The Vampire Diaries Spoilers

Vampire Diaries Finale: Damon Making the 'Ultimate Sacrifice' to Save Bonnie

Bonnie is getting a major assist from Damon on the season finale of The Vampire Diaries — whether she likes it or not.

The CW on Tuesday released the official description for the drama’s May 13 season-ender (The CW, 8/7c), ominously titled “Gods & Monsters,” which features a host of unlikely team-ups. Read it in full below:

THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE — Despite their best efforts to help Bonnie (Kat Graham) through the harrowing predicament she now faces, Damon (Ian Somerhalder), Enzo (Michael Malarkey) and Caroline (Candice King) realize their options are running out and drastic measures need to be taken. With their only chance of saving their friend lying inside the Armory, Stefan (Paul Wesley) breaks the news to Caroline that they may need help from an unlikely source – her and Alaric’s twin daughters. Elsewhere, Enzo (Michael Malarkey) keeps Bonnie preoccupied by bringing her back to their cabin but when his plan takes an unexpected turn, it’ll be up to Damon to make the ultimate sacrifice to save his closest friends.

There’s obviously a lot to unpack here: What new “harrowing predicament” will Bonnie find herself in? How will Alaric respond to Stefan dragging his twins into the fray? And does “the ultimate sacrifice” mean what we all think it means?

All we can do for now is theorize, so drop a comment with your hopes, fears and general thoughts below.

1. Ian says:

It would make more sense if it meant he had to sacrifice Elena since her and Bonnie’s life forces are connected, but that’s all i got.
    Its has been such a pleasure to come back to TVD since this give-in to a greater focus on Bonnie and showcase for Kat. The show has found some magic again. Between Nina leaving and Candice’s pregnancy and Bamon and Benzo (and Jolaric), Ive been in love with TVD again.

• Jessica says:

• I agree, because that annoying Benzo chemistry-less nonsense needs to end, like, NOW.

• Bob Wood says:

Nina will be back for the show’s Finale when it ends Nina has already stated that so they can’t kill Elena’s Character off.

• DBS says:

Has this been recent? Nina said her final goodbyes when she accepted an award for TVD. That speech sounded like she wasn’t coming back. I think a lot of things were said at the time of her departure because tensions were high. We’ll see though. Plus it’s not like this show hasn’t killed people off before and then the next month resurrected them.

• bobbysgurl says:

I believe Bamon will happen, but not at the expense of a dead Elena. Delena fans already hate KG because Bonnie wandered into Damon-Freaking-Salvatore’s universe.

Bonenzo, no matter how attractive MM and KG are together, is just a rung on Bamon’s ladder. I like all the characters on TVD, however, Bonnie Bennett is my favorite.

As close as Elena and Bonnie were, it would be nonsensical to believe Bamon wouldn’t happen in her absence. It is why I think that when Bonnie told Elena she was sorry, Elena responded that they would both get what they want but not at the same time. She loves Bonnie and Damon, so I don’t think she will see it as a betrayal if they found comfort and love in each other. This would be the loyal and selfless Elena the show drummed into our heads. And, the biggest part of this is, Elena wants Damon to be happy.

• I hope it’s that too. Nina is gone and will not come back. They need to end the coffin storyline and make Bamon happen.

• Tori says:

I can only hope that the sacrifice is him killing coffin girl. That awful sleeping beauty sl held everything back this season. Please let Damon set her on fire for real this time!

• Kira says:

I’m here for Elena’s death and Sterobore’s demise. BOTH SHOULD’VE HAPPENED LAST SEASON! My OTP is Elena + Death.

• Bob Wood says:

Its not going to happen folks as long as Nina who already agreed to come back for a couple of episodes in the final season they are not going to kill her off, so just get that out of your minds because it won’t happen.

• DBS says:

Well, we’ll all see won’t we? It doesn’t hurt to hope she doesn’t.

• court says:

If the hold on to it and don’t bring her back I’m done completely. May not even watch anything else Julie Plex writes the show was based in Elena, Stephen and Damon. I love Bonnie and the other but they were background chars I love they have parts now but I miss them all together it’s not the same without Elena. Also with Elena gone their is no more Jeremy. We also never see Tyler.

• Kimberley says:

Totally agree!! Elena is the base of the entire show its stupid how she’s not on anymore

• bobbysgurl says:

Replying to court: Bonnie should have been a core character because she was one of Elena’s best friends, not Caroline. Caroline hated Elena. The show is better, because the entire core group is being utilized now. It’s what is known as an ensemble cast. It’s working out just fine for those of us who aren’t into the entire show being on the backs of Ian and Nina. As for me, I don’t care what the CW puts out after TVD is gone, I won’t be watching. And Caroline Dries and Julie Plec can keep peddling their drivel, but I won’t support them.

2. Stacey says:

I love the Bamon and Bonenzo scenes. Not sure what sacrifice Damon’s going to make, but it may have to do with Elena. Wonder how Care’s twins are going to come into play. I just hope Bonnie pulls through and that Caroline chooses herself and gets away from both Stefan and Alaric. As long as Caroline, Bonnie, Enzo, and Damon are safe, I’m happy!

3. Lizzie says:

As long as Bonnie survives, I’ll be happy :)

I think they are going to turn Bonnie into the new Huntress and when her new powers provoke her into wanting to kill vampires, Damon will let her stab him with the sword to save everyone else. The season will end with Damon going on the run and Bonnie chasing after him.

• J says:

The sword doesn’t work like that without the stone though.

• Max Steiner says:

There is no sword left. Anyway, the promo shows that Bonnie is marking Caroline first.

• I hope the writers have a better plan for Bonnie than making her the huntress for season 8. The Phoenix stone is gone, she can no longer mark her potential “victims” with her sword, the released vampires are going to scatter all over the world, that’s a lot of ground to cover. Not to mention the fact that she’ll be virtually alone AGAIN, haven’t we already seen that scenario in season 6. It’s not a script worthy of a character which the writers have been basically sacrificing over and over. I’m not a shipper hard to see how Bamon could happen in a romantic way but would at least want to see them back as friends with their chemistry still there, still palpable, still intact. Season 7 has done quite a number on the little group. Would be nice to see them back united fighting a common enemy together not constantly split apart and, in a way, fighting each other. I think it would be a fitting end for the show if it is indeed to end after season 8 is done.

• bobbysgurl says:

The Armory killed all the vamps connected to Rayna and the Phoenix Stone. Rayna agreed to give Bonnie her life if they “Kill Them All”. Bonnie was became a Huntress because canon is when a hunter dies, another will live. It seems our Scooby Gang forgot how Jeremy became a hunter.

I’ve read elsewhere that if Bonnie turns, Elena will die. The person who stated this said JP said Bonnie turning into a Vamp is a loop hole. Kai warned Damon about a loop hole killing both Bonnie and Elena.

• OOps wrote the comment before having seen episode 20. Okay so the vampires from the Phoenix stone have been killed. Bonnie did and undid her spell but the fact remains she’s now a huntress with only one thing on her mind, killing vampires which includes all the people she’s been friends/lover with in a former life. In my mind it’s not really a potentially good arc for her. I’m tired of all the former allies united in a single cause now stuck mostly fighting each other. With the mystery of the vault yet to be fully revealed I’m assuming IT will become the big bad in season 8 finally bringing everyone back together. First they must lose the Caroline/Alaric/twins combo. that’s just plain bad, Matt hasn’t been much fun either. Still up to Stefan/Damon/Bonnie to carry the show if there is to be any great forward momentum.

• Court says:

He is already marked so is Enzo and Caroline so she is already after them and the sword is broke. She is just out to kill them now.

4. ninergrl6 says:

I’ve never been a Bonnie fan but I LOVE Benzo. I want a spin off of their last 3 years together. Whatever happens in the finale, that relationship needs to stay in tact.

• Stacey says:

I agree, I love them too and I want more scenes of them together!

• Nemo says:

That is best coment of alll !!!!! I Agree With You!

• chia says:

Love benzo..their chemistry is so awesome. Damon and bonnie needs to just stay best friend..ahead should not get elena seconds. .her and enzo love needs to keep growing

• AnnaS. says:

Nope. Damon and Bonnie have been building way beyond friendship. Waiting for them to admit their feelings! Bamon is LOVE.

• DeniseO says:

Yeah I don’t really like Benzo together,They are just the oddest couple, right next to Stefan and Caroline when they decided to date(although with time sorta grew on me). I just wish they would’ve given her someone else to date but I honestly wouldn’t mind Bamon :) they have great chemistry that could work out as best friends or MORE!

• Bamon might still happen depends on how committed the writers/show runners are to the Delena story line. I wouldn’t mind a little Bonnie/Damon romantic passion myself but for now I’ll have to satisfy myself with the hate/love awesome chemistry.

5. Michelle says:

Oh how I wish the sacrafice will be Elena but no JP doesn’t have the balls to do it so I think Damon will sacrifice himself. The Armory wants something and I think it will be him and whatever is behind the vault taking tvd into season 8. What throws me off tho is that 2 characters will be taking the Journey so maybe somehow Stefan gets involved.

• Wren says:

I was thinking this too. I wonder if by sacrificing himself he becomes human somehow. It seemed like they might have been foreshadowing it with Stefan being human for a minute. Who knows with this show though, sometimes fans think of better story lines than what actually gets written. I never get my hopes up about it being a good episode because I’m always let down. lol

6. Renee says:

I have absolutely hated this season! All the magic and romance left the show-I could see no chemistry at all between Bonnie and Damon as friends-and what happened to Dalaric? They were best friends! He was Damon’s only friend!
    Why has established canon been abandoned?
    I dont think Ill bother watching season 8 until it comes out on DVD and Bonnie is dead and Danon and Elena are reunited forever.

• Talon says:

I’ve loved this season! It’s been so nice without toxic albatross delena and am so thankful Nina left. I just wish Ian and Kat would stay for another three seasons to erase the last three.

• Stacey says:

While I have nothing against Delena, and agree with you on the Dalaric front, Damon and Bonnie definitely have chemistry and have been carrying the show along with Enzo. I get that it’s hard to watch when your favorite couple is not together or one of them is getting a new love interest, since I ship Klaroline. But just do what I do, ff the scenes you don’t like,Steroline for me, and watch the ones you do like. And read recaps to stay up to date if you can’t stomach an episode. I feel bad for ND, Ian and especially Paul were snarky about her not being on the show anymore. PW has become pretty annoying just like his character.

• pep says:

Actually Damon and Bonnie are cannon sorry booboo the writers are just to chicknsht slash mildly/full on rcst to go there.

• Elena says:

Right, I forgot in the books it’s Stelena and Bamon. Well this actually fits perfectly. Stefan doesn’t seem to be 100% in with anyone except Elena. Caroline deserves her very own love story like she had with Klaus.

• In the books. The show is not the books, nor beholden to their narrative. Are you annoyed that Bonnie isn’t a redhead on the show? Different “canon”. Get over ittt.

• TT says:

It would seem YOU need to get “over it” since you feel the need to comment on everyone elses posts. lol

7. J says:

Seriously they are dragging this “Save Bonnie” storyline on for 3 more episodes! I thought by episode 21 they would have switched up to some crazy plot twist but every plot summary for the next 3 episodes basically says the same thing. Damon trying to save Bonnie. This show used to move so quick and it seems to have lost its spark. I also remember reading season 7 was supposed to focus more on the relationship of Damon and Stefan, which it did for a while but I would have liked to see that through to the finale. Perhaps the ultimate sacrifice refers to him turning Bonnie into a vampire, thus meaning Elena will never wake up if Bonnie is no longer human?

• Stacey says:

No, if Bonnie is turned to a vampire, it means she would have to die so Elena would wake up. Pretty sure the spell was that Elena would wake when Bonnie died. So for now she has to stay alive since ND is off making movies.

• J says:

Oh yeah. Your right. She would have to die. I didn’t think that one through. I did read something about 2 characters lives being changed and hope its not Damon and Bonnie because it would seem too much like the season 5 finale. Hopefully its referring to Damon and Stefan and we can get back to the brothers.

• Wren says:

TBH they need to either kill Elena off or unlink Bonnie/Elena. Agree with some of the others the sleeping spell was not a great plot going into s7 that needs to end asap..don’t want it dragging into s8.

• Lol the show had the “Save Elena” storyline for 6 seasons, so I guess 3 episodes about saving Bonnie isn’t that much of a bother – especially if you consider that in all of the previous seasons Bon was the one saving everybody else. I’m glad they are finally giving her some focus, she’s an awesome character and Kat is the best.
      As for the sacrifice, turning Bonnie would be fantastic, even more if she kept her witch powers! I won’t mind if this means Elena never comes back, maybe it’s time for her to rest in peace – for good.

• Natalie says:

I agree with all of this. Bonnie deserves the attention on her and it’s about time the whole gang got together to help her! Elena is the dead weight of TVD.

• storys19 says:

I think it depends on how strictly they take the spell. Yes she would die to become a vampire but she would also wake being that she’s a vampire, unless they decide the spell prevents. If they allowed it, that would mean Bonnie would be ‘awake’ forever unless they had her drink Elena’s blood, thus Damon gives up a mortal life with Elena. Could be they use Elena’s doppleganger, cure blood that somehow fights off the effects of the pills, again preventing Damon from being able to drink it from Elena and having a mortal life with her when she wakes. ‘Ultimate sacrifice’ could also be Bonnie’s friendship, if he does something really dark to save them. We know he’s going to be in season 8 so I don’t think it’s about his life. Could be freedom if he gets himself locked in the vault. Given the phrasing though I’m guessing Elena is somehow involved.

• Becca says:

These are some good theories! I do think they need to un link Bonnie and Elena, not sure the writers thought that one through. Haven’t ever heard anyone praise this story line.

• bobbysgurl says:

The ultimate sacrifice that Damon could make would be to turn Bonnie, then siphon The Cure out of Elena for Bonnie. I guess that is how he will show his love, if the show goes there.

This show has been stagnant for years. Now, they have a chance for the characters to grow and the show to thrive for another, I don’t know, 3 to 4 years if the writers can stop ship baiting with Bamon and fan servicing with Delena.

Three episodes devoted to Bonnie in 7 seasons isn’t bad. In fact, it is about time. She is one of the original core group of characters, but she never got her own s/l or a REAL love interest. So, whats the big deal if the show spends 3 lousy episodes on Bonnie? I’m freaking loving it.

8. williami85 says:

The ultimate sacrifice probably has to do with Elena. Maybe, hopefully fingers crossed, it’s letting Elena go. That storyline is so old and it’s awkward and weird when her name is thrown into the dialogue on the show. But, I’m all for saving Bonnie. Her character is the reason I watch the show.

9. Mary says:

We love Steroline! Can’t wait for them to fix everything and be back together.

10. Rt says:

Steroline is endgame

11. Sakshi says:

The only thing I am looking forward to is Steroline, I can’t wait to see them happy together again. Hopefully the finale will give a new beginning to their relationship

• Vic says:

Looking forward to Stefan and Caroline being free from each other and can’t wait for them to go back being best friends. I have hope that their new beginning will only be friendship and best buds like they should be.

• PiloteXYZ says:

Although it does seem like the ultimate sacrifice might be letting Elena go I hardly see Damon killing his girlfriend, the love of his life…blah blah blah. I know he needs to move on and he’s been murderous before but this murder would take him to a whole other level plus Bonnie would never forgive him which means he would lose not only Elena but Bonnie as well. I’m hoping they come up with a better scenario something involving unlinking Elena from Bonnie as well as resolving the anti-magic poison coursing through Bonnie. Hope it’s not another separation, I’ve had quite enough of that with Damon already. Reuniting the brothers and keeping them that way would make me super happy.

12. Kinsey says:

Hoping we get some good Steroline and Caroline moments. ❤️

• Fallon says:

The only moment I want to see is Caroline dumping both Alaric and Stefan and all of them going their separate ways! All of them deserve better!!

13. Organic says:

Im looking forward to steroline scenes, i ship them more than any couple. But i also understand that their relationship needs time to heal. So i have to be patient, at least they will share scenes and thats enough for me! Cant wait for
    Their june wedding in season 8! Hope so!

• Becca says:

God no they are one of the most forced couples on the show biggest bust and never really worked hopefully they will never put them back together. Hopefully they will give them closure and move on their is also another time jump one year I believe

• Michelle says:

I hope Stefan and Caroline pull through. I can’t stop rooting for them to finally be happy. Very curious to see how they will save Bonnie.

14. Nemo says:

I hope Bonnie will be saved this episode so she can be happy with Enzo. That girl deserves more smiles on her face than she had all those seasons; she finaly loves someone who loves her just as much, let a girl have something beautifull for herself.
    Hopefully Damon will show himself as a great friend and he will do something for someone not because of his selfish fealings.

15. SO EXCITED TO SEE MY BABIES STEROLINE . Seriously I missed so much Caroline Forbes , Steroline . And The scenes between Steroline, Alacric and the twins seems interesting :) . It change the dynamic :)

• Mari says:

SO EXCITED TO SEE THE END OF steroline. SERIOUSLY CAN’T WAIT FOR THE EPIC DEMISE OF THIS HORRIBLE COUPLE.

• Rebecca Costa says:

Mari I was reading through the posts. I get that you don’t like steroline, but why do you have to hate on everyone message that does.

• Stacey says:

I am with you. This ship is terrible! I miss their friendship so much! Hope the season ends with Defan. Hope Bonenzo stays together and Caroline is single and free. That would make me the happiest.

• Natalie says:

So agree with you @ mari. Stefan needs to be freed and Caroline needs to be single for awhile. Has she ever been single on this show, she’s been with every male now. ugh!!

16. We Want #Steroline
    We Love Steroline
    We Deserve Steroline
    ENDGAME

• Mari says:

WE DON”T WANT steroline.
      WE HATE steroline.
      WE DESERVE AN END TO steroline.
      steroline’s DEATH IS ENDGAME.
      THANK YOU!!!!

• Stacey says:

We don’t want Steroline! If you want to say I that’s fine but many fans don’t want Steroline, other than to see it end!

• Just watched clips of episode 21 didn’t feel any heat coming from the Stefan/Caroline combination. They’ve turned Caroline into housewife/mother just doesn’t fit vampire mode, quite silly actually. Don’t find her interesting at all as a character she’s lost all her spunk, never liked her that much but now she’s frankly annoying.

17. Beth says:

I wonder how the storyline with the twins will play out. I can’t imagine Alaric will want them anywhere near the supernatural world. I am sure Caroline will want to keep them safe as well. Maybe this will be her wake up call and she will realize that she needs to let the twins move away with Alaric. I want her to be strong, single and happy at the end of the season.
    I really hope Damon’s sacrifice has nothing to do with sacrificing Elena’s life! That is really not his sacrifice to make. Sacrificing his own life, a chance of a future with her? Fine.

• Fallon says:

So agree about Caroline. They’ve destroyed her character this season between Steroline and Calaric/twins. Her and the boys need to be free and get their characters back. None of them have been the same after these contrived plots.

• Caroline has been deathly boring, all she can talk about are the babies/twins. As far as I’m concerned children should be kept away from vampire stories unless they’re super evil themselves which I really don’t like. Caroline and Alaric=boring Caroline and Stefan= very boring. Stefan was much more interesting with Valerie.

• Stacey says:

I completely agree with you! Hopefully the storyline is headed in this direction.

18. Nicholas Rue says:

The shippers ruined this series. If I never see another blended name again, it will be too soon… my God.

• Mac says:

Agree! but you can thank Plec & Dries for all these stupid ships. Plec said she paired Stefan and Caroline together because Stefan didn’t have anyone else. This is the type of story telling this woman can only come up with.

• I know hard to keep up with all these silly ships+if shippers don’t like the way their ship is going they start piling on a lot of hate on the show regardless of whether the story line is good or not. I do agree that Damon and Bonnie have chemistry I wouldn’t be opposed to them getting together but hardly see that happening with Elena very comatose but still in the picture. The only ship I’m prepared to support is the brothers together, I’m tired of the way the stories always pull them apart, it’s one endless save usually Stefan for Damon making Damon look awfully dumb most of the time and Stefan the sacrificial lamb. Want them working together, united, common front it’s worked for those other brothers. LOL

19. Sounds like more Bamon fanservice to me. Good luck with that. Ratings seem to be soaring lol and to all you morons that keep saying Nina isn’t coming back It has just been confirmed that she will be back for the finale

• Sarah says:

You mean like the fan serviced DULLena when they forced them on us and a million viewers left…Kinda like that fan service? LMAO

20. chantelle says:

its time to call it day! When you have to work that hard to make the story sounds interesting

21. chia says:

As long as bonnie and enzo ends up together I don’t really care what happens to damon

22. itos247 says:

going through all those comments is hilarious :DD

“OMG Damon is going to sacrifice Elena for Bonnie” HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Have you all actually been true fans of the show and are really watching it?!?!!?!?!?!!!

here are some things any true fan would obviously know:-

1- Damon will NEVER “intentionally” kill Elena or cause he death or even harm in any way .. there’s a specific storyline this season showing what it’d be like for him if he had to live in a world without her and how he’d feel if he thought she was dead
    hate on Elena and Delena all you want but be realistic while you do so … I don’t like or ship Klaroline but if a spoiler came out saying Klaus will kill Caroline I’d instantly know there is a twist and this spoiler is misleading because that will NEVER happen.

2- since when do the synopsis, specially of season finales are so obvious and give so much information?!! it’s been 7 years people.. if any of you ever watched this show and followed it’s spoilers you’d know how the synopsis usually give a totally wrong Idea on what’s actually going to happen

3- EVERY SEASON FINALE synopsis and spoilers since season 4 hinted at “Damon letting Elena go” .. every year they include a sentence that give that meaning .. S4 we thought the sire bond is broken and Elena will choose Stefan, S5 Damon dying, S6 after coming back he did let her go but that didn’t work and they got back together ..and in the finale we all thought she’ll be human and he’ll compel her to leave ML and let her go .. and you guys always fall for it, every time … the writers must really feel proud of how smart their fans are ..LOL

Finally and most importantly .. the synopsis above says

” it’ll be up to Damon to make the ultimate sacrifice to save his CLOSEST FRIENDS”
    Whatever sacrifice Damon will make, it will be to save his closest friends, with an S in the end, plural, as in more than one friend, as in more than Just Bonnie
    Bonnie has been in danger of death for several episodes now which means this isn’t the finale’s unexpected turn that will cause Damon to make the ultimate sacrifice

You know how this might actually be translated?! what if they found a cure that keeps Bonnie from dying and used the twin to try and cure her, but since Bonnie have been consuming Rayana’s blood for years now that thing they thought was the cure actually turned her into a vicious vampire huntress with magical powers.. and the sacrifice Damon had to make was killing her to save everyone else (Stefan, Caroline, Enzo, and himself)

I know that’s probably not what’s going to happen but it fits the synopsis perfectly .. it’s just an example of how misleading and random finale synopsis are

It’s really sad that the majority of this fandom doesn’t even get what this show is about

• Nemo says:

I’m with you on this! Reading coments I see a lot of teen hormones 😉😂
      Aldough I have never been Delena fan, even I know he would never put her life in danger and he loves her. The way Damon’s character evolved is that he started to care for his friends and his brother, and he actualy doesn’t want to hurt them even if that means that his happynes comes second. He is being less selfish but if something will come up to destroy his ultimate happynes, he won’t do it for sure!

• Iron says:

Reading your comments makes me laugh because all I ‘hear’ you saying is: “I ship delena and they better never do anything to damage my precious ship.” and if you think that sounds stupid that’s how your whiny summary of other fan comments sounds like. So what if fans think Damon might sacrifice something in regards to Elena. Who cares if that’s what they believe? Who cares if some fans want Elena, whom the actress that portrays her is GONE, to die and end the slp beauty curse….and most importantly let the show move on from the actress leaving? What makes you think that you’re a better or more real fan of TVD than anyone else. I’m sure that (depending on how long you’ve watched) over the course of seven seasons you’ve thought or wished something might occur and I’m sure it hasn’t always made sense! Who are you to judge someone else for thinking or wishing something?

23. Raya says:

1. Bonenzo needs to end.
    2. Delena needs to end.
    3. Calaric needs to end.
    4. Bamon should be back.
    5. Steroline should stay.
    6. Let Enzo find someone else or buzz off.
    7. Please kill Elena. Its known Nina wont come back.
    8. More focus on Stefan and Damon.

24. Lizzy says:

I think Damon will somehow get himself locked in the vault as the ultimate sacrifice. He will never give up Elena. They are eternal soulmates. Nina will be back, so Delena will reunite. Its just a matter of when and how. And Ughhh, I was hoping this save Bonnie crap wouldn’t drag into the finale. Its terribly boring, even though I do like Bonenzo. Her character should just die so we can have the star of the show – Elena back.

• bobbysgurl says:

Only on the the series are Damon and Elena soulmates. I have never witnessed a bunch of so-called fans calling for their favorite actress to come back and reprise a role she has left. Don’t you want ND to grow as an actress and to go on to bigger and better things?

• Ric says:

Keep in your DElusion. The only ones that want her back are the dullena’s. The ones actually watching this season want her to die. Damon has made so much progress WITHOUT her and I never want him back with her again.

25. Julia says:

Dullena fans are so pathetic. Nina dobrev left the show. There is no delena anymore; this ship is dead. And even if she comes back it would be for one episode maybe 5 minutes.
    They hold on on sth Julie plec said. And we all know how honest this woman is. We are not 100% sure the actress would be back. She just said she would be back to calm down this pathetic fandom.

26. how was that the finale there are still 2 more episodes..

27. Sarah says:

Yes go ahead Damon. Kill bitchelena for Bonnie and live happily ever after. This dullena bullcrap ruined the show for a very long time.

28. Micaela says:

OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS.
    Benzo ruled this season, and I even think it is one of the best chemistry that ever happen on this show.
    Seriously, if the writers kill off Benzo to make happen Bamon, probably the show is going to be one of the worst.

• Not sure how you can say that we barely saw them together. It would be more credible if the buildup had been there but a few episodes before Bonnie chopped off Enzo’s hand to save Damon so not too realistic to put them together because he’s the only “male” available for a potential love interest for Bonnie. I’m not a shipper per say only interested in good story telling which makes sense. Enzo has been a poorly thought out character ever since the end of season 5, he was mostly insufferable during season 6 and now season 7 has resurrected him as the son of the founder of The Armory, a bit of a stretch don’t you think?

• Max Steiner says:

I definitely agree. Enzo has always been a meaningless character. And now, I cannot understand how people like to see him with Bonnie. I would not be happy at all with a man who poisoned me to death because of his stupidity. And more: in the end of 7×20, Enzo silently admits that he considered the idea of dealing with the Armory, because it was the only way to save Bonnie’s life, but avoided that solution because he was afraid to be hated by her. Better dead than angry. Let alone the fact thìat Enzo always blames Damon and then ALWAYS does what Damon orders him to do, as Enzo is only a Damon wannabe and the authors are not able to develope his character. .

29. Kimberley says:

I’m going to keep my theory short and sweet. So basically, I think that Damon turns Bonnie into a vampire. (The Sacrifice.) Therefore, Bonnie dies, therefore, Elena is back. They use the twins to siphon the cure from Elena and somehow give it to Bonnie. But if you know The Vampire Diaries you should know damn well that something ALWAYS goes wrong. I think this part will have something to do with that vault. The endings of seasons always have their ways of getting into the next season, which is why I think this. I could be wrong, who knows! We’ll just have to wait and see!

I hope none of the core characters dies! It honesty killed me when Elena died! Let’s hope she comes back really soon! I know she does come back at some point.

• bobbysgurl says:

Damon is not going to turn Bonnie. He is not going to sacrifice Elena. He is going to sacrifice something important to him to save Bonnie, because she is the most important thing to him riGht now.

• DeniseO says:

That is one hell of a good theory, I hope it works out like this!

30. Lizlem says:

I feel like Damon’s sticking around. The sacrifice could be Elena, but that would negate so much of what’s happened in this show. What about Stefan? His character is so adrift and despite all they’ve done to keep him alive…maybe it’s time.

• No way neither Stefan nor Damon are going to die they’ve both signed on for next season plus the brothers are the beating heart of this show, forget about all the other ships without the undying and yet adversarial, at times, brotherly love, series will die a slow painful death.

• TT says:

Agree Josiane! If they killed either brother you might as well kill the show. The show is the brothers no matter how pathetic they write for their characters. I’m watching this show for Stefan/Damon and Bamon and that’s all.

• Same here love the brothers, there is no show without the brothers plain and simple. A little sad that both Ian and Kat announced they would leave after season 8,well Ian amended his answer, but certainly doesn’t give much time for Bamon to happen if it is to happen. I don’t like the finality of it all but I suppose it will give writers time to ponder on those endings and make season 8 the definitive season for TVD. I’m not counting on Nina coming back, she’s probably moved on and trying to branch out. After a successful run on t.v. it can be very very difficult. Some haters are already discounting acting possibilities for Ian (mostly) and Paul (some), regardless I think having been a show with such longevity and a pretty steady following is still an accomplishment certainly more than all the haters could do. The internet can be such a cauldron of resentment and hate.

31. Sendisha Singh says:

If Elena didn’t want to work with Damon on tvd they should have put her in the originals and made it where Klaus needed her to get his sire line back….it would have brought back a lot of viewers and they could have worked from there. Both the series are getting boring…they need to attract he viewers now more then ever

• Disagree think both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals have gotten more interesting story lines although die hard shippers might feel differently. I look for great story lines and although some episodes were more miss than hit generally there has been genuine suspense, horror, fear, love, loss, it’s allowed actors to stretch some badly sore acting muscles.

32. Daisjuana says:

I hope that whatever the ultimate sacrifice does not consist of Damon dying . To be honest im starting to tear up because its only one more season till the finally ENDING!!!!but i will always love TvD!😘😘

33. Nicole says:

Elena should come back everyone should be on the last episode don’t kill Elena she was the best herand Damon forever if u have to kill Bonnie because Bonnie had her extra time

• bobbysgurl says:

What extra time are you talking about? Didn’t you get the email? ND voluntarily left TVD. Should the show go into hiatus untilor if she decides to come back for the season finale.

34. phiwaz says:

It seems like all of you “veterans” of TVD out there forgot about the intense and beautiful love story that got us all into loving this show so much from the very beginning. It all started with the magic of Elena, Stefan and Damon, something that slowly transformed and evolved along the way. They kept us laughing, crying, hoping, dreaming… for the first 3 seasons, which in my opinion were the BEST. We loved them, we loved that trio, or triangle, as you wish to call it. We couldn’t ever imagine the show without one of them missing or gone, remember ? And now, all of a sudden everyone is chatting about how Elena should just just die, how they should get rid of her character, she suddenly became a “no one”.. Are you serious ??? I respect and love ALL of the characters, and Bonnie is amazing, but to say that Elena matters NO MORE, I think you’ve forgotten what you always loved about this show. That’s all I had to say. G’night internet.

• bobbysgurl says:

There was no “intense and beautiful love story.” The real love story was Stelena, not the triangle. Elena jumped into bed with her ex-boyfriend’s brother while said boyfriend drowned repeatedly for the summer while Delena screwed on every flat service known to man. TVD is not and has not been a rom com. Delena was messy and toxic.

• phiwaz says:

If she was truly in SO much love with Stefan from the start, all the Delena story wouldn’t have happened. If it’s REAL love, you can’t see any other “love”. Besides, even so, is it so impossible for you to accept the idea that one can care for more than a single person ?

• bobbysgurl says:

The simple truth is, I can see more than one side. TVD played fast and loose with the sire-bond story to appease Delena Stans once they put Damon and Elena together. Damon pursued Elena mercilessly, because he wanted to get back at Stefan. He was in a profound love with Katherine Pierce. Elena, for Damon, was the Katherine he had longed for for 150 years. The thing is she fell for him while under the influence of the sire-bond. Elena loved Damon, but she was not in love with him. When she told Damon it would always be Stefan, she meant it. Now, let’s get to 2016. Bonnie is under the influence of the hunters curse. She is profoundly connected to Damon. She cannot not want to kill Damon because it is Rayna’s last wish that she hunt him down and all of his kind until they are wiped from the face of the earth. Bonnie loves Damon and all her Vampire friends, so she’d rather die in her sleep to protect them than wake up and become “murder” them one by one. The parallel is Elena had no more control over her feelings than Bonnie has over hers. The second parallel, if you truly believe a Elena can love two brothers at the same time, then why can’t Damon love two BFF’s at the same time.

• Kimberley says:

AMEN OH MY GOD

35. Katia says:

I think its time to end i meen all the show was about elena, stephan and damon, i like whats is happen but evereything change nothing its like before i love bonnie but i think its enough.
    I wolud like in the last season elena and damon be together.
    If the director want to us happy that will be a good final. But its really important that Nina comes back

36. KD says:

This absolutely ticked me off to no end. There’s absolutely, positively no fricking way that Damon would have sacrificed Elena to save Bonnie, friends or no friends. Damon could not stand the thought of life without Elena, absolutely positively no way no how! He was even willing to give up his immortality for her. So where did it make any sense that he would sacrifice his extremely passionate and spellbinding love for Elena? If anything the one thing he would have done out of friendship with Bonnie is to kill her and then turn her into a vampire. This would have ended the spell and saved both his Elena and Bonnie. Time after time he’s done everything without thinking twice to save her, letting no one, no matter who it was, to get in his way in order to save the love of his entire life! VD did a horrible job with the Elena exit, horrible. It did not make ANY sense and cannot be justified! No way!