Hell on Wheels Cancelled Premiere Date

Hell on Wheels: Final Seven Episodes Gets Premiere Date at AMC

Hell on Wheels will start running out of track on Saturday, June 11 at 9/8c, when the first of the AMC series’ final seven episodes hits your TV box.

Leading out of HoW at 10 pm will be the premiere of the Robert Redford and Stephen David-produced The American West, an eight-episode limited series that will transport viewers “into the violent world of cowboys, Indians, outlaws and law men” and feature interviews with notable names from classic Western films, including Redford, James Caan, Burt Reynolds, Tom Selleck, Kiefer Sutherland, Mark Harmon and Ed Harris.

The first half of the Hell on Wheels‘ fifth and final season, which was announced back in November 2014, aired last summer. Per AMC’s press release, the last seven episodes mark “the end of the line for Cullen Bohannon (played by Anson Mount) and his work on America’s first transcontinental railroad. The final push to finish brings with it a reckoning for Bohannon and the men standing in his path: the bloodthirsty Swede (Christopher Heyerdahl); the mercenary Chang (Byron Mann); and the rapacious Thomas Durant (Colm Meaney).

“Bohannon contends with corruption, greed and murder as he leads the trek to complete the final stages of the building of the railroad from the Central Pacific through the Sierras and across the Utah desert to Promontory Point. While the railroad’s completion is certain, who and what will survive when the golden spike is finally planted remains in question — with no one more at risk than Cullen Bohannon.”

Want more scoop on Hell on Wheels, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. wrstlgirl says:

About time :-)

2. Tim says:

Stupid that they split up the final episodes.

3. MMD says:

I hate to see this end.

4. Alta Meisel says:

It is one of the best series I have ever since.. Too bad I loved this and the acting was suburb! Recommend it to everyone and sent it to family… I hope the same characters are in other series.. Anson Mount is fabulous, The Swede love to be scared by him, Commom omg he was so good.. Many more no bad characters in Hell on Wheels. I am very sad to see it end… Great story line and about the railroad… Wow

• Susan says:

I too was sad to end.I really enjoyed this series so did my Husband. Are you going to bring this show back in the future with the same character? I hope so!! Please bring it back.

5. Carolyn Thompson says:

Thank you! This is a high quality series and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

6. Joann Rowell says:

When will 7 to the end be available to watch on AMC and Netflix?

7. Merry Jane says:

I don’t want it to end as many others. Please reconsider bringing it back

8. Alissa Cowell-Mytar says:

I loved this show. But I must say the first episode this season was annoying to watch. It was the worst one ever.

9. Amy Stultz says:

Why is it that whenever there is a really good program on the network cancels it and puts on something mindless in its place? Most of the time the replacement is some stupid “reality” show and there are far too many of them these days. Is it because they don’t have to put out as much money to produce them? It’s hardly worth having cable or satellite considering the garbage they put on anymore.

• Charla Brown says:

Same thing i said you cant leave people hanging on a cliff hanger like thats.. Im tired of rich people making these irrelevant reality shows for spoiled rich kids to tell their lives to.

• rnunley2013 says:

That is soooo true. This has been one of the best series on in a long time. Longtime, Person of Interest, Rizzoli and Isles, Bones, to name a few. Shows that are unique, with characters you feel like you know. These programs have ended or will end this year. I wonder what kind of trash will follow these favorites.

10. I really like this show, and there aren’t many shows/series that I like. I’m glad you got ride of the “Swede” finally! I had always wished AMC could have figured out how to bring back “Lilly” who perished in a fire. Maybe she didn’t die???? It will be a shame to see this program end. It has good actors, good writers, great cinematography.

11. Billy & Judy says:

Wonderful series. Just spent the last week watching from the very beginning. This series was just as good or better than Longmire!!

12. LT says:

I am a fan from series #1 . Anson Mount did his Bohannon well. Being a complex character with many demons, he still focused on that railroad. Would have been great if the character Common played could have survived.
    Please make this last seris a memorable one and I hope Bohannon finds what he’s looking for and not just sale off into the sunset

13. Kathy Donde says:

I really hate a Show to just cancel after watching five seasons and leaving loose ends. What about the fans??? Five seasons worth??? I’m not watching ANY series on your network any more.we wanted to see him get rid of the Norwegan and finally settle down!! Geeeeeeze!!!!!!

14. Will there be any season 6 episodes available anywhere?

15. Vicky Wirepa says:

does Hell on wheels finish on Series 7 episode 10 or does it carry on to more because episode 10 finishes were Cullen Bohannan is going to the place were his family is the Swede is going there to do something to Bohannan family please dont let it end there is there more I just love this programme and it will be a shame for it to end there i need to no what happens.

16. BARBAR Porter says:

I hate to see this one end best shows ever

17. cj says:

Great show presenting many different cultures clashing yet trying to thrive in their new and untamed environments. Am disappointed in the cancellation…wish we could see more in the characters development!,

18. stan welborn says:

Touche! What a fantastic series. I am going to miss sooooo bad. Everyone did a great job and deserve all the accolades they receive. One of the best Westerns ever. Hoorah

19. cheri Bersini says:

i think it sucks they take all the good shows off and put this dumb reality shows on why i just get it.

20. Eula Blunt says:

I enjoy this show. Don’t take it off

21. Bill sonenshine says:

Why did they leave the final episode of hell on wheels so wide open? Cullen was going after the swede to protect his family and then the episode ended

22. Joyce Elkins says:

Anson Mount was the reason I watched Hell on Wheels bc from the beginning to the end you could see and feel his pain. I liked all of the other actors and actresses too. But I just connected with him and in the end finally when he was on his way to China you could see all of the hurt and pain was worth it. Too bad it ended!!!!

• James Pastore says:

Hopefully the series continues so Mt. can build the Southern Pacific Railroad with his Chinese wife by his side.

23. Susan says:

I really enjoyed Hells on wheel.To bad it’s ending,I really looked forward to watching this series.Wiil it return back? I hope so.

24. Anson Mount was fantastic, Does AMC have anything more in the works for him?

25. Glenda says:

This was a good show. Why cancel

26. Jeff Rodgers says:

Hell On Wheels is a great show. My wife and I look forward to sat nights. Seems like all the good shows get the axe while we are flooded with crap! Great story line and riveting drama is hard to find. Revenge was another great show that got axed, the Following, I could go on and on but what good what it do. I think there should be a poll taken with the viewers before any show gets cancelled. So easy to do now a days. Just a click of a button on a smart phone could save some of these great shows. LET US VOTE!!!!!!! Instead of some executive who thinks he knows what we like.

27. Patty Cavanaugh says:

Finally a great western series and its ended. Makes me sad. Was wondering if the show would come back with a different name now that the railroad is done but elaborate on all of the charictures new lives??? Please bring it back! So sad it’s over.

28. I like hell on wheels very much please come back is one of the best film that i never look

29. I am in love with hell on wheels please come back l we never look amc film again because it don’t have end please come back again

30. peter says:

best series EVER I loved it would like to know whats happens when he gets to china .do they return to north america please do anther series hell on wheels

31. Andrea says:

I will miss Anson Mount ( Bohannon) Hopefully I will see him soon in something bigger an better for his career 😘

32. Pamela Pergram says:

I really hate that Hell on Whells has came to the end of the line,but we all knew it would doing a story based on history. I’ll really miss the character Cullen.They don’t make men like that anymore.😃

33. Laura says:

There are such few good shows on anymore. The mediocrity of what the industry is producing these days is tragic. “Hell on Wheels” was excellent; the acting was fantastic and the story line compelling. Such few shows these days draw a viewer in as this show did. The characters were enigmatic. The actor Anson Mount did such a tremendous job playing a very complex character. I wish that this show could continue on. I do not understand why with all the talent, money and creativity that exists in show biz why there is so much vacuous shows on television these days. It is ironic that today a viewer has access to about 189 channels, yet there are such few good shows to even bother with. Please bring back quality programs. There are people out here that are tired of mindless reality tv and shows that are perpetuating the dumbing down of America.

34. Cindy gibson says:

When are the final episodes of hell on wheels going to b on net flix.

35. Greg says:

Is there a date for the last half of the season,watched the first half loved it

36. Barbara says:

Will “Hell on Wheels” be back for season 6 or are we to be left hanging as Swede is on his way to killing Collin’so wife and son? Great show. Please say it’s coming back

37. Beth Evans says:

We waited for the final season of hell on wheels to come out and enjoyed it all through till we got to the last episode if the series is going to end you need to wrap up storylines but in this case nothing was wrapped up it was a cliffhanger that you will never find out what happened loved the show but extremely disappointed in the final show

38. Amanda Billips says:

Please bring this show back

39. Monica Tungate says:

You need to continue this story. I applaud the writers. I love it!

40. Lynn Bondurant says:

I really liked this series and I am saddened that this last season did not provide resolution but instead left the railroad unfinished, the swede still alive and Bohannon still not reunited with his family. It feels like everyone got up in the middle of a meal, walked out and never came back. I believe this does a disservice to this otherwise excellent series.

41. SHAWN NELSON says:

when are the last half of season 5 coming to netflix, AMC.com just up and made them expire today was halfway through second to last episode

42. Jan Trimble says:

Husband and I just power-watched the Hell on Wheels series – and it ended in the middle of the story line! WHY please????

43. Carol says:

I really hate that this show has been cancelled. It is one of the best series I have ever watched. It’s a shame that so many loose ends are left hanging out there. If you won’t bring it back, maybe Netflix will pick it up like the did Longmire and fix all the loose ends for those of us left hanging. By the way, I do not like reality shows. However, I loved this great series. Please consider bringing it back.

44. Bonnie Nance says:

My husband and I think that the show ended with everyone hanging on to what is going to happen to Bohannon’s wife and child.

45. Laurie says:

Please don’t let it end!!!!!

46. Steve says:

Well done series…can’t wait to see the final episodes on June 11th

47. Jan Taylor says:

I really enjoyed loved this series. Loved Anson Mount & Common! Best series I have seen in a long time. So disappointed there will be no season 6. Why do they cancel all the good shows. I just found it by accident.

48. Carolyn Ferguson says:

Very upset u took good series off. Good story line, good actors, & beautiful country. Something good & decent show ing history of America . Very disappointed!

49. The best was made serial ever, as I’d been seen it at all.

50. Mary Hess says:

Please bring it back. Miss it