CBS Renewals 2016

CBS Renews Entire Daytime Lineup: The Talk, Y&R, B&B and 2 Others

If you’re a fan of CBS’ daytime lineup, feel free to breathe a sigh of relief right now. (A really, really big sigh.)

The network on Wednesday announced renewals for all five of its daytime series: Let’s Make a Deal, The Price Is Right, The Young and the Restless, The Bold and the Beautiful — which actually received a two-year pickup — and The Talk.

“Each year, CBS Daytime produces more than 1,000 episodes of programming – the most for any broadcast network – which is only possible due to the incredible passion of the industry’s best creative talent, both in front of and behind the camera,” Angelica McDaniel, Executive Vice President, Daytime Programs and Syndicated Program Development, CBS Entertainment and CBS Television Distribution, said in a statement. “Next year will be even bigger and bolder!”

Which of CBS’ renewals pleases you the most? Drop a comment with your thoughts on CBS’ daytime lineup below.

1. Whatevah says:

What about Criminal Minds?

2. Kevin K says:

How long will Price is Right ever going to end? They should definitely watch Let’s Make a Deal in my opinion.

• Kevin K says:

BTW couple of reasons Price is Right should bring back – celebrity charity week for daytime which they haven’t done it since Season 41 and most importantly the million dollar spectacular in prime time.

3. SassyAF28 says:

Why hasn’t CBS renewed supergirl yet

4. alistaircrane says:

Now if only Y&R would get its act together and bring back my favourite characters: Nina, Danny, and Sheila!

5. EJ says:

Will Victor Newman EVER get killed off? Eric Braeden has been insufferable in the role for so many years.

• Nedra says:

I hope not

• Donna says:

There wld be no Y&R if Victor was off show..

• Deb says:

Love Young and Restless. Great story lines, great writing and wonderful actors/actresses!

You need to CANCEL Bold and Beautiful. The storylines and writing is horrible. It’s so boring and repetitive. The actors are wonderful but they only can do so much with the script they are given.

I’m a longtime fan that watched John McCook when he was on the Y&R. Kill the show or fire all the writers and start new.

6. Phun says:

That’s great for the daytime shows. Still waiting for CBS to renew their freshman shows like Supergirl.

• PoeticNobleLandMermaid says:

Seriously. Every time I see a headline with the words “CBS renews…” I feel a surge of hope and fear… only to discover the freshman fates are still up in the air. The more they draw it out, the more anxious I become.

• Phun says:

Yeah…. same here! :) I guess they are really going to make us wait until the Upfronts in Mid May for the fate of the freshman shows. :(

7. Nedra says:

The Young and Restless and the Bold and Beautiful

8. Nedra says:

The Young and the Restless and the Bold and the Beautiful

9. KeithH says:

Hope we hear something factual and official about Code Black one of these days rather than this web site’s “Safe Bet” opinion…

10. tim says:

Who Cares? Not a fan of CBS daytime since the cancellation of Guiding Light! Salem is where I spend my time weekdays!

11. Cam says:

Happy about both of the game shows. Wayne Brady is really underrated as host of Let’s Make a Deal

• Kevin K says:

What about Drew Carey? People thinks he’s a poor man’s Bob Barker and the most overrated game show host in history. The contestants on Price is Right are acting like immature adults and they should stop acting all crazy to control their behavior and never harm Drew at all times even though he’s recovering from an injury he suffer previously.

12. Chicago Dan says:

Y&R actually had been renewed earlier for a couple of seasons as I recall.

13. LT says:

When all is said and done in the daytime drama realm, I truly believe Y&R and B&B will be the last ones standing. (Not that I think they should…but they will)

14. Young and the Restless is a great soap opera! For it to get back to the delight it used to be, Sharon needs to be written off. She has no purpose other than being dizzy and in the way.

• Roland Wing says:

Sharon is not dizzy or in the way. Wanna talk dizzy and in the way. Abby for one. Nikki for two and Amelia Heinle in my opinion never successfully replaced Heather Tom. What is Nikki’s purpose other than to leave and go back to Victor and criticize Sharon as a gold digger when that’s what put her on the hill. No Newman woman is better than Sharon.

15. chuckiechk says:

I love the talk, in my opinion, it is better than the talk.

16. Hope Davis says:

Dear CBS, thank you for that wonderful news I’m a huge fan of the line-up.

17. George G says:

I am happy to here that the Bold and the Beautiful has been renewed for another 2 seasons. I’ve been watching from the beginning. Thanks!

18. Lavette Clark says:

Good bye Bold and Beautiful. The storyline is always the same unoriginal, predicitable, and unrealistic. I have become tired with the same stuff over and over again. Show old episodes with Sally, Stephanie, the old Bill SR. ect. Thank you and goodbye.

19. I am happy with the renewal of Young and the Restless and B&B. I also enjoy all daytime shows on CBS. My favorite channel. Where is code black?

20. Barbara Ogletree says:

The Young and Restless

21. Mario500 says:

I still wish “The Price is Right” had ended after its previous host retired (both he and the program were usually very professional unlike the host and the way the program was usually produced after his retirement) and “Let’s Make a Deal” had never been renewed (I did not like its format, its hosting style, and its usual broadcast time).

• Kevin K says:

Totally agree on The Price is Right and of course CBS would have ended after Bob Barker retired back in 2007 and its current host Drew Carey has not been as great than Barker was and people think he isn’t the perfect choice to replace the legendary veteran for 35 years (1972 – 2007). I think Let’s Make a Deal is a way better show than Price is Right and the guy who produced both shows is Mike Richards.

22. Lynn says:

The channel # that goes to my local CBS channel has been pushed so many times that the number is no longer there.

23. Quinn need to go, no rewards for doing evil things to others. Causing lost of baby, steaming a person, and pushing a person off a cliff.

24. Ann says:

Bold and beautiful needs to go. Same thing different people. Don’t watch any more.

25. Arlene says:

I am very sorry that the actor that played Adam Newman was killed off. Besides being a “Hunk,” he was an excellent actor, and I will surely miss him. I wish the most success for him; but, too bad he had to leave the Y & R.

26. alma says:

I love the bold n beautiful. Would love for it to stay on forever. Too bad im not on there. I would b with Quinn helping her with the fosters.