Exclusive
Bones Zack Returns Season 12

Bones Eyes Zack Return in Final Season

Is Zack Addy about to receive a Get Out of Psych Ward Free card?

Bones executive producer Michael Peterson confirms to TVLine that bringing Eric Millegan’s institutionalized fan fave back into the fold is very much on his final-season to-do list. “It seems like the right thing to do,” he concedes. “I will say this: I know what the fans want, and as much of a roller coaster ride as we may put them through, we want to deliver.

“I watched the show before I was ever writing on the show, and I think what Eric brought to that character was fantastic,” he adds. “I’ll make a promise to try really hard to make it happen.”

Millegan was a series regular during Bones‘ first three seasons, having been written out in the show’s Season 3 finale when it was revealed that Zack was in cahoots with the Big Bad Gormogon. A subsequent plea deal landed him in an asylum vs. jail. Millegan made several guest appearances in the intervening 11 seasons, the most recent of which was the show’s flashback-themed 100th episode in 2010.

In February, Fox announced that Bones would return in the fall for a 12th and final season, a move that will allow producers to map out a “meaningful and satisfying conclusion,” per Fox Co-Chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman. The final season will consist of 12 episodes, which will bring the show’s final episode tally to 246.

1. Matt says:

Bring back Jonathan Adams too and don’t forget we will riot if Billy Gibbons isn’t featured!

2. Lily says:

I was actually kind of hoping they would never bring him back, just because I’m so damn annoyed by all the people who just can’t let it go 8 YEARS LATER and keep asking the writers and actors about him any chance they get. Seriously, the show has moved on, yet people just can’t accep that. Sigh. I never even thought he was that great, I much prefer the weekly squinterns.

That being said, I love Bones and I’m sure they can bring him back in a nice way, so if that’s what they want to do, I’ll take it. In the end, I’m not gonna let bitterness caused by those people who are unable to let go ruin the show for me.

• taran63 says:

I agree with you for the most part, in that it’s been 8 years, the show has moved on, and I don’t want him back as a regular. But they’ve always had this dangling plot thread where Zack is locked up for a murder he didn’t commit, that all the other characters (except Sweets) believe Zack committed.
      Zack confessed because he believed he would have killed if ordered to, and to him that’s as bad as murder. But Sweets pointed out that Zack couldn’t know that for certain until such a moment actually came up. So I’ve always liked the idea of bringing Zack back for 1 episode to get some closure on that.

• msemmyjones says:

It’s been a while since I’ve researched those early seasons so correct me if I’m wrong, but…didn’t he also confess to keep himself out of jail which he absolutely would have been sent to for assisting Gormogon? He wasn’t a murderer but he was still an accessory. It’s never felt like a dangled plot thread to me.

• Frankie707 says:

Yeah, he was an accessory to murder. Also he assisted in setting Booth and Brennan up to be blown up. Then the obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence. He was not innocent, and would have gone to jail, so this way he was able to spend time in a psych hospital instead of a prison. Even if the full truth were known he’d never be able to return to the Jeffersonian to work.

• msemmyjones says:

Exactly! I liked Zach a lot and was sad to see him go (I was also sad to see the original head of the Jeffersonian disappear – talk about loose threads!), but he’s not the falsely imprisoned sad sack so many fans make him out to be. He very CLEVERLY put himself in that psych ward.

• A fan of TV says:

No, he did commit the murder as an accessory. He did everything he was told to do, up to and including blowing off his own hands to throw off the scent of the team. That was the point that was most egregiously WTF, why fans feel bad/mad for the way the actor was written out, because the writers and producers essentially blew it.

• Thithya says:

He didn’t blow off his hands because Gormogon told him. He did it to save Hogins. He was only told to tamper with the evidence, but he blew up his hands because Hogins wanted to mix the ingredients.

• suzi says:

So…I should let go of my opinion because it annoys you? Uh, no. I enjoyed the character of Zach, never liked the way they handled his departure, and would love to see him return.

• Lily says:

Who says you should let go of your opinion? That was my opinion that I would prefer to not have him back because I’ve head enough of “bring back zack” demands directed at the writers. It’s been eight years, the show is so far from where it was when Zack was around, what’s the point of bringing in back, realistically? what’s the real contribution to the show’s story? none, it might give closure to Zack fans, sure, but to the show? it won’t change anything. all I’m saying is, eight years is a long time to be hung up on one character that wasn’t all that important as an individual in the first place, IMO.

• suzi says:

Your earlier post suggested the opinion of those who miss him is fueled by bitterness, and let’s not forget your annoyance. You’re entitled to your thoughts without them being degraded, just like everyone else is as well. Agree to disagree.

• Lily says:

I was talking about MY bitterness over all those “bring back Zack” demands I’ve seen/heard over the years that made me annoyed.

• Jake says:

Agreed, I never got why people where so obsessed with the character, he was a big zero as far as personality goes and I never missed him when he left. The revolving interns at least gave the writers some storylines.

• Gern Blanston says:

Speaking as non-superfan of Bones who has seen every episode because my wife likes the show I would like to see him back for a couple of reasons. First and foremost is that he’s a major plot point that they just have had dangling out there for 8 seasons now. If they would have killed him off it would have been one thing, but they didn’t so I would like to see some kind of resolution especially since they left his story on a cliffhanger of sorts. He helped the bad guy ( I forget his name), but he didn’t do the actual killing himself which left this window open for some kind of redemption that the writers never returned to. And second, the interns have always bugged me. Zach was a fully realized character where I never got that from any of the interns. They always came across as half baked ideas that the writers could manipulate to fit whatever story they wanted to tell without having to do any of the difficult storytelling that would flesh them out and make me look forward to seeing them. Want to tell a terrorist story? We have a middle eastern intern! Want a sad story? Give random intern cancer! Comedic relief? We got you covered! I actually gave a crap about Zach. His replacements? Not so much.

• Personally, I love each of the interns. Daisy is one of my favorites and I also like how they coupled her with Sweets throughout most of the series. They were the most adorable couple. I would like to see her more, I haven’t seen her in a few episodes now. As for Fisher, I know they haven’t brought him back for quite a while so that is a loose thread in my mind. As for Zach, I think the only loose thread and irritation I had with his story line, is that at the end of that episode he confesses to Sweets that he never actually did kill anyone. I guess I would have just liked it to be known to the rest of the Jeffersonian team that their friend was not an actual killer. For some reason, i feel as though they would not be so judgemental of him for assisting in the death as they would be to know that he actually stabbed the man in the heart as it was previously told to them. (Also, another person stated that Zach was the one who told Gormagon about Booth and Brennans whereabouts and caused them to be blown up, but we dont know that. They said in the show that there was another person under Gormagon before Zach was recruited ) ive been a fan from the beginning, so of course I would like to see the show continue on for many more seasons and I also don’t really like that the last season will only be 12 episodes, but I do understand that there are other issues going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about. That is the main reason why the show is ending. I do like all of the interns and I think that was a smart way to introduce new characters into the show after Zach’s departure. I think that bringing Aubrey in after Sweets passing was smart as well. He is a funny character and it complements Booth quite well. I still wish that Sweets was around though. I think that he was quite a complementary character to the whole team and it was sad and heartbreaking to see him go. Overall this is quite an amazing show in my opinion. It’s smart, funny, interesting, dramatic, intellectual, it really makes you think and analyze. It captures you into the character lives and makes you want to learn more. I have learned quite a bit through watching the show and I will continue to watch for many years after it is over. I own all of this season’s hahaha. I think all of the characters have done an amazing job and I can’t wait to see the other things that they choose to do after the show ends. Bones will forever be my favorite show and I’m thankful for the time that we did get. Disagreements or not between fans over who should or should not return and the irritations of which character is irrelevant. We all have been touched by the show in one way or another and I’m thankful to the writers and the cast for giving us those 12 years of Bones. :-)

• kmw says:

@Jessica well said. After last nights episode( which by the way was TERRIFIC) shows how good Bones still is after all these years. If Bones can bring Zach back in a way that is honest to the show than I am all for it. I too wish Bones had more than 12 episodes but unless FOX has a disaster with their pilots I am not holding my breath for more. I am grateful for the seasons we have been given especially considering the nonsense that has gone on between FOX and the show itself. Such a great show and I am going to miss it when its gone.

• Jeri says:

Zach and Ziva.

• Dee says:

For many of us he was the first real media portrayal of a successful Autistic character who wasn’t a disability troupe (he was modeled specifically on Asperger’s Syndrome traits as confirmed by writers and Kathy Reichs). So, not only did we finally have someone truly relatable to us in a major supporting role, but the way they chose to eliminate the character was traumatic (given the stupid potential serial killer/mass murderer stereotype we have to deal with when there is no actual cause for it). They should try to redeem that metaphorical slap in the face. I started watching the show because of him (my parents saw the pilot and thought I seemed like a mix of him and Bones and got me to watch it) which also lead me to the Temperance Brennan book series. I’m just supposed to “let that go” because you don’t understand it? If another fan’s interest in the show is enough to “ruin” a show for you how big of a fan are you really? Because if you like a show, it doesn’t matter whether someone else does, doesn’t or does in a different way; it literally takes nothing away from you or the show.

3. Please, oh Please! Zack could be just what Hodgens needs! I know they like the rotating squinterns, but I’ve missed Zack, King of the lab just isn’t the same without him!

4. Kiki says:

It would have been so nice to be able to read articles of this nature about Castle….cherish the end Bones fans!! It will be good!! No matter what!

• Lily says:

I am. As much as it hurts to know Bones will be ending next season, in the light of all the Castle mess, I’ve felt extremely grateful for the fact that we will get a proper ending, and I also feel sorry for Castle fans

5. madbengalsfan85 says:

Yeeeeaaaah, I’m not celebrating this bit of news

6. telling-it-like-it-is says:

Where does TVLine get its facts? They can’t even do that right. Michael, somebody should have told you that Eric Millegan was regular in the first three seasons. Since the end of the third season, Eric Millegan/Zack Addy, has only appeared in 2 additional episodes. The fourth season episode “The End in the Beginning” and the 100th episode “The Parts in the Sum and the Whole”. It was NOT, and I repeat, NOT several episodes since the third season ended. He has not made several appearances since he left the series, only 2. Somebody fed Michael wrong information.

7. anon says:

Zack was a part of Bones

He was an original Bones cast member

He has people who miss him & want his story resolved

He has every right to be in the final season just as much as the new characters have

Deal with it anti -Zack’s

• madbengalsfan85 says:

Zack is not a part of Bones anymore
      He wanted to leave, and TPTB wrote him out
      He has people who don’t want him back, and think his story is already resolved
      We have every right to not want him back, just as much as you have to want him back
      Deal with it pro-Zack’s

• anon says:

Eric never wanted to leave. He was written off the show.

Zack was a part of Bones, fact, any character can return anytime the writers want.

Alex Rizdell (sp?), was a one off guest star in S2 and his character returned in S8

If it is going to happen, it is going to happen all your whining in the world won’t change that.

• NatesMama says:

Actually, Eric requested to be written out to deal with his disorder. So no, you’re wrong. Ask him on Twitter, he’ll verify it.

I *hated* Zack, he was a superfluous character no one needed, but I can tolerate him back for one episode if it stops the constant “Bring Back Zack” questions in every. single. question and answer. period EVER.

• anon says:

You are wrong, I have receipts…

Eric Millegan Dishes on a Shocking Bones Revelation
            by TV Guide News
            May 20, 2008 2:05 AM EDT

TVGuide.com: Was this all written for you because you wanted to leave the show, or are you simply following the fate of your character?

Millegan: Oh, I’m following the fate of my character. It wasn’t my choice – it was a creative decision to shake things up and make a good season finale.

Feel free to apologise.

(I give full credit to TVGuide – Google for the full interview)

• suzi says:

Thank you, anon.

• Lily says:

ever thought that maybe they agreed on this so that he doesn’t have to talk about his personal problems with the press until he’s ready to share it? (as I believe he did end up talking about his bipolar disorder later on)

• Nancy says:

LOL – that’s exactly how I feel about Cam. A superfluous character no one needs. All she does is piddle around the lab poking her nose in other’s people business.

I’m thrilled to see Zach again. No need to rain on someone fans parade.

• Jen says:

Wow Natesmama…thanks for tolerating Zach for ONE episode. So generous of you to allow the Bones folks to do what they want to with THEIR show. What happened to they whole “we should just watch the story they want to tell” spiel?

• Daniel says:

They didnt agree to $%&^%. He’s an actor that was handed a crap storyline after the writers strike. All shows got shortchanged that year and in order to bring viewers back to the new seasons in the fall, they needed to craft amazing finales with unexpected twists. Eric became expendable along with his character. It sucks… I always root for the underdogs, the less standout guys on my shows (at the beginning). They tend to be the more cool ones by the end. :) Youve got money coming in, health insurance, etc… with Bones. He wasn’t going to voluntarily walk away from that. ;/ Hopefully they’ll get him back from something… 1, 4 or all 12… whatever.. for the final season.

• Jen says:

Hey madbengalsfan85…you don’t get to dictate what does or does not happen with Bones.

Deal with it.

• Jen says:

Dr. Gordon Wyatt and Booth’s judge friend in wheelchair aren’t a part of Bones anymore either, yet some people want them to come back. What’t he difference between those characters and Zach? Oh yeah, Zach was in a lot more shows than either of them.

We only saw Booth’s brother Jared in a few episodes and he was barely ever mentioned, yet he played a large part in the S11 premiere. I’ll bet a lot of fans didn’t even know who he was.

• Cam Monge says:

Zach comes back and kills , and eats, Bones’ kids…..

8. A fan of TV says:

I only caught up on Bones through Netflix about a year ago, so Zack’s ridiculous character assassination is still new to me, and how everyone was so darn sad for him and forgiving. The show never got its multi-season Big Bad plots right (which is me putting it mildly and being polite), but the procedural elements and cast chemistry have been divine.

• Lily says:

I would have to disagree, I’ve always enjoyed the long arcs. The Gormogon (and that was one season only,not multi seasons) might have been the weakest for me, but then again, that season got sadly impacted by the writers’ strike that took place that year. But otherwise, I like the multi-season plots on Bones.

• A fan of TV says:

I have found all of them to be a massive drag on the heart of the show, personally. Pelant is among the least frightening, most hilariously badly written serial killers in TV history. I’m not saying the show did not improve immensely after Zack was out and they had the rotating squinterns (I loved every one!), but if Gormorgon had been their last attempt at a multi-season Big Bad I would have liked the show even more, personally.

9. Max says:

I just hope they don’t pull a St. Elsewhere and make the entire series having taken place in the mind of Zach Addy.

10. xomylifexo says:

What they did to zach’s character was atrocious and I stopped watching after that. I might watch the last season if he’s in it but I just don’t think the writers can be trusted to do…well, anything really, but mostly tell a good story.

• Matt says:

That season was impacted by the writers strike and with a number of episodes cut they ended up bungling the whole Gormagon story and Zach’s involvement. A season long arc was wrapped up in about 10 minutes without addressing any of the many glaring plot holes. That said, I always understood there was tension off screen with Eric Millegan and regardless of how badly it was done, the show runners wanted him gone.

• Lily says:

ehm, no, all the cast members and producers always say they loved Eric, but he had some personal mental health problems, so I think it was more a favour to him, to let him go

• suzi says:

Turning a mostly beloved character into an easily mislead plot device did him no favor. I read Millegan had some mental health issues as well, but there had to be a better way to reduce his workload. Much like Sweets—Daley wanted to return to Bones after his project, but Stephen Nathan thought it would be more satisfying to fans to kill the character. Not to this fan.

• Lily says:

Hmm I think he meant more satisfying in terms of storytelling. Because had it been ANY other season, giving Sweets time off and then having him come back would make sense. However, the beginning of S10 was an unfortunate time since Booth was just released from prison, dealing with PTSD, and there’s NO WAY Sweets would just go away for whatever reason and not be there for Booth, to help him deal with all of that. There is no good enough reason for why Sweets would be MIA during such hard times for Booth. And pretending he is there, we just wouldln’t see him physically, that’d just be so awkward and quite boring IMO.

At least this way, we got Aubrey and he’s great, to me, he’s far better than Sweets, and his friendship with Booth feels more natural. Sweets would always nag Booth about everything, I did like him, but he often butt into things that were none of his business unless Booth would be the first one to bring it up.

• anon says:

Sweets > Aubrey

I would of rather of had some convoluted story writing off Sweets for 13eps …than the pathetic 2.0 version in S10-11

That’s my POV, I’m not here to debate it or for anyone to change my mind.

• suzi says:

Thank you again, anon.

• Lily says:

sorry anon, but I strongly believe that the reason you prefer Sweets is that he was on the show a lot less than Aubrey is, which means less B&B time, what you don’t realize is the “why” but there’s no point in discussing this furthermore w/ you

• kmw says:

I agree that the plot device for Zach at the end of season three wasn’t the brightest thing they have done but no matter the reason why Millegan left Bones itself was screwed up by the writers strike and they did the best they could. In retrospect I much prefer how they wrote Zach out to how they wrote Sweets out. It would have been easy to just let Zach leave and go start a career for himself elsewhere but I give them credit for attempting to do something different even if it wasnt well received. On the other hand Sweets situation was totally mishandled and Bones didn’t have a writers strike to deal with. Just a producer who was unwilling to deal with this particular actor( Daley) anymore which led to a character who I could have grown to like but who I resented because he ( Aubry) was shoved down our throats to the detriment of Booth and Brennan who are the center of the show I have grown to not completely dislike Aubry but his introduction was bungled. I do hope Zach comes back to at least give closure to that story but Bones doesn’t need Nathan to come back at all

• anon says:

@lily I don’t like Aubrey, END OF. I don’t need you to tell me how I feel or lecture me.

Just let people have their opinion without jumping all over. Think you can do that?

• Mo says:

Not sure it was that simple-I remember reading an interview with Eric Millegan where he was discussing his mental health challenges-can not remember if it was maybe a manic depressive disorder but he did not believe he could continue. I also believe he had some type of episode and it was a perfect storm-writers strike, rushed season ending, unfinished plot and a series regular leaving for a health problem.

• suzi says:

He did return for three episodes, however if he was unable to continue, then show could have wrapped up Zach’s story without Eric, instead of leaving him in the loony bin without another mention.

11. thanks999 says:

Adams would be a great addition, Eric Millegan not so much. I think season 12 should showcase Angela, Hodgins, Cam, and Aubrey as Booth and Brennan have far exceeded their interesting contribution to the show. To me at least the support characters are much more interesting and compelling than the boring Booth and Brennan.

• Lily says:

I guess that would make you the minority, just as it makes me the minority to not want Zack back. Booth and Brennan will always be the center of the show.

• anon says:

Too bad for you 999, cos S12 is going to be all about B&B and wrapping up arcs for them that were set up in S1….imo, you sound bitter, you want plots about everyone but not the LEADS, thank God you aren’t a Bones showrunner

FYI, the only reason that there is S12 is because of Booth & Brennan, because of DB & ED, as Dana said there is NO BONES without them

The other characters live in B&B world not the other way around.

12. Andrea says:

I would enjoy seeing Zack again.

13. Jake says:

Yes, by all means, bring back the serial killer”s apprentice. Maybe he could be allowed back in the lab, but he’d have to be strait-jacketed and wearing one of those Hannibal Lector face masks – it’d be classic TV!!

14. Emmy says:

I love him! He was such a fun character, especially his interactions with Hodgins. I miss him.

15. Betty says:

I would love to see this. I actually hope to see an update for all the squints at some point during season 12. I miss Fisher and Finn. At least it sounds like they want to try and do things that the fans want to see in the final season.

• Lily says:

Fisher will be back for one episode this season! :) I think… it’s probably episode 17 the one where Booth joins secret service

16. kirads09 says:

Words cannot express how happy this makes me. Zack rocks.

17. Dominique says:

i wouldn’t mind seeing zack again, but only if they still keep the rest of the squinters as well.
    if they have to step aside to make room for zack, then no please.
    i’d rather see diasy, wendell, FISHER, etc make another appearance than have zack be present all season.

18. Nancy says:

I’m happy to hear Zach will be back! He was a big part of Bones’ early success. One the classic characters! Would love to see the original gang back together!

19. rynogeny says:

Eric asked to leave because the long days on set were making his health issues worse. There’s never been anything to indicate ‘tension on set’ – that’s a different show. Eric and Emily were reported to be quite close, as was Eric and Hart. Could he have been written out better? Yes, probably, but the writers’ strike screwed the entire season up, so we only got part of the story.

I liked the character and liked his interactions with them – at least until he threw his lot in with a serial killer that, among other things, tried to kill Booth and Brennan – and have even always agreed that there was a bit of a dangling thread in there in terms of Sweets knowing something that Booth and Brennan didn’t know.

But whether that can be told now, so many years later, in a way that makes sense…I don’t know. Casual and newer viewers (by which I mean anyone who’s started watching the show in the last EIGHT years) are likely to be confused, and while I think the writers will do their best to explain who he is and what his relationship was with them, that’s going to be hard to do in a single episode or two. They have a lot of stories to tell in the final season – they’ve indicated they have arcs planned for ALL the major characters, so they not going to have time for more than that.

• rynogeny says:

Or ‘they’re not,’ even. Stupid typos.

It *would* be interesting to see Brennan and Zach together again, given how much she’s changed. But again…they have a lot of stories planned for next season. We’ll see how it works out.

20. Angus says:

Millegan being written out of the series was why I stopped watching Bones. The none stop onslaught of replacement characters for him was a show stopper for me. I will watch the epi/s that he is slated to be in.

• July Lark says:

I agree, the endless rotation of boring squinterns is well boring. I’d rather see some character development between the existing characters than 5-6 scenes each week of characters I have no interest in. My opinion is as valid as anyones.

21. John NYC says:

Wow, I guess never say never: I’d guessed due to the thinness of his recent resume that he had phased out of the acting business.

Good for him.

22. kmw says:

It’s nice that Peterson is going to try and hope he can do it. While I would like to see his return and also the reveal that he didn’t kill anyone but it might also be difficult because of his lie. Brennan has grown a lot but she still doesn’t tolerate lies and Zach lied big time. They had a good relationship on the show so I would hate for that aspect to end badly. As for other returns maybe Emily Deschanel can convince her brother to return, at least once. I know he isn’t acting anymore but it would be nice to see him again. Jonathan Adams would also be nice. On the other hand Bones only has 12 episodes next season they cannot just make every show about someone who used to be there. I hope they can go out on a good note

23. Couch Mom says:

The interesting thing here is that Sweets was the only one of the group who knew the truth and Zack swore him to silence. With Sweets being dead, no one knows the truth unless Zack talked about it during any therapy sessions but that would be a doctor-patient confidentiality issue. Will be interesting to see if they do bring him back and how they do it. I can see for maybe an episode or two but not the whole season.

• kmw says:

I agree only for a couple of episodes and I am interested to see how they would bring him back. But right now it is a big IF. Peterson said he would try, doesn’t mean he can

24. Bob Price says:

Zach should never have been cut in the first place. In my opinion he was the best!

25. Jeri says:

I’d like to see them remembering Sweets and his friendships and contributions to the whole Jefferson/FBI institutions. A smile from the other side would be nice.

26. Sean says:

Yesssss. Love Zack. Best of both worlds. Crazy and Cute.

27. william says:

Make sense to bring him back, especially since he and Hodgins were real good friends and with what has happened to Hodgins, he can probably help him.

28. Laura C says:

I am happy Bones appears to be ending a GOOD note for the fans. I am also glad (Lily) that they are trying to get Zack back. What they did to his character was far-fetched because of his personality, trying to convince viewers he was an apprentice to Gormogon. Heck, even the service sent him back because he wasn’t suited for violence/killing. Oh well. Anyway, I was more mad that they killed off Sweets. I have been watching Bones since Day One, also watch the marathons on TNT. I will miss the show and ALL characters- love Angela & Hodgins, and her dad, Brennan’s dad, Max, Wendall, the redneck intern. I even got to liking Daisy near the end.

29. mooshki says:

Yay! I was so hoping he’d be back! Never stopped missing him.

30. Robin Lynne Showstack says:

Since he knows what the viewers want…maybe it has been a dream sequence that Hodgins was paralyzed! Bringing back Addy in another flashback would be okay. All the squints have been rotated around anyway. Maybe bring back Caroline’s love interest, more of Ryan O’neal would be appreciated too!

• Lily says:

Tj Thyne was excited when they asked him if he wants to do that, after all, first and foremost, the actors have to be interested in what they do, so…
      Ryan O’Neal is in the season finale.

31. Shirlz says:

Would love to see zack back.
    Hopefully they can do a flash back scene to feature Sweets in the final season..

32. Olivia says:

Bring back Sweets!

33. Deana says:

Final Season!?!?!?

34. Melissa says:

Since they may bring Zak back they should bring An identical twin in for Sweets…since he was adopted he could have been separated at birth.

35. Dona Moore says:

I am very disappointed that u are taking bones off. I have watched this show from day one. And all the reruns. May have to stop watching fix all together

36. V.Gonzales says:

I just don’t know why Bones has to leave. If your bringing Zack back. Bring the cook chef shrink back to. Mix it up and keep it going. I feel there is still all th there. 😊The characters are loved and truthfully. HIGGINS needs to show everyone he can heal and adapt through his anger and Angie needs another baby. Brennin needs her dad back. Zack needs to be a normal squint. Cam needs to marry aristu come on.

37. Sharon Lay says:

Do no think it is necessary to bring back old characters. It is redundant.

38. Tim Johannsen says:

Zack was a truly uniques character, and his relationship with Bones was interesting. I haven’t watched “Bones” on a regular basis since his departure.

39. JoAnn Farmer says:

I liked Zach the best out of all the interns, Eric played his part well ! Zach was such an innocent but a brainiac ! 💝

40. titnaskers says:

So happy to see the show runner to at least tryto tie up the loose strand that many fans have been curious about. What ever happened to Zach and if he could ever return to the Jeffersonian lab. Will be hoping that the actor who played Zach and the show runner of Bones can straighten up there schedules. S o us Bones fans can possiably get a successful closure on the Zach story.

41. Leslie A says:

To me, the entire point of the series is how these very different people came to become a family. They went through so many things together. They found that love and family doesn’t mean a shared bloodline, family is about being there for each other. Just because Zack has been incarcerated doesn’t mean he’s out of the family or any less in their thoughts and hearts. Even after 8 years away, your family is there and that’s where you return to. I love that Zack is being brought back.

42. James Clark says:

We want John Frances Daley back on bones.Its TV , it could happen.

43. Deb says:

I loved Zac!!!!! So glad he’s back. We knew he was innocent but that confession died with Sweets!!!!

44. Danessa says:

why would Zack have a vendetta against Bones? Despite him being sent to an asylum they didn’t exactly part on bad terms. She helped him logically realize that he was being manipulated by Gormogon. Angela, Hodgins, and Sweets were mentioned to have stayed in contact with him. So unless hes upset that Brennan never visited him, I dont see why he would have gone through such an elaborate scheme as to kill multiple people and make them puppets. He wasn’t himself crazy, Sweets said it in one episode I think. Unless somehow ironically being in a psychiatric hospital made him mad.

• laura c says:

My thoughts exactly. I honestly don’t see the Zack we knew as a real killer. Was he not accepted into the service because he wasn’t found to be suitable for combat? Unless he went whacky from the Looney bin itself, I don’t buy him as a villain. He liked Brennan & squints. I do like seeing him again though. I still miss Sweets too. Next season should be interesting. I will really miss this show & ALL the cast, been watching since Day 1

45. Love Zack and Millegan. Wish he’d have come back sooner. I think there would have been great interaction with Sweets.

46. Terri says:

I love bones I wished it didn’t have to go off Zack should come back because it’s the last season so let the writers do what they do best we can still
    Watch reruns good bye to a great show

47. Maha says:

I love Zach please please please do NOT make him the killer. I was so shocked that he resurfaced that way in season 11 and I am now rewatching the beginning season. He is a unique character and very likable I really wish he would not go dark.