Twin Peaks Revival Cast List

Twin Peaks Revival: Complete Cast List Revealed (and It's Bananas)

It’s not quite a cast of thousands, but it’s damn near close.

Showtime on Monday released the official cast list for its upcoming Twin Peaks revival and it contains a staggering 217 names.

While the lineup includes a few dozen veterans from the original series (many of which we already reported), the list is dominated by Twin Peaks newbies. A few standouts: Ashley Judd, Michael Cera, Trent Reznor, Jessica Szohr, Jane Levy and Richard Chamberlain.

Twin Peaks alums returning for the revival include the previously confirmed Kyle McLachlan (as Special Agent Dale Cooper), as well as Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey), Madchen Amick (Shelly), Sheryl Lee (Laura/Maddy), Dana Ashbrook (Bobby), David Duchovny (Agent Dennis), Miguel Ferrer (Agent Rosenfield), Grace Zabriskie (Sarah), Peggy Lipton (Norma), Ray Wise (Leland), Wendy Robie (Nadine), Russ Tamblyn (Lawrence) and the late Catherine E. Coulson (the Log Lady).

Notably missing from the roster are Lara Flynn Boyle (Donna), Joan Chen (Jocelyn), Piper Laurie (Catherine) and Michael Ontkean (whose role of Sheriff Harry S. Truman will allegedly now be played by Robert Forster).

The cabler also announced that principal photography on the continuation has concluded, with a premiere targeted for 2017.

Check out the full list below, and then head to the comments and ID the name(s) you’re most excited to see.

Twin Peaks Cast List

1. Tim says:

This is insane!

2. Matt Ceccato says:

What a list! I did notice one missing regular, but won’t state so I don’t spoil for those who haven’t fully read it yet. Then again, I guess the buck stopped somewhere else…

3. Shutterbug99 says:

I would have given Monica Bellucci a spot on that standout list – possibly replacing Jessica Szohr…

4. em chicago says:

Names that stood out to me, some as positives, some I will try to reserve judgement on (except Jessica Szohr, she’s got a lot of redeeming to do) Jim Belushi, Michael Cera, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Amanda Seyfried, Tom Sizemore, Naomi Watts.. they mentioned Trent Reznor but forgot Eddie Vedder. This has a season pass for sure.

• em chicago says:

Also I would speculate on Amanda Seyfried playing Laura Palmer, but she basically did that on Veronica Mars.

• Shutterbug99 says:

Sheryl Lee is back as Laura – unless you are talking flashbacks, but then they might use scenes from the original series if they even can. Amanda Seyfried could play Coop and Annie’s daughter – just a guess as they never had a daughter, but there’s a resemblance there with Seyfried and Graham (kinda?)

• em chicago says:

I meant a Laura Palmer-type character, sorry, I wasn’t clear.

• Wesley Mercer says:

I believe it has already been announced that Amanda Seyfried is indeed playing Laura Palmer. FYI

• Shutterbug99 says:

I hadn’t heard this. I thought Sheryl Lee would continue to play Laura. I was thinking Amanda might play Coop and Annie’s daughter…or maybe Laura’s daughter?! I hadn’t heard anything about her actually playing Laura, though.

• Mike M says:

Three strikes and nobody even mentions TIM F!ng ROTH is in there lol

5. Debbie says:

It’s like the Woo Tang of television.

6. olethorvald says:

Josh McDermitt , Walking Dead’s Eugene, in Twin Peaks? Does that mean Eugene will die?

• alistaircrane says:

God I hope so.

But no. Twin Peaks has already wrapped production and I believe TWD doesn’t begin production on Season 7 till next month.

7. Joey says:

I saw the article title, and my breath caught in my throat. After review, I’m super excited about it.
    A little disappointing with no Piper Laurie, though…

• ChrisGa says:

Same regarding Piper Laurie. Kinda surprised too, I swore I read somewhere that she said she would definitely be game to returning.

8. Kristen says:

Bananas indeed!! absolutely cannot wait!

9. Maureen says:

How is James Roday not on this show?????

10. Chad says:

No Sheriff Truman? Not cool.

11. alistaircrane says:

Surprised about no Donna (Moira or Lara), no Piper Laurie, and no Joan Chen. Maybe in Season 4?

12. dkleener says:

Surprise omissions: Lara Flynn Boyle and Moira Kelly not on the list. Donna Hayward may be omitted or recast. Neither Joan Chen or Piper Laurie are listed.

Many happy returns: David Duchovny, Julee Cruise and David Lynch. (Gordon Cole is back! Yea!)

13. alistaircrane says:

No Man from Another Place? :-/ Not cool, Twin Peaks!!!

14. alistaircrane says:

Where is Eric da Re? Maybe his character did die in that cliffhanger after all.

15. alistaircrane says:

Wow, no Heather Graham either! WTF is going on??

16. Et al. says:

Wow, Bob, wow.

17. Eddie Vedder!!! EDDIE VEDDER!!!! So excited for this now!!! #EdtheVedForeva

18. Joey says:

I still remain 100% convinced that Laura Dern is playing Diane. She has to.

19. Alex says:

Is Lady Gaga also on this list?

20. Luis says:

Is this a mini-series, or “Gone With The Wind?”

21. G says:

Correction: Joan Chen’s character is Josie, not “Jocelyn.”

• jmichael79 says:

Her full name is Jocelyn, though Josie is what she goes by. She’s credited as Jocelyn Packard in the opening titles.

22. Eran says:

My gut is telling me Ashley Judd is a recast of Donna. And if that is the case, then I’m totally on board.

23. Michael Cera is clearly Andy and Lucy’s baby.

No Doc Hayward, Donna or Ben Horne? Or James? That’s a lot of story holes to fill or ignore.

24. Jason says:

It’s a shame James Roday didn’t get to pop up somewhere on the revival. He’s the ultimate fan and Psych did the ultimate homage with “Dual Spires”.

25. Cas says:

I’m confused why their cast list is so big…

26. I see Catherine Coulson [the Log Lady] is listed… I guess she died during shooting.

27. DiegoD says:

Jeremy Davies! He’s been in my favourite series, Lost, Justified, and now Twin Peaks!!! Eddie Vedder! Is he Bob 2.0?

28. Maurice says:

It looks like the new nightmare bar band includes Reznor,Vedder and Sharon Van Etten.

29. Great to see Deputies “Tommy Hawk” and Andy will be returning. Benjamin Horne’s back too. And the GREAT Grace Zabriskie. Also, Harry Dean Stanton and Tim Roth, who seem to be the epitome of the types of characters for a Lynchian series.

30. Stu Bell says:

Super excited about this. Manic cast list, for sure.

It seems like a shame that there was no room for Chris Isaak and Kiefer Sutherland as Chet Desmond and Sam Stanley. Sure Desmond disappeared after picking up the ring in Carl Rodd’s trailer park, but he could be trapped in the Black Lodge. And Harry Dean Stanton is returning so… And I did love that whole “pseudo TP” prologue to the film.

I’m really glad that Sherilyn Fenn is back (I had such a crush back in the day!) But how wasn’t Audrey vapourised in the bank vault incident? Maybe her limbs were blown off and we’ll get a sort of Boxing Helena type scenario? :-)

What I really want to know though is whether Jerry Horne will bring his smoked cheese pig…?

31. Hedy S. says:

I’m disappointed that Michael Ontkean isn’t returning. I did read somewhere that he is retired from acting, but it would’ve been nice to have him film a few scenes, maybe as the retired sheriff.