne Bowens says:

Why weren’t the dayrime emmy awards televiszed? So disappointed.

46. Wiliam Carpenter says:

I was surprised that young and restless did not get a lot of awards. They must went down hill.

47. Peggy Sullivan says:

Congratulations… Live with Michael and Kelly. Michael you’ve played such a pivotal role in the success of the show. Best wishes in all your future endeavors.

48. Andrew Hass says:

Congrats to all the winners!

49. S. Hamilton says:

Y and r had some wonderful acting these past several months. And not one of the actors were nominated that did such a great job. Aside from tracy bregman Christian leblanc etc. Who are great. And none of these people won. I’m shocked. Y and r is and always will b the best soap on the air. Too many good actors overlooked this year.